WWE Royal Rumble 2014 Preview + LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Joey

Reaction score
Re: WWE Royal Rumble 2014 Preview + LIVE Discussion Thread

Fcuk the crowd. Their one of those annoying crowds who boo unless they get what they want. Daniel Bryan was never gonna be in the rumble, Batista was always going to win. If they don't like it, then stop watching.

Lol Sabs Fcuk you

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I like where they are going with The Wyatts.. Bray looked awesome with Brian and it wasn't just cuz of DB. I still think DB has something bigger coming up for him and this is all just laying the groundwork. Batista winning was so predictable and very underwhelming he should have been brought back to put people over and that's it. I'm hoping that person will be Reigns as it seems a natural fit. As for the Rumble…I didn't get to see it of course cuz ,my net went down right as it started…but it was up for Cena/Orton..woo hoo..
I don't mind the NAO getting one last title run cuz I know it won't be long and I know that different plans are ahead for Cody and Goldust…which is also predictable they are gonna have a brother feud and culminate at Mania…blah
I am guessing the Uso's will be the ones to unseat NAO and that is fine…

But I will say that Orton, Cena, Batista, & Brock really need to stay the fuck out of the title scene from now on…I mean so many rising main event level stars and CM Punk & Sheamus still in their prime it's time to let them and the DB & Cesaro's and the like get that spotlight now…but it will probably not happen and Orton vs Tista will main event Mania and it will be fucking awful…

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Yeah, great night for the Wyatt's no doubt. Last night made it clear there's a new big bad in town.

Castiel

Reaction score

Honestly last night I couldn't help but think how great the product is right now aside from the title picture. For awhile now I've been interested in so much but just wanting to avoid anything from the title scene because it's the same old stuff. Cena/Orton was dreadful. They tried to force epicness and failed. The doing others finisher thing worked for Rock/Austin at WM 19 but it hasn't worked since.

Bray/Bryan was incredible, both deserve a lot of credit. Surely it will be a WWE MOTYC. I'm ok with NAO winning the belts but it looks like Goldust and Rhodes are building to their breakup... I know many wanted this for years but it's bittersweet. I just really hope they don't have Cody play the heel this time, he's fire as a face right now.

As for the Rumble match itself.... well you know. I honestly can't get over how big of a mistake they made. It was clear that Batista didn't need the win and didn't deserve the win. Personally, I've always seen Kane not winning in 01 as the biggest Rumble mistake, and Austin was my favorite guy, now Reigns not eliminating Batista is equal to that. They made him an absolute star last night but could've pushed him over the moon with that win. I hate to be that guy but WWE really does just seem to be too out of touch right now. How do you disregard your consumers like that? The only bright side would be if Batista gets the heel turn, which only makes sense, because he can be a real hated heel.

Jake Awesome

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I just don't get everyone pissing and moaning that Bray got a clean win over DB. DB is over as fuck he doesn't need a win over a rookie to get over…Bray needed this win…makes him look legit as fuck.

Castiel

Reaction score

Are people complaining about that? I've just seen praise for the match. Forgot to mention I'm also so damn hyped for a Wyatt/Cena program. Only thing that made the Cena/Orton match worthwhile.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

I haven't seen anyone complain about Bray getting a clean win over Bryan either, but if they are then they're Blue and don't understand a thing about booking.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I

Apparently after the show went off the air Batista was doing the yes chant with his middle fingers and started arguing with some fans.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Good the crowd were a bunch of shitheads anyway

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Good the crowd were a bunch of shitheads anyway
Why? Because they weren't happy with the result and voiced their displeasure? I mean, they sounded fine during Bryan/Wyatt, so its not like they were assholes all night. You seem to equate their booing Batista out of the building to them being dicks instead of people who were simply frustrated at what happened.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Why? Because they weren't happy with the result and voiced their displeasure? I mean, they sounded fine during Bryan/Wyatt, so its not like they were assholes all night. You seem to equate their booing Batista out of the building to them being dicks instead of people who were simply frustrated at what happened.

Daniel Bryan was never announced for the rumble. If they can't get that out of their thick skulls, then idk what to tell you.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Daniel Bryan was never announced for the rumble. If they can't get that out of their thick skulls, then idk what to tell you.
I think many of them were more upset that Batista won than that Bryan wasn't in the match, though I will give you the "Bryan was never announced" point since its valid. Regardless, I still think its alright for people to voice their negative feelings.

TrevorTerror

Reaction score
I agree with everything you've guys have said. I have a feeling though that the reason Reigns didnt win is cause hes goin to mania to END THE STREAK! Im callin it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I think many of them were more upset that Batista won than that Bryan wasn't in the match, though I will give you the "Bryan was never announced" point since its valid. Regardless, I still think its alright for people to voice their negative feelings.

Yeah like Batista was ever not going to win :lol: idk why people are so butthurt. Wwe is not going to bring him back only to have him put over stars. He's not at that point yet, he's still in great shape and intense as fuck. He can still "go" so to speak. I understand voicing your opinion but to basically ruin a whole PPV with boos about a superstar who was never announced for the rumble is kind of irritating.

Jake Awesome

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler