WWE Releases 3 talents

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Should have released Matt Hardy and Truth imo.

LKP

Reaction score
^^^^ Truth for sure.. and Mark Henry. Mind you... Danielson, Gabriel and Outanga can replace them losses.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I doubt they would release Truth anytime soon. Guys getting major pops. Matt Hardy I don't know about. He's been jobbing alot lately. But his pops are "Jeff Hardy's brothers" pops.
Plus on SD this Friday. Drew takes him and Hardy ends up leaving on a stretcher. Could be a way to write Hardy out of WWE.

LKP

Reaction score
WWE better have a good plan or replacements. Benjamin was a good talent.

Disarm

Reaction score
Lmfao.. well at least this helps show that the great technical wrestling era in WWE in coming to its end. Look at the top stars..We got Jericho, maybe Punk, that's it..sad.. Shelton will get what he deserves in TNA and fuck WWE for being a bunch of racist scumbags and holding the brotha down. He was a future HOFer if used right.

Ahem...Daniel Bryan.

And Edge can do some technical shit when he wants.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Nice, this destroys my dark and hidden theory that WWE would pair JTG with Slam Masta J as a supplement for cryme tyme.

Well I know Charlie Haas is stoked about Benjamin being released. Team Angle reunion in TNA, then Kurt can leave lol

kingovkings

Reaction score
Benajamin= good inring wrestler. But apart from that he sucked balls. He had zero charisma, mic skills. And could not make the fans like him or invest anytime in him. No matter how hard he tryed he just could not get over with the wwe fans no matter who he worked with. So im not surprised by it at all TBH.

Mickie im pretty gutted about this she along with only a hand full of other divas can actually wrestler and put on a good match. Although im not surprised as she wanted out to try her hand at a music career. But again im not shocked.

As for the other im not arsed about if im honest.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Benjamin honestly wasn't fit for the WWE after Team Angle split up. He is a great wrestler, but not an entertainer. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, he just needed a mouthpiece to succeed. Which he never got. I am curious to see if he does end up in TNA and how he will be used. Unlike Pope he isn't a good mic worker and it seems to me that they are now more promo heavy then the WWE. Japan or something like that could potentially be the best move for Shelton before he goes back to the WWE, which I think he will do eventually.

LKP

Reaction score
Yeah and look how that turned out.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
And now I anticipate AJ Styles vs. Shelton Benjamin. However, TNA is building a track record that destroys dream matches.

noumenon

Reaction score
I really don't understand people getting hard ons over Benjamin being released. The guy was boring as hell in WWE and he'll only be worse in TNA. Sure he'll be given more chances to (botch)/do some big spots, but nothing is going to change the fact that he blows on the mic and was never able to garner any interest in himself in the what...nearly 10 years he was in the company?

Mickie will probably also end up in TNA, I'm sure the lighter schedule will compliment her...uhhh...music career...lol.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
:happybday:

Shelton listened to the wisdom of HAAS! And not only that, which i've been waiting on him to bounce for years, Slam Master and Jimmy Yang are gone from that dump too? This is amazing news.

Klide

Reaction score
Mickie James released = An even weaker Womens division. I would release half of the Divas to keep james. And that's a good thing. Theres too many Divas why not just release every one of them. Make me happy. So what WWE is trying to say is that Jillian>Mickie???? WTF I know shes been in a slump for a while but come on. As for Benjamin im not so hard on. I actually want him to stay in WWE but I know if he goes to TNA they would probably treat him better.

Reaction score
Lmfao.. well at least this helps show that the great technical wrestling era in WWE in coming to its end. Look at the top stars..We got Jericho, maybe Punk, that's it..sad.. Shelton will get what he deserves in TNA and fuck WWE for being a bunch of racist scumbags and holding the brotha down. He was a future HOFer if used right.

When was the last time Shelton wrestled a 'technical' match? I mean seriously, people on here are meant to be 'smarks', and yet they buy into the gimmicks like a three year old to a Cena shirt.

The only good that will come of this will be if Benjamin links back up with Haas to go to TNA. If he goes alone we're going to get spotfests w/Angle, Jeff and AJ, with the possiblity of a whole botchamania dedicated to these matches to follow.

edit - Add Mike Knox to the list of releases. Unfortunate, really, because not only was be big and had a good look, but I also thought he was damn talented. I can't see him bobbing up in TNA either since he's not a big move type of guy.

wwe.com said:
WWE has come to terms on the release of Mike Knox as of today, April 22, 2010. We wish him the best in all future endeavors.