WWE Raw, Smackdown, PPV's 2004 Review Thread (Maybe HeAT & Velocity Matches)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE World Heavyweight Champion: Triple H
WWE Intercontinental Champion: Chris Jericho
WWE World Tag Team Champions: La Resistance
WWE Women's Champion: Trish Stratus

WWE Monday Night RAW
October 18th, 2004
Allstate Arena: Chicago, Illinois

FIRST TIME WATCHING!

Tonight: Orton/Jericho vs. Flair/Batista & Edge vs. Benoit vs. Michaels in a "Debate"

Uncle Eric is in the ring, he says can't wait any longer and demands Eugene come out. Eric has his little Ninja outfit on cause BLACK BELT! Eric says Eugene has been embarrassing him his entire life, but not its' his turn. He says after he beats him, he either gonna be his servant, wear a dress or will be bald. Eric says he knows what he's thinking, and it's wrong he isn't a real wrestler. He says he didn't really come out to fight Eugene but he knows someone who does.........GENE SNITSKY!

Eugene vs. Gene Snitsky
Uncle Eric remains at ringside to watch on, this isn't good at all. It's like the blind leading the blind. They brawl, for the most part, Snitsky is pretty basic and Eugene does pretty much the same stuff he's been doing since his debut. Gene rams Eugene into the ring post and rolls him back in, he hits a pump handle side slam for the win. *3/4

After the match; Snitsky grabs a chair, but Regal rushes out to fight him off but Gene low blows him and nails him in the neck with the side of the chair and leaves Regal laying, Snitsky leaves so Uncle Eric hits a shitty spinning sidekick to Eugene.

Todd Grisham is in the ring, along with three podiums. Edge, Benoit, and Michaels come out. Todd gives them 2 minutes and they basically cut the same promos for the past 3 weeks, I can beat Triple H, I've done it in the past and can do it again. BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! Shawn says he doesn't want to wait till the end of the might for the 3 way, Edge says they can beat Triple H but they can't beat him. Benoit then hits Edge with a German, but as Shawn goes for the superkick Edge ducks and Todd gets "hit" even though the camera shows that shit barely touched.

Trish Stratus, Molly Holly & Gail Kim vs. Stacy Keibler, Nidia & Victoria
FUCK YEAH! Heels Pear Harbor the faces, and they go right into isolating Stacy working over her injured knee from last week. It's solid and Stacy again is great at selling. Victoria gets the hot tag, and the match takes one hell of a nosedive, she pins Gail with the Widow's Peak. *1/2

Backstage: Snitsky is on the phone, when Lita walks up to him, she first slaps the phone out his hand and says she came here to look him in the eyes. She then calls him a bastard for killing her baby boy and begins slapping/punching him. So, Snitsky throws her against the wall. He says what happened to her, wasn't his fault but tomorrow her husband is gonna lose his match, just like SHE LOST HER BABY! SNITSKY DA GAWD!

Batista and Flair getting separate entrances :hhh6:

Batista & Ric Flair vs. Chris Jericho & Randy Orton
Big shocker, this is good. Jericho being pissed off and taking the fight to Batista is great, he uses the speed and just bullrushes Batista that works at first but Batista powers out. Flair and Orton have this AMAZING FIGHT! THAT GOT ME HYPED FOR THE PPV MATCH! Evolution isolate Jericho during the break, Batista targets the back but Flair does his punches, chops, and rakes cause he does it so well. Orton has a great hot tag and goes crazy on Flair again, I'm surprised at how much they're giving away Orton/Flair, like all of Orton's offense this whole match so far has been against Flair, he tags Jericho in who has a mini-hot tag of his own. The match breaks down, Orton goes for the RKO but Flair shoves him into the ref taking him out. Flair then low blows Orton, but Jericho locks him in the Walls. Flair begins to tap, but the ref doesn't see it. Batista then comes back and nails the KNOCKOUT LARIAT! Flair then locks in the figure-four. But Jericho is out, so as the ref counts the shoulders, Jericho "recovers" just to tap out 0.0001 seconds later. Weird Finish, to a damn good match. ***1/4

RAW European tour footage.

VOTING FOR TABOO TUESDAY IS NOW OPEN!

Vince McMahon comes strutting down to the ring, Vince again hypes up Taboo Tuesday, this is the most advertisement a PPV has gotten maybe all year or since Mania. JESUS! Christian comes out, he says he has to get something off his chest, he thanks all the fans of Chi-town and all over the world for their support. He says this has nothing to do, with the voting for the Intercontinental Championship now being open, he just had to do it. He tells Vince that his PEEPS! HIS "CHRISTIAN COALITION" HOLY SHIT! :mark: he said it in WWE first :mark: He says he Peeps won't be denied. He says there is only one thing that can take him over the top, and to the promise land. And that is an endorsement from him, Vince McMahon. Tajiri comes out and says "I SINK HE'S A LIAR" And says he loves Mr. McMahon and hugs Vince, who has this awesome disgusted facial expression. Christian then hugs him too, Coachman then comes out, Coach says he is the MICHAEL JORDAN OF RAW! He says Vince should endorse him, Rhyno runs down to the ring, he says he's just out here to GORE Christian and Coach, Vince says they're all acting like children. Christian tries to say children are the future, but Vince cuts him off with the SSSSSSHUUUUUTTT UP! Vince then goes to talk again, but now the Hurricane comes out, he says to do the right thing, Vince vote Hurricane. Shelton also comes out. Vince cuts him off and says he's had it with all of them, so he books a six-man elimination match for his endorsement.

Christian vs. Tajiri vs. Coachman vs. Rhyno vs. The Hurricane vs. Shelton Benjamin
Vince joins commentary for this, Christian/Hurricane and Hurricane/Tajiri ruled to start. Hurricane is eliminated by Tajiri's Buzzsaw Kick after Christian hung The Hurricane up on the top rope, Tajiri is eliminated during the break, but, they don't show how and by who. When we return, Rhyno gores Coach and pins him, Christian immediately hits the unprettier and cover Rhyno eliminating him. Christian and Shelton have a great 4 or 5-minute showing, NOVEMBER SOON! :mark: They cut all the beginning and middle stuff and go right into the trading near falls, off the spots getting bigger. Vince shits on Christian for having too many nicknames :( Shelton hits the T-Bone suplex outta nowhere for the win. **1/2 - **3/4

Carmella/Christy bullshit in the ring, I didn't watch. BECAUSE I DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS SHIT!

Taboo Tuesday HYPE!

Triple H comes out and joins Commentary.

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit vs. Edge
this gets 11 minutes or so, the opening minutes ruled as it's all 3 in and out of the ring doing stuff together. Sadly, after the break, they go back to the 2 in 1 out formula. Benoit/Edge ruled I CANNOT WAIT TILL NOVEMBER! I think during the break Shawn blew out his knee, as he's barely in and is limping pretty bad, he can't even get off the ground for the flying forearm, and can't even for the kip up. Triple H says this is all a work, for sympathy votes. We get a hilarious attempt at SCM but Shawn can't even lift his leg, so Benoit just dumps him with the triple German's followed by the diving headbutt, Edge slides back in and goes for the spear but Benoit avoids and locks in the Sharpshooter on Edge. He pulls Edge to the center but Shawn superkicks him to break the hold. Shawn tries to get to his feet, but from the floor, Edge floors him and pulls him dick first into the ring post. Benoit again avoids the spear, and tries the crossface, they trade school boys but Edge gets the better and grabs the ropes for the win. Solid stuff considering, maybe with a little more time and a healthy Shawn this might have been better. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Intercontinental Champion: Chris Jericho
WWE World Tag Team Champions: La Resistance

opTeMly.gif

WWE Taboo Tuesday
October 19th, 2004
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Johnathan Coachman brings out the RAW Divas' onto the stage, the results are in School Girl's outfit wins with 53%, 2nd is French Maid's with 30% and Nurse's was 17%.

Chris Jericho comes down to the ring, the results are in. Shelton Benjamin wins with 37%, 2nd was Batista with 20%, others 36% and Coach with 7% :lmao

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Shelton Benjamin
I think everyone knows the story by now, Jericho had no clue who was winning and found out when we found out. He was also just told the finish when Shelton was making his entrance. So everything is pretty much called on the fly, Shelton has the upperhand in the mat/counter wrestling to start, so Jericho decks him with a forearm and takes over for bit. They pretty much go back and forth, for the entire match and it gets better as time goes by. Jericho targets the back, but uncharacteristically for Shelton, he doesn't really sell it at all, like during the work sometimes, but totally ignores it during his mini-comebacks. Jericho hits the bulldog but misses the Lionsault, Shelton hits his flying LARIAT off the top for two but misses his stinger splash. Jericho's Walls gets countered into an inside cradle for two, Jericho, does come right back with the Lionsault, but it takes him way too long to cover so it gets kicked out of. The match ends when Jericho buts on the stops and tries to come off the middle rope, but he gets caught on the way down with a T-Bone Suplex and Shelton covers for the win. **3/4

After the match; Jericho and Shelton have words, Jericho takes the title from Shelton just to put it on Shelton's shoulder before leaving.

Backstage: Edge, Benoit, and Michaels are all standing by, Edge says he proved last night that he deserves this, and if there's any justice in the world, he will leave Taboo Tuesday with his head held high as world champion. Benoit says he hasn't lost to Triple H this year, and if you're sick of Triple H and Evolution, you'll vote for him. Shawn confirms that his knee is hurt, but if you vote for him, he'll leave it all in the ring to win the title.

Coachman is back at the nerd desk area, the votes are in. Shawn Michaels wins with 39%, Edge with 33% and Benoit with 28%. Edge storms off PISSED!

K8y927X.gif

Fulfill Your Fantasy Battle Royal for the WWE Women's Championship: Trish Stratus vs. Jazz vs. Nidia vs. Gail Kim vs. Molly Holly vs. Victoria vs. Stacy Keibler
So yeah, the cleavage, ass cheeks, and stuff are all on show, so that's dope. But this match was terrible.

Jazz eliminates Nidia
Victoria eliminates Jazz and Gail Kim
Trish Stratus and Molly Holly team up and eliminate Victoria
Molly Holly eliminates Stacy

Right after Stacy is taken out Trish sneaks up behind Molly and throws her out for the win.

eWSyDlo.gif

Backstage: La Resistance says this is unfair and typical of the corrupt American voting system. Conway says they're wrestling this match under protest.

KANE/SNITSKY/LITA/DEAD BABY! VIDEO PACKAGE.

Coachman reveals that the Weapon for the Weapon of Choice match is a Chain with 41%, Steel Chair 30% and Lead pipe 29%

Weapon of Choice Match: Gene Snitsky vs. Kane (w/Lita)
So this shit, I was so hyped with the build going in, but this gets 14 minutes and 10 of them is pretty mediocre. I mean I did like the use of the chain as a partner, so they just take turns using it on one another. But after like the 13 or 14 chain use on offense i'm like c'mon dog, you can't put someone away with this. I've never been punched with a chain wrapped around a fist, but wrestling has taught me more times than not it leads to a KNOCKOUT! At one point, Snitsky wraps the chain around Kane's throat and begins choking him, Kane blatantly starts tapping but I think, the ref thinks Kane is tapping the mat to get the fans behind him. Fuckit, this keeps going, Gene grabs a chair and begins using it cause this is JUST A NODQ MATCH! Snitsky then Pillmanize's Kane. HOLY SHIT! KARAMA! Kane is bleeding from the mouth and Gene covers for the win. *1/2

After the match; EMT's, medic's, refs all rush down to help Kane. They place him on a stretcher. JR says he's never seen anything like this. C'MON JR! I LOVE YOU! BUT HE DID THIS TO SHAWN IN JUNE! AND YOU LOST YOUR SHIT OVER IT! Anyway, Kane is strapped down to the stretcher. BUT SNITSKY COMES BACK DOWN THE THROWS KANE OFF THE STRETCHER. FUCK YEAH!

LW6RFNs.gif

Backstage: Todd Grisham gets Edge's thoughts on his Tag Team Titles match, Edge thanks the fans for voting in a broken down has-been who won't defeat Triple H, but he could and would have. He says no disrespect to the tag titles, but he's held them 10 times, and it's a consolation prize, and the World Title is his destiny, and thanks the people again before leaving.

Coachman gives a rundown of the match stipulation but says he's gonna change it up and have the match take place first.

"Choose the Loser's Fate" Eric Bischoff vs. Eugene
2 Minutes of nothing, Eugene wins.

Coach shows the results, 59% Shave head, 21% wear a dress and 20% Servant. Coachman comes down to the ring, tries to help Bischoff get out of it by saying the crowd wants something else. He says Uncle Eric only has to e Eugene's servant for 5 minutes. Vince McMahon comes out power walking, looking mad af. Eric says he's not doing it, so Vince says if he doesn't he's FIIIRRREEEED! Coachman talks him into doing it. Eugene starts cutting his hair, Coach tries to sneak off but Vince calls him back and forces him to wear the dress for the rest of the night. Vince yelling at Coach "Button up the dress, don't be a slut" is the greatest thing ever :lmao

Backstage: Shawn is getting his knee looked at when Edge comes over, he asks how the knee is before cutting him off saying Shawn knew how bad the knee is, and should have dropped out. He says it was a 6% difference and he would have got those votes. Edge says he knows he can't beat Triple H, and it should be his shot, but Shawn took it away and call him a selfish son of a bitch.

WWE World Tag Team Championships: La Resistance vs. Chris Benoit & Edge
This might be the longest angle match in history, Edge is super aggressive to start and takes out all his frustrations on Conway they also play off the story with Edge not being into this match at all, he gets distracted very easily by small stuff like fans or falling for shit that he never really falls for. Benoit keeps trying to keep Edge focused on the match tho, so that's cool. The champs iso Edge for a bit, it pretty mediocre, the fact that La Resistance is still below average after a whole year they debuted 2003 right? I can't remember, but it's hilarious like they're still doing the basic of basic heel stuff and ever fucking up bumping off backdrops. Just goes to show, has terrible the Tag Team scene is outside Evolution. HOLY SHIT! Benoit only hits like two boots during his hot tag before he gets cut off and is now isolated. BRUH! Edge seemingly to get more frustrated as he stands on the apron, and by the ref missing calls. He snaps and just walks off. Edge goes to the back, he grabs his bags and drives off in a car what I assume isn't his. Benoit goes it alone for a few minutes, he makes an okayish comeback hitting all his stuff, he forces Coway to tap to the Crippler Crossface. BENOIT DA GAWD! **1/4

Backstage: Todd Grisham interviews Triple H, Hunter says you don't have a strategy in a PPV like this. He calls this all crap and says as far as HBK is concerned he's not buying it. He's known Shawn for 10 years, and he's full of crap. He says Shawn is gonna come to the ring hoping he thinks, that I think he's hurt so I let my guard down. Well, that's not gonna happen. He says if Shawn Michaels' leg isn't actually broken, it will be by the end of the night.

Christy/Carmella video package :lmaolmao

Coachman is at the control center area in his dress, he shows the results of this shit. Lingerie Pillow Fight 57%, Evening Gown match 33% and Aerobics Challenge 10%

Lingerie Pillow Fight: Carmella vs. Christy Hemme
It is what it is. NEXT!

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels
So yeah this, it's not like they have the best chemistry but is clearly hindered by Shawn's knee. Shawn only offense for 95% of the match is his shitting punches and even worse chops. God Shawn's chops suck. Hunter targets the knee and its super dope, Shawn does his best selling of the whole year, well tbf, it's the only selling he's done all year. Yelling in pain, or telling the ref don't ring the bell which i think wrestlers need to do more of. Hunter locks in the figure four for way too long, I hate how that move has just become mid-match filler throwaway, it's like the Lionsault, All of Kurt's moves, Takers' Chokeslam. Anyway, Shawn reaches the ropes, Shawn can barely stand but when he does it's back to chops and punches. He does manage to hit a 3 god awful looking atomic drops followed by a DDT and takes 2 minutes to not only climb the top rope but hit the Elbow drop. He knocks Batista off the apron when he comes out, and hits Sweet Chin Music, but Edge runs through the crowd and hits Shawn with a spear. As Batista has the ref distracted, Edge then goes back through the crowd yelling "IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME". Hunter then crawls and covers Shawn for the win. It took 3 men to beat a one-legged man. LOL! **1/4

Shawn is helped to the back.

Backstage: Skinhead Uncle Eric is walking around raging at people, he forces a young Mr. Kennedy to turn around and not look at him.

Recap of this dreadful PPV, blatantly killing time.

Coachman reveals the Cage Match won with 68%, Falls Count anywhere 20% and Submissions Match 12%

Flair main eventing a PPV in 2004 :proud

Steel Cage Match: Ric Flair vs. Randy Orton
Flair debuts the Black and Gold robe :mark: So this is still so good, they go right into it. Just punching the shit out of each other, Flair plays off being the more experienced of the two not only just being in the ring but having cage matches too. Orton is busted open after hitting the cage once so that rules. Orton gets great color too and Flair works it with punches, cage rakes, and knee drops. Orton gets his 2nd wind and he throws Flair into the cage who gets busted open first time too. FUCK YEAH! Way to sell the cage as a dangerous weapon. Flair tries to climb out but Orton rams his head into the steel beams and dops him crotch first onto the top rope. Orton now begins working the cut with punches and boots, but Flair puts a stop to all of that with his 2nd low blow in 5 minutes lol. I love how everything Flair did to Orton to start, Orton comes back and does to him. Cage rakes, nasty forearms to the cut. Orton hits the crossbody but only gets two, he then follows up with the inverted backbreaker for another two. I love that Flair just wants to escape now, he wants no part of this and just does moves for separation. FLAIR THEN PULLS OUT THE BRASS KNUCKLES AND NAILS ORTON WITH THEM. But, Orton kicks out. Flair again tries to go through the door, but Orton grabs him by stopping it. Flair grabs a chair. As he goes to swing it, Orton ducks and hits the RKO for the win. FUCKING AWESOME FOR 10 MINUTES! They went right into it and was violent from bell to bell. ***1/2

1hrNbVm.gif

Orton and Flair, Shake and hug after the match. Evolution :mjcry They have this hilarious long awkward stare at one another, it looks like they wanted to kiss.

yVsPVSd.gif

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I remember being so excited to vote in that shit lmao

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Champion: John Bradshaw Layfield
WWE United States Champion: Carlito Caribbean Cool
WWE Tag Team Champions: Rene Dupree & Kenzo Suzuki
WWE Cruiserweight Champion: Spike Dudley

WWE Smackdown
October 21st, 2004
Rockford, Illinois

Tonight: Rey/RVD/Booker vs. Rene/Kenzo/JBL - Champions Showcase

Torrie Willson comes out wearing almost nothing :homer: She does the ring introductions for the opening match.

DnX78SA.gif

Carlito comes out, he starts hitting on her he says this United States Champion looks good on him, just like he would be good on her. She keeps ignoring him, so he SPITS APPLE IN HER FACE! Torrie runs off.

Carlito Caribbean Cool vs. Rico
Carlito showcase, he wins with the overdrive. God that move sucks balls.

Cole and Taz talk about Cena, his Kidney is SAVED!

Backstage: Booker T is talking to Theodore Long, he tells Long he's not interested in Tag Matches. Long says this isn't any ordinary tag match. Booker says he doesn't care about RVD or Mysterio. Long says he doesn't care what he does, as long as he does it in the ring, and he needs him to step up. Booker T repeats "step up", and walks out.

Broken Kidman video package.

OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH! CHAVO! Chavo Guererro comes down to the ring, Chavo says whether you love or hate him, the support he got while he was sitting at home hurt was overwhelming. So he thanks the people. He says he's so excited to be back, back home on Smackdown. Kidman interrupts. He says its great to have Chavo back and says he looks great, Kidman says they've been through a lot dating back to WCW. He says this has made them closer, as they're both victims. Chavo got hurt and he was turned into a monster for what they both know was an accident. Kidman says he knows Chavo forgives him, and Chavo talks about how close he was to never coming back to something he loved. He thanks an old friend who was there for him and his family during this time of need, and Chavo offers Kidman his hand. They shake, but Chavo says that friend sure as hell wasn't Billy Kidman, and he clotheslines him. Chavo put the boots to Kidman and clotheslines him to the floor.

Backstage: Paul Heyman tells Heidenreich that long wants to cancel his first match, Heidenreich says NO! Heyman then says Long can wrestle the match as long as he wears the Straightjacket to and from the ring.

Survior Series Press Conference in Cleveland.

Heidenreich (w/Paul Heyman) vs. Shannon Moore
SQUASH!

Backstage: T.Long asks Carlito if he thinks it cool to spit in woman's face, and asks if he's sure he wasn't in the club Cena got stabbed. Carlito says he doesn't hang out with THUGS! because they're not cool, but Theodore says the authorities told him otherwise. Carlito says he doesn't like the tone of his voice so he's not saying anything until he talks to his lawyer, and walks away.

Backstage: Booker T is getting ready for his match when Orlando Joran comes over, OJ tells Booker JBL would like to have a word with him about this 6 man match, he apologizes for whatever he said to offend Booker T last week, but Booker T just walks away.

Eddie Guererro vs. Mark Jindrak (w/Luther Reigns)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Jindrak beat Eddie, NEVER SHOULD THIS EVER HAPPEN I DON'T CARE THAT IT TOOK 3 MEN! FUCK 2004 SMACKDOWN! TAKE THIS FAKE ADJACE ORTON AND THIS ADJACE BATISTA AND FUCK OFF! STOP HAVING THESE GUYS LOOK BETTER THAN THE BEST WRESTLER ON THIS GOD AWFUL SHOW! I WANT TO QUIT SO BAD!

Backstage: Heyman goes into T.Long's office, Heyman says his client Heidenreich wants a favor from him, to book Heidenreich vs. The Undertaker @ Survivor Series. Long okays it, but Long says he wants a signed contract and if Paul wants it so bad, he'll have to be the one to get The Undertaker to sign the contract. And he needs it by next week.

Backstage: RVD and Rey are talking, Booker comes over and says they have a hell of a thing going for them, but he's his own man. He tells them to stay out of his way in this match tonight.

FUCKING 19 MINUTE VIDEO on the Tough Enough casting airs. 8 men are chosen. BLAH

Backstage: JBL and OJ bump into Booker T, Booker congratulates JBL on all his success, and they talk about stuff, seeming pretty friendly before Booker calls OJ a houseboy. Booker says he's just playing, and they laugh, and Booker walks off.

John Bradshaw Layfield, Rene Dupree & Kenzo Suzuki (w/Orlando Jordan, Hiroko & FiFi) vs. Rob Van Dam, Rey Mysterio & Booker T
This gets 10 minutes it's basically another angle match, Rey and RVD work the majority of the match refusing to tag Booker to keep it safe. And Booker seems disinterested anyway. Everyone apart from Booker gets in and it's pretty much all chaos with the faces dominating the match. During the break the heels isolate RVD, it's pretty average outside JBL/Rey interaction which always rules. RVD misses a dive, so Rey has to tag in Booker. He gets in against JBL. They smile and laugh, Booker holds Rey up for JBL as he hits the ropes, Booker hits the Harlem Sidekick. He cleans house on the heels and hits the scissors kick on JBL and pins him. FUCK YEAH! FACE BOOKER BAK! **1/2 - **3/4

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So we gonna get the Miz :mark:

Reactions: Cwalker and Chris

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Intercontinental Champion: Shelton Benjamin
WWE World Tag Team Champions: Chris Benoit & Edge

WWE Monday Night RAW
October 25th, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa

HOLY SHIT! THEY REPLAY THE ENTIRE Eugene/Uncle Eric match and post-match fuckery from Taboo Tuesday in full. 8 Minutes of RAW wasted.

Eric Bischoff comes down to the ring, wearing a leather hat to cover his head. He says was brought in to be the GM of RAW to make changes and an impact, and everytime he does someone breaks it off and shoves it down his throat. Eric says he's sick and tired.....and pulls off his hat showing his shaved buzzcut. Eric says if everyone thinks they can do a better job, of running RAW then fine. TONIGHT! I'm giving myself the night off and the inmates are running the asylum.

Evolution come down to the ring, Triple H says you people loved having the power at Taboo Tuesday and calls power intoxication. He says since Eric has given himself the night off, Evolution are now running the show, and it's not just because he is the World Champion. But, strength in numbers and might means right. So, with that in mind. He asks Flair whatever he wants he's got. Flair says he talked about it all week long. He wants Orton again, he says beating him at Taboo Tuesday didn't make him a legend, it makes him lucky. Flair calls Orton a punk kid able to walk that aisle, and he was the man but he will not stay the man. Hunter okays it. Randy Orton, comes out now. He says he doesn't take orders from anybody and says he beat Flair once and will do it again. He says just because Eric isn't here, it doesn't give them full reign and he and the boys in the back won't listen to anything they have to say. He says he wants the World Heavyweight Title. Hunter says this is the type of attitude that will get someone's ass kicked, he says Orton can have his title match. Provided he can beat Flair again. Tonight Orton/Flair, and if Orton wins he gets his title match at Survivor Series, but if he loses he can never challenge him again as he's World Champion. Flair gloats him in saying Legend Killers don't ever back down, so Orton accepts.

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Shelton Benjamin vs. Chris Jericho
Again really good, Shelton is the better amateur wrestler so he wins those matchups. Shelton goes for the Stinger Splash early, but misses and takes a great bump off the ring post and to the floor. Jericho follows up with a Plancha off the top rope as we go to break, when we return Jericho is back in control with his offense mainly directed towards the back. Shelton has a really good comeback, quicking the pace, and the match picks up a ton with both guys going back and forth, Jericho is super on tonight with his spots and making them look brutal. They trade pin attempts, but Jericho goes for the walls, but Shelton counters and rolls through into a side victory roll for the win. **3/4

After the match; Jericho again is mad, but offers the handshake. They shake and Jericho leaves allowing Shelton to celebrate. BUT CHRISTIAN COMES OUT AND ATTACKS SHELTON FROM BEHIND! He hits him with the Unprettier and holds up the IC Championship.

Backstage: Uncle Eric and Coach are getting LIT of the grey goose.

Backstage: Evolution are hitting on Christy Hemme, Flair tries to run train but Christy says she has plans. Hunter asks if he likes her job, but from behind Triple H barges into him. They follow him and stop him in front of the locker room. Hunter tells him he needs to learn. Jericho asks if he's supposed to learn about how big of jackasses they all are. They move in on him, but Maven comes out of the locker room, and Hunter asks if he wants some too. Chris Benoit then steps out and asks if there's a problem? Rhyno and Tajiri also come over, so Evolution say no problems and leave.

Recap of Edge's busy night at Taboo Tuesday.

Jim Ross is in the ring, he thanks the fans for Taboo Tuesday, he says Edge has refused to be here tonight but is here LIVE via satellite. JR asks him how he justifies his actions at Taboo Tuesday. Edge says that title was not Shawns to win, it was his. He says this is the last time he explains himself. He beat Triple H in a tag match, and the next week beat Shawn and Benoit in a Triple Threat match. Edge says he thought about why he got taken for granted, and he's figured it out. Shawn got a sympathy vote? He's been battling through injuries since 2003. His neck, his hand, his groin, his foot, etc. But when he came back, he got booed out of the building in his own hometown, again taken for granted. He says his life changed because of that 6%, and the people don't deserve to see him, and he'll be back on Raw when he's damn good and ready. JR then brings out Shawn Michaels, who had knee surgery on Friday. Shawn comes out limping on crutches. JR hands Shawn the mic and leaves. Shawn says as he was listening to Edge list his injuries, he might have been impressed but since it happens in 6 months and not over 20 years, that makes him clumsy and fragile. He says Taboo Tuesday was different and special, he felt it and knows the boys felt it too. So, he thanks the fans for making that night happen, and for voting him into the World Title match even though they knew he was hurt. Shawn says after the match and he went to the back, guys questioned him on why he would go out and possibly hurt his knee, even more, Shawn says didn't do it to seem tougher or heroic, he did it for you people. And gave them him. Shawn says he's gotta go and take some time off again, but he will be coming back again.

Backstage: Todd Grisham interviews Maven, but Batista comes over and barges him out of the way. Batista says he making a match for himself. But Maven comes back over and says if this is his shot to make an impact, he's gonna do it because he's challenging him to a match. Batista calls him son and says he's not worth his time or effort, so Maven slaps him! Maven backs up to the ring, and Batista follows. PISSED!

Maven vs. Batista
This mostly all Batista, he beats the shit out of Maven but as he goes for the Batista Bomb, Maven rolls into a Sunset Flip and PINS BATISTA! After the match; Maven backs up the ramp and Batista goes out after him, Jericho and Benoit come out and form a human wall, stopping Batista, they raise Maven's hand and leaves.

I wonder if this was always the plan, or Shawn's injury changed everything, this also seems like a Tough Enough thing, like hey, look tough enough guys you can be in the main event angle too someday 8D

William Regal vs. Gene Snitsky
SNITSKY SQUASH!

After the match; Gene grabs the mic and says that was nothing, compared to what he did to KANE. He says he did what no man has ever done before. And he'll destroy anybody else in the RAW locker room. THE DEATH OF KANE'S BABY WASN'T HIS FAULT! But the destruction I cause from here on in, that will be all his FAULT!

Backstage: Eric is still getting LIT as he watches the show on TV.

Backstage: Lita is getting ready when Trish comes over, she says Lita had one hell of a year so far. She reunited with Matt, then ruined his career, married Kane, and possibly fell for him and now ruined his career. Trish says there's a lot of young upstarts in the back whose careers she could ruin, but right now, she should be more concerned with her pregnancy weight. She says as a friend, Lita's looking a little chubby. Lita jumps her and they have a pull apart fight. Good shit.

SMACKDOWN REBOUND!

Backstage: Triple H is raging at how this night, has not gone according to plan. Flair says they are unstoppable. He says Hunter is the world champion, he is it e Nature BOOOOOY! and Batista is the human, walking death sentence, and he's going to beat Randy Orton. He walks off, and Hunter says if anyone gets involved they know what to do.

If Orton wins he gets a World Title match at Survivor Series, but if he loses he never gets a title match again as long as Triple H is World Champion: Ric Flair vs. Randy Orton
Obviously good, but doesn't even come close to the PPV match. Orton uses his youth and speed to his advantage to start, Flair bumping is still incredible, I know he wrestles almost every RAW but it really does amaze me how great Flair was at 54 or 55. His willingness to let Benoit and Orton just beat the shit out of him is just awesome. Flair constantly has to cheat to gain the advantage, but he can only maintain it for so long. As we go to break, Flair avoids a charge and Orton goes into the ringpost. Sadly, Flair doesn't follow up or maybe he does but it gets cut out due to the commercial. Orton doesn't even sell it too. So that's weird, Orton makes another comeback but as he goes for the crossbody Flair ducks and Orton lands on the knee hurting it. Flair now targets the knee, it's Flair working the knee, so you know it's dope. Orton selling is a good time too, Flair locks in the Figure-Four but Orton rolls over to break the hold. Flair goes for it again, but Orton counters into the inside cradle for two. Orton's jabs are now A1 status, as he makes his comeback, he hits his dropkick for two and follows up with a powerslam. He hits the RKO but Batista runs out. But, Jericho, Benoit, and Maven run down attacking Batista from behind. As the ref is dealing with that, from behind. Triple H runs through the crowd and nails Orton in the back with a chair allowing Flair to cover Orton for the win. ***

After the match; Hunter and Flair are celebrating up the ramp, when Benoit, Jericho, and Maven come back out. They back them back down to the ring. They walk around the ring and try to go through the crowd, but Eugene, Hurricane, Rosey, and others stand in the crowd to cut them off. They try to go out the other way, but Shelton Benjamin, Tajiri, and Rhyno are there. All six climb over on their sides and move in on Triple H & Ric Flair, so they roll into the ring. They turn around, and Benoit, Jericho, and Maven are in the ring, helping up Orton. They surround the two and Flair tries to back up, but he backs into Orton, who drops him with another RKO. Hunter tries to bail, but the guys on the floor throw him back in. He tries to punch Maven, but he blocks and punches Hunter back into the triple Germans from Benoit. Jericho hits the Lionsault and Orton signals for the end. So Maven and Jericho pick Triple H up so Orton can hit the RKO.

The crowd going nuts for that whole post match angle was great. AWESOME ANGLE! AWESOME RAW! In terms of building angles for the future. My 2nd Favorite RAW of this year.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
That crowd really had me thinking WWE had found a top baby face in Orton. They were hot for him. Too bad the face run only lasts another 3-4 months

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Fab how sad would you be if someone told you around this time in 04 that Orton wouldn't win another world title until 07 :TI:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Fab how sad would you be if someone told you around this time in 04 that Orton wouldn't win another world title until 07 :TI:
I would look at them like this
giphy.gif

But then I would be hype knowing that Triple H would be holding the world title for 3 more years, cause no way they would move the hottest face in the company to Smackdown 8D

That crowd really had me thinking WWE had found a top baby face in Orton. They were hot for him. Too bad the face run only lasts another 3-4 months
I'm still debating if i should watch 2005, cause RAW takes a massive dip and Smackdown is still WOAT! But i do really wanna see if the Orton/Taker feud is good.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
From what I remember from 05, Raw takes a huge dip but it's still a million times better than what it becomes in 06, and Smackdown actually improves a little after the draft but it's still pretty shitty and still worse than Raw.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Smackdown 2006 giving me Benoit/Regal, Benoit/Finley, Benoit/Orton, Benoit/JBL :proud

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I would look at them like this
giphy.gif

But then I would be hype knowing that Triple H would be holding the world title for 3 more years, cause no way they would move the hottest face in the company to Smackdown 8D

I'm still debating if i should watch 2005, cause RAW takes a massive dip and Smackdown is still WOAT! But i do really wanna see if the Orton/Taker feud is good.

I don’t remember much of the build up to Orton/Taker. The Mania match was good from what I remember but the Summerslam, 2-1 Casket match and HITC were forgettable outside of Cowboy Bob almost giving Taker Hepatitis

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Champion: John Bradshaw Layfield
WWE United States Champion: Carlito Caribbean Cool
WWE Tag Team Champions: Rene Dupree & Kenzo Suzuki
WWE Cruiserweight Champion: Spike Dudley

WWE Smackdown
October 28th, 2004
Omaha, Nebraska

Tonight: Rey/Angle

Backstage: The Tough Enough contestants and Al Snow enter the arena, they put their bags in the locker room but the Big Show comes over and forces them to leave, he pie faces one of them (Daniel Puder) :lmao into the lockers and throws him out personally. They quickly grab their shit and leave it in the hallway. Snow leads them to the ring.

They come down to the ring, Al interduces them. We have, Chris Nawrocki, MIKE MIZANIN! Ryan Reeves, Daniel Rodimer, Nick Mitchell, Justice Smith, and Daniel Puder. Al says it's time to start the first challenge, he gives them 20 seconds to tell the Big Show what they think of him.
Chris says, we might be the kids on the block but when he wins he will be right beside him and he will NEVER put him in his place again.
Miz, does his best Rock impression, even getting the cheap hometown pop:lmao He says the Big Show might be the biggest guy on SMACKDOWN!
Ryan says, Big Show would have taken this opportunity too, so don't hate on him.
Daniel says Show went up to his boy and pushed him, while he smiled in Show's face and did nothing.
Nick says he's big time, and does some shit in the ring, and says he didn't know they stacked crap that high.
Justice says Show went to the smallest man, whats up with dat?
Puder says that didn't hurt, he's got 3 words for him SNAP, CRACKLE, AND POP! And when he gets done with him, he gonna break his arms and legs. Cause that's what I do.

Snow then has the Big Show come out :lmao Show calls Ryan over he takes a FUCKInG SWING AT HIM BUT Ryan ducks and runs back to the ropes. Show says he's gonna bodyslam them all one by one, Reeves steps first and takes his. Mike then takes one. He slaps the shit out of Nick and slams the rest of them. BUT WITH THE BLACK GUY HE FOLLOWS WITH A FUCKING ELBOW DROP! :lmaolmao this shit is too funny

Recap of Booker's actions last week.

Chavo Guererro vs. Nunzio
NOPE! Not good. IDK about-face Chavo.

Backstage: Josh Mathews interviews, JBL and OJ. Josh brings up how last week was the first time JBL was pinned since before WrestleMania 20. He asks how JBL plans on responding, he says it was a tag match and Booker might be a great tag team wrestler but Booker isn't in his league. JBL says he holds a singles championship, he lists off people he's beaten. When Booker comes over and threatens him. He says he beat him last week, and when he does it again it will be for the WWE Championship. OJ interrupts and says Booker isn't even in his league, and if he wants a shot at JBL he has to go through him. Booker says Orlando can't even hold his jock (insert OJ gay joke) Booker again calls OJ a houseboy. GM Theodore Long comes over and bookers Orlando vs. Booker, tonight and if Booker wins he gets a title match at Survivor Series.

Backstage: Heidenreich is on the phone to Heyman, he begs Heyman to get the Undertaker to sign. I NEED THIS MATCH!

In a dark room, Paul Heyman is sitting down at a table, when The Undertaker comes in and sits down, you can't see him cause the room is almost pitch black. Heyman thanks him for agreeing to do this. Heyman says this isn't his idea it's Heidenreich. He says he knows how mad he must be with what Heidenreich did to him and tried to do at No Mercy. Heyman says it was all Heidenreich's idea, and he knows they've had their differences, but he's hoping to move past it. He hands Taker the contract who signs it. As Heyman grabs the contract back, TAKER GRABS HIM BY THE THE TROAT "He says he gave Heyman a pass with the Paul Bearer stuff, but don't think for one second he won't take him out. He says he won't cause he wants him to witness first hand what happens to those souls that look into the eyes of the dragon" He says this contract is for the execution of Heidenreich. Paul runs out of the room.

Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio
This is a blast until the ending, which it hasn't been since 2002. They finally get it right, kind of. Kurt easily outwrestles Rey and toys with him.Rey refuses to back down but so does Kurt who makes fun of him, so Rey stomps on his foot, they place the cat and mouse chase that ends up with Kurt being embarrassed. He goes to grab a chair but drops it. Kurt sucker punches Rey and goes into working the back, suplexes, throws, and boots. Rey's comeback is cool, it's the usual spots, senton, bulldog, he does for the springboard crossbody but Kurt ducks and the ref gets taken out. Jindrak comes out and takes the 619, and Luther hits a backbreaker. RVD comes out and takes out Luther and Jindrak with shitty kicks. In the ring, Kurt hits the Angle Slam on Rey, but Eddie comes out and attacks Kurt he hits the Frog Splash and throws Rey on top for the cover. The ref recovers and counts the three. **3/4

Backstage: Torrie Willson is getting ready when Kenzo busts into her locker room. Kenzo hits on her and calls her a cutie-pie.

Backstage: Eddie, Rey, RVD, Kurt, Luther, and Jindrak are all yelling in GM Long's office, he says he's sick of all of this so he books Team Kurt vs. Team Eddie at Survivor Series. It has to be 4 men, so both captains have 1 more person to pick.

Backstage: Josh Mathews is with Carlito and some LARGE MAN! Josh asks to do the interview alone, but the big guy snaps and drapes Josh up. Carlito introduces his friend Jesús. Carlito says if he as anything to say to him he can also say it to Jesús. Josh asks him if the rumors were true, that he too was at the club the night Cena got stabbed. Carlito says he doesn't like rumors, cause rumors aren't cool. He admits to being at the club that night, dancing with the ladies and that's when Cena showed up acting like a THUG! He say that's when he left, and that's when it must have happened. Carlito again says THUGS ARN'T COOL! and neither is he, so he spits the Apple in Josh's face.

Backstage: Show comes up to Eddie and asks him to make the right decision, he says he wants in on the Survivor Series match. He says he's not asking, he's demanding. Eddie toys with him before saying Show is in.

Backstage: Spike and Dudleyz go over to Kurt, Luther and, Jindrak. Spike offers one of them to join the team. Kurt says that's nice, but Eddie has the Big Show, he says if, and if they take out the Big Show a spot may just open on his team.

Tough Enough recap from earlier tonight.

Orlando Jordan (wJohn Bradshaw Layfield) vs. Booker T
18 MINUTES! AND 51 SECONDS!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Could you imagine the smoking crater that'd be left if 00s Orton was around for #Metoo shit?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2