WWE RAW 5th March 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I didn't mind Cena no selling Rock there for the pure fact that they could always make Rock do something that really makes Cena tick (whatever that would be) and finally get pissed off Cena with Rock there in his face the week before mania. Creative work from Rock tonight I thought with the history lessons. I also liked Cena's mic work as well thought they both did a great job putting over the feud and match.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Thought Rock killed it tonight.

Some great humour in pre-tapes which made perfect sense leading into his appearance in the ring where he cut a fine serious promo. Granted it wasn't amazing, but it was perfectly done as there was no catchphrases, no twitter hype or anything like that, just a simple point.

I just wish Cena would fuck off with the faces though, some higher ups really need to tell him about it. People complain about the feud not being serious or anything, then the one time Rock comes serious at him he's pulling goodball faces which is taking away the heat. I think CaptainxBumout is probably right in that he does is a nervous smile to hide that he's being rattled.

Glad they upped the ante now and pretty much came with some new material like I wanted.

I agree that Cena needs to stop the faces and I also want him to stop talking to the camera at the top of the ramp, it is like he is trying to joke around with the camera operator. You are right that The Rock was serious just like Cena wanted and then Cena went the comedic route again.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Overall, much better Raw than last week imo. I'm a little upset they aren't focusing much on the Punk/Jericho feud, and the WWE Championship match just seems like it's not important at all right now, which just furthers the fact Jericho has no chance in hell at winning that match. Even despite giving him the W tonight, they are not doing a good job establishing him as a legit contender to the championship.

Not sure how I feel about Shawn being involved in the Trips/Taker match. Seems a little overkill to me right now, but maybe it will end up playing a significant role in the aftermath of the match itself. Maybe not. Who knows.

I like where the Cody/Show feud is going probably more than anything. Definitely the most interesting feud imo.

The crowd in Boston honestly just sounded like they didn't give a flying fuck about the Rock/Cena match at all. 4 promos before they actually confronted each other may have been too much beating around the bush for them. I liked the first two "history lesson" promos by Rock, not so much the third or anything he said in the ring. I wasn't particularly moved by anything Cena said.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Okay I don't know how to say this but I just found out that Living Colour are an all black rock band. I never knew that.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The crowd in Boston honestly just sounded like they didn't give a flying fuck about the Rock/Cena match at all. 4 promos before they actually confronted each other may have been too much beating around the bush for them. I liked the first two "history lesson" promos by Rock, not so much the third or anything he said in the ring. I wasn't particularly moved by anything Cena said.

The crowd was weird tonight. They didn't seem to get the references Rock and Cena were making and when they couldn't figure out what they were supposed to do they just started with the old chants that we had heard before.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The crowd was weird tonight. They didn't seem to get the references Rock and Cena were making and when they couldn't figure out what they were supposed to do they just started with the old chants that we had heard before.
When Cena went for the cheap pop with his Boston University reference and the "keg stand" and it was met with dead silence, I was like, "WOW, okay this crowd is just NOT into any of this. At all."

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I didn't mind Cena no selling Rock there for the pure fact that they could always make Rock do something that really makes Cena tick (whatever that would be) and finally get pissed off Cena with Rock there in his face the week before mania. Creative work from Rock tonight I thought with the history lessons. I also liked Cena's mic work as well thought they both did a great job putting over the feud and match.
Is there such thing as making Cena tick though? The only time I remember him getting pissed recently was during the Punk feud where he fucking called him a sports team of all things.

He's talking about how this match means everything to him and what not, but he's just stood there during a serious confrontation with stupid grins on his face as if he's not taking the presumably main event of WrestleMania match serious. Like seriously, what the fuck?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Thought last weeks show was better myself but I did miss more parts of this week than I did last week.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
To me the crowd didn't seem dead. I saw them pop huge for HBK, HHH and Santino, actually give Daniel Bryan heat, laughed at The Rocks segments, chanted Tooth Fairy, and we're just overall listening to the end promo. They gave off some half assed chants but overall I thought it was a hot crowd for the segments that mattered.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Is there such thing as making Cena tick though? The only time I remember him getting pissed recently was during the Punk feud where he fucking called him a sports team of all things.

He's talking about how this match means everything to him and what not, but he's just stood there during a serious confrontation with stupid grins on his face as if he's not taking the presumably main event of WrestleMania match serious. Like seriously, what the fuck?
Wasn't such a thing as making Rock shook until last week so anything is possible. If they don't do what I think they might do then I'll have a good amount of issue with it.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
What kind a guy smiles when your opponent calls you a bitch?

A guy that doesn't take his opponent serious. I'd do the same to you if you called me that with your stupid posts. Then I'd kick your ass if you didn't walk away like your hero The Rock did.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
A guy that doesn't take his opponent serious. I'd do the same to you if you called me that with your stupid posts. Then I'd kick your ass if you didn't walk away like your hero The Rock did.

But Cena wanted The Rock to take things seriously and he did so why would Cena then smile when all he wants is a serious conversation with The Great One.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins

lol k, Cena done the same thing last week.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
B2 better come out next week and scream BOO YA after John lays the smack down on Dwayne's ass. Also Fozzy is getting bigger and bigger, so shut it haters.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
John wants it to be serious but The Rock just calls him a bitch over and over again. It's hard to take a guy serious when you keep calling him "Oh you will be my bitch". In the end this is all a work to get Cena more over so no need to get all upset about it.