WWE RAW 20th February 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Source: f4wonline.com

Wade Barrett suffered a serious arm injury catching Dolph Ziggler who was thrown over the top rope by Big Show during the main event Battle Royal on Raw.

You could see Barrett holding his right arm and furious immediately knowing he suffered a serious injury. An "X" was signaled and doctors rushed to the scene as the match went on. Making it worse, is that when Santino Marella was thrown over the top, he landed on Barrett's possibly broken arm. Ziggler was also hurt when his shoulder and arm crashed on the table and R-Truth needed help going to the back.

Kofi Kington was probably not hurt but when he was thrown out he had to change his trajectory to avoid Vickie Guerrero and had an ugly crash into the boards.

Cody Rhodes, who came into the match hurt from last night with a right thigh or hamstring injury, was limping badly and was hurt worse when he did a Disaster kick and the leg gave out. However he got up and had several more spots to do including play a hand in helping eliminate Show which allowed Jericho to win the match.

We'll update later tonight.

Oh no! Poor Wade. :( I hope the others will be fine. I don't know what Big Show was thinking. It looked like they all landed badly.

SAL

Reaction score
I'm writing up my Raw Review now. Bonus points if you can guess how many times I use "HHH" and "FUCK" in the same sentence!

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Going with 5, low I know.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

"Fuck anyone that says fuck HHH" is what I'm expecting

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'll guess 14.

Great RAW tonight btw.

AF.

Reaction score
Good stuff on RAW. Called the Hell in a Cell a few minutes into the HHH/Taker promo. I r genious.

Cena's promo. We need more of this Cena and will probably get this good side of Cena until WrestleMania.

Big Show is a fucking tart. Guy doesn't know his own strength and almost killed 3 wrestlers in a simple spot.

Eve's career could be ruined unless she goes heel. Perhaps a slut gimmick?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins

SAL

Reaction score
My shitty screengrab:

15mfvpv.jpg

It's absolutely Wade Barrett fault that he didn't catch a guy who was chucked at his head. R-Truth totally handled his 5% of the burden on this catch.

Seriously PSYCH?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
A blurry ass screen grab really? You work for Andy and Barney don't you?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
His freaking left arm is still at his hip when Dolph is in the air. Legs and ass landed dead in Truth's arms which were both out in the ready position. Dolph's upper half which Wade should have been ready to catch shifted and knocked Truth down because wade didn't cushion the blow. Wade left arm/elbow snaps as he raised it late thanks to Dolphs legs and his right arm is used to protect his own mug. Wade hits the mat and screams obscenities. Dolph gets faceplanted and Truth gets knocked on his ass because Wade didn't even grab or stop any of Dolph's weight. Wade even left a big ass open pocket between him and Truth instead of closing it like guys do to cushion dives which is another reason why he couldn't make the catch, as he was two full steps behind R-Truth, momentum took Dolph's top half faster from him not being in position like Truth, but because of where Wade was Dolph would have hit the floor head first anyhow if Truth didn't stagger.

wade-botches-a-catch-o.gif

Wade is green - sticking with it

SAL

Reaction score
You're just making up where Wade's arms are, because you can't tell from the video where they are. But regardless of where his arms are, Dolph got thrown at an angle where he was going to hit the table if Wade and Truth didn't stop him cold. They usually catch the guy and fall backwards. Blame them for setting up the spot near the announce table, and blame them for standing too far back, but there wasn't a thing Wade could do once Dolph got launched at his head.