WWE RAW 20th February 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE-RAW-LOGO.png

20120219_ec_undertaker_pkg_c.jpg

The Undertaker Delivers Another Message
It has been confirmed that The Undertaker will appear on RAW this week in person, rather than another video. What will happen this time when Undertaker confronts Tripl H again.

Jericho's Post-Chamber Silence
Chris Jericho had just eliminated Kofi Kingston and thrown him out of the chamber when Punk hit Jericho with a kick which knocked him out of the chamber and apparently knocked him out. WWE doctors determined that Jericho was unable to continue and so he was removed from the match. Later that night Josh Matthews promised us an interview with Jericho but at that time Jericho was still being evaluated by WWE doctors. Fast forward to the end of the PPV and there was no update and according to wwe.com they haven't been able to find Jericho. What will Jericho do on RAW tomorrow?

20120219_ec_rawchamber_punkwin_c2.jpg

Punk Defies The Odds
Before tonight only three champions had managed to retain their title inside the Elimination Chamber. Punk became the fourth and he also started the match so he outlasted every other competitor to retain his title. Who is next for Punk?

20120219_ec_johnl_promo_c.jpg

The Greatest Photo of All Time
Johnny Ace announced at the PPV that Teddy Long will go under the same review that he went through. He now wants to become the permanent GM of RAW AND Smackdown. Note that later in the night we also heard from Teddy Long and he likes the idea of becoming GM of both shows as well.

WWE-drupal-wm28-landing-v3-header.jpg

WrestleMania XXVIII
There is now only six weeks between now and WM28. Expect everything to focus on the PPV and hopefully the card will start to take shape over the coming weeks.
Be sure to join in the fun and participate in the RAW LIVE discussion. Discuss RAW as it happens with other members on WS.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Taker's return. Especially to see if he's bald still or he's grown his hair a little.

Jericho i'm expecting to open the show and demand to face Punk at Wrestlemania for the WWE Title.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I wonder how short his hair is, whether it is as short as he had it when he was the American Bad Ass or if it is a bit longer than that. Going to be weird to see him play the Deadman without the long hair.

Definitely see Jericho demanding a title shot at WM, he was never properly eliminated from the match so he would have the best claim.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Will be in here tomorrow, hope we see Taker there in person and not with a video package. The hair cutting thing is interesting.

Will it be like it was at WM20 though?
center%3E

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I'd imagine it'll be shorter than what his hair looked like at WM20.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Taker will be interesting, more focus on the Laurinitis vs Long stuff and Jericho possibly wanting a shot, could wait till next week for that though.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Is The Rock going to be on this show? I remember reading that he was announced for quite a few shows between now and WM28 so hopefully he is there this week.

An interesting idea was posted in the EC thread where we may see a multiman tag team match at WM with Long picking one team and Johnny Ace picking another to determine who becomes the GM for all of WWE. Do you think they will go that way with this feud?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Hoping for a good RAW. They have 6 weeks to build things up and we already know

Sheamus v. Bryan for WHC and Cena/Rock

Most likely it will be Tamina/Beth again and Jericho/Punk

I do want to see them build up for MITB and such like that. Looking forward to seeing Taker on RAW and seeing how they can progress towards Mania

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
We probably won't hear anything about the midcard matches for WM this week. The main focus will be HHH/Taker, sorting out Punk/Jericho and continuing Cena versus Rock. Hopefully they disclose a bit more about what will happen with the GM situation as well. Sheamus and Bryan should make an appearance as well.

I wonder what they will do with Santino on RAW. He had an amazing run in the Smackdown chamber tonight and they have to build on that somehow tonight.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Is The Rock going to be on this show? I remember reading that he was announced for quite a few shows between now and WM28 so hopefully he is there this week.

An interesting idea was posted in the EC thread where we may see a multiman tag team match at WM with Long picking one team and Johnny Ace picking another to determine who becomes the GM for all of WWE. Do you think they will go that way with this feud?

Don't think so, I'm pretty sure he'll be on every episode starting next week leading to Mania.

PY.

Reaction score
I don't get why people are so fixated on a MITB match at Wrestlemania. It was reported by the dirtsheets, but it really makes no sense in having a Wrestlemania MITB winner, and then there's the MITB PPV a few months later. I'm almost positive it's going to be Team Long vs. Team Johnny.

As far as Raw goes, I can see them doing something with Kane and Cena again for some reason.
Beth says she has no one left to beat, que Kharma returns.
Triple H accepts Taker's challenge (Taker says since Trips won't give him his match, he's retiring right now. Triple H is forced to accept.)
Jericho/Punk

Should be a good Raw if they have a couple decent matches.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Hopefully we get more group photos tonight. I can't wait to see ADR back on Raw. That will probably be the highlight for me.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Thanks for posting that, P1. I'll give it watch when I have some free time probably won't be until after Raw though.