WWE RAW 20th February 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
NOBODY WILL UNDERSTAND THAT SOME WRESTLERS WEAR MASKS
Welcome to Good Morning America with the 7 foot, 300lb freak in a red mask :shock:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'm gonna have to rewatch the toss to see give my full thoughts on it but all I know is never seen a match where so many people got fucked up in one match.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Eve looked hot again tonight, just like she did last week.

Looking at the yt vid, at first, she looks like Khloe Kardashian.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Apparantely Chioda tweeted that Kofi may have an injured knee? Botchamania will love this match.
Jericho I think flipped him out. The thing is he landed knee first on the steel steps

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Welcome to Good Morning America with the 7 foot, 300lb freak in a red mask :shock:
Weirder things have happened such as this.

[video=youtube;eK9wXaNPopE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK9wXaNPopE[/video]

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Source: f4wonline.com

Wade Barrett suffered a serious arm injury catching Dolph Ziggler who was thrown over the top rope by Big Show during the main event Battle Royal on Raw.

You could see Barrett holding his right arm and furious immediately knowing he suffered a serious injury. An "X" was signaled and doctors rushed to the scene as the match went on. Making it worse, is that when Santino Marella was thrown over the top, he landed on Barrett's possibly broken arm. Ziggler was also hurt when his shoulder and arm crashed on the table and R-Truth needed help going to the back.

Kofi Kington was probably not hurt but when he was thrown out he had to change his trajectory to avoid Vickie Guerrero and had an ugly crash into the boards.

Cody Rhodes, who came into the match hurt from last night with a right thigh or hamstring injury, was limping badly and was hurt worse when he did a Disaster kick and the leg gave out. However he got up and had several more spots to do including play a hand in helping eliminate Show which allowed Jericho to win the match.

We'll update later tonight.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'm gonna have to rewatch the toss to see give my full thoughts on it but all I know is never seen a match where so many people got fucked up in one match.
Worst case scenario, the 3 are out. That sucks but I bet guys like Christian, ADR, and Rey would steal their spots without hesitation at Mania. That was just fucked up luck and may have been fatigue from the chamber as most of the guys that got hurt went through it yesterday

SAL

Reaction score

Yes. The guy that the heroic Shaquille O'Neal will face. The guy who can give a great interview. Stories need bad guys, kids!

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Kofi Kington was probably not hurt but when he was thrown out he had to change his trajectory to avoid Vickie Guerrero and had an ugly crash into the boards.

I did notice that.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Overall very good Raw, definitely one of the best editions I've seen in ages.

A couple of things surprised me though, mainly Triple H and Chris Jericho being immediately penciled-in for their matches against Taker and Punk respectively. We all know these matches were inevitable, but I thought WWE would milk it a little longer, especially the Triple H/Taker match. I'm not complaining though, as that crowd tonight was saying everything I think most of us thought about that "rivalry" anyways, and they seriously needed to just get the fuck on with it.

Announcement of the Hell in a Cell match between Taker and Triple H was definitely the highlight of the night for me. It's been 13 years since a HIAC match took place at Mania. Last time the match ended in Taker and the Brood lynching Bossman (RIP). Hopefully this match has a better ending.

Cena's promos were excellent. Not usually a fan of the guy, don't really even like his promos most of the time, but the dude was on point tonight. The opening segment with Eve that bled through the opening credits into the first actual segment was a great touch, I really love it when they do that. Legit shock factor in play there, showing a pitiful woman being publicly humiliated and shunned by the crowd and left her crying into the first commercial break... powerful stuff there.

And I can't wait to see what Rock has for Cena next week, but I'm just going to predict right now that it will be nowhere near as good as what Cena delivered tonight. I'm sure it will be something along the lines of "I came back for the fans. You are fighting for people in the locker room, I am fighting for the fans. I'm the people's champion. Ha ha, get it? Yo mama. Jabroni." or something like that.

The one thing that irked me about the show was Teddy Long talking that big game backstage, saying the entire Smackdown roster makes Otunga look like garbage, gets to pick ANYONE on the Smackdown roster to wrestle him, and the guy he chooses ends up losing cleanly. Serious WTF moment there.

Hope everyone in the last match is okay, because it looked like Barrett, Ziggler, and Kofi all got dinged up a bit. I guess it's a good thing for Miz he wasn't in the ring when it all happened. It's bad enough the guy was single-handedly responsible for the terrible ratings at Survivor Series, but he doesn't need to get blamed for injuring three wrestlers in one match. Although I can't imagine things getting any worse for that poor bastard.

Very good show.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Terrible timing for all these injuries as well. Hopefully they will heal fast so they can build their matches for WM. Good time for Del Rio and Christian to come back

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yes. The guy that the heroic Shaquille O'Neal will face. The guy who can give a great interview. Stories need bad guys, kids!
Fuck you ... I want to see Captain Insaneo making the rounds

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Former WWE/WCW wrestler Perry Saturn was backstage at RAW, also spotted was former AWA star Greg Gagne.