WWE RAW 20th August 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Jericho/Ziggler was my favorite match, and I thought Sandow/Clay had some decent chemistry while reminding me of King Kong Bundy & Lanny Poffo(in good ways). Not a bad night from what I saw, as I missed the first hour.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
CM Punk ‏@CMPunk

I did it for Andy Kaufman.
:lol:

Anyways amazing promo work from both Cena and Punk always draw the best out of one another. Gonna be pretty interesting in a few weeks when Raw is in Punk's hometown

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Cena hit a homer.

I'm still shocked they didn't advertise the Sat morning show, unless if I missed it.

Liked crazy Kane, Cameron/Naomi, Mahal/Ryback, Jericho/Dolph (was a worse match but Jericho didnt go out kicking and screaming for once), and 6 man tag.

And where the hell was Rey?

Reaction score
Best parts about Raw:

-Daniel Bryan (This guy is the most entertaining part of Raw right now)
-Sheamus/Del Rio (I'm actually enjoying their feud since Summerslam. Del Rio keeps getting screwed)
-John Cena's segment (I'm usually not a John Cena fan but he did well last night)
-Brock/Heyman (Heyman is GOLD)

Worst parts:

-Divas, including the GM. Please stop skipping around...
-Jericho leaving :(
-Shawn Michaels' interview (it was too dramatic)

No offense to CM Punk fans but this guy is boring the hell out of me right now. The whole respect angle has been done before and it simply does not interest me. I heard about it every week in TNA when they had the Main Event Mafia angle. The difference is that the Main Event Mafia didn't whine and come off as insecure.

Last edited:

TKK

Reaction score
Decent show though there was nothing special about it. A few notes:

- Brock's booking has really confused me as of late.
- PTP or somebody need to take the belts from Kofi and Truth. They're doing absolutely nothing for the belts or the division.
- Cody Rhodes is the perfect guy to feud with Sin Cara until he can speak English. Cody is getting him over pretty well imo.
- I enjoyed Sheamus on commentary, is that weird? I found him pretty entertaining. The match was bullshit though, Del Rio should have went over.
- Ryback vs. Jinder Mahal? I don't think that there is any worse pairing for a feud in the WWE. Scratch that, in the world.
- I hate to be that guy, but Clay needs to lose some weight or get in better shape. His weight is such a hindrance to his matches.
- Otunga's back? Meh.
- Bryan's exit in the tag team match was hilarious. He is the focus of the show in my eyes, no matter who he's with.
- I don't see why the contract stip for Jericho and Ziggler wasn't used at SummerSlam, but whatever. Good to see Dolph win, it gives him some positive momentum. The match was good too.
- CM Punk could do so much more with the spotlight than the 'respect' bullshit, but it's still good. Cena and Punk work really well together as always, Cena was on fire tonight.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I don't see how you can say R-Boom are doing nothing for the tag division, then go onto suggest the PTP be the ones to take it from them. The only remotely interesting thing about the PTP was AW and him getting them heat, without him they're useless.

TKK

Reaction score
I don't see how you can say R-Boom are doing nothing for the tag division, then go onto suggest the PTP be the ones to take it from them. The only remotely interesting thing about the PTP was AW and him getting them heat, without him they're useless.

I can say that because I've been watching them before they were with AW. AW takes away time from Titus who is hilarious. If you watched their segments as a team before they went to SmackDown you would know why I think that. As wrestlers they suck ass, but so do Kofi and Truth as a team. Unfortunately, the tag team title scene at the moment doesn't have the talent to be wrestling based. Until they start using Kidd & Gabriel, Hawkins & Reks and Kings Of Wrestling as legitimate contenders the tag title scene won't have good wrestling. If I can't watch good tag team wrestling, I, at least, want to see people who can entertain me in other ways. Kofi and Truth can't do that.

[video=youtube;2wmKbZXE3GM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wmKbZXE3GM&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;2L7v8z53qYQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=2L7v8z53qYQ[/video]

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The one thing that got me when I was was watching Raw was the fact that WWE is producing real movies without WWE starring in them....Also, Otunga with Halle Berry?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'll tell you what that Cena promo was pretty great. Other highlights included for me: Bryan, Sandow, Heyman, and Ziggler getting the Win to retire Jericho again. Didn't care for the post match attack or Lawler being involved in another angle.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
A lot of AJ hate going on here. I'm not a huge fan, but you gotta admit that she's a HUGE improvement over cardboard cutouts like Adalmle and Laurinitis, who couldn't cut a promo to save their careers (and they proved it). Or *shutters* Michael Cole and that stupid Anonymous GM angle. Or how about the god awful and predictable voice of Vickie Guerrero? She's not the best, but still at least she has a character with a decent voice.

My thoughts on the show overall: It was okay, especially in recent months. The only real problems were Michael Cole, who is still an agony to listen to, and yet...another...CM Punk/Cena...feud. Seriously guys, that horse has been dead for a looong time. Oh, and to make matters worse, the only really great character they had (tweener Punk) was killed off so that they could keep their worst character (face Cena). Why can't Cena ever have a repackaging? He'd still suck, but at least it would be different!

Other than those few things, it was a good show. ADR and Orton put on a good match, Seeing Kane become a monster again brought a smile to my face like "Yes, this is it! There is going to be some carnage from here on out!" Or at least I hope so. Kane doesn't deserve to be yo-yo pushed (Thanks to whoever used that term earlier in the thread).

DashX

Reaction score
I don't know about this Raw, it felt like it dragged on a lot, maybe it being 3 hours is starting to wear on me. Also I wasn't a fan of the first half of Cena's promo the end was good too. Also any Raw that has Lawler getting beat up is a good Raw for me.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
These heels picking on Lawler thing got old like 5 years ago.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Best parts about Raw:

-Daniel Bryan (This guy is the most entertaining part of Raw right now)
-Sheamus/Del Rio (I'm actually enjoying their feud since Summerslam. Del Rio keeps getting screwed)
-John Cena's segment (I'm usually not a John Cena fan but he did well last night)
-Brock/Heyman (Heyman is GOLD)

Worst parts:

-Divas, including the GM. Please stop skipping around...
-Jericho leaving :(
-Shawn Michaels' interview (it was too dramatic)

No offense to CM Punk fans but this guy is boring the hell out of me right now. The whole respect angle has been done before and it simply does not interest me. I heard about it every week in TNA when they had the Main Event Mafia angle. The difference is that the Main Event Mafia didn't whine and come off as insecure.
Just cause the word respect is being used doesn't mean it's the same thing at all. It's totally different and no WWE champion has ever be in Punk situation to be champ that long but not get full recognition because the top storyline was non title stuff and the main guy responsible for it being the guy he is feuding with right now who was Punk's stepping stone into being in the position he's been in so kinda comes full circle. There taking a real situation and turning it into a storyline. Of course it's gonna come off as whining cause he comes off as more and more of a heel by the week without berating the crowd and letting them turn against him. It's actually a unique situation and storyline and a shame that you're not realizing it but to each their own.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I agree. Why doesn't anyone beat up Michael Cole?
*Replays Daniel Bryan choking Cole with his tie on Youtube*
Ha ha ha! That never gets old.
Cause that wouldn't get heat lol.