WWE RAW 18th July 2011 - LIVE Discussion *MITB PPV SPOILERS*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Back on track! Keeping Cena off TV would have been the brave thing to do, but once again a match stiplation means nothing, and the hard work done by Punk in the recent weeks is in danger of being undone.

You were expecting them to put the next 3 months of storyline on a man who doesn't work for them?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Back on track! Keeping Cena off TV would have been the brave thing to do, but once again a match stiplation means nothing, and the hard work done by Punk in the recent weeks is in danger of being undone.

This storyline has become better because of this new move. Like I said before in a company if the boss was making bad business decisions then they would fire him. That is what WWE did, replicate what happens in real life. The Board of Directors would never let the biggest earner go and so they changed owner. It makes perfect sense and makes RAW must watch yet again.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
??? Thankyou Vince chant to end the show. Odd crowd that turned quickly.

Next week we get Miz vs. Mysterio for the title.

Will we? HHH could change everything. First thing he needs to do is out the GM maybe even eliminate him all together. Miz vs. Mysterio still not buying that I mean who simply ignores the fact all together that it's not the legit title. Something will be done.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This is great I don't know how you can't like it. What a great twist and it makes so much sense because in a company a Board of Directors wouldn't let a boss fire the MVP. So they remove Vince and replace him with Triple H.

1. Why would they fire Vince now, after all he has done over the years, there has surely been worse than this, it is all kind of surden.

2. The storyline was focused on Cena and Punk, and now HHH has muscled in. If he wants to come back as a wrestler fine, but I don't want to see this.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
1. Why would they fire Vince now, after all he has done over the years, there has surely been worse than this, it is all kind of surden.

2. The storyline was focused on Cena and Punk, and now HHH has muscled in. If he wants to come back as a wrestler fine, but I don't want to see this.

Actually the storyline was more Punk Vince Punk left so now it's Vince's bad decisions regarding Punk the end of this storyline will see Punk return.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score

Keith respect your opinions but think you are in a large minority here. If Punk is indeed gone (for the time being) they needed a storyline. Triple H taking over is a large storyline. And the explanation of why made plenty of sense.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Keith...

HHH has been on the board for like 5-6 months... He's been doing everything creative. Vince doesn't really do much anymore and he's passed the torch to HHH. Therefore revealing it now was the best way to go. Summerslam is one of the big PPV's so...

Vince/HHH storyline can work with HHH picking Cena and Vince picking someone else to face him for the ownership and such. I have also heard that HHH is expected to wrestle at Summerslam so... HHH & Cena vs Vince's 2 picks... He could bring Jericho back or something...

I don't know but it can work and I'm looking forward to it

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
You were expecting them to put the next 3 months of storyline on a man who doesn't work for them?

Punk hasn't left thought yet, or at least no one knows for sure he has, and the point is, they should still sell what happened last night and the WWE Title no longer being on raw. What was the point in Cena putting his career on the line, if this was just going to happen twenty four hours later. Don't get me wrong I will give it and chance and see where it goes, but so far I don't like it.

Dademo

Reaction score
That was a pretty cool way to end Raw. I gotta say I'll tune in next week to watch. This storyline is the only reason I'm watching wrestling but it's heating up well.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well regardless of our views on this, tonights raw I think for most of us did feel like the calm after the storm, quite often happens. Will decuss the ending more tomorrow. Have a good night everyone.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
NWO storyline with Vince and Flair redone.

Pretty much or something like an Invasion angle.

Will we? HHH could change everything. First thing he needs to do is out the GM maybe even eliminate him all together. Miz vs. Mysterio still not buying that I mean who simply ignores the fact all together that it's not the legit title. Something will be done.

True he could change that but I don't expect that to happen. I do expect HHH to get rid of the GM and just have himself as the voice of the company. It is still a legit title, Trish won the Womens title in her last match and then the title was vacated. Triple H will bring in a newly designed title for this match.

1. HHH explained it in his promo. Vince has made some bad decisions LATELY and because of that they don't have faith in him running the company. He lost a star in Punk and then would have lost Cena as well because of the stipulation Vince agreed to.

2. The storyline was Vince as well and HHH has come in to replace Vince. I would much rather see this than HHH wrestling again.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Punk hasn't left thought yet, or at least no one knows for sure he has, and the point is, they should still sell what happened last night and the WWE Title no longer being on raw. What was the point in Cena putting his career on the line, if this was just going to happen twenty four hours later. Don't get me wrong I will give it and chance and see where it goes, but so far I don't like it.

But that was Vince's decision to allow Cena to put his career on the line and because of that WWE nearly lost their two biggest stars at the moment and the Board aren't happy. Plus Vince tried to screw them all over with another screwjob so again the Directors don't like it and have replaced Vince. It makes perfect sense because it is similar to what would happen in real life. If the Chairman makes crazy decisions that the rest of the Directors don't like then the majority vote to get rid of him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well regardless of our views on this, tonights raw I think for most of us did feel like the calm after the storm, quite often happens. Will decuss the ending more tomorrow. Have a good night everyone.

I thought that most of RAW was bland but the ending segment took this storyline to another great level and made it even better.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That was a pretty cool way to end Raw. I gotta say I'll tune in next week to watch. This storyline is the only reason I'm watching wrestling but it's heating up well.

This storyline has definitely made me want to catch RAW again next week to see where they go from here.