WWE Night of Champions 2013 LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Viper

Reaction score
FrmwZ1w.jpg

NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS 2013 LIVE DISCUSSION THREAD~!!

The one night in the WWE where every single championship in the WWE is defended (until there's another PPV where every title is defended and they don't even notice that they have a PPV specifically for every championship being defended). No excuses! This time, they HAVE to put the Intercontinental Title on the line on a PPV! You're welcome Curtis Axel. Who will be the champions' opponents? "Who's Next" to be bullied by Ryback in a pointless backstage segment that'll lead to nowhere? All of these questions will be answered at the 5th Annual NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS!!

---------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Man, I hate Kofi but I love that poster. So simple yet so effective.

Anyhow, it looks like we've got RVD vs. Del Rio for the WHC and honestly, I can't complain too much which is a shock considering my feelings towards RVD. He's looked pretty good since returning and I think a good story can be told with Del Rio attempting to counter RVD's wacky offense. If the match happens, I'd think Del Rio retains and gets closer to another run with Dolph.

Not sure if they'll pull the trigger on Bryan vs. Orton yet even though the title has to be defended. I feel they'll have him chase and be screwed out of the opportunity to wrestle Orton, who will instead face off against a hand-picked Corporate opponent. If the McMahon faction is smart, they'll book him against Sin Cara and his broken hand, since Orton won't even have to pin him to retain. :lol: Seriously though, if not Bryan, who?

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Ziggler maybe since he made the comments about Trips...I could see DB, Zigg, Show & Henry taking on the Corp/Shield

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That really is the sickest poster. My Q, why is he holding the IC Championship?
It's probably symbolic of him reaching to become the IC Champion again. Maybe he faces Curtis Axel at NOC. I hope not though.

Joey

Reaction score
I'm so pumped though. I feel like NOC is always a good show. And with the talent/storylines that WWE has going on right now, I could say its going to be fantastic.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
It's probably symbolic of him reaching to become the IC Champion again. Maybe he faces Curtis Axel at NOC. I hope not though.
Me neither, but I'm not worried. It's not like the poster always indicates who's going to be doing what on the card. Personally I'd like to see Kofi strive for the AAA Championship. Not the one in Mexico, the one you get for providing the best roadside assistance. :lol:

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
He's great at that he does a handstand on your hood and hops over to the side off the car with a spare tire on his foot then flips and by the time he lands the tire is on...it's truly amazing

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
He's great at that he does a handstand on your hood and hops over to the side off the car with a spare tire on his foot then flips and by the time he lands the tire is on...it's truly amazing
I knew the man was truly championship material. :lol:

I kind of envision him using a tire jack as a pogo stick as well.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
well yeah cuz his feet can't touch the tar ya know...then he hops on the hood and hits Flo with trouble in paradise and we all rejoice..

Sin Cara was up next but he ended up using steering wheels instead of tires...it was ugly

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Sin Cara was up next but he ended up using steering wheels instead of tires...it was ugly
Haha, I was going to suggest Sin Cara move on to something less strenuous like yard work for his future career, but then I saw him doing the old "step on the rake and hit yourself in the head with it" gag and realized he wouldn't even be able to do that.

Maybe a career as the guy that sits in the dunk tank at the carnival? Even if he botched the fall he'd be landing in water to soften the blow.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
he's such a nerd

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Updated the OP with the announced matches. How's everyone feeling about the card so far? I know there's only three confirmed matches, but they all have potential to be good to great. I'm sure Bryan/Orton is going to be a total shitstorm clusterfuck but I'm cool with some Attitude Era overbooking provided it goes somewhere. Can see Del Rio/RVD being good if they get about 12-15 minutes, but there's no way I see Del Rio dropping the belt. I'm still feeling Rey Mysterio is the feud-in-waiting for Del Rio, so perhaps we'll get a little hint of that after this PPV is done.

Meanwhile, Punk vs. Axel/Heyman would seem like Punk's best opportunity to get his hands on Heyman and exact revenge, though I'm not sure that will happen. For some reason I see this feud extending into Battleground and culminating with Punk/Lesnar II at HiaC (if Lesnar's contract permits it).

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I think WWE can throw ol' Brocky some more dough to work a few more dates.

The Viper

Reaction score
I unfortunately will not be participating in the LD this Sunday. Got an email from my internet provider that I need to lay off the streaming for a bit since it's costing us money (how, I don't know for certain) so if somehow, I'm able to miraculously find $60 and order the show, I will not be watching this show live.