• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
The seats I got ain't great, but I wasn't paying an extra $40 to sit 10 rows forward. Plus I made it up to myself by getting first row seats to the DG:USA iPPV the night before :D

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The seats I got ain't great, but I wasn't paying an extra $40 to sit 10 rows forward. Plus I made it up to myself by getting first row seats to the DG:USA iPPV the night before :D

THAT is more awesome than going to the HoF show buddy. Congrats!

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Honestly, the speed in which Edge got in legit pissed me off.

Jake the Snake, Macho Man, Miss Elizabeth, WAY overdue, but Edge gets in less than a year after retirement.

The only reason they do shit like this is because a lot of fans are kids who missed the best wrestling era ever so they will barely know who the hell old school wrestlers are. Gotta keep the attention of the children so let's add a guy in from the newer generation that most people know.

Weak.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Honestly, the speed in which Edge got in legit pissed me off.

Jake the Snake, Macho Man, Miss Elizabeth, WAY overdue, but Edge gets in less than a year after retirement.

The only reason they do shit like this is because a lot of fans are kids who missed the best wrestling era ever so they will barely know who the hell old school wrestlers are. Gotta keep the attention of the children so let's add a guy in from the newer generation that most people know.

Weak.

Pretty much how I feel. Nothing against Edge, but there's at least 20 people more deserving yet to go in.

W-olf

Reaction score
WWE Confirms Mike Tyson To HOF - Details

Credit EWN

(WWE) - The following was just posted on WWE.com:

Boxing legend and pop culture icon “Iron†Mike Tyson will be inducted into the WWE's 2012 Hall of Fame class on March 31 in Miami, WWE announced to major media markets throughout the nation Monday. Among the most decorated pugilists in history, Tyson established his place in WWE lore in 1998 when he served as a special “outside enforcer†for the WWE Championship main event of WrestleMania XIV between Shawn Michaels and “Stone Cold†Steve Austin.

Long before his appearance on The Grandest Stage of Them All, however, Tyson made his name in boxing, initially taking the sport by storm in the 1980s. Within the first two years of his professional career, Tyson amassed a 22-0 record, winning 21 of those contests by knockout.

In 1986, at age 20, “The Baddest Man on the Planet†captured the World Boxing Council title to become the youngest heavyweight champion in history – a distinction that stands today. The very next year he became the sport’s first Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion, winning the top prizes in both the World Boxing Association and the International Boxing Federation.

Tyson’s first foray into sports-entertainment – a memorable appearance on Raw in January 1998 – produced one of the most indelibly chaotic scenes in WWE's history, as an icy staredown with “Stone Cold†Steve Austin dissolved into a wild pull-apart brawl. Often credited with ushering in WWE’s Attitude Era, that incident led to Tyson’s involvement in the WrestleMania XIV main event between Austin and then-champion Shawn Michaels.

Although all signs heading into the championship bout suggested Tyson would align with Michaels, the boxing great defied expectations, counting the pinfall that made Austin a WWE Champion for the first time. When Michaels disputed the decision, “Iron Mike†floored The Showstopper with a knockout right.

Upon his return to WWE in January 2010 as a special guest on Raw, Tyson officially competed for the first time in a WWE ring. Teaming with Chris Jericho against Michaels and his D-Generation X cohort, Triple H, Tyson surprised his teammate and revealed himself as an honorary member of DX. That night, it was Jericho who wound up on the wrong end of Tyson’s staggering punching power.

In recent years, “The Baddest Man on the Planet†has emerged as a looming figure away from the squared circle, performing scene-stealing cameos in The Hangover series in addition to running a clothing line and starring in a gaming app.

The WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place on March 31, the eve of WrestleMania XXVIII, at the American Airlines Arena. Alongside Tyson, WWE legends Edge, The Four Horsemen and Mil Mascaras have already been announced as inductees.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: WWE Confirms Mike Tyson To HOF - Details

so I get to witness IRON MIKE TYSON live in person? Awesome.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Random thought: Why the fuck is Cyndi Lauper not in the celebrity wing yet?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Because they'd have to show clips of Wendi Richter and she's not that popular around WWE?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Because they'd have to show clips of Wendi Richter and she's not that popular around WWE?

Even she went in a few years ago though.

It seems weird that one of the major celebrity figures of the Rock & Wrestling era that kicked started WM itself has been ignored so long.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Even she went in a few years ago though.

It seems weird that one of the major celebrity figures of the Rock & Wrestling era that kicked started WM itself has been ignored so long.

Wow, I forgot Richter was in there, so yeah, that can't be the reason. Lauper is a big omission for sure, perhaps they asked her and she refused? I'm sure celebrities can refuse entry if they don't want to be associated with the product.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

She's one of the few celebrities I've always said should be in there if they are going to put them in. They are a very VERY small list that I would accept and she's one.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Considering cyndi lauper was in the first wrestlemania and wendi richter came out to "girls just wanna have fun" then yeah cyndi deserves to be in the HOF

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Considering cyndi lauper was in the first wrestlemania and wendi richter came out to "girls just wanna have fun" then yeah cyndi deserves to be in the HOF

I've already mentioned before that I'm sure its up to the celebrity to decide whether they want to go in or not (if asked). Perhaps she doesn't want to go in.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I've already mentioned before that I'm sure its up to the celebrity to decide whether they want to go in or not (if asked). Perhaps she doesn't want to go in.

The ultimate warrior said he was offered a spot but chose not to and Randy savage said the only way that he goes in is if his entire family goes in but since his family never really amounted to anything in the wrestling world so...

there is expected to only be two more people going in this year. Yokozuna inducted by Dwayne Johnson and Faarooq (Ron Simmons) inducted by JBL

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I really believe The Undertaker or Bret Hart should induct Yokozuna in the HOF. I know The Rock was his cousin and obviously they need him to have some publicity for WM the night after, but those two were his biggest rivals. Hart would make the most sense.