WWE General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
Re: WWE Tidbits, Rumours & General Discussion

Well then...

Sounds like bullshit. Just another site throwing out random guesses at what could happen for 'Mania 29.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

I'm with Castiel. There's no way they could even have the slightest idea what will headline 'Mania. At least not ALL THREE marquee matches.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Sounds like bullshit. Just another site throwing out random guesses at what could happen for 'Mania 29.

It's not random guesses. Most of the things the sites says comes true.

I'm with Castiel. There's no way they could even have the slightest idea what will headline 'Mania. At least not ALL THREE marquee matches.

WrestleMania is the biggest PPV of the year. wwe plans it a year in advance.

The Viper

Reaction score

I can see where you're coming from if it was just ONE match like last year. But now they're already looking to the future with THREE matches? Especially one with Austin, you never know if it'll happen or not until at least the Rumble. I can see Brock/Rock, though.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I'd think theyd save John Cena vs the undertaker for WrestleMania 30.

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com

I don't see the Undertaker making it that far, to be honest. He's barely made it this far lol.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I don't see the Undertaker making it that far, to be honest. He's barely made it this far lol.

I've been contemplating this a lot. Remember before WM 27, Triple H said that the streak is the only thing that undertaker has left. He said when the streak dies undertaker dies. After thinking a while, I eealized he's absolutely right. So many veterans say they have nothing left to prove. Well the streak is always there. Some people say he's 20-0 he doesn't have to prove anything else. I say wrong. He always has to prove that he still has what it takes to win WrestleMania one more time. Doesn't matter how many times he's won, he always has to prove he can win one more. The fact that he always returns for his WrestleMania match shows how important it is to him. When the steak goes undertaker goes. As long as the streak is alive, undertaker will keep defending it.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

I figure Vince, Trips, and Steph paid a visit to his office to let them know what they had in mind for the next Mania down to a tee, huh? Get real. At best some writer may have been talking to his pal about what would be cool to see and then he went and blabbed to the dirt sheets.

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com

I've been contemplating this a lot. Remember before WM 27, Triple H said that the streak is the only thing that undertaker has left. He said when the streak dies undertaker dies. After thinking a while, I eealized he's absolutely right. So many veterans say they have nothing left to prove. Well the streak is always there. Some people say he's 20-0 he doesn't have to prove anything else. I say wrong. He always has to prove that he still has what it takes to win WrestleMania one more time. Doesn't matter how many times he's won, he always has to prove he can win one more. The fact that he always returns for his WrestleMania match shows how important it is to him. When the steak goes undertaker goes. As long as the streak is alive, undertaker will keep defending it.

Putting possible stories and booking philosophies to the side, I'm more concerned with whether or not Mark, health-wise, can even make it to WM 30. If you recall, he barely made it to WM 27, and barely made it out. And while he seemed to be in much better health this year, it's clear that his days are short at this point. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him put the streak on the line for the next 10 'Manias lol.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Putting possible stories and booking philosophies to the side, I'm more concerned with whether or not Mark, health-wise, can even make it to WM 30. If you recall, he barely made it to WM 27, and barely made it out. And while he seemed to be in much better health this year, it's clear that his days are short at this point. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him put the streak on the line for the next 10 'Manias lol.

Him not walking out of 27 was part of a storyline

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com

I'm not talking kayfabe here. I know he sold the hell out of that. However, he was nursing injuries leading into that match, and it was a brutal match. Just about every match he had between WM 26 and 27, he was getting injured or re-injured, so while he may have sold it extraordinarily well, there was some truth to it. Why do you think the Undertaker didn't have a single match between 27 and 28? Because he's old, injuries easily, and recovers slowly now. I wouldn't at all be shocked if he didn't have another match between 28 and 29 either, if he gets there.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

I'm not talking kayfabe here. I know he sold the hell out of that. However, he was nursing injuries leading into that match, and it was a brutal match. Just about every match he had between WM 26 and 27, he was getting injured or re-injured, so while he may have sold it extraordinarily well, there was some truth to it. Why do you think the Undertaker didn't have a single match between 27 and 28? Because he's old, injuries easily, and recovers slowly now. I wouldn't at all be shocked if he didn't have another match between 28 and 29 either, if he gets there.
At this point I believe its pretty well understood that he'll only be working 'Mania if he continues to wrestle at all.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
He should retire....plain and simple...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I think at this point WWE only wants him to work WrestleMania because it shows how important the streak is. And besides, he might work a few matches before 29 because he seemed much healthier at 28