WWE General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

W-olf

Reaction score
Re: WWE Tidbits, Rumours & General Discussion

EWN

CM Punk recently spoke to the Chicago Tribune about his relationship with Vince McMahon. Here is what he had to say…

"(We) have a lot more one-on-one conversations. I won't say he takes the time to talk to me now, because he always did, but I think he views me differently now. He used to view me as maybe talking to a boy. Now he thinks he's talking to a man after I stood up and did everything I did over the summer. I always thought I was a main event player. The difference is now he knows I'm a main event player."

W-olf

Reaction score

EWN

- Ted DiBiase and Rosa Mendes will be signing autographs at Walmart at 19501 NW 27th Ave in Miami Gardens, FL in a couple of hours at 6 pm. The event is open to the first 300 attendees.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I

Both F4WOnline.com and PWInsider.com are reporting that Brock Lesnar is in negotiations with WWE to make a surprise appearance at Sunday’s WrestleMania XXVIII pay-per-view event at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Florida. Negotiations are ongoing, but a source within the company says that there is a 50-50 chance that Lesnar will appear on the show.

The source went on to state that WWE wants Lesnar to appear and is hoping that a deal can be finalized within the next 24 hours.

Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White confirmed to F4WOnline.com that Lesnar is legally able to appear at WrestleMania on Sunday since he is no longer under contract to the organization. White was not aware if Lesnar was appearing on the show.

Lesnar left WWE in March 2004 to pursue a career in the National Football League, which was short-lived. Following a brief fling in New Japan Wrestling, he stepped away from the professional wrestling industry entirely in 2006 to pursue a career in mixed martial arts. He captured the UFC Heavyweight Championship from Randy Couture on November 15, 2008, then avenged his loss to Mir at UFC 100 to become the Undisputed Champion. He lost the strap two years later to Cain Velasquez at UFC 121. Lesnar announced his intentions to retire from mixed martial arts following a subsequent loss to Alistair Overeem in December, which prompted speculation of a return to WWE.

A writer for the Associated Press stated in his article on Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson that if WWE wants to squeeze another potential blockbuster buy rate out of The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment, the last man standing to get the headline match would be Lesnar.

“I’m not saying a thing,” said a laughing, grinning Johnson with his eyebrow raised after being asked about the possible encounter. “I didn’t say anything.”

Source: http://www.wrestling-edge.com/wwe-news-rumors/brock-lesnar-negotiating-wwe-wrestlemania-28.html

Wow this is big. Lesnar has feuded with both Rock and Cena and if you ask me he was one the guys who made Cena better and obviously Rock was one of the guys who made Lesnar better.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Oh great another one that left wwe when he was at the top.

The Viper

Reaction score
Oh great another one that left wwe when he was at the top.

You were, like, 2 years old when he left. Just sit there and enjoy this shit.

HERE COMES THE PAIN, BABY!!!!!!!

Sabretooth

Reaction score

You were, like, 2 years old when he left. Just sit there and enjoy this shit.

HERE COMES THE PAIN, BABY!!!!!!!

I was 6 when he left but I wasn't watching at that time. And just because I didn't watch it when he was wrestling doesn't mean that I havnt seen his matches. He was at the top and left just like another certain someone.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

You gotta understand Vips, that sometimes the thing that you're doing isn't in you. Lesnar, and I'm assuming Rock is who you're talking about, had other dreams they wanted to fulfill and pursued them. Neither of them actually left the WWE hanging, they gave notice of their departure and peacefully left because they weren't trying to screw WWE, they were just trying to live out a career that seemed more fruitful to them.

I'd compare it to my sophomore year in high school. I played baseball all my life and when I was a freshman I was a starting 1st baseman on my school's varsity baseball team. By the end of my sophomore year though, things got to the point where I wanted to explore things besides baseball because it was becoming too maticulous and I wanted to know if there were any opportunities in other sports, so I didn't play baseball as a junior, but I let my coach know at the end of my sophomore year so that he wouldn't be left without a prepared first baseman, and in my junior year, I ran track instead. I tried it out, and I liked it, but I knew my place was in baseball and wanted to help my team again, so I returned by senior year, split time at 1st base with my replacement for a little while, but eventually became the full fledged starter halfway through the season.

And at the end of it all I still got a full ride scholarship to Sam Houston State. So it all worked out for the better.

When you're just not committed to what you're doing, it's best to leave because unless you do, your performance will suffer. If Lesnar would have been working the past 8 years, entirely uninspired, we wouldn't appreciate him for what he was from 2002-2004 and would have probably come to resent him for being a crappy (at least crappier) performer.

W-olf

Reaction score

EWN

More WrestleMania Set & HIAC Pics Leaked, Sharmell

By Ryan Clark on April 1, 2012

Partial Source: Pwinsider

– Two more new images of the WrestleMania 28 set have been leaked online. These new pics show the stage setup as well as the full Hell in a Cell cage. If you’re interested, you can click here to view the new set photos.

– Former WWE Diva Sharmell is on hand for the weekend WrestleMania festivities. She also attended the WrestleMania Premiere Party on Thursday with her husband, WWE announcer Booker T.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I

I like how Viper completely contradicts what he said in the Lesnar thread.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion 02/04/12

- NOLA.com reports that a man died after watching WrestleMania 28. The man was reportedly choked out by his 14 year old cousin and pronounced dead at 10:39pm local time.

From NOLA.com:

"According to St. Charles Parish Sheriff Greg Champagne, Arceneaux had gathered with friends at a home on Murray Hill Drive to watch the pay-per-view event "Wrestlemania 28" on television when he and a 14-year-old cousin began to wrestle on an inflated mattress on the floor. The juvenile, who is 5 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs 110 pounds, placed his arm around the neck of Arceneaux, who was 5 feet, 10 inches tall and weighed 220 pounds, in a move commonly known as a "rear naked choke hold" for 30 to 40 seconds.

Witnesses reported that Arceneaux said he would not give up or "tap out."

But at some point, someone noticed that Arceneaux was turning blue and told the youngster to release the hold. When he did, witnesses realized that Arceneaux had stopped breathing and dialed 911, shortly after 10 p.m.

Arceneaux's girlfriend tried to revive him with CPR. He was transported to St. Charles Parish Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Champagne said the investigation is continuing. No arrests have been made."

credit to pwpix.net

Isn't it nice to see people get into the WrestleMania spirit.

But seriously my condolences to his family and friends. What a horrible way to go. Poor guy. I'm sure his cousin feels really bad.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score

credit to pwpix.net

Isn't it nice to see people get into the WrestleMania spirit.

But seriously my condolences to his family and friends. What a horrible way to go. Poor guy. I'm sure his cousin feels really bad.

My condolences and all, but Christ. Why the fuck wouldn't he tap out? If it's good enough for Jericho it's good enough for him.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

My condolences and all, but Christ. Why the fuck wouldn't he tap out? If it's good enough for Jericho it's good enough for him.

Apparently not looking like a wimp is more important than his life. Apparently the cousin couldn't figure out something was wrong when the guys body was limp. It amazes me how stupid some people are.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

It amazes me how stupid some people are.

Congratulations, with this quote you once again made it into my sig.

Reactions: 1 person

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Thanks a lot that's really insulting.

Huh? You should consider it an honour to make it into my sig. I only put my personal favourite posts in there.