WWE General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: WWE Tidbits, Rumours & General Discussion

Man, even as far back as WM22 WWE were making excuses for Cena.

"This is a traditional wrestling crowd", "A lot of old school fans here", "It's old school vs. new school".

I mean seriously, they've been making excuses and saying "oh geez you guyz is entitled to boo me if you want" for SIX years now, and still people boo the fuck out of him some nights. When will WWE accept there's something wrong with the John Cena character?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

"This is a traditional wrestling crowd", "A lot of old school fans here", "It's old school vs. new school".

I mean seriously, they've been making excuses and saying "oh geez you guyz is entitled to boo me if you want" for SIX years now, and still people boo the fuck out of him some nights. When will WWE accept there's something wrong with the John Cena character?

Probably around the time he stops making them $100 million a year in merchandise sales.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

That's a very good question. I wish I knew the answer.

Probably around the time he stops making them $100 million a year in merchandise sales.
I imagine a genius booker like McMahon is supposed to be can find a way to fix the John Cena character without losing his merchandize sales.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

That's a very good question. I wish I knew the answer.

I imagine a genius booker like McMahon is supposed to be can find a way to fix the John Cena character without losing his merchandize sales.

Yeah I don't think Mr McMahon is stupid considering he turned "a bunch of gay men rolling around in their underwear" into a global empire

W-olf

Reaction score

-- According to CTPost.com, James Dewayne Bass, also known as Kelly Monique, 34, of Prospect, TN has been extradited to Stamford, CT. Bass is charged with first-degree larceny and four counts of second-degree forgery after making 111 withdrawals in the fall of 2011. Bass has gained control of the WWE account by obtaining routing and account numbers of the WWE checking account. Bass stole over $50,000 from WWE, and was already on probation for an identity theft conviction in Tennessee.

-- As we reported earlier, a match featuring a team of Superstars representing each brands GM will take place at WrestleMania. At least some of the participants for that match are expected to be announced on Monday's Raw from Cleveland.

-- As a reminder, The Rock is currently scheduled for all of the RAW shows leading up to WrestleMania 28. He'll also appear on the post-WrestleMania RAW.
- LocalBozo.com conducted an interview with Edge promoting WWE Studios' latest release – Bending the Rules. The Rated-R Superstar provided insight into his current state of contentment in retirement, his induction into the WWE Hall of Fame and speech, whether he considers himself an actor now, whether he'll work with WWE again and more.

-- WWE.com has published a photo gallery of WrestleMania VIII, which featured Ric Flair defending the WWE Championship against "Macho Man" Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan going toe-to-toe with Sid Justice.

-- WWE is hoping that Sin Cara will be back by late June to early July. Obviously, this means he won't be available for WrestleMania as they initially hoped.

-- The Rock recently bought a mansion that Vanilla Ice is currently fixing up on his DIY Network show.

EWN

Reactions: 1 person

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

I was just watcihng Vanilla Ice's DIY show the other day. I may just watch it again if Rock makes a cameo appearance at all.

Also, I'll be interested to see that WrestleMania VIII gallery..

W-olf

Reaction score

EWN

Alex Riley has hinted on Twitter that Teddy Long could compete at Wrestlemania 28 in some fashion. He wrote: "I love what Teddy Long has been doin, wish him the best at WrestleMania.. #RileyOnTeamLong"

-- A video has been released that advertises both The Miz's appearance on Psych on March 14 and actor James Roday's appearance on RAW Monday night.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score

credit EWN
Before she signed with WWE, WWE Diva Maxine had a very different career. Maxine (real name Carly Perez) studied criminology in college and was working for a state attorney when she made the decision to change careers and got into wrestling. At the time she made the change, she had no prior experience in pro wrestling or acting, but she felt that it came naturally to her.

Seriously, I watched Rosa at the show I went to last night (it's 4am Saturday morning now) and I was thinking 'holy shit, I can egg on the crowd and cheer for whoever my wrestler(s) is/are.'

It's people like Rosa who make you realize you don't need to be anything special to get into the business as a valet. All she did was piss off the crowd and boo when Primo or Epico were getting beat down.

This has nothing to do with Maxine, the paragraph you posted made me think of it because Maxine basically walked in with 0 experience, though she actually wrestles, so that's awesome, but people like Rosa, wow, could I be just as useless? Yes, yes I can.

W-olf

Reaction score

EWN

Here is the synopsis for the April content that will appear on WWE Classics OnDemand… "All April, go "Over the Top" with WWE Classics On Demand as unusual Superstars and out of the ordinary matches are featured."

Lilian Garcia appeared at Planet Hollywood in Times Square on Wednesday, promoting her latest music video.

-- WWE developmental talent Seth Rollins defeated Drew McIntyre at Saturday's hose show in East Lansing, Michigan. Rollins previously toured with the main roster in December, defeating Tyson Kidd in three show matches.

-- Mick Foley posted the following on Twitter in regards to him disliking the current angle with Eve. Foley feels that the angle sends a mixed message, due to the fact that it goes against their involvement with "BE A STAR," and John Cena's motto of "Rise Above The Hate."

"Not everyone agreed with my comments, but from time to time I feel like a should add my voice to certain subjects," he tweeted.

Shawn Michaels recently posted about his visit to the WWE Legends house. Here is what he had to say…

At the airport headed to LA to visit/fish w/ the "Legends House". I'm a bit scared:)Truthfully, I can't wait to see them all. Will be fun!

So far the "Legends House" has been eventful...and we're just now getting on the water!! Hope y'all are having great day:)

Having dinner with the "Legends" tonite...needless to say we're having fish. Word is, a couple are quite good cooks!! It's been a great day.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Alex Riley has hinted on Twitter that Teddy Long could compete at Wrestlemania 28 in some fashion. He wrote: "I love what Teddy Long has been doin, wish him the best at WrestleMania.. #RileyOnTeamLong"

LOL that's selective reading at it's best. Riley wished Teddy luck, and showed his support for team Long, that DOESN'T hint at Long competing in the slightest.

W-olf

Reaction score

I know right , Its crazy what these places refer to as "news" I just post it for others to see that would miss it or might miss it had it not be available.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

#TeamRiley

He should be involved at WM in some fashion. He is awesome in the ring.

W-olf

Reaction score

EWN
WWELivetour.com is advertising Brodus Clay for tonight's Raw. Clay has not been on WWE TV since January 30th.

-- WWE.com has posted a new WrestleMania XI photo gallery.

-- As we noted over the weekend, WWE officials are said to be very impressed with the Dolph Ziggler hosted WWE Download show. The show features Ziggler making fun of various YouTube videos.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Watching WM24, just noticed Michael Tarver as a member of Mayweather's entourage.

He's now randomly appearing at different places in time :eek:

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ

Watching WM24, just noticed Michael Tarver as a member of Mayweather's entourage.

He's now randomly appearing at different places in time :eek:

They showed part of Mayweather/Show during the Celebrity Legends Roundtable episode and I saw him and was like WTF it's Tarver. :lol: