WWE General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Re: WWE Tidbits & Rumours Thread

The streak is more important than micks career
This one statement may make me hate the streak more than I ever have. The streak is a booked series of wins at a PPV. No where near as important as Mick Foley's entire body of work and the legacy he's created.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

But tell me why you hate the streak

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Is it because it's been going on for so long and wwe is probably not gonna put a young guy over the undertaker

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Is it because it's been going on for so long and wwe is probably not gonna put a young guy over the undertaker
That's long and short of it. I also added another reason to the unpopular opinion thread.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Can you tell me the reason now please

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

The Viper

Reaction score

Choosing to book Undertaker's streak to a close isn't fucking up a big situation. Here we are near 2012 and Undertaker hasn't been seen since last Wrestlemania. There's nothing WWE could do to make his match, whatever match he'll be in, seem in anyway big. Especially if we go with the notion he has to win. Yawn.

For the record I wouldn't go with any one of those options. I'd go with a classic; Undertaker came so close to achieving his goal of 20 straight wins but got stopped by a rising up and comer. Undertaker passes the torch to the new blood. Forging a path for a new generation of talent to continue in his legacy and possibly surpass him. That's just me.

Eh. I'm not a fan of the streak either and I agree with your way but......idk. I guess closing it isn't a bad decision.

Kushikimi

Reaction score

I always thought that the perfect moment to end the streak was back when Orton was rising with the "Legend Killer" gimmick... Taker lose in Wrestlemania, the "Legend" got Killed by "The Legend Killer", Orton is set... Taker takes his time away, Orton brags about it and it all ends in a Hell in a Cell Match.

We all know how that story went.... and Orton got set anyways so...

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

The streak is more important than micks career

Normally I don't sink down to your level of stupidity but I couldn't resist popping in and saying you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. To put a fake "streak" over the measured importance of an actual worker is the silliest thing you've come up with yet. Go back to Foley's early work in WCW with Kevin Sullivan and you'll see the template for every WCW/ECW/WWE garbage hardcore match born in their feud with the Nasty Boys. Not enough? Go to ECW and watch Foley redefine the art of the promo with "Cane Dewey". Want more? Go to WWF and watch Foley help legitimize The Undertaker in matches like the Boiler Room Brawl while also managing to put on an instant classic with HBK regardless of their totally different styles. Oh yeah, and that dude that raises the eyebrow and makes the fans go crazy? Foley basically made him too, so until you actually know what you are talking about, I'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from making pathetic statements like the one above.

Thank you and good night.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ

Normally I don't sink down to your level of stupidity but I couldn't resist popping in and saying you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. To put a fake "streak" over the measured importance of an actual worker is the silliest thing you've come up with yet. Go back to Foley's early work in WCW with Kevin Sullivan and you'll see the template for every WCW/ECW/WWE garbage hardcore match born in their feud with the Nasty Boys. Not enough? Go to ECW and watch Foley redefine the art of the promo with "Cane Dewey". Want more? Go to WWF and watch Foley help legitimize The Undertaker in matches like the Boiler Room Brawl while also managing to put on an instant classic with HBK regardless of their totally different styles. Oh yeah, and that dude that raises the eyebrow and makes the fans go crazy? Foley basically made him too, so until you actually know what you are talking about, I'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from making pathetic statements like the one above.

Thank you and good night.

For truth.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Oh thanks for calling me stupid. I meant the streak was more important than micks retirement match not his whole career

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Oh thanks for calling me stupid. I meant the streak was more important than micks retirement match not his whole career

Then you should have worded it like that.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Even that statement needs to be addressed. If Undertaker loses, he still has a decade of legacy. One loss isn't more imortant than Foley hanging up his boots and passing the torch. Which BTW is why I brought it up, I think he should lose at 'Mania, pass the torch and retire.

And I tots agree Orton should have ended it at 21.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Kushikimi

Reaction score

In other things... I've read that the WWE is planning on inducting Carlos Colón to the Hall of Fame in 2012.... Carlos is the father of Carlito, Primo and the uncle of Epico and in Puerto Rico he's considered the biggest wrestler ever (not my opinion).

He also has a very good business relationship with WWE as he promotes the shows they give in Puerto Rico and everything they do in the Dominican Republic.

Toughts on it?

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Wouldn't be against it by any means. Dunno if it would be Carlos in 2012 though, they already have Mil Masceras going in this year, that may be it for the latin-american demographic this year.