WWE Extreme Rules 2012 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Re: WWE Extreme Rules Preview & Live Discussion Thread

I agree with EC on the not taking the title off him but I think hes an awesome babyface and champion

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

I agree with EC on the not taking the title off him but I think hes an awesome babyface and champion

I'll hold off on the awesome champion talk until he's had the belt for more than two weeks. Since being the champ he's lost to ADR, kicked the crap out of both a referee and a ring announcer and tagged with Mean Gene Okerlund. I never thought I'd say this but I really think Orton needs that belt back ASAP!

Just kidding, I think Sheamus deserves a shot to run with the belt as a face champ for awhile, I just hope that the backlash over the stupidity at 'Mania doesn't continue to haunt him. I also hope they don't do something completely idiotic at ER like give him another quick win in the first fall.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I also hope they don't do something completely idiotic at ER like give him another quick win in the first fall.

:whistle:

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

Sheamus is atrocious as face. I said it in my first post, but I'd like to clarify that I have zero faith in Sheamus making something enjoyable out of this reign as a face. His arsenal, look, theme, nationality, speech patterns... all scream heel. He's a barbaric mammoth and the way I see it, after his first WWE title win, there was no heel better than him. Since becoming face he has been extreme underwhelming and turned me from a huge supporter of him to one of his most hated critics. Of course WWE would blow a shot at having a fearless heel on top, and continue on in their never ending cycle of loud mouth, cowardly, dirty heels. Since he first turned he's been on a downward spiral, littered with useless matches leading into what I saw as a luck luster, non-exciting Royal Rumble win, and another two months of throwaway matches before a one week feud with the man he'd face at 'Mania, a match he'd go on to win in under 20 seconds (not helping his legitimacy as much as WWE might have thought it would) and now we get two weeks of flopping around, with the most putrid booking of a World Champion I've ever seen in all my days, making him look like freaking Chavo Guerrero with all these embarassing foils... I want a heel champion, and I want a heel Sheamus. And for Christ's sake, keep him looking legitimatey intimidating.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Sometimes you have to realize it's not the wrestlers fault. He didn't choose to be booked like this. Under the circumstances, he's doing a terrific job. His look says babyface because he looks kind of like a nerd with the hair and skin and smile. He looks like a nice guy. His arsenal, people enjoy seeing him kick his opponents head off. His theme is fun to sing along to. Not sure how is nationality matters. People think his Irish accent is funny. He destroys people but doesn't try to kill them. He comes out there as a proud Irish world champion and defends it with honor.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

Sometimes you have to realize it's not the wrestlers fault. He didn't choose to be booked like this. Under the circumstances, he's doing a terrific job. His look says babyface because he looks kind of like a nerd with the hair and skin and smile. He looks like a nice guy. His arsenal, people enjoy seeing him kick his opponents head off. His theme is fun to sing along to. Not sure how is nationality matters. People think his Irish accent is funny. He destroys people but doesn't try to kill them. He comes out there as a proud Irish world champion and defends it with honor.

I didn't say Sheamus has done a bad job at being a babyface, I said Sheamus as a babyface has been bad. Not his fault by any means, but that doesn't mean he's still not a terrible face in my eyes. And anyways, he's not intended to look nerdy, he's supposed to be a celtic warrior, which he looks great at being, but only when he's heel. People do like seeing his Brogue Kick, sure, but they were astounded when he brutalized Triple H at Extreme Rules 2010 (what I consider the high point of his career) and that alone shows me that his approach to wrestling is better fit for a bad guy. His nationality matters also, because it's easy for us Americans to boo people from other countries. We've shown through guys like Bret Hart and Rey Mysterio that we can support foreigners, but through the generations, from Killer Khan all the way to Iron Sheik to Primo and Epico, we've proven we can have an angry bloodlust towards them too, and more often so than not. I will say that on the mic he can be a humorous face, but I still liked it better when he was either taunting someone sarcastically or intimidating someone. His stories about his anscestors in the motherland aren't that amusing to me, with a couple of exceptions.

It comes down to preference in many ways as you can see. I don't prefer Sheamus as a face, and based off what I've seen from his current face run, I'm far from convinced he's good at being one, or is being booked to look like a good onw at least. If he does happen to be your cup of tea, that's mighty fine with me, but I sorely dislike him.

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
But he wasn't really a fearless heel. He started as one, and then he became a chickenshit heel and that was while he was holding a belt.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah remember when he made a truce with the nexus. Sounds brave to me

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Yeah remember when he made a truce with the nexus. Sounds brave to me

I'm glad you're still trying to argue with me, while responding to actually none of my points.

Anyways, that was his second reign with the title and I didn't use that a reference, nor did I ever say I wanted for him to revert to how he was in his second reign as WWE champion, or even his first reign as WWE champion. I said I wanted him to revert back to himself around the time he was feuding with Triple H, where gave one of the most fearsome superstars in WWE history multiple brogue kicks to the skull, injuring him to the point where we wouldn't see him for almost a year.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'm glad you're still trying to argue with me, while responding to actually none of my points.

Anyways, that was his second reign with the title and I didn't use that a reference, nor did I ever say I wanted for him to revert to how he was in his second reign as WWE champion, or even his first reign as WWE champion. I said I wanted him to revert back to himself around the time he was feuding with Triple H, where gave one of the most fearsome superstars in WWE history multiple brogue kicks to the skull, injuring him to the point where we wouldn't see him for almost a year.

You do realize that he attacked Triple H with a pipe before the match

Sabretooth

Reaction score
...and a great heel at the time. That's what EC is trying to tell you. He wants THAT Sheamus.

No he said he wants fearless Sheamus. Sheamus showed cowardness toward Triple H. He attacked Hunter when he was trying to say something special to Shawn Michaels. Then he attacked him at Extreme Rules before the match. That's not fearless its cowardness

The Viper

Reaction score
No he said he wants fearless Sheamus. Sheamus showed cowardness toward Triple H. He attacked Hunter when he was trying to say something special to Shawn Michaels. Then he attacked him at Extreme Rules before the match. That's not fearless its cowardness

"I said I wanted him to revert back to himself around the time he was feuding with Triple H, where gave one of the most fearsome superstars in WWE history multiple brogue kicks to the skull, injuring him to the point where we wouldn't see him for almost a year."

Unless I'm reading that wrong, which I doubt, he said he wants that Sheamus back.