WWE Extreme Rules 2012 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Re: WWE Extreme Rules Preview & Live Discussion Thread

That's the way wrestling works.
Thanks for attempting to educate me on how wrestling works, you know, considering I'm more than twice your age.

#HOLLER said:
I'd love for Cody to enter the world title division, but the truth is, I highly doubt WWE would make that jump.
Honestly, I can see Big Show going back into the main event scene before I can Cody.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Thanks for attempting to educate me on how wrestling works, you know, considering I'm more than twice your age.

Honestly, I can see Big Show going back into the main event scene before I can Cody.

You don't have to watch wrestling that long to know how it works. The heel one ups the face for a while until the face gets revenge. If Cody ever wants to get into the world title scene, he'll lose to show

W-olf

Reaction score

I think Show's win at 'Mania was to give him a 'Mania moment and now its time to give the win back to Cody. I hope I'm right.

Spot on call , I can see that too .

Starlight

Cody as champion would make me very happy!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

You don't have to watch wrestling that long to know how it works. The heel one ups the face for a while until the face gets revenge. If Cody ever wants to get into the world title scene, he'll lose to show

Yet in this case the face already has revenge. And now he's continually rubbing it in the heel's face, which comes across odd to me. I can't be the only one who feels this is a totally bizarre feud at this point. Also, again, how is losing two PPV's in a row going to make Cody look good enough to move UP the card? Wouldn't it be more likely to make him look bad and move him DOWN?

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com

The Cody/Big Show feud definitely seems uncomfortable at this point. Big Show looks effing dumb with that belt anyway.

Some history to support the idea that Cody Rhodes could absolutely move up the card by regaining the Intercontinental title by beating Big Show in the upcoming Extreme Rules:

- Shawn Michaels dropped the Intercontinental title to Marty Jannetty in May of '93, and won it back from him less than a month later. That certainly didn't hold HKB back any did it?

- Back in '01, Edge won the IC title in August, lost it in September, won it back in October, lost it again in November, and 1.5 weeks later won it back. He'd go on to win the WHC 7 times, and the WWE Championship 4 times.

There are countless other examples that I really don't need to mention.

Cody will make his way to the top of the card, and winning the IC title back from Show isn't going to stump his progress at all.

Reactions: 1 person

Sabretooth

Reaction score

How is Cody even going to beat Big Show

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
By pinfall or submission. How else?

Seriously, Big Show has lost clean to opponents the same size as Cody. Plus Cody's a heel and doesn't need to win clean.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

I personally think giving the titles to Show and Sheamus were mistakes. Those are my biggest complaints about Wrestlemania. I really want Daniel Bryan to win the 2 out of 3 falls. maybe have him use Aj has a shield and roll Sheamus up, then make him tap during the 3rd falls. Jericho or Punk winning is fine. I like both guys; both have great skill and mic skill, so a Jericho win will keep the feud alive. I loved the scenario of Cena being beaten senseless with a steel chair. Lets hope for that. ;p

Basically all of what was said here. Maybe a different outcome for the falls and all, and maybe D-Bry actually shouldn't regain the title already. I mean, I hate Sheamus as a lame face, his title reign is pitiful, and no one bores me more at this point, but having him drop the title after only one month will hurt things more than help them. I hope Bryan pushes him to the limit though, and maybe Sheamus can snap ad go back to being a great heel.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

EC, you think Sheamus is a crappy face and his reign is pitiful. I strongly disagree. I think he's an awesome babyface how he says he used to be a bully now he's standing up to them. Also he's doing a great job holding the world title making it look cool.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

EC, you think Sheamus is a crappy face and his reign is pitiful. I strongly disagree. I think he's an awesome babyface how he says he used to be a bully now he's standing up to them. Also he's doing a great job holding the world title making it look cool.

Standing up to the bullies by kicking the crap out of a referee? Isn't that bullying? And really, how can you say he's done a great job of making the belt look cool in two weeks?

Starlight

Standing up to the bullies by kicking the crap out of a referee? Isn't that bullying? And really, how can you say he's done a great job of making the belt look cool in two weeks?

^ I like this guy.

Reactions: 1 person

Sabretooth

Reaction score

He apologized over and over again. He's gotten huge reactions as world champion and kicking the head off people looks cool

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

He apologized over and over again. He's gotten huge reactions as world champion and kicking the head off people looks cool
The guy he beat in 18 seconds gets a bigger reaction than him, apologizing over and over again makes him look more like a chump and again, its cool to kick the heads off wrestlers but kicking the ref was bullying, plain and simple.

I would expect a lot more out of one of their main "Be A Star" spokespeople.

Oh and I just want people to know that I love Sheamus and feel that this situation is not entirely his fault. I really believe they made an improper booking decision at 'Mania and he is now suffering because of it. That being said, I do agree with EC that hotshotting the title off of him now is not going to make that any better.