WWE Extreme Rules 2009 Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
Im really looking forward to the ladder match, of course, and the strap match. I really, REALLY hope its given enough time and that its a 4 corners thing.

straight_edge76

The 4 corners strap matches are always good, it will more likely be the sort of strap match where they are just strapped together which is imo Blue. The last "4 corner match" was the texas bullrope match where JBL beat Eddie (RIP) back in 2004 I believe.

Airfixx

Ditto. Those 4-corner matches rule...

Good to see that they don't seem to be throwing Matt/MVP on the card too... MVP needs some sort of PPV action soon though.

Soulpower

You know RAW is terrible, when even the lone ECW match on the card has the potential to blow away anything from the "A Brand".

the dark knight

looks like im gonna skip this ppv too.

im only interested in jeff vs edge and the ecw match, eventhough im not following the storyline.

Kaedon

Reaction score
The triple threat hardcore match will not blow anything away. It will be good, but Batista/Orton could also pull something out of the hat.

Soulpower

but Batista/Orton could also pull something out of the hat.

Unfortunately for us, it will be probably be a big turd that they pull out :shifty:

Airfixx

Thanks to the cage stip, I'm not so despondent about the prospect of the Orton/Batista match... Shouldn't be anywhere the snoozer that their Armageddon & Jday matches were.

Moonlight Drive

Cages actually play to Batista's strengths. Would be much better if he was the heel though, love seein' the monstrous powerhouse just mauling the babyface into the cage.

Airfixx

I think the storyline gives Batista license to do just that anyway.

aufman

Reaction score
Jeff Hardy will become World Heavyweight Champion.

straight_edge76

^^ That's funny. ^^
Back on topic..

I see somehow Priceless getting involved in the Cage match somehow.

the dark knight

^^somehow? lol man

its not hell in a cell, someone aaaaaaaaaaalways interferes in cage matches. seriously, does it take an 7 year old's imagination to climb up and in there?

Travis40

I'm calling it, Cena uses the STFU to beat Big Show...but uses a chain.

xtremebadass

Here are my predictions so far...

Ladder Match: World Heavyweight Championship
Edge* vs. Jeff Hardy
(Jeff overcomes Matt Hardy interference and walks out champion.)

Steel Cage Match: WWE Championship
Randy Orton* vs. Batista
(This takes no prediction, Orton wins.)

Submission Match:
John Cena vs. Big Show
(What is so extreme about a submission match? Cena will most likely use his "Chain Gang" chain like someone said, Cena used a chain last year right?)

No Holds Barred:
Jericho vs. Mysterio
(It's not a title fight, atleast thats what the graphic said, so Jericho wins)

Hardcore Match: ECW Championship
Swagger* vs. Dreamer vs. Christian
(Obviously, for storytelling sake, Dreamer wins pinning Swagger, Christian "never lost the title" routine.)

Strap Match:
CM Punk vs. Umaga
(who cares? seriously.)