WWE Extreme Rules 2009 Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CT Styles

Anyone who WATCHED it, was it a heel-like CM Punk who cashed in or was he simply taking advantage of the situation?

The Rated R CMStar

His demeanor was kinda heel, but it was sold as a face winning, so we'll have to see SD

CT Styles

Was it enough to say there could be a Hardy/Punk feud that isn't just the generic contractual rematch feud?

The Rated R CMStar

It really depends on the type of promo Punk cuts at Smackdown, but the way CM Punk carried himself during the match, face expressions included, was Edge NYR 06 like.

Then again, he completely turned face when celebrating the title win.

I'll reckon that they'll keep Punk as face and give us Edge vs Punk vs Jeff

seX-Power

I think that because the fans didn't boo, he will stay face. But then again who knows, he did kinda act heelish when cashing in and there was no handshake or shit like that.

For my full views, check out my PPV review!

xtremebadass

...as if my CM Punk hatred wasn't big enough...he couldn't have screwed Edge over for the second time, he had to take a dump all over Jeff Hardy's second reign? Give me a break.

The Rated R CMStar

Please...he saved us from another Jeff Hardy title reign. Everytime I look back to the time frame between Armageddon and Royal Rumble I have nightmares

Ballin

Reaction score
...as if my CM Punk hatred wasn't big enough...he couldn't have screwed Edge over for the second time, he had to take a dump all over Jeff Hardy's second reign? Give me a break.

Bahahahah...

I lul @ the fact Jeff did that much to his body just to lose to Punk by 2 GTS

xtremebadass

I didn't think Hardy's reign was that bad, it was just his storyline wasn't main event worthy. Nobody likes to see a champ get owned, aka blown up with pyro. It was just bad timing, and Matt Hardy interfering in it didn't do anything for him either.

NCD

Reaction score
Please...he saved us from another Jeff Hardy title reign. Everytime I look back to the time frame between Armageddon and Royal Rumble I have nightmares

LMAO... I don't blame you... that title reign was so crappy, I still can't believe it and half a year has past! lol

Reaction score
This PPV was insane but i think WWE gave batista the title in case he decides to retire after his surgery...WWE might have given the title to Batista as a way to say thanks for everything you have done just in case you cant return after your surgery... and for people who were wondering why the match was short was because Batista is definitely injured its not storyling and thats the reason why the match was like 7 minutes because batista cannot move...... I absolutely hate the fact that Batista won and it definitely hurts Randy but i guess there is nothing we can do so we just have to sit back and watch what happens

seX-Power

I didn't think Hardy's reign was that bad, it was just his storyline wasn't main event worthy. Nobody likes to see a champ get owned, aka blown up with pyro. It was just bad timing, and Matt Hardy interfering in it didn't do anything for him either.

You can't use storyline or timing as an excuse for a bad reign. It was awful, and that's not entirely Hardy's fault but it's his reign.