WWE Extreme Rules 2009 Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Qwake

CM Punk's first reign wasn't exactly great either, but still, it was miles better then Hardy's, Hardy's second reign...well, you can barely call that a reign tbh. Let's just hope they make something out of Punk's second reign and have some good matches come of it. Punk/Edge feud imo, Jeff Vs Punk with Jeff's rematch coming into play could be a good SD match.

the dark knight

just watched smackdown...

this is wild but it could happen; punk loses to umaga, jeff wins, punk cashes in.
I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO

well he didn't lose to umaga but that was a bit irrelevant was it not? it would've worked better if he had. anyway, I TOLD YOU SO. too bad its not worth another you should all kiss my ass thread.

on a side note: LOOOL at batista winning. this is getting more pathetic than santino's "comedy" and having vickie on television.

Not really, it was kinda a mix between his current submission move and the Crippler. Only 'cause he couldn't get his other one on Big Show due to his size.
it was actually a crippler crossface....unless your name is michael cole.

man....no ladder match or ecw match is worth staying up for almost two days straight.

ill watch the replay tomorrow.
i take it back. no replay is worth watching with your parents up and sitting with you. fuck that, i'd rather fall asleep watching it than watch it with my parents again.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I dont know what i thought of the PPV TBH. I'm not sure if i liked or didn't. Maybe because for the first time ever i didn't stay up to watch it i watched it today so the excitement wasn't there i dunno. Anyhoo i totally got all the match out comes wrong =/. Rey/Jericho match was good Cena/Show was Meh i like the cross face tho. Pissed at the short shitty cage match and hated the fact that Tista won and in turn takes away a bit of momentum from Orton. I know now why the match was short, But the outcome was still shit IMO. Ladder match was best match by far for me wicked and the two really took some bumps. I was kinda happy a bit Hardy won But only for a split second lol. I'm not sure how i feel about Punk as champ just yet. Like to see Heel Punk feud with Jeff tho, think that would rock . I have decided it was a good ppv not great but good, Cpl of interesting swerves.

MizMasta3000

Not really, it was kinda a mix between his current submission move and the Crippler. Only 'cause he couldn't get his other one on Big Show due to his size.

It would have been if he put his arms over Show's face instead of under the chin. It was a variation i guess. Hey if he uses this more often I will have a chance at making a decent Chris Benoit moveset in the next SvR game hehehe

btman

Reaction score
So its late and I don't want to read through the entire thread... And I was falling asleep for 50% of Extreme Rules...

But during the ECW match did I hear "We Want Tables" or "We Want Angle" because I swear I heard Angle chants... I'll double check sometime tomorrow but in the meantime can someone please inform me if I was dreaming during dreamers big moment.

Airfixx

^^^They were "we want tables" chants.

I'm similiar to KovKs.... Not quite sure what i made of it (although I too wasn't 'up late'.).

My Thoughts...

US 4-way: Decent enough opener. Closing thought: MVP is in a right mess. They'd have been better off giving Kofi this so-called "push".

Rey/Jericho: Unsuprisingly, another sweet match from these two.... Awesomely executed finish.... I want more! :y:

Punk/Umaga: I love strap/collar matches and was really looking forward to this but merely found it to be ok... Spent much of the match mourning Umaga's release tho' to be fair.

ECW 3-way: I enjoyed this match... Was genuinely suprised by Dreamers win, but admittedly it was a nice moment with him getting a lot of love from the crowd.

Vicki/Santina: Great for TV, but completely un PPV-worthy.

Orton/Batista: Ok, so it transpires that big Dave was injured; thus explainging the supa-short match, fine, but why de-rail Orton's momentum AGAIN for a guy that's just about to go on leave for treatment? All we're left with for the main heel on Raw is a guy that can't handle a 60 year old man in a street-fight without back-up and tries to pussy (or heel if you'd prefer) his way out of any legitimate competition only to lose anyway.

....Will they ever FULLY pull the trigger on Orton????

Cena/Show: Holy shit; make it stop, plllleeeeeeaaaasee!!! What stip's next? ....Cena has to FU show 10 times in succession before being allowed to make a cover???

As for the match at ER... Not quite as horrendously monotonous as their previous PPV encounter, but thanks in part to Show botching the end it still stank!

Edge/Jeff: Pretty kick ass for a glorified spot fest. Loved the finish with Jeff staring Edge right in the eyes as he retreived the belt. Such a shame it'll be forgotten in 'favour' of the 'shock factor' of Punk cashing in MITB on Jeff.

I have no idea where WWE think they're 'at' right now.... What with the awkwardly executed draft, the bigger picture of Punk/MITB, their destroying MVP, the continual title changes and so on it seems like they're content to shake everything up every few months and just see what settles (kinda like one of those snow-storm-in-a-jar things)....

MaZZacare

Reaction score
The Ladder Match was great i still like HBK vY2J one just a lil more but that was great and hey punk became world champ out of it i honestly didnt see that comeing so thats cool lets hope they dont jeff hardy/ rey mysterio this reign for him.

the 4 was for the US title was fun i wanted it the be more though

the IC title match was good as was expected im diggin this story

ECW wow dreamer won yeah but what now

everything else eh not really feeling