WWE Extreme Rules 2009 Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Just "get fucked" anyway... IMO. :y:

@ XBadass: Why so suprised? ...I wasn't expecting anything else but extreme JDay.

everything else is Meh

Huh? ...So your rating the stuff that you can't even predict? That's pretty fuq'd isn't it?

What is this "everything else" you speak of so unfavourably?

Kaedon

Reaction score
Is it me or is the WWE getting lazier and lazier? I have no problem with long feuds but man, a little variety would be good.

Airfixx

I think what we're seeing is a symptom of there being too many PPVs.... I think it's a big ask to repeatedly set up compelling fueds within 2 or 3 TV shows.

Out of curiosity, what fueds do you believe are 'outstaying their welcome'?

Admittedly I can't really see the point of continuing Cena/Show when a supposedly injured Cena can still FU Show for the 1, 2, 3.

However, Orton/Batista works (as would a return match for Jeff H) and nothing else has been announced thus far.

The Rated R CMStar

Cena/Big Show is just overkill. They are going to destroy Big Show's credibility by making him tap to Cena, as we know Cena is going to challenge for the gold at the Bash.

The only way this gets interesting is if they make Big Show the winner and instead of Cena vs Orton at Bash, they give us another gimmick match with Cena and Show.

Wrestling Station

Just imagine Kurt Angle comes to demonstrate the angle lock for Cena to perfect it :laugh:
I think he will use the cross face (benoit's regeme) imo.

Airfixx

You may have somewhat of a point there though... If they have any kinda desire to bring Angle back, I doubt we'll be seeing Cena adopt it into his move-set full time.... I know he's not the first to use it, but he did make it his own (and on VINCE'S time too).

LKP

I'm betting on cena getting a new submission hold and renaming it also to a kid friendly name. I think the stfu will leave his arsenal. And i think he will apply it to the big show but show will hold cena in a hold also and it will be a double ko or submission. Both go into GAB as Ortons number 1 contenders in a 3 way match. HHH will return to fight batista.

Airfixx

Cena will probobly win the match with some shitty move like a Boston-Crab Cena-fied making it the deadlest submission move in history!

LOL...You've effectively described The Walls Of Jericho (at least how it gets applied 99% of the time).

straight_edge76

Speaking if HHH does anyone think he will be involved in the "Nuggets Vs Lakers" main event on Raw as the mystery person?

Airfixx

Speaking of HHH

I'm not sure that anyone was... ;o]

Newly announced matches sound all good to me....

Jericho/Rey - No Holds Barred (I liked the idea of Falls Count Anywhere, but no biggy.)
Edge/Jeff - Ladder Match (Sure we'll still see a chair and a table or two)
Punk/Umaga - Samoan Strap Match (Great set-up with Umaga tying Punk up on this weeks SD!)

I'm expecting Extreme Rules 3-way between Dreamer, Swagger & Christian, but other than that do ya'll think anyone else is still to be added to the card?

LKP

I want Mvp vs Matt Hardy vs Regal vs Kofi in a 4 way first blood or street fight for the US title.

seX-Power

^ Regal is apparently involved with Vickie/Santina now :)confused:) and Kofi wasn't on Raw. If anything, we'll get Matt Hardy vs MVP in some sort of match where Matt gets to utilize his cast.

Airfixx

^^^I hope not.. The cast thing is fine for Raw, but with PPV time a premium these days I'd rather wait for MVP to get a better time to shine. Plus, it's pretty un-plausible(*) that Matt would be given another title shot having lost clean in the last one...

(*Admittedly it's not out of the question though.)

seX-Power

^^^I hope not.. The cast thing is fine for Raw, but with PPV time a premium these days I'd rather wait for MVP to get a better time to shine. Plus, it's pretty un-plausible(*) that Matt would be given another title shot having lost clean in the last one...

(*Admittedly it's not out of the question though.)

Especially with this 'hired gun' sorta thing Vickie has going now, all it would take is for Hardy to attack Santina with a cast to be put in another US title match. I agree that I don't want it either but I think Raw will have more than 2 matches this time and I don't want Vickie/Santina on PPV.

MikeRaw

Looks like a decent card so far. Except they have Santina vs Vickie, which will automatically make me not buy the PPV.