WWE DVD Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Time for a look at the WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 DVD and Blu-ray cover, featuring The Rock and CM Punk!

The Elimination Chamber DVD is released on March 19th. As of last word the Blu-ray edition will be exclusive to Best Buy stores and is available to pre-order at BestBuy.com.

GflzNZC.jpg

fiF9NBt.jpg

Pretty good cover. Straight to the point and good choice of backdrop and how it was executed so it shows off the theme of the PPV well so it goes well with the cover title.

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Only reason i would buy this is for the Shield match, might have to wait like a year for it to be £9.99 for that to happen though.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Now that is certainly a different style of cover for the Foley DVD. I like it, makes sense since Foley is out of the ring these days and he is looking back at his career. Really looking forward to the documentary on that DVD.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That is great and I am not just saying that because of the image in the top right corner. Completely fits the IYR style and it should turn out to be a quality DVD.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Anyone else a bit disappointed that the WWE: Top 25 Rivalries DVD is going ahead? WWEDVDNews has been revealing the list of rivalries on their website each day and don't get me wrong I am happy with the rivalries that have been announced my issue is that some of these rivalries deserve a stand alone set like HBK vs Bret. Compacting 25 into one DVD means that some of the greatest rivalries of all time will only get talked about for about ten minutes when they could easily produce a 60 or 90 minute documentary on them.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
The match listing is AWFUL. If the doc isn't 2 hours long then it's gonna be a FAIL no way you can fit 25 feuds in hour/hour half.

Bret/Shawn - Cause having it's OWN dvd wasn't enough. C'MON, Bret/Perfect or Bret/Owen would of been a million times better.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
dvd-lg-top25-rivalries.jpg

wwedvdnews said:
WWE Superstars clash year-round with championships, glory, and personal pride on the line. But only 25 rivalries can be considered the greatest in sports entertainment history. Now for the first time ever, WWE counts down the most intense rivalries of all time. With each segment narrated by a different WWE or mainstream personality, each rivalry takes on a life of its own as WWE fans get an inside, never-before-seen perspective on their favorite showdowns. From the grudges born from equal pursuit of a common goal to those where the animosity crosses personal boundaries, all the timeless conflicts in the history of WWE, WCW, NWA, ECW and more are presented. Featuring Cena vs Edge, Stone Cold vs Mr McMahon, Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat and many more, this controversial countdown is sure to be dissected and debated by fans of all eras. Plus, special features include over 5 hours of bonus matches highlighting the rivalries presented in the countdown.

I like the cover, the old school design is a nice touch and I have no issue with Hogan/Andre being on the cover. Still don't like this idea and am disappointed they dropped the idea of producing a new Rivalry DVD each year.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The previously revealed artwork for WWE WrestleMania 29 has been updated, and we can now exclusively reveal the cover below! WrestleMania is to be released on DVD and Blu-ray formats to the United States on May 14th.

SSLBBmr.jpg

US release: May 14th – Amazon.com
AUS release: May 14th – WWEDVD.com.au
CAN release: May 21st – Amazon.ca
UK release: June 10th – WWEDVD.co.uk

I really like it. Everything blends well and all the talent are being showed off. Will draw people in with the starpower on it. Really nice touch with the urn on the spine as well. and the 29 looks nice. Much better than the early cover with just Cena and Rock on it with NYC in the background (the template to the new cover pretty much, if you haven't seen it.)

But yeah I'll be picking this up as I always do with mania even if it wasn't the best. The HOF will be good to own anyway. :y:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like it the updated version as well. They did a good job of getting all the important matches onto the cover without making it look too crowded. Undertaker looks great in that full on outfit.