WWE Cruiserweight Classic

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The new name for the Global Cruiserweight Series appears to be The Cruiserweight Classic, according to WWE's website.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Should've been Cruiserweight Open to fit with WrestleMania 20's idea. Wait - there was a WrestleMania 20?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
From WWE.com:

Drew Gulak and TJ Perkins qualify for WWE Cruiserweight Classic at EVOLVE Wrestling
20160506_GlobalCruiserweightSeries_PerkinsGulak_1920x1080--3c26088f7fb319bbbe670c8885f09b99.jpg

QUEENS, N.Y. — Drew Gulak and TJ Perkins won qualifying matches for the WWE Cruiserweight Classic at an EVOLVE Wrestling event in New York City, WWE.com has confirmed.

Submission expert Gulak faced a tough challenge from the competitor he holds the EVOLVE Tag Team Titles with, “Hot Sauce” Tracy Williams, but emerged victorious to earn a spot in this summer’s huge tournament.

In the second qualifier, flashy veteran Perkins defeated up-and-comer Fred Yehi to cement his place in the field of 32.

Stay tuned to WWE.com in the coming days for exclusive photos and videos of the two qualifying matches from EVOLVE.

Gulak and Perkins join the following competitors in the Cruiserweight Classic:

-Zack Sabre Jr.
-Jack Gallagher
-Noam Dar
-Rich Swann
-Johnny Gargano
-Tommaso Ciampa
-Akira Tozawa
-Ho Ho Lun
-Lince Dorado

The Cruiserweight Classic begins Wednesday, July 13, at 9/8 C, exclusively on WWE Network.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Damn, Evolve is upping their production game.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Am I wrong to assume Kota Ibushi is in this?

I believe you aren't. I mean, we all saw him on April 1st at NXT TakeOver: Dallas and WWE.com even posted the article acknowledging it. Click here.

And while I don't see him working WWE full-time (unless WWE offers a huge amount of dough), I'd love to see him in the Cruiserweight Classic.

Also:
Kota Ibushi, who was shown on camera at WWE NXT "Takeover: Dallas" last week, reportedly told Tokyo Sports that he had no contract talks with WWE while in town. However, it was noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE would not put Ibushi on TV if they weren't confident he was coming in. Also, prospects are obviously told to downplay any talks in the media.

Ibushi also confirmed that he will wrestle for the IGF promotion in Japan this year. Japanese wrestling reporter Enuhito noted on Twitter that Ibushi said he's working IGF to study owner and WWE Hall of Famer Antonio Inoki.

Source

So, I guess we'll know for sure once the show starts being filmed. Hopefully he ends up appearing in the CC after all. [HASHTAG]#TeamOptimism[/HASHTAG]

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
I believe you aren't. I mean, we all saw him on April 1st at NXT TakeOver: Dallas and WWE.com even posted the article acknowledging it. Click here.

And while I don't see him working WWE full-time (unless WWE offers a huge amount of dough), I'd love to see him in the Cruiserweight Classic.

Also:

Source

So, I guess we'll know for sure once the show starts being filmed. Hopefully he ends up appearing in the CC after all. [HASHTAG]#TeamOptimism[/HASHTAG]
I wanna see him bring the blow up doll and wrestle again lol

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Almost all the tapings have been sold out, except the 8/26 taping, if I remember correctly.