WWE Cruiserweight Classic

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Global Crusierweight Series will air July 13th, 2016 at Full Sail University!

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Here's to hoping we get a Tajiri vs. Super Crazy reunion match. Sounds unlikely, but neither of them are tied down to long-term deals and are free lancing. Both are in shape, and can still go and were my favorite part about the Cruiserweights, during it's heyday.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Should be flushed with European talent. Hell, Ospreay would've won if he didn't sign with NJPW.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
What about Gargano? He's not really a freelancer or signed, just somewhere in-between.
I think this tournament will be used to launch La Sombra/Manny Andrade/whatever he's called to be honest.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Think they'll let the winner skip NXT if they aren't already on it?
No. This tournament will be a network exclusive so I don't see it having any major impact on the main roster product. It's a way for Triple H and WWE to get hardcore fans to sign up for the network. And a smart one

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
No. This tournament will be a network exclusive so I don't see it having any major impact on the main roster product. It's a way for Triple H and WWE to get hardcore fans to sign up for the network. And a smart one
The prize hasn't really been specified yet, could've talked it out with Vince for a spot on the main roster. It's highly unlikely, but it'd be a nice incentive.

What would make it a whole lot more appealing is if the entire tourney consisted of outsourced talents, and that the winner get a contract. We know that the WWE would've already picked the guy going in, it'd be cool to see play out though.

Apparently Cedric had a tryout for it already, yikes. Talk about underwhelming.

Stopspot

Reaction score
The prize hasn't really been specified yet, could've talked it out with Vince for a spot on the main roster. It's highly unlikely, but it'd be a nice incentive.

What would make it a whole lot more appealing is if the entire tourney consisted of outsourced talents, and that the winner get a contract. We know that the WWE would've already picked the guy going in, it'd be cool to see play out though.

Apparently Cedric had a tryout for it already, yikes. Talk about underwhelming.
All the info I have managed to gather is that it will be a sort of in ring Tough Enough (for the freelance talent) as well as a Network subscription bumper. There's no real talk about what is going to happen to the winner on the main roster but I guess it is going to be a yearly tournament ala king of the ring. Might be a cruiserweight title on the line, might be a trophy. Who knows?

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
All the info I have managed to gather is that it will be a sort of in ring Tough Enough (for the freelance talent) as well as a Network subscription bumper. There's no real talk about what is going to happen to the winner on the main roster but I guess it is going to be a yearly tournament ala king of the ring. Might be a cruiserweight title on the line, might be a trophy. Who knows?
Love the idea

Jeremy

The Showoff
Reaction score
It's all part of a plan to bring Hornswoggle back.

In all seriousness, I like this idea. More tournaments are fine by me.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
The qualifiers are being held at EVOLVE.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Progress is holding qualifiers at their Chapter 29 show.