WWE Cruiserweight Classic

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
RevPro Wrestling has announced qualifiers.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
A possible downside to this to think about:
Everyone knows that WWE likes to micromanage things, and this tournament will probably not be anything different. Progress and RevPro are most likely counting on this hype resulting in some extra subs to their demand services, but what happens if the WWE decides that the qualifying matches cannot be aired unless it is on the WWE network? Technically it is WWE matches so they should have some type of claim.

And from the talent perspective, WWE is going to sign these guys to temporary contracts for legal reasons, which means they are going to be able to determine what independent work these guys can then do for a while. Before you say they cannot, let me point out that they do this. Every inductee into the Hall of Fame who is not working for the company signs a temporary contract upon agreeing to be inducted which stretches up to six months after induction, and during that period WWE has legal right to null any appearances that person has booked/planned at say conventions. This is so they can protect their image by not having a hall of famer show up the week after induction at some flea market in bummfuck Indiana. Odds are that talent brought in for this tournament end up having to sign similar deals to participate in the tournament. And a lot of those guys rely on hustling from show to show to make ends meet. Notice how Gargano and Ciampa, who are NXT regulars aren't working as many smaller independents now, but rather only the big ones and international tours. Is every guy brought in for this tournament going to have that same luxury?

There's a whole lot of good faith shown towards WWE here to do these guys right.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
And from the talent perspective, WWE is going to sign these guys to temporary contracts for legal reasons
They probably did sign some paper work, but just the basic things to make sure they don't no-show/double book themselves and that WWE won't be paying for any injury they sustain. It's only a 5 day deal, so I wouldn't imagine any of the guys in the tournament will screw themselves over by double-booking or no-showing. Also, WWE probably doesn't want to play manager for some indie talents.

Anyways, King Cuerno was hoping to go but AAA and Lucha Underground shut him down. So much for that apparent LU/WWE working agreement.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Watching Zach Sabre Jr. in something resembling a WWE ring will be surreal lol

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Seeing the Man Ape Tozawa will be awesome. Also it's kind of hard to see Ciampa as a cruiserweight

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Ciampa isn't THAT big, tbh. Also, his weight is 210 pounds. The OP reads the weight limit for this tourney is/was 205, so it might've been switched to 210, Idk.

Either way, I see Gargano, Ciampa and perhaps ZSJ getting officially signed to NXT once this whole thing is over.

Stopspot

Reaction score
They probably did sign some paper work, but just the basic things to make sure they don't no-show/double book themselves and that WWE won't be paying for any injury they sustain. It's only a 5 day deal, so I wouldn't imagine any of the guys in the tournament will screw themselves over by double-booking or no-showing. Also, WWE probably doesn't want to play manager for some indie talents.

Anyways, King Cuerno was hoping to go but AAA and Lucha Underground shut him down. So much for that apparent LU/WWE working agreement.
The HOF is a one show deal, yet they still make everyone that appears at the HOF sign a six month deal

Reactions: seabs

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I think they get signed to 6-month deals because they make appearances for the WWE afterwards, and probably a way to give the Hall of Fame some prestige. It wouldn't look good for the WWE if their recent inductee is making an appearance at an indie in-front of 50 people.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Seriously?
If Meltzer is to be believed.
It's to protect their brand apparently. They don't want recent HOF'ers working flea market cons and such apparently. So they make them sign contracts and have to clear all outside appearances with WWE for six months after the HOF show