WWE Cruiserweight Classic

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Cedric Alexander is rumored to be one of the participants in the GCS.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Kota Ibushi, who was shown on camera at WWE NXT "Takeover: Dallas" last week, reportedly told Tokyo Sports that he had no contract talks with WWE while in town. However, it was noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE would not put Ibushi on TV if they weren't confident he was coming in. Also, prospects are obviously told to downplay any talks in the media.

Ibushi also confirmed that he will wrestle for the IGF promotion in Japan this year. Japanese wrestling reporter Enuhito noted on Twitter that Ibushi said he's working IGF to study owner and WWE Hall of Famer Antonio Inoki.

Source

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Qualifying matches for Progress and Evolve are set.

Progress:
Zack Sabre Jr vs Flash Morgan Webster
Pete Dunne vs Jack Gallagher
Takes place at the next Progress show (april 24)

Evolve:
Evolve tag champion Tracey Williams vs Evolve tag champion Drew Gulak (well this is awkward)
Fred Yehi vs TJ Perkins
Both matches take place on May 7

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Revolution Pro Wrestling to host WWE Global Cruiserweight Series qualifying match on May 1

The race to earn a spot in this summer's hottest tournament just got a little more exciting, as Revolution Pro Wrestling in the United Kingdom has announced the participants in its qualifying match for the WWE Global Cruiserweight Series. The bout is scheduled to take place on Sunday, May 1, at The Cockpit in London.

Previously confirmed participant Noam Dar of Scotland enters the GCS in the qualifying round. The Israeli-Scottish competitor has made a name for himself as one of the most adaptable wrestlers in the world. Among the U.K.'s premier technical wrestlers, the 22-year-old Dar has shown he can hang with the world's best in the squared circle, having taken on the likes of AJ Styles, former NXT Champion Finn Bálor, and Austin Aries.

Dar's opponent in the qualifying match is Josh Bodom. Regarded as one of the hottest prospects in British wrestling, Bodom has made a name for himself against Superstars like Bálor and another GCS competitor, Tommaso Ciampa. He'll certainly look to ruin Dar's summer and put himself on the biggest stage possible by earning a spot in the Global Cruiserweight Series.

The all-important qualifying match takes place at Revolution Pro Wrestling's Live at The Cockpit 8 event on Sunday, May 1, at 5:30 p.m. GMT at The Cockpit in London. For complete information on how you can see this Global Cruiserweight Series qualifier live and in-person, visit RevolutionProWrestling.com. For more information on Revolution Pro Wrestling, follow them on Twitter @RevProUK and like their Facebook page.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Zack Sabre Jnr and Jack Gallagher both won their qualifying matches at Progress today, beating Flash Morgan Webster and Pete Dunne, respectively.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Well since they already announced ZSJ, I'm not surprised.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
From WWE.com:

Noam Dar qualifies for WWE Global Cruiserweight Series at Revolution Pro
20160429_GlobalCruiserweightSeries_1920x1080_v2--9ef7aa353c0a050893ef9f55dad2af21.jpg

LONDON — Noam Dar won a qualifying match for the WWE Global Cruiserweight Series at a Revolution Pro Wrestling event, WWE.com has learned.

The 22-year-old from Scotland, widely regarded as one of the U.K.’s best grapplers, defeated Josh Bodom at The Cockpit in London to cement his place in this summer’s can’t-miss tournament. Dar joins Zack Sabre Jr. and Jack Gallahger, who qualified at PROGRESS Wrestling on April 24, in the field of 32 competitors.

Stay tuned to WWE.com this week for exclusive photos and videos from Dar’s victory.

Two more qualifying matches will be held at EVOLVE Wrestling’s event this Saturday, May 7, in Queens, N.Y. The Global Cruiserweight Series premieres on WWE Network on Wednesday, July 13, at 9/8 C.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
You would think they would have the matches before annoucing who's in it.