WWE 2K14 cover star is revealed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Oh sure from the money standpoint it's brilliant. Is it fair? Of course not
The words "fair" and "business" rarely, if ever, go together.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
What weird parallel universe did I wake up in where Rock was a bigger draw than Austin? That being said I've got no problem with him on the cover and am actually really excited for this iteration of the game since it'a 2K and THQ.

The Viper

Reaction score
He's under "Dwayne" I was looking in the R's... well, fuck. My point still stands.

Is he really on the roster under "Dwayne"? :lol: That's hilarious.

Sent from my Droid RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
As much as most of you are belly aching over this, it can't be looked at anything more than a smart move by WWE.

Obviously WWE values their business principle and drawing power more than they value the in ring work of their superstars and if they want to draw the most people to it than it makes sense. I don't currently know what the status of The Rock is currently, but the fact that he was thrown into a feud with John Cena shows that he had some interest in wrestling and I can imagine that the people were more interested in that than anything else because I remember how big The Rock/Hogan feud was way back when. He's the most universally recognized superstar in the WWE today so if they want to get gamers who don't even like wrestling in that it makes all the sense in the world that he would be on the cover.

Like I've said so many times, I don't watch wrestling so I don't mean to cause an uproar. I'm just throwing in my two cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
There's really no point in getting into the "who's the biggest star since Hogan" debate since those on opposing sides are never going to agree with each other or come to a resolution. However, in regards to The Rock being on the cover, I think it's the most logical move WWE can make. First of all, he was part of a major feud/angle that was built over a long time. Second, The Rock is a mainstream personality, so you may get a few people checking the game out that normally wouldn't. Finally, it's very appropriate given the apparent desire of the company to push part-timers into the main event.

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

I'm completely fine with this, and I had a feeling that he would be the one who would be on the cover anyways.

Starlight

I would have loved to see a multiple wrestler cover this year. It could have been the Shield or Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, Ryback, and John Cena on it. What happened to the multiple wrestler covers? I understand to put one star on it is a boost to their reputation and their character, but obviously the multiple covers have always been a personal favorite of one. I think the Shield would have been an AWESOME choice to use because they are the hottest thing in WWE right now. Look who they have beaten: Ryback, Randy Orton, Undertaker, Kane, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Big Show, and John Cena to make only a few. They are HOT!

Reaction score
Wasn't he on the alternative cover like two games back? I feel it should have been the SHIELD they have done more in a short time then anyone IMO. Maybe Ziggler or even Cena. They could change the cover but this from a business point depends whom you're aiming at. Some people like me will never see him as more then Dwayne. He's noting special and without scripts he's stale and he can't even remember them anymore. remember her wrote part of the script on his arm. Greatest wrestlers is very debatable. I would go with Ric Flair IMO. Anyways, if the game is aimed at children put Cena on the cover. Kids relate to him more then the Rock and they'd bug their parents to buy it. If your aiming at adults Muliti-cover.