WWE 2019: No Wildcards

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DTP

Reaction score
WWE London Calling 2020 - September 20, 2020:

Man, I've really fallen behind on this. I'll try to catch up, but in the mean time I'll hit up your last major show - the highly-talked about London Calling.

As an England-based show, I'm eager to see how things transpire here on a show headlined by native countryman Drew McIntyre. I don't particularly see Cesaro as being a worthy opposition for him in the main event, but it's still great to see the WWE Championship contested between two Europeans on a card set in London.

Strong decision to have the World Tag Team Championship match open the show, with the New Day getting the win against Andrade and Angel Garza. They proved to be pretty good challengers previously, and I could have seen them as potential champs had it not been for the pandemic's opening months getting in their way. Nice use of high drama here too, with Zelina Vega kicking things up a notch.

Charlotte Flair and Natalya always had pretty good matches, so this was a no-brainer. It went a little short for my liking, though, then again it was match two on the card. It gave Charlotte an ample win. Really it's all set up for No Mercy, which is not far away whatsoever. Not a bad use of bridging a storyline.

I totally get Big Show being present to face off against Omos, but Mustafa Ali having Show there is a really funny visual. Dolph Ziggler as WWE Cruiserweight Champion is a more questionable decision, but that aside, I've little question he and Ali would tear the house down given proper time. Ziggler retaining was fine, but I just hope Ali finds something that will help him truly take off.

I was really glad to see William Regal appear on this show, if not also for the fact that there was acknowledgement that NXT exists. It appears the King of the Ring tournament is being boosted in importance this year, and I do like that certain talents are being highlighted to be part of it from down there. Zack Gibson as a single is the most interesting name drawn.

Following on from that, I liked the six-man tag team match with the Hurt Business taking the win against British Strong Style. I feel like this would happen in real life. It worked for getting big heat on the homegrown guys, in what read like a pretty epic-sounding contest.

Tommaso Ciampa and The Miz making the card felt strange to me, in the sense I don't think it necessarily needed to happen here. It was short and came across like a buffer match regardless, but it wasn't the exciting pay-per-view debut Ciampa could have done with.

I know Sami Zayn isn't the biggest guy in the world, but the size difference between he and Lio Rush would have still been a sight to behold. Good action with Rush handed some opportunities, but the WWE Intercontinental Championship is best around Sami at this point in time.

Another homegrown loss in Piper Niven to Shayna Baszler. A win over a bigger woman like Niven truly gets Shayna over as the dominant WWE Women's Universal Champion. I didn't gel with the match too much, and felt it went a little too long for comfort, but it got the MMA Horsewomen over some more.

I will bet that Samoa Joe and John Cena would have torn the house down, and at this juncture, Joe probably should have gotten the win here. I feel like in a slightly different timeline, this could have handily main evented. I also really appreciate this not being another submission win, given we've seen that already with Shayna.

Drew McIntyre retaining the WWE Championship in his home country made for a brill main event and I felt Cesaro looked strong in defeat. Again, the match may have gone on too long for my liking, but it worked for greater establishing Drew as the face of the company, as he should be in 2020. I never really got why Cesaro was hanging around with the Ingobernables, so I'm alright with him potentially being on the outs, if the Zelina Vega aspect was anything to go off of.

Overall, a well-written show that featured copious amounts of drama. There were a few matches I felt were out of place on a show of this calibre, but it sets things in motion for No Mercy and beyond.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Booker note: These pictures were downloaded to be uploaded before RDT's feedback hence the spelling mistake still being there for the pre-show. Fixed for the PPV:

p45Yh8M.jpeg

vggwhtL.jpeg

mxYAzNI.jpeg

uyLLw5k.jpeg

Amn4hoS.jpeg

Tg11

Reaction score
- Rowe being named into the King of the Ring tournament is unexpected to say the least but Kevin Owens is not a part of it because he's been WWE Universal Champion before so he can't be in that tournament but with him and Owens facing The Usos...they surely have to realize that The Bloodline runs deep meaning any one of their family members could show up and interfere in this Tag Team match

- The Club look ready for tonight but then so do The Alpha Academy so something has to give for tonight

- Apollo Crews getting into King of the Ring makes sense and after beating Humberto Carrillo...it begs the question of what is next for him after all this?

- The MMA Horsewomen have a huge night tonight because Ronda has her match against Bayley for the WWE Women's Championship and then Shayna Baszler the WWE Women's Universal Champion & Natalya have to defend the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship against Sasha Banks & Charlotte Flair...but after tonight could the MMA Horsewomen have all the gold?

Tg11

Reaction score
- Hell In A Cell was brutal...it was barbaric and it was bloody too which I loved. Both men bloody as hell and bloody to a pulp. After the last few Hell In A Cell matches, WWE made sure to reinforce the Cell to make sure both competitors stay in the Cell and to make sure no one can leave the Cell either. Because Michaels wanted to avoid people getting thrown off the Cell namely Roman Reigns and Elias.

- Seth Freakin Rollins I have to give him credit...he won Hell In A Cell by himself on his own with no help whatsoever. No Church members interfered and no interference from any of Edge's allies either. Hell In A Cell was clean.

- Daniel Bryan beats Morrison and now that he does, I can definitely see Bryan going for the WWE United States Championship or he goes for the WWE Universal Championship

- The MMA Horsewomen have the WWE Women's Championship in their possession now since Ronda Rousey just won the WWE Women's Championship beating Bayley for it. That arm of Bayley's is definitely broken. They put Kairi on the shelf. No doubt Bayley is on the shelf now too after that match.

- MMA Horsewomen may have lost the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship well Baszler and Natalya did to Charlotte Flair & Sasha Banks but that doesn't mean Shafir & Duke can't challenge for those titles

- Bianca Belair is still undefeated and now that she has beaten Ember Moon, a former WWE Women's Champion, it begs the question of where Bianca goes from here? Does she set her sights on Ronda for the WWE Women's Championship? Where does Ember go from here?

- Karrion Kross beats Braun Strowman in Last Man Standing...this match also brutal and barbaric but Kross going over definitely is the right call.

- Main Event Jey Uso in King of the Ring...I love it but Jey has his marching orders most likely from Roman which is to win the King of the Ring tournament

- Kross being named into King of the Ring makes sense...he is not a former World Champion so

- But now that Seth Rollins is WWE Universal Champion, he is a marked man. Because Edge is most likely on the shelf injured after this Cell match so we probably won't see Edge until Rumble most likely. That's my theory anyway. So if Edge is out, Seth Rollins is a marked man. Namely because of other superstars on the blue brand who can challenge him such as Roman Reigns my Tribal Chief who Rollins has history with. There's AJ Styles of The Club. Aleister Black who lost his title, I could go on and on. Big E who is Mr Money in the Bank he could use his briefcase on Rollins. There's Kevin Owens. So many guys who can challenge Rollins.

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Tg11

Reaction score
Now that No Mercy is over, we have King of the Ring to look forward to and I definitely can't wait to see the fallout of No Mercy on Smackdown and the build up towards King of the Ring on the blue brand but also the build up towards King of the Ring on the red brand over on RAW

But my Match card predictions for King of the Ring are as follows:

- WWE Championship (RAW Main Event)- Drew McIntyre (c) vs Swerve Strickland (Hurt Business)

- WWE Universal Championship (Smackdown Main Event)- Seth Rollins (c) vs Christian (Christian returns to WWE and he returns on the blue brand as a Smackdown superstar; Christian sets his sights on Rollins as revenge for Rollins putting Edge on the shelf inside Hell In A Cell)

- 2020 King of the Ring Final- Samoa Joe (Hurt Business) (RAW) vs Jey Uso (Bloodline) (Smackdown) (Inter Promotional Match)

- WWE Tag Team Championship- Fatal 4 Way Tag Team Match- Dominik Dijakovic & Shinsuke Nakamura (c) (Ungovernables) vs The Authors of Pain (Church of Rollins) vs Heavy Machinery (Tucker & Otis) vs Gallows & Anderson (The OC) w/Big Cass

- World Tag Team Championship- The New Day (Mr Money in the Bank Big E & Xavier Woods) (c) (double duty) vs The Hurt Business (Cedric Alexander & Shelton Benjamin) w/MVP

The rest of the matches on the card will be King of the Ring tournament matches

Tg11

Reaction score
Predictions on the brackets for King of the Ring (Round of 32)

Mansoor vs Jey Uso= Jey Uso
Ilja Dragunov vs Chad Gable= Chad Gable

Samoa Joe vs Rowe= Samoa Joe
Lio Rush vs Xavier Woods= Xavier Woods

Keith Lee vs Baron Corbin= Keith Lee
Johnny Gargano vs Cesaro= Cesaro

Dominik Dijakovic vs Matt Riddle= Matt Riddle

Tyler Bate vs Shinsuke Nakamura= Shinsuke Nakamura

Big E vs John Morrison= Big E
Tommaso Ciampa vs Trent Seven= Tommaso Ciampa

Zack Gibson vs Dominik Mysterio= Dominik Mysterio

Pete Dunne vs Angel Garza= Angel Garza

Karrion Kross vs Sami Zayn= Karrion Kross
Gran Metalik vs Santos Escobar= Gran Metalik

Buddy Murphy vs Ricochet= Buddy Murphy
Apollo Crews vs Drew Gulak= Drew Gulak

Tg11

Reaction score
Round of 16 for King of the Ring

Jey Uso vs Chad Gable= Jey Uso
Samoa Joe vs Xavier Woods= Samoa Joe

Keith Lee vs Cesaro= Keith Lee
Matt Riddle vs Shinsuke Nakamura= Shinsuke Nakamura

Big E vs Ciampa= Big E
Dominik Mysterio vs Angel Garza= Angel Garza

Karrion Kross vs Gran Metalik= Karrion Kross
Buddy Murphy vs Drew Gulak= Drew Gulak

Quarter Final (Last 8)

Jey Uso vs Samoa Joe= Samoa Joe
Keith Lee vs Shinsuke Nakamura= Keith Lee

Big E vs Angel Garza= Big E
Karrion Kross vs Drew Gulak= Karrion Kross

Final 4 (Semi Final)

Samoa Joe vs Keith Lee= Samoa Joe
Big E vs Karrion Kross= Karrion Kross

2020 King of the Ring Final

Karrion Kross vs Samoa Joe= Winner= King of the Ring Samoa Joe; Joe gets a title shot against the WWE Champion at Survivor Series

Tg11

Reaction score
Why do I get the feeling we get MMA Horsewomen vs The 4 Horsewomen inside War Games at Survivor Series and this is just the build up towards it?

Shayna Baszler the WWE Women's Universal Champion and the WWE Women's Champion Charlotte Flair in a Winner Takes All Match for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship...I wonder if the WWE Women's Championship & WWE Women's Universal Championship are also on the line in that match?

Natalya has lost yet another match since joining The MMA Horsewomen losing to Sasha Banks...no it seems Natalya is the weak link in their group

Lio Rush and Samoa Joe...fellow Hurt Business members could face each other in the Round of 16 of the King of the Ring tournament and then what? I just have a feeling if that happens The Hurt Business turn on Lio Rush and kick him out of the group

It seems The Hurt Business want the World Tag Team Championship...but then which members end up going for them?

McIntyre/Ziggler is bound to happen and if that happens, it makes sense because of the history between these 2 guys and if that happens, most likely won't happen until after Survivor Series...probably Starrcade

Ungovernables seem to be losing grip...they may no longer be the most dominant faction in WWE any more because Andrade is no longer in contention for the WWE Championship and he can't compete in the King of the Ring tournament either since he's a former World Champion so that excludes him. Plus Swerve has that match for the WWE Championship at King of the Ring and Swerve is a part of The Hurt Business. Garza lost his King of the Ring tournament match and so did Nakamura. Dijakovic is he still in the tournament? Cesaro it seems he's distancing himself from The Ungovernables and Dragunov is he still a part of the King of the Ring tournament?

I think The Street Profits end up feuding with The Hurt Business

Tg11

Reaction score
Looks like Cesaro is finally breaking free breaking away from The Ungovernables because there was no sign of them during NXT or they haven't been around for his matches so safe to say Cesaro is no longer an Ungovernables member...won a match on his own. Looks like a face turn from Cesaro. Bad guy gone good beating Johnny Gargano to advance in the King of the Ring tournament...this is huge

Keith Lee the NXT Champion beating Baron Corbin to advance...that is to be expected