WWE 2019: No Wildcards

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stojy

Reaction score
Honestly, I’m torn on the Drew/Swerve promo here. On one hand, it makes complete sense to give these two some screen time together after Swerve won the Beat The Clock challenge, but my issue is more with Drew getting the last word here. Telling Swerve you’re not ready and what are you going to do when you lose, and Swerve not having a response is not a good look for me. Because this does feel like a filler title feud for McIntyre against a mid carder/upper mid carder who has no chance just based on what Swerve has done so far in this BTB… So for this promo go the way it did, doesn’t really take away my concern. I think you need to look at making Swerve look really good in the coming weeks.

No issues here with K2 winning a tag team title shot. Logical booking with Melina getting involved to continue her problems with Micke and Alexa.

Sasha and Charlotte fuming over what happened on Smackdown makes sense. I guess random match with Yim and Jax will be a fine way to put them over as a team.

Really enjoyed the tag title scene in ring promo here. Started off pretty generic, with all the teams coming out and staking their claim, but MVP is awesome. AND the stuff with Woods in his own world, only to snap when MVP put him down and say they’ll take on all of them was awesome. Loving the progression here, still unsure of exactly how you’ll handle this angle, but definitely enjoying the ride.

Would have been a big fall from grace if The Ungovnernables lost that six man tonight. Glad that wasn’t the case.

Orton being pissed with things not really going his well works, and typical of the heel version of his character with just expecting opportunities to be gifted to him. Admittedly, I do feel sorry for Flash next week.

Ziggler promo was interesting to say the least. All the braggy stuff was fine regarding the open challenge, I just didn’t expect him to go so hard on McIntyre. Drew will surely have to respond at some point? Anyway, Riccochet is a good choice of opponent, and booking wise, the right call is for Dolph to win with more help from Omos. Big Show and Ali stopping the post match attack says that there’s more here. Can’t wait for Omos to squash Show.

NXT promos regarding KOTR were both solid enough as was Ciampa’s. Maybe a little weird for authority figures to reward Ciampa for his actions with a KOTR spot, but nice to have more hype for KOTR on the show either way.

Pretty relieved that Sami beat Corbin If I’m honest lol.

Sheamus making the challenge to Williams works for me. Liked the no nonsense style of this promo, Sheamus should always be booked as a bad ass.

A big announcement with Samoa Joe now being confirmed for the KOTR as well. The Hurt Business is still a relatively new arrangement so I’m hoping this will drag on for awhile, but I’m enjoying the tension between Joe and Swerve. I know you’ve got similar stuff going on with The Ungovernables to, and whilst it’s okay at this point, hoping they don’t ever cross over and become a bit to the same.

Banks and Flair just have to look good here so makes sense for them to win impressively, considering who they’re hunting. Nothing to much to add from a promo perspective here, with the MMA Horsewomen being pretty cookie cutter here.

Williams accepting Sheamus’ challenge gets a thumbs up from me.

Eh, not a big fan of the Barrett/Riccochet segment here. I don’t mind him being in KOTR, but I hate the idea of losers being rewarded with spots in the tournament. You should have to qualify, or the brackets should already be confirmed, not oh you lost but here’s a spot in the tournament anyway. Feel like it makes the tournament lose some of its lustre personally.

I’m all for Piper Niven squashes every week.

Eh, not big on Moss so whilst I feel like this will be used as a tool to put him over (which makes sense), I really want Breezango to beat him next week.

Nice win for The British Strong Style to bounce back from their loss at the pay per view. Intrigued to see what they’ll do as a group, don’t see an obvious path for them at the moment.

Nice confrontation between Nox and Yim to set up Dakota and Yim for next week. Dakota for World Champ plz.

Fine main event and a big win for Big E, who continues to look really strong, as he should being the MITB contract. Good to see a nice change up with Woods actually ending things on a positive tonight, even it it won’t last long. Not sure what’s next for Andrade after another loss either.

A few minor things I picked on, but a really solid show overall.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback as always and will take that into account for Swerve in the coming weeks on Raw. Now onto Smackdown that was finished writing wise about 2 weeks ago:

uVdy9NC.jpeg

fNaqJYF.jpeg

h00QXPB.jpeg

k8QQ0ay.jpeg

caDswkx.jpeg

SyGCVck.jpeg

wlPBW55.jpeg

eS0kzNu.jpeg

Rnnec7f.jpeg

7hN4TyC.jpeg

WZohCiJ.jpeg

1U2r7Mc.jpeg

fsqHEdO.jpeg

0RnYbyi.jpeg

YNABP0C.jpeg

DJsTlZ1.jpeg

8p9RVU6.jpeg

ugF8Ui3.jpeg

H1tKeP9.jpeg

TejZM6q.jpeg

85uHlmC.jpeg

6obG51r.jpeg

ReVw5d3.jpeg

tDqm2fa.jpeg

Tg11

Reaction score
- What was that? A pentagram...what does this mean?

- Edge with a Con Chair To to Aiden English after the match...what a damn shot...what a shot...Aiden English definitely has to be out of action. That was sick but a message definitely was sent to Rollins for Hell In A Cell. I can't wait.

- Rollins just let his disciple get taken out like that...he sacrificed English...but he still has Frazier, Kross and the AOP to back him up

- Karrion Kross and Braun Strowman in Last Man Standing...I can't wait for that collision

- I wonder if that is signs of a heel turn from Bayley? Because of her change in attitude...brushing past Kathy in such a rude tone backstage and then not flashing the 4 Horsewomen sign to Sasha or Charlotte especially when they, Mandy Rose and Xia Li made the save for her when the MMA Horsewomen tried to take her out

- A Tag Team Match instead...well makes sense since Roman is a part timer on a part time schedule so he won't be at No Mercy but The Usos will be and they face Rowe and Kevin Owens...that looks good

- Bianca Belair vs Ember Moon is also another match I can't wait for

I wonder if PPVs instead in this Diary will shift over to Saturdays including Survivor Series, Money in the Bank, SummerSlam, King of the Ring and Royal Rumble?

Last edited:

Tg11

Reaction score
Predictions Time for No Mercy

Pre Show Matches

1st- Apollo Crews vs Humberto Carrillo (Winner: Apollo Crews cementing Apollo's heel turn since he's been bordering on heel lately; this pay per view cements it)

2nd- Rey Mysterio vs Nathan Frazier (Winner: Rey Mysterio goes over Nathan Frazier here)

Main Card

- 1st- Chad Gable vs AJ Styles (Winner: AJ Styles via pinfall)

- 2nd- Bianca Belair vs Ember Moon (Winner: Bianca Belair via pinfall; Belair's push towards the main event in the Women's division continues as she goes over Ember a former WWE Women's Champion)

- 3rd- Daniel Bryan vs John Morrison (Winner: John Morrison via pinfall; carries momentum heading into King of the Ring seeing as how Morrison has never been a World Champion so he enters that tournament and Bryan cannot because he has been a former World Champion; Morrison wins with help not from Rowan but it will be someone else)

- 4th- WWE Women's Tag Team Championship- Sasha Banks & Charlotte Flair vs The MMA Horsewomen (Natalya & WWE Women's Universal Champion Shayna Baszler) (c) (Winners: Still WWE Women's Tag Team Champions Natalya & Shayna Baszler via submission; Sasha Banks taps out to the Kirifuda Clutch by Baszler; Natalya and Flair are not involved in the finish)

- 5th- Tag Team Match- Rowe & Kevin Owens vs The Usos (Winners: Rowe & Kevin Owens via pinfall; Owens pins Jimmy with Rowe not involved in the finish nor Jey)

- 6th- Last Man Standing- Karrion Kross vs Braun Strowman (Winner: Karrion Kross is the Last Man Standing; Strowman loses with an assist from Scarlett and the AOP)

- 7th- WWE Women's Championship- Bayley (c) vs Ronda Rousey (Winner: New WWE Women's Champion Ronda Rousey; Rousey wins by hook or by crook with her cronies getting involved in the finish; MMA Horsewomen have all the gold)

- 8th- Semi Main Event- WWE United States Championship- Finn Balor (c) vs Matt Riddle (Winner: Still WWE United States Champion Finn Balor via pinfall)

- 9th- Main Event- Hell In A Cell- WWE Universal Championship- Edge (c) vs Seth Rollins (Winner: Still WWE Universal Champion Edge; Edge wins his 2nd Hell In A Cell Match to retain)

1- Predict the match order- DONE

2- Longest match on the card- WWE Universal Championship Match Hell In A Cell- Edge/Rollins

3- Shortest match on the card- Tag Team Match- Rowe/Owens vs The Usos

4- Who takes the pinfall in the Tag Team Matches? Jimmy Uso eats the pinfall in the Tag Team Match with Kevin Owens being the one to pin him 1...2..3 and then in the Women's Tag Team Championship match Sasha Banks taps out to the Kirifuda Clutch by Baszler so no pinfall but a submission finish

5- Any surprise appearances? Yes inside Hell In A Cell; Christian gets involved somehow to help Edge beat Rollins; Beth Phoenix also shows up in Hell In A Cell as well as shows up in the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship match to get some retribution against Natalya

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Tg11

Reaction score
With Brock being gone from your diary, Heyman is going to need new clients but who you going to pair Heyman up with? We still don't know if Brock is guilty and if he's proven innocent, then what do you do with Brock in your diary then?

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
With Brock being gone from your diary, Heyman is going to need new clients but who you going to pair Heyman up with? We still don't know if Brock is guilty and if he's proven innocent, then what do you do with Brock in your diary then?
If it comes out Brock then I will potentially bring him back. I was actually kind of considering WM being me writing him off anyway so yeah. Paul Heyman is a good question and I do have plans for him at some point regarding a new client (spoiler it will not be Roman)

Reactions: Stojy and Tg11

Tg11

Reaction score
I already made my predictions but as far as the final 4 names to enter King of the Ring from the Smackdown brand

- Jey Uso because he's never been a World Champion

- Jimmy Uso because he too has never been a World Champion

- Big Cass of the Club because he too has never been Champion

- The final name being Chad Gable if he is not already in it then Matt Riddle

But this diary this upcoming PPV of No Mercy...will be the first one that is not under Vince McMahon's leadership and no sign or mention of Brock Lesnar either

So it begs the question of where the company goes from here in your diary? Does Stephanie take over? Or does Shane return and take his father's job as Chairman of this company? Or does Triple H take over? Or does Nick Khan?

Exciting times especially in this pandemic era

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I already made my predictions but as far as the final 4 names to enter King of the Ring from the Smackdown brand

- Jey Uso because he's never been a World Champion

- Jimmy Uso because he too has never been a World Champion

- Big Cass of the Club because he too has never been Champion

- The final name being Chad Gable if he is not already in it then Matt Riddle

But this diary this upcoming PPV of No Mercy...will be the first one that is not under Vince McMahon's leadership and no sign or mention of Brock Lesnar either

So it begs the question of where the company goes from here in your diary? Does Stephanie take over? Or does Shane return and take his father's job as Chairman of this company? Or does Triple H take over? Or does Nick Khan?

Exciting times especially in this pandemic era
Chad Gable and Matt Riddle are both announced so you can change that pick. Also in Universe I've never actually address Vince. He is gone and HHH is running it for now cause Nick Khan stuff won't have happened yet

Tg11

Reaction score
Chad Gable and Matt Riddle are both announced so you can change that pick. Also in Universe I've never actually address Vince. He is gone and HHH is running it for now cause Nick Khan stuff won't have happened yet
Even so glad that Vince won't be mentioned thank God for that and the 4th pick I will probably go with Rowan

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Yeah even before the FIRST allegations I had 0 interest in using Vince McMahon and was not planning on having him appear at all

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Alright starting off with the 9/21/20 RAW

Beat the Clock is usually one of my least favorite ways to determine a #1 contender (as it makes the losers generally look weak), but the losers here looked strong and got decent time.

Looks like another BTB setting up a version of Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen maybe? I like this MMA version better with Natayla added though as I never really got the big deal with Shafir and Duke other than their real life friendship with Ronda.

Good to see Tegan Nox get a win, I hope we can see a big push for her.

What a huge win for Swerve. A well booked Beat the Clock so far! Interesting to see Joe just fall short.

Onto Smackdown.

Wooo Asuka.

Alright maybe not Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen but I'm guessing all this is leading to a War Games match in the upcoming months. Poor Kairi. Very heavy emphasis on the women which is great.

Onto the next RAW.

McIntyre vs. Swerve is an interesting different direction for sure. I think with McIntyre getting such an edge in this first promo Swerve is going to have to have a hell of a showing come match time to prove he belongs (or, actually win the title).

I love me some King of the Ring and I'm excited to see what direction you take the tournament.

For the 10/2 Smackdown I was waiting for something to really push the Rollins-Edge feud and Edge taking out one of Rollins' guys in Aiden English helped.

Strowman-Kross looks like it may be a lot of fun. Nothing more intimidating than a guy flipping a car before a Last Man Standing Match. Lol at the poor guy seeing his car flipped.

A lot going on but a lot of fun here, No Mercy should be really good. (Note, I think you mean Newark, New Jersey, not Newmark).

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
No Mercy PREDICTIONS

Universal Title - Hell in a Cell
Edge

Edge has all the momentum and I think he's going to hold onto the title.

WWE Women's Title Match
Ronda Rousey

I think to restablish her dominance with the MMA Horsewomen faction that Ronda will come out on top.

United States Title Match
Finn Balor

Personal preference, can't stand Riddle

WWE Women's Tag Team Title Match
The MMA Horsewomen

I think it's gonna be the MMA Horsewomen show, so that when the big match happens Bayley, Charlotte, Sasha, etc. will get their revenge then

Last Man Standing
Karrion Kross

Feels like the more interesting of the two characters at the moment and will probably get more out of this win

Singles Match
Daniel Bryan

Singles Match
AJ Styles

Singles Match
Bianca Belair

Tag Team Match
The Usos

Singles Match
Nathan Frazier

Let's get an upset in there!

Singles Match
Apollo Crews

Sure why not.

Shortest Match: Crews vs. Humberto
Longest Match: Hell in a Cell
Falls in Tag Matches: Natayla over Charlotte, Jey over Rowe
Surprises: I really don't know. I'll be safe and just say no.
King of the Ring: Buddy Murphy, Dom Mysterio, John Morrison, Shinsuke Nakamura

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
No Mercy PREDICTIONS

Universal Title - Hell in a Cell
Edge

Edge has all the momentum and I think he's going to hold onto the title.

WWE Women's Title Match
Ronda Rousey

I think to restablish her dominance with the MMA Horsewomen faction that Ronda will come out on top.

United States Title Match
Finn Balor

Personal preference, can't stand Riddle

WWE Women's Tag Team Title Match
The MMA Horsewomen

I think it's gonna be the MMA Horsewomen show, so that when the big match happens Bayley, Charlotte, Sasha, etc. will get their revenge then

Last Man Standing
Karrion Kross

Feels like the more interesting of the two characters at the moment and will probably get more out of this win

Singles Match
Daniel Bryan

Singles Match
AJ Styles

Singles Match
Bianca Belair

Tag Team Match
The Usos

Singles Match
Nathan Frazier

Let's get an upset in there!

Singles Match
Apollo Crews

Sure why not.

Shortest Match: Crews vs. Humberto
Longest Match: Hell in a Cell
Falls in Tag Matches: Natayla over Charlotte, Jey over Rowe
Surprises: I really don't know. I'll be safe and just say no.
King of the Ring: Buddy Murphy, Dom Mysterio, John Morrison, Shinsuke Nakamura
Thanks for the predictions :) Just for clarity all 4 people named there are already confirmed for the King of the Ring so you can pick another 4 if you wish. The confirmed names are: Murphy, Gable, Dijakovic, Dom Mysterio, Gulak, Metalik, Morrison, Mansoor, Riddle and Nakamura. Also I will work on my place spellings as not American so didn't show up in spell check

Last edited: