WWE 2019: No Wildcards

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Main-event.jpeg

Reactions: Stojy

Tg11

Reaction score
Main Event definitely looked good or should I say decent especially since you had one of the members of The Church of Rollins, Nathan Frazier on the show. I was surprised he wasn't flanked by AOP or English.

Loved seeing Ricochet pick up a win and same goes for Morrison's wife Franky Monet

But what I really love now in this diary is Nakamura cutting his promos in Japanese with English subtitles like what are they doing with him in real life...only a matter of time before Nakamura uses the Red Mist

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Tg11

Reaction score
- I wonder if Ilja Dragunov and Cesaro end up being expelled from The Ungovernables? I mean there has been a lot of tension. I mean Cesaro doesn't want them getting involved in his match against Drew McIntyre for the WWE Championship at London Calling. He also doesn't want to see them anywhere near him on that day. Then Zelina makes a call to get Andrade back to replace Dragunov and tag with Garza to go after the World Tag Team Championship. I thought Andrade was suspended and wasn't allowed to return until after London Calling?

- The Hurt Business get their 1st win as a faction as they beat WWE Intercontinental Champion Sami Zayn, British Strong Style and John Cena...this is huge

- Samoa Joe wants the WWE Championship

- I still think it is stupid for Big E to wait until WrestleMania 37 to cash in his briefcase. Why? Because both Champions will be expecting him to cash in and they would be at full strength when they face him. Then if Big E loses, he will regret not cashing in early when he had the chance. I get wanting to do things the right way. Big difference between being honorable and being stupid.

- Kenny Williams & Noam Dar vs The Street Profits at London Calling...I can't wait

- The Miz vs Tommaso Ciampa feud is gonna happen just like in real life but flip side with a heel Ciampa and a babyface Miz...I can't wait

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
- I wonder if Ilja Dragunov and Cesaro end up being expelled from The Ungovernables? I mean there has been a lot of tension. I mean Cesaro doesn't want them getting involved in his match against Drew McIntyre for the WWE Championship at London Calling. He also doesn't want to see them anywhere near him on that day. Then Zelina makes a call to get Andrade back to replace Dragunov and tag with Garza to go after the World Tag Team Championship. I thought Andrade was suspended and wasn't allowed to return until after London Calling?

- The Hurt Business get their 1st win as a faction as they beat WWE Intercontinental Champion Sami Zayn, British Strong Style and John Cena...this is huge

- Samoa Joe wants the WWE Championship

- I still think it is stupid for Big E to wait until WrestleMania 37 to cash in his briefcase. Why? Because both Champions will be expecting him to cash in and they would be at full strength when they face him. Then if Big E loses, he will regret not cashing in early when he had the chance. I get wanting to do things the right way. Big difference between being honorable and being stupid.

- Kenny Williams & Noam Dar vs The Street Profits at London Calling...I can't wait

- The Miz vs Tommaso Ciampa feud is gonna happen just like in real life but flip side with a heel Ciampa and a babyface Miz...I can't wait
Andrade was only suspended for 3 weeks which allowed him to return in time for London Calling.

Reactions: Stojy and Tg11

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
News update:

Ashante Adonis out of action for 2 months with an ankle injury!

NXT superstar Ashante Adonis picked up an ankle injury on the latest NXT episode and will now be out of action for the next couple of months.

A-Kid out of action for 9 months with a torn calf

Another injury this time picked up on NXT UK was A-Kid tearing his calf. People see a lot of potential with A-Kid but feel the name and gimmick are not going to help him long term. Expect him to be repackaged upon his return.

Mod note: Honestly no plans for A-Kid on Raw or Smackdown any time soon so this works as an excuse to give him the better name and gimmick upon return.

Reactions: Stojy and Tg11

Tg11

Reaction score
- This is the only way this rivalry ends between Seth Rollins and Edge once and for all for the WWE Universal Championship...inside the Devil's playground, inside Satan's structure inside Hell In A Cell. No one can get into the Cell and no one can get out. It is just Edge and Seth inside there one on one mano e mano.

- Love the match stipulation because Hell In A Cell will be brutal and it is barbaric. Anything goes near damn you. We get weapons galore. Blood inside that Cell.

- But loved seeing Alpha Academy make the save for Daniel Bryan when it looked like Nakamura, Dijakovic, Morrison and Rowan would destroy him 4 on 1 but Gable, Gulak and Riddle making the save was a great move

- Born to Fly out of all teams become the #1 Contenders for the WWE Tag Team Championship...Jeff Hardy & Mansoor going up against Dijakovic and Nakamura for those titles, I can't wait

- Shane Thorne beating John Morrison is a damn upset...what an upset victory but it is because of Daniel Bryan let's be honest. Bryan interfered in this match because Morrison interfered in his match earlier on in the night when Bryan was facing one half of the WWE Tag Team Champions in Nakamura.

- Karrion Kross and Braun Strowman destroying each other...like 2 monster trucks colliding or like King Kong going up against Godzilla here with these 2 monsters going at it and sacrificing their own bodies...I can only imagine what kind of shape these guys are in after that

Tg11

Reaction score
Predictions for London Calling

Match Order Including Pre Show

Pre Show

1- Tag Team Match- The Subculture vs The One Twos (Winners: Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan- The One Twos)

2- Tag Team Match- Noam Dar & Kenny Williams vs The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford) (Winners: The Street Profits)

Main Card (Main Show)

1- Trios Match- British Strong Style (Trent Seven, Pete Dunne & Tyler Bate) vs The Hurt Business (Swerve Strickland, Cedric Alexander & Shelton Benjamin) (Winners: The Hurt Business doing it in British Strong Style's home country...in their home town giving The Hurt Business major heat to start the show)

2- WWE Cruiserweight Championship- Dolph Ziggler w/Omos (c) vs Mustafa Ali w/Big Show (Winner: Still WWE Cruiserweight Champion Dolph Ziggler; Ziggler & Omos very well could go for the World Tag Team Championship especially after this win)

3- Grudge Match- Charlotte Flair vs Natalya (Winner: Charlotte Flair; via submission...makes Natalya tap out to the Figure 8)

4- WWE Intercontinental Championship- Sami Zayn (c) vs Lio Rush (Winner: Still WWE Intercontinental Champion Sami Zayn; I still have Sami dropping the title to a Hurt Business member but it's not Lio...it will either be Swerve who wins the title or EJ Nduka who dethrones Sami for it)

5- Grudge Match- Tommaso Ciampa vs The Miz (Winner: Tommaso Ciampa; just adding to Ciampa's push since he just burst on to the scene on the main roster from NXT; beating Miz establishes him on the main roster)

6- World Tag Team Championship- The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods) vs The Ungovernables (Andrade Cien Almas & Angel Garza) (Winners: Still World Tag Team Champions The New Day; this just further adds to the tension of the group The Ungovernables and the grip they have on RAW with The Hurt Business already being here and the MMA Horsewomen...Big E Mr Money in the Bank with an assist to his boys using his MITB briefcase as a weapon)

7- WWE Women's Universal Championship- Piper Niven (home advantage being on her side of the pond) vs Shayna Baszler (c) (Winner: Still WWE Women's Universal Champion Shayna Baszler; to get ultimate heat on Shayna especially with her cronies helping her to get the job done despite Piper having back up in Charlotte and company, she still loses)

8- (Semi Main Event)- First Time Ever- Samoa Joe vs John Cena (Winner: Samoa Joe; further cementing Joe as a future main event guy as he then turns his attention to the WWE Championship with Cena putting Joe over; Cena goes back to Hollywood)

9- (Main Event)- WWE Championship- Drew McIntyre (home advantage as the champion being in the UK) (c) vs Cesaro (Winner: Still WWE Champion Drew McIntyre; Cesaro after the match gets turned on by his fellow Ungovernables members Andrade, Angel, Zelina and even Dragunov as they turn on him; he gets kicked out of the group leaving him laying in the middle of the ring as that is the last image we get to end the PPV)

1- Predictions including Match order= DONE

2- Longest match of the show= WWE Women's Universal Championship between Piper Niven & Shayna Baszler

3- Shortest match of the show= Tommaso Ciampa vs The Miz

4- Will there be any surprise returns or interference? Yes but it will be Beth Phoenix interfering in Charlotte Flair/Natalya even if Beth doesn't appear, her music playing will be enough to distract Natalya as Charlotte takes advantage to get the victory but if Beth does show up, it will be to get retribution on Natalya for her costing Beth her career.

Another surprise return from Randy Orton as Orton hasn't been seen since SummerSlam where he lost to Sami Zayn in 3 Stages of Hell for the IC Title...Orton could attack McIntyre to reignite that rivalry with Orton setting his sights back on the WWE Championship

5- Who gets pinned in the Tag Team Matches= Swerve pins Trent Seven in the Trios Match and Xavier pins Garza to retain the World Tag Team Championship (on main show only...pre show I don't count)

6- How many matches end in submission= 1 match...Charlotte Flair makes Natalya tap out in their match but Piper Niven passes out in the Kirifuda Clutch...she never taps out but passes out so that would be a way of KO and John Cena passes out in the Coquina Clutch as Joe chokes Cena out...Cena does not tap but passes out

7- The four names from NXT that end up in the King of the Ring tournament will be: Adam Cole of the Undisputed Era, Johnny Gargano, Damian Priest and Killian Dain

8- 0 titles changes hands and the Money in the Bank briefcase is not cashed in

Last edited:

Stojy

Reaction score
I’ve finally caught up in here and just want to say I’ve enjoyed the build to London Calling quite a bit…

WWE Title Match

Drew McIntyre (c)
vs. Cesaro

I think Drew wins here. Not sure how his title reign ends but it’s not tonight. Drew wins and Cesaro continues his eventual split from The Ungovernables without the WWE Title in his possession. As a matter of fact, a loss here will most likely add fuel to the fire with Andrade likely to be cocky about it, especially if my predictions lower in the card come true.

Womens Universal Championship Match

Shayna Baszler (c)
vs. Piper Niven

Really enjoying the MMA Horsewomen stuff in general. A big staple of your shows, and it’s interesting to see all the other characters reacting to them in their own ways. Niven feels a bit rushed to be in this position and I don’t think she’s the right person to dethrone Shayna so Baszler retains.

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match

Sami Zayn (c)
vs. Lio Rush

Sami’s reign is still relatively fresh, and expect him to have a lengthy reign as fighting champion, especially after his big win over Orton at Summerslam.

World Tag Team Championship Match

The New Day (c) vs. The Ungovernables

Sole title change of the night here for me. Andrade and Angel win to give them bragging rights over Ilja and more importantly, Cesaro. This will add fuel to The Ungovernable split, with Cesaro losing and Andrade winning. Meanwhile, Woods takes the fall here to continue his self doubt angle.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match

Dolph Ziggler (c)
vs. Mustafa Ali

Dolph wins here. Smart booking to include Show in the mix here to level things out, but I fully expect Dolph to win, and OMOS to fucking destroy Big Show to further cement himself as a monster as well. This one is actually potentially more about putting OMOS over than Ziggler.

Dream Match

John Cena vs. Samoa Joe

After Joe’s huge win over Lesnar, can’t have him do anything but beat a part timer here even if it is somebody as awesome as Cena. Joe wins, and after the epic stare down with McIntyre, I can only be excited with what’s to come.

Singles Match

Charlotte Flair
vs. Natalya

This will be the first somewhat big loss for the MMA Horsewomen in recent time. Makes sense to run with the tag title match at No Mercy, and Natalya losing doesn’t hurt them as much as Shayna or Ronda losing would. By the way, really enjoyed the way you booked the Nattie/Beth stuff so kudos for that.

Singles Match

The Miz
vs. Tommaso Ciampa

Going out on a limb here and saying Miz wins by DQ as Ciampa gets carried away and wants to make sure he earns that Morrison pay check. More from these two down the line.

Trios Match

British Strong Style vs. The Hurt Business

The Hurt Business truly feels like THE faction on Raw at the moment so I’d expect them to win here.

PRE SHOW

Tag Team Match

Noam Dar and Kenny Williams vs. The Street Profits

TSP feels like a team who could contend for tag titles. I don’t necessarily get that with Dar and Williams.

Tag Team Match

Subculture
vs. The One Twos

Subculture need to look good on their debut

Predict the winners of each match: Done

Predict match order: I hate predicting match order, not about to start here

Longest match: McIntyre/Cesaro

Shortest match: Miz/Ciampa but fuck I’d mark if you went with Joe squashing Cena

Titles changing hands: One

Who takes the fall in tag team and trios match: Woods in tag, Bate in trios

NXT KOTR competitors: Cameron Grimes, Johnny Gargano, Santos Escobar and Kyle O’Reily

Surprise Appearance: Ric Flair makes an appearance to get revenge and help Charlotte win

Tg11

Reaction score
Even if Andrade & Garza by some miracle win the World Tag Team Championship they do realize they won't just have The New Day to deal with, they will have The Hurt Business to deal with too especially if MVPs guys set their sights on the Tag Titles as well. Then you also have teams like The Street Profits, Omos & WWE Cruiserweight Champion Dolph Ziggler especially if they set their sights on the titles as well as British Strong Style...so many Tag Teams on this brand

Xavier Woods let's say if he did win King of the Ring, it would be the upset of the century if he did that. But the winner of the King of the Ring tournament gets a WWE or WWE Universal Championship match at Survivor Series so think about what that does for Woods if that happens

Big E who is Mr Money in the Bank is also in the tournament...think about if Big E wins, he essentially has 2 chances at being Champion because he gets that title match and he would have the briefcase in his back pocket as insurance especially if he changed his mind on cashing in

British Strong Style in their home town in their home country of England specifically London for this PPV...they are going to get cheered loudly that's for sure especially when they face Hurt Business members Swerve Strickland, Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin

Hurt Business...Business Is Boomin!!! I can't wait to see the takeover of this brand and it starts tonight because The Ungovernables have been on top for too long. It is about time a new faction rises up and that of course is The Hurt Business. Strength in numbers. Joe if he beats Cena tonight he even said himself he's going to be gunning for Drew McIntyre or Cesaro whoever wins that WWE Championship match. Lio Rush going for the IC Title against Sami Zayn...I just can't see him doing it...now EJ Nduka on the other hand the newcomer I could see him being the guy to dethrone Sami in this group. Lio is the weak link in this group and I can see him getting kicked out of the group first.

I can't wait to see Tommaso Ciampa make his main roster PPV debut now that he's no longer in NXT and is on RAW now facing a future first ballot Hall of Famer in The Miz...think about what a win over The Miz does for Ciampa going forward...it catapults him towards the WWE Intercontinental Championship or even the WWE Championship

Street Profits in their return together as a Tag team beat Kenny Williams & Noam Dar...that just puts them right back in contention for those World Tag Team Championships so I wonder what happens there?

One Twos losing to Subculture is a surprise