WWE 2019: No Wildcards

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
- Cesaro said no matter who won the WWE Championship match at SummerSlam that he would be waiting and Drew McIntyre is still WWE Champion...Cesaro basically making it clear he is not a part of The Ungovernables anymore. I mean not in so many words but it looks like he's breaking away from the faction and going out on his own. So if we get Cesaro vs McIntyre for the WWE Championship at London Calling, I don't have a problem with that either. It makes for one hell of a main event in London, England and McIntyre in the UK will be cheered. It is essentially on home ground even though Drew is from Scotland but he essentially has home advantage.

- Seems like the Women's Tag Team division on RAW is heating up with The Twisted Sisters and The Riott Squad on RAW

- Ilja Dragunov and Angel Garza may be the team that faces The New Day at London Calling for the World Tag Team Championships especially since we saw how well they work together against Breezango...plus it can't be Dijakovic & Nakamura because they are on Smackdown as Smackdown superstars exclusive to Smackdown so that rules them out

- Miz wants the WWE Intercontinental Championship still even after he got rid of John Morrison...Miz in this diary is a 9 time WWE Intercontinental Champion so he wants a 10th reign to beat Jericho's record since he and Jericho are tied with 9 IC Titles...so that would set Miz on a collision course with Sami Zayn and Sami currently is IC Champion right now

- Alexa Bliss has a history of turning on her tag team partners so how can we be so sure she wouldn't turn on Mickie James especially if the opportunity presented itself?

- Melina vs Alexa Bliss is still a match I wanna see but I definitely wanna see Melina/Mickie too especially in this current era

- Sami after he beat Orton to retain his WWE Intercontinental Championship and then beats Jinder Mahal the next night on RAW, it begs the question of where Sami Zayn goes from here?

- Plus we haven't seen Orton since last night so it makes me wonder if The Viper sets his sights on the WWE Championship? Meaning he sets his sights on Drew McIntyre next?

- Hurt Business introduce a new member into their ranks and this new member, the diamond in the rough the future of this business EJ Nduka and he is their 5th member now...you have MVP as their manager/mouthpiece and then you have Samoa Joe as the leader, Shelton Benjamin & Lio Rush as the tag team, Swerve Strickland, Cedric Alexander and now EJ Nduka... that's 7 guys. Don't you think 7 is overkill?

- EJ Nduka in his 1st match he gets to go up against arguably the greatest of all time, in John Cena. That is a huge way to make your debut. But isn't that throwing him into the fire too early?

- But for me Samoa Joe vs John Cena at London Calling is a Dream Match because it has never ever happened. Both men icons in this business. Plus Joe has been on a tear first beating Brock at SummerSlam and now he goes up against another GOAT in Cena...this actually makes Joe an even bigger deal main event wise.

- Montez Ford we haven't seen him in months especially when he was taken out by The Church of Rollins and put on the shelf but now that he is back, his first match back and he beats Baron Corbin. What a way to make your return but now that The Profits are back, I wonder if they set their sights on the World Tag Team Championships and set up New Day/Street Profits?

- Beth Phoenix I don't think she's truly done...my theory is that we still get Beth Phoenix vs Natalya but it won't happen until WrestleMania and how it happens: Royal Rumble in the Women's Royal Rumble Match Beth Phoenix comes in as a surprise entrant and she eliminates Natalya from the match to set up their Mania match which is what I think this builds towards

- Piper Niven setting her sights on the WWE Women's Universal Championship by setting her sights on Shayna Baszler...I mean isn't Piper technically a heel and she's facing another heel? But yeah Piper Niven wants this match because of it being in the UK. I totally get that. And Niven was a champion in NXT UK. So she essentially has home advantage. But Shayna with her title reign it may be in serious jeopardy. Why? Piper Niven is different from any opponent Shayna has ever faced. Piper is much bigger and stronger than Shayna for one thing. Size disparity is the biggest factor so Shayna has to be an underdog even though she is the champion. But then again the Horsewomen easily could interfere in this match and help Shayna to retain. So numbers game to consider.

- Natalya joining the MMA Horsewomen as its newest member...I still can't get over it. Like probably one of the most shocking heel turns ever. Natalya getting booed in her own home country especially getting booed in Toronto mercilessly. The fans really letting her have it because she not only joined the MMA Horsewomen but is the reason why Beth's career is over. Just look at the massive heel heat she's getting. This probably is the best thing to happen to Natalya's career because by doing this, it actually makes her a much bigger deal and she can be pushed as a main eventer in the Women's division. She is wrestling royalty, a 3rd generation superstar coming from one of the most sacred wrestling families in the Hart family. Her grandfather being Stu Hart. Her father being WWE Hall of Famer the late Jim the Anvil Neidhart. Her uncles being 2 time WWE Hall of Famer a GOAT in Bret The Hitman Hart, the King of Harts the late Owen Hart, and her other uncle Davey Boy Smith The British Bulldog. She had to grow up in all their shadows basically her whole life but despite all of that she has become a star in this business. Now that she has aligned herself with the Horsewomen, she can be an even bigger star.

Just to address a few things:

It is Shelton Benjamin fighting Cena on the next show not EJ Nduka. It would 100% be throwing him in at the deep end. On the 7 people in the faction, I am hoping it won't end up being but I have put all 7 for a reason. EJ Nduka at least early on is going to be mostly there as muscle rather than wrestling except a very rare multi-man if EWR does an injury or a story suits it. Also Piper is a babyface and has been since her debut feud with Nia Jax

DTP

Reaction score
Let's see what's cooking with SummerSlam.
I'm kind of split on the presentation, if I'm honest. I feel like the old format looked a lot better and was far more visually appealing. I suspect you write from WordPad, then screenshot and crop for posting on the forum.

On the Kickoff Show, Team Kick getting the next opportunity at the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship made the most sense of the four teams in here. It was nice to see Dominik Mysterio get to make his debut, but feels bad to see them squandered in the pre-show match. Nonetheless, it can build to better things. It's nice seeing Nathan Frazier in the mix of Seth Rollins' Church. I've no doubt that Swerve Strickland and Ricochet would have a killer fast-paced match, and it worked well in the finite slot on the show preluding SummerSlam. The right man won, but hopefully you can figure something out for Ricochet in the future.

On the main card, really nice idea to have the WWE United States Championship match go on first. Chad Gable and Finn Bálor is a match I would never have even thought of, but can just tell it would have been a strong opening contest to the main show. Intrigued by Finn's affiliation with Buddy Murphy, but anticipate it has something to do with your version of the Club perhaps.

It was nice to see the New Day get another WWE Tag Team Championship reign over Cesaro and Ilja Dragunov. It read really nicely, like a chase had paid off in victory.

Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns have their track record of great matches, and this was probably no exception. I liked the Viking Raiders being involved here to counterbalance Reigns having the Usos with him. It's unique to see Roman adopt the Head of the Table gimmick so early. I'm just glad it went shy of ten minutes.

The WWE Women's Universal Championship match was framed perfectly, with Beth Phoenix having pre-match comments with Edge in the concerned husband role. Shayna Baszler looks like a killer alongside the Four Horsewomen, and her being responsible for ending Beth's in-ring career was really nicely done. Natalya coming to her aid makes sense, and being in Canada there's double the positive - but with that said, I don't know how credible I think Nattie is to be the one to dethrone Shayna.

Ooft, Sami Zayn and Randy Orton would have been awesome. It read like a great WWE Intercontinental Championship match, and perhaps the more surprising thing was reading Sami got the win. The finish sounded neckbreaking, which is disastrous for Orton. Either way, it protected him pretty well and served Sami's persona even better.

Aleister Black's promo for Seth Rollins was well written.

Bayley recapturing the WWE Women's World Championship was great, and I think she and Ember Moon would have had an excellent match. I don't know if I dig it going as long as it did, but it made the title feel all the more important, regardless.

Brock Lesnar and Samoa Joe had a strong match at Great Balls of Fire 2017, and I'll bet this was no different. Was shocked to see Joe beat Brock, almost like this was some sort of passing of the torch. I do think there are legs to Brock having a face run looking to make Joe tap out, though. Realistic? Maybe not. But it's compelling! The time was realistic, anyway.

Sasha Banks beating Trish Stratus sounded like a hoot, and again reiterated the fact that we're in a new era. It's a night of surprising finishes, especially with SummerSlam being in Canada.

Drew McIntyre retaining the WWE World Championship against Andrade Almas was a fine decision. Fun fact, I actually pegged this match myself for SummerSlam 2020 initially. It did read overbooked, but considering the story, I don't think that's necessarily of detriment. It read like the main event, is all I'll say.

An epic write-up for the main event, which read almost like the WWE World Championship match. Edge leaving SummerSlam in his home country as WWE Universal Champion worked well and was deserving of headlining the show, even when it came with the help of Christian. The low-hanging fruit is there when it comes to the long-term for Christian and Edge, but hopefully you don't go down that route. Aleister Black and Seth Rollins being also in this mix is spicy, and the top of the card on SmackDown just looks so appealing right now.

Overall, SummerSlam had many, many highlights and was a great Big 4 event. I feel like the match ordering could have been laid out a little different, but that aside it served its' purpose and blew off a handful of angles.

Tg11

Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out the rest of the PPV schedule here in this diary

Because I know September we have London Calling which is a RAW PPV and Smackdown has which PPV again?

Then October what are the PPVs again?

Because I know November we have King of the Ring which is RAW and Smackdown and then Survivor Series which is RAW and Smackdown which is like weeks later

Then December we have Starrcade I think right and then Roadblock

Then January of course is Royal Rumble that much I know

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out the rest of the PPV schedule here in this diary

Because I know September we have London Calling which is a RAW PPV and Smackdown has which PPV again?

Then October what are the PPVs again?

Because I know November we have King of the Ring which is RAW and Smackdown and then Survivor Series which is RAW and Smackdown which is like weeks later

Then December we have Starrcade I think right and then Roadblock

Then January of course is Royal Rumble that much I know

Here are the remaining PPVs up till WM 37 :) :

London Calling
September 20th

No Mercy
October 4th

King of the Ring
November 1st

Survivor Series
November 22nd

Starrcade
December 20th

New Year's Revolution:

January 3rd

Royal Rumble
January 31st

Fastlane
February 21st

Roadblock
March 7th

Wrestlemania 37
March 27th and March 28th

Tg11

Reaction score
Thank you...now it makes it easier to follow along so now that RAW is building towards London Calling...I definitely can't wait to see the build up towards Smackdown's pay per view of No Mercy in October especially now that Edge is WWE Universal Champion and he is going to have to defend that title at No Mercy but against who?

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
jeVA2tG.jpg

vhBGDjZ.jpg

WMVPUij.jpg

ladwnCC.jpg

KXIkzca.jpg

2rI3hDh.jpg

3B1FWsW.jpg

6Epfafl.jpg

cnXAgRn.jpg

BMis6wl.jpg

u8T7DEe.jpg

woVKfgg.jpg

ct8umeb.jpg

95Ssb0I.jpg

xM6pF1C.jpg

I0uV2EV.jpg

0bxoA9r.jpg

iEQzRWP.jpg

FbbaLPG.jpg

EeXaoAe.jpg

tq4wYOH.jpg

VR1exlx.jpg

pHVPqLL.jpg

Reactions: Stojy, RDT and Tg11

Tg11

Reaction score
- Seth Rollins clearly wants the WWE Universal Championship...hell he's obsessed with getting it back

- Edge as a 12 time World Champion...I love it and with Edge as champion again it is like he gets to be champion like he should have been in 2011 before it was all taken away and he had to be forced to medically retire...but he fought his way back after years of being gone and fought back to get this back...all of it and now he's WWE Universal Champion

- Rey Mysterio vs Jeff Hardy in a #1 Contenders Match...winner faces Edge for the WWE Universal Championship at No Mercy I'm guessing but if that is the case, how do we know Rollins won't just interject himself into that match to make it a Triple Threat?

- Edge has history with both Rey and Jeff that dates back to 2007-09 so to see old rivalries reignited potentially gives me that nostalgia

- I think Trish Stratus and Lita both end up returning to WWE television at Royal Rumble and they both return in the Women's Royal Rumble Match as surprise entrants

- Strowman literally squashes Carrillo but with him doing that, it begs the question of what is next for Braun or who is next for him?

- I still don't get Karrion Kross & Scarlett joining Rollins or his Church when either of them don't even need Rollins' faction... Kross was practically a monster anyway who only lost maybe a couple of times since coming on to the main roster in this diary with Scarlett so again you're going to have to make it make sense for me

- It is clear Sasha Banks has problems with the MMA Horsewomen but so do Bayley the WWE Women's Champion, Kairi Sane also has problems with them because of Bayley being her best friend and Bayley for obvious reasons because not only is she the champion but Ronda Rousey is the major crux of all of this. But then again Ember Moon has her problems with The Horsewomen also. It seems The Horsewomen have their fair share of enemies on both brands.

- Bayley obviously doesn't trust Sasha for obvious reasons as she shouldn't but the enemy of my enemy is my friend...and they all share a common enemy that being Ronda Rousey

- Tamina may as well join The Bloodline because she too is Roman, Jimmy and Jey's cousin and she is Naomi's cousin in law so they are all family... Bloodline runs deep in this business

- A 6 Man Tag Team Match with The Bloodline taking on Owens, Hanson & Rowe I actually like this

- Buddy Murphy joining The Club...I actually get that but now that Balor is WWE United States Champion he has to defend that title against Gable sooner or later

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Tg11

Reaction score
Tay Conti getting injured...that puts her out until Survivor Series

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Tg11

Reaction score
But Cesaro it remains to be seen if he is still an Ungovernables member or not...but if he is, then think about this. Really think about this. Imagine if Cesaro does what Andrade couldn't and he wins the WWE Championship dethroning Drew McIntyre. This is similar to Evolution in a sense. Think about the parallels. Orton back in 2004 becomes #1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Championship and he faces Chris Benoit, the champion. Then Orton ends up beating Benoit for the championship and then what happens? Triple H, Flair and Batista end up turning on him and he essentially gets kicked out of Evolution.

With Cesaro being #1 Contender, wouldn't the Ungovernables see that as a betrayal? Considering Andrade is the leader of that faction and he ended up losing at SummerSlam to McIntyre and Cesaro does the 1 thing that Andrade couldn't. And considering the tension between Cesaro and Andrade has been building and building, I'm surprised that The Ungovernables didn't turn on him already. Unless you build towards that. If you do, then it makes sense except Andrade is still suspended.

But then McIntyre he has been a fighting champion defending his WWE Championship since WrestleMania 36 in this diary where he dethroned Roman who was champion at the time. So been champion since April... that's 5 months...I just can't see McIntyre losing the title just yet.

And as far as the King of the Ring tournament which is slated for the King of the Ring pay per view in November, I love the fact that you get RAW and Smackdown superstars in this tournament especially superstars who have never been WWE or WWE Universal Champion. Why? Because you create more main event level talent this way especially in the Men's division. Similar to how this tournament was set up in the 90s and early 2000s. The winner of that tournament would always get a title match but I wonder if NXT superstars will also be a part of this tournament or superstars from NXT UK?

With Natalya turning heel and aligning herself with the MMA Horsewomen, will she adopt her late uncle Owen's moniker of being The Black Hart of her family? Hopefully this is the start of you taking Natalya more seriously as a talent because she's a former WWE Women's Champion former Divas Champion multi time WWE Women's Tag Team Champion she should be a main event in the Women's division especially being a Hart being a 3rd generation superstar coming from that lineage of wrestlers like Owen, like Bret, like her father The Anvil, like Davey Boy

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
But Cesaro it remains to be seen if he is still an Ungovernables member or not...but if he is, then think about this. Really think about this. Imagine if Cesaro does what Andrade couldn't and he wins the WWE Championship dethroning Drew McIntyre. This is similar to Evolution in a sense. Think about the parallels. Orton back in 2004 becomes #1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Championship and he faces Chris Benoit, the champion. Then Orton ends up beating Benoit for the championship and then what happens? Triple H, Flair and Batista end up turning on him and he essentially gets kicked out of Evolution.

With Cesaro being #1 Contender, wouldn't the Ungovernables see that as a betrayal? Considering Andrade is the leader of that faction and he ended up losing at SummerSlam to McIntyre and Cesaro does the 1 thing that Andrade couldn't. And considering the tension between Cesaro and Andrade has been building and building, I'm surprised that The Ungovernables didn't turn on him already. Unless you build towards that. If you do, then it makes sense except Andrade is still suspended.

But then McIntyre he has been a fighting champion defending his WWE Championship since WrestleMania 36 in this diary where he dethroned Roman who was champion at the time. So been champion since April... that's 5 months...I just can't see McIntyre losing the title just yet.

And as far as the King of the Ring tournament which is slated for the King of the Ring pay per view in November, I love the fact that you get RAW and Smackdown superstars in this tournament especially superstars who have never been WWE or WWE Universal Champion. Why? Because you create more main event level talent this way especially in the Men's division. Similar to how this tournament was set up in the 90s and early 2000s. The winner of that tournament would always get a title match but I wonder if NXT superstars will also be a part of this tournament or superstars from NXT UK?

With Natalya turning heel and aligning herself with the MMA Horsewomen, will she adopt her late uncle Owen's moniker of being The Black Hart of her family? Hopefully this is the start of you taking Natalya more seriously as a talent because she's a former WWE Women's Champion former Divas Champion multi time WWE Women's Tag Team Champion she should be a main event in the Women's division especially being a Hart being a 3rd generation superstar coming from that lineage of wrestlers like Owen, like Bret, like her father The Anvil, like Davey Boy

On the King of the Ring, I can confirm there is planned to be a 4 names from NXT/NXT UK in the King of the Ring tournament coming soon and I've already written out the brackets plus know the planned path (unless EWR fucks me lol)

Tg11

Reaction score
- I wonder who it was that attacked The Miz or better yet who was wearing that skull mask?

- John Cena & Samoa Joe's history goes back a long way and seeing you display their history like this...I love it because this Joe/Cena match this dream match is a First Time Ever match and at London Calling I can't wait to see it

- Cena in the main event beats Shelton Benjamin...an OVW connected main event because Cena and Shelton have a history too that dates back to OVW but I wonder if because of the loss Joe kicks Shelton out of The Hurt Business?

- A Fatal 4 Way #1 Contenders Match...winner faces The Miz for the WWE Intercontinental Championship at London Calling...and the 4 guys being Oney Lorcan, Lio Rush, Tyler Breeze and The Miz...I think Miz wins

- Street Profits want the World Tag Team Championships but if it sets up New Day/Street Profits then I don't have a problem with that

- Hurt Business... Business Is Booming!!! I love it because if there is a group who can be the premier group here on RAW it is The Hurt Business

- But The Hurt Business are a group I can see dripping in gold

- But imagine if Cesaro wins the title though and Andrade comes back... I'm thinking The Ungovernables end up kicking him out of the group and they turn on him similar to Orton/HHH in Evolution

Last edited:

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
News update:

Dakota Kai out of action for 1 month:
Dakota Kai on Raw this week picked up a slight muscle strain in the tag team title match against the MMA Horsewomen and will have to take around a month off TV. The injury is said to not be long term and she should return to being a prominent part of the Raw Women’s division soon.

Mod note: Well quite glad it is just a short-term injury

Tg11

Reaction score
With Dakota Kai out of action what happens to Team Kick?