WWE 2019: No Wildcards

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tg11

Reaction score
- Starrcade and you had so many WCW legends show up here like Nature Boy Ric Flair, DDP, Booker T, Kevin Nash & Scott Hall (RIP) and Alex Wright of all people which shocked me more than anything

- Charlotte Flair, the Flair name being synonymous with Starrcade since it was a WCW event, she main events Starrcade and goes on last with Shayna Baszler for the WWE Women's Universal Championship...Definitely did not expect that match to go on last

- Charlotte Flair becomes a 9 time WWE Women's Champion here beating Baszler in the main event...but I mean The MMA Horsewomen lose yet another title in their faction. First Ronda loses the WWE Women's Championship to Asuka on a Smackdown episode and then now Baszler loses her WWE Women's Universal Championship. The only titles the MMA Horsewomen have left are the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship but for how much longer? But with the WWE Women's Championship there is the Freebird rule so the faction can still float around between shows even though they are on opposite brands technically.

- Loved Charlotte celebrating with her dad 2 time WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair and with the rest of her family like her sisters, brother, I'm sure she has nieces and nephews too who she was celebrating with and Team Kick coming out too to celebrate with her was unexpected

- Big E Mr Money in the Bank he beats his childhood hero, his idol Bill Goldberg WWE Hall of Famer. He not only beats Goldberg but beats him with his own move too on top of it. Post match Goldberg & Big E had a moment and it looked like Goldberg passed the torch to Big E. Big E is a future WWE or WWE Universal Champion. I mean that briefcase is his golden ticket.

- I called it...yet again...Swerve Strickland becomes WWE Intercontinental Champion by dethroning Sami Zayn and he did it on his own no help at all from any Hurt Business member. He lived up to his word and got the job done. Now The Hurt Business have all the gold on RAW. Seeing them all dripped in gold reminds me of Evolution at Armageddon 2003 especially with that celebration.

- Business will be booming on RAW...the RAW after Starrcade and the Hurt Business probably all decked out in their finest suits/tuxedos with Championship gold and them celebrating with liquor and women

- Saw some tension between the MMA Horsewomen after Natalya's loss and Ronda getting in people's faces namely Baszler...something is bound to pop off. Either Ronda gets kicked out of her own group and the faction turn on her. Or Shayna gets kicked out of the group and the other members turn on her. I just sense this from a mile away. One of them has to go.

- Rhea Ripley the newcomer with yet another win beating Natalya of the MMA Horsewomen...this has to put Rhea over huge. But I just figured out of WCW legends we would have seen Natalya's uncle 2 time WWE Hall of Famer Bret The Hitman Hart because he too was also a part of Starrcade back in the day.

- Mustafa Ali beating Ziggler in I Quit...I definitely called that as well but with this, where does Ali go from here? Does he set his sights on the WWE Cruiserweight Championship again? Or does he go after the WWE Intercontinental Championship this time?

- Last Man Standing was brutal and barbaric but seeing Samoa Joe retain the WWE Championship in Last Man Standing and he did it on his own, no help from The Hurt Business at all, winning this match clean. It just shows that The Hurt Business win their matches decisively and cleanly unlike other factions.

- But it begs the question of who Joe's next title defense is because next pay per view is Royal Rumble 2021

- Drew McIntyre had his rematch and lost...so if he wants another shot at that title, only way to do that is to win the 2021 Men's Royal Rumble Match. Last year McIntyre in this diary he won the Men's Royal Rumble Match and went on to main event WrestleMania 36 on Night 1 or was it Night 2 when he faced Roman Reigns for the WWE Championship? Either way McIntyre is going to have to enter the Royal Rumble Match and it has to make him a favorite considering he won it last year. Can he go back to back? Last person to win it back to back was WWE Hall of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin in 1997/1998 so it hasn't happened in over 2 decades.

- Tommaso Ciampa beating Kofi Kingston...this just adds to Ciampa's push because all he's been doing since coming up from NXT is beating former world champions and Kofi is another world champion who Tommaso has beaten. So I wonder if Ciampa enters the 2021 Men's Royal Rumble Match? Kofi seems to be entering. I wonder if Woods he enters and or Big E if he does? Could you imagine if Big E won the 2021 Men's Royal Rumble Match and he has that Money in the Bank briefcase? He could essentially walk out with 2 titles at WrestleMania.

- Benjamin & Alexander retain the World Tag Team Championship beating The Street Profits...I told you...I called it yet again but it begs the question of what is next for Benjamin & Alexander or who they defend their titles against next?

Last edited:

Melbourne Made

Reaction score
Hey Yo time to review Starrcade

First off your taste in music is epic

Joe V McIntyre was an awesome way to kick the show off

Ripley getting the win over Natalya ....... Yes for the superstar from my country -----Why doesn't Natalya use the Neidhart name its bizarre here and IRL

Much respect with how you have booked the Hurt Business............WWE could have done so much more with them imo

Kingston VS Ciampa is a battle of two of my favorites .......Kingston was one of the first wrestlers I liked back when I got into WWE. While I have been a fan of Ciampa since before hist time in the E.

I would have gone with Team Kick but that is just because I wasn't a fan of Rousey

Man you know how to book talent better than WWE does like you have with Ali and Ziggler.

Who's house???? SWERVES HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big E beats Gooooooooooooldberg ...........There wasn't really another option imo

Damn you book Baszler the way she should be like a BEAST.......... Not much of a fan of Flair but she is talented

Also AWEEEEEEEEEEESOME Main Event

Tg11

Reaction score
Definitely can't wait until New Year's Revolution in this diary but then also cannot wait until Royal Rumble 2021 because Royal Rumble is the beginning on the Road to WrestleMania and with WrestleMania 37 being in Dallas, Texas at Cowboys Stadium in Jerry World, I can just see you going all out for it

But the Royal Rumble is one of my favorite PPVs because you get the Men's Royal Rumble Match and then you have the Women's Royal Rumble Match

And then you have the World Title matches for the WWE Championship, the WWE Universal Championship, the WWE Women's Championship and the WWE Women's Universal Championship being defended at the Rumble

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Predictions contest:
RDT: 24/30
TG11: 20/30

Post-PPV News update:

Noam Dar and Kenny Williams were traded to Smackdown for Humberto Carrillo and James Storm

Wade Barrett and HBK have negotiated a trade deal to swap the above superstars. Dar and Williams will get an immediate opportunity facing Heavy Machinery on Smackdown for a spot in the tag team titles ladder match. Ungovernables leader Zelina Vega meanwhile will be looking to use the deal to get her newest client in line for a shot at the Cruiserweight title.

Mod note: Done due to the injury to Morrison as needed someone to take his role on Smackdown (spoiler alert: there are 3 more EWR injuries to come in the next 2 weeks thread time wise).

Injury list (EWR):
R-Truth (9-12 months)
John Morrison (6-9 months)
Shane Throne (6-9 months)
A-Kid (6-9 months)
Candice LeRae (3-6 months)
Elias (3-6 months)
Bobby Lashley (1-3 months)
Liv Morgan (Unknown)
Hanson (Unknown)
Lacey Evans (Unknown)
Bobby Roode (Unknown)
Randy Orton (Unknown)

Confirmed matches for the next Smackdown:

NXT Cruiserweight title match:
Gran Metalik © vs Zack Ryder

Qualifying match:
The Usos vs Alpha Academy (Riddle and Garcia)

Qualifying match:
Heavy Machinery vs Noam Dar and Kenny Williams

Singles match:
Bianca Belair vs Marina Shafir

Reactions: Death By Looch

Tg11

Reaction score
Carrillo getting a shot at Lio Rush and the WWE Cruiserweight Championship...Zelina like does she not realize that she is going up against The Hurt Business? When you fight one, you're fighting all of them. Humberto doesn't stand a chance.

The Ungovernables used to be the premier group in WWE but they are not anymore. The Hurt Business is since they have all the gold.

Noam Dar & Kenny Williams on the blue brand on Smackdown is cool

Humberto Carrillo being on RAW makes sense because of Andrade and Garza being there

James Storm being on RAW...he can embark on a singles career and go for the WWE Intercontinental Championship or even the WWE Championship if he really wanted it

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Monday Night Raw
December 21st 2020
Des Moines, Iowa

Wells Fargo arena

HOUSE OF MEMORIES – PANIC AT THE DISCO

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday Night Raw opens with a video package running through the events at Starrcade before we cut to the commentary of Michael Cole and Elias! The pair welcome us to the show and discuss the fallout of Starrcade before saying the Road to WrestleMania begins tonight with the Royal Rumble the next stop on the Raw side of things! We also get confirmation that Sheamus will be fighting WWE Champion Samoa Joe in the main event. The commentary team wonders if Sheamus can pull off a shock win with Joe one night removed from a last-man-standing match with Drew McIntyre.

*ALL HAIL THE QUEEN*

A loud mixed reaction from the live crowd but it is mostly cheers for the 9-time Women’s Champion CHARLOTTE FLAIR! She proudly lifts the Women’s Universal title in the air with her left arm while her right arm is still bandaged up after the war with Shayna Baszler last night. Michael Cole and Elias give Charlotte credit for fighting through the pain to find a way to win back the Women’s title and also credit her own legacy at an event associated with her father. Charlotte steps into the ring putting the Women’s title on her shoulder, looking at the crowd.

She tells the crowd that she knows they have not always been fond of her and most of her time on Raw and Smackdown they have hated her. She pauses for a moment before smiling as she thanks the crowd for their support last night and her victory over Shayna is her favorite moment in her career getting a huge pop from the crowd. The crowd is loudly behind her. She looks at her right arm and says she is suffering from it now, with a slight chuckle.

She tells the fans that she has been focused on the war with the MMA Horsewomen and bringing them down for the last 6 months. She brings up them breaking her arm and making her miss Summerslam, winning the tag team titles with Sasha Banks and winning inside War Games. She tells Sasha and Bayley she wishes them luck in taking the final gold from the MMA Horsewomen but now the Queen is ready to take her seat atop the throne of the Women’s division when she is interrupted by…

*LOYALTY IS EVERYTHING*

SHAYNA BASZLER!
She is not alone as she is flanked by NATALYA and JESSAMYN DUKE! Shayna and Natalya each have one of the WWE Women’s tag team titles around their waist, the last remaining titles in their possession. Shayna steps forward and points at Charlotte saying she can celebrate the victory all she wants but she got lucky last night. The crowd is quick to boo Shayna but Natalya tells them to be quiet only further winding the crowd up.

Shayna brings up it being Starrcade and that was the only reason Charlotte was able to fight through the pain. Charlotte tells Shayna she is ready to fight her any time, any place. Shayna smirks pointing at her arm asking if she is sure but Charlotte points at the tape around the right leg of Shayna angering the former Champion. She tells Charlotte if she ain’t getting a rematch tonight, she’ll just force Charlotte to vacate the title instead… AND DROPS THE MICROPHONE LEADING THE MMA HORSEWOMEN TO THE RING! Charlotte is ready for a fight but the numbers game soon overwhelms her until…

*CAFFEINE*

TEAM KICK
sprints down the entrance ramp and slide into the ring helping Charlotte! TEGAN NOX and DAKOTA KAI help fend off Natalya and Jessamyn Duke in the ring whilst Charlotte brawls with Shayna. This brawl goes on for a little bit until…

*BRUTALITY*

RHEA RIPLEY
walks onto the entrance ramp getting loud cheers! She takes a few moments to do her signature stomp before walking down the entrance ramp. She climbs over the ropes and TAKES OUT SHAYNA WITH A BIG BOOT! Shayna falls to the floor whilst Team Kick sends Duke and Natalya out of the ring! The MMA Horsewomen look furious outside the ring but retreat to the back leaving the faces in the ring. Charlotte lifts her Women’s Universal title into the air with Rhea eyeing up the title. Charlotte notices leading to a stare-down but Team Kick keeps the peace as we cut to a commercial break.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ad break
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we return from the commercial break, CHARLOTTE FLAIR, RHEA RIPLEY and TEAM KICK are shown walking through the back. DAKOTA KAI and TEGAN NOX are all smiles but there is clear tension between Charlotte Flair and Rhea Ripley with the Queen asking Rhea what took her so long to get to the ring. Rhea scoffs at that question and tells Charlotte she was debating whether it was worth helping her. She then points at Team Kick saying she came out to help them not her. Charlotte rolls her eyes but Rhea taps the title prompting Charlotte to pull it back sharply. Rhea tells Charlotte to keep an eye on it as she intends to see her at WrestleMania, walking off and leaving Charlotte standing there furious.

*MAGIC CARPET RIDE*

ARIYA DAIVARI
walks out getting some boos from the live crowd. He snarls at the crowd before hopping over the ropes as he taunts the fans and waits for the first of his tag team partners to enter the ring.

*SHER (LION)*

JINDER MAHAL
marches out getting loud boos from the crowd and he is flanked by the SINGH BROTHERS! The commentary team brings up Jinder being a former WWE and United States Champion, mocking his former tag team partner Heath Slater’s lack of singles success in WWE.

*I BRING THE DARKNESS (END OF DAYS)*

BARON CORBIN
marches out getting loud boos from the crowd. He is still in his signature waistcoat and taunts the fans as he heads down the entrance ramp. The commentary says Corbin has been teasing and mocking Heath Slater lately, leading to this trios match being made tonight. He stands in the ring beside his tag team partners as they wait for their opponents.

*MORE THAN ONE MAN*

HEATH SLATER
makes his way out getting a decent pop from the live crowd. He plays to the live crowd as the commentary team wonders who is sending Heath Slater these letters. The speculation carries on as we wait for…

*SUBCULTURE*

SUBCULTURE!
They get a decent pop from the live crowd as FLASH MORGAN WEBSTER and MARK ANDREWS lead the way, followed by their close friend DANI LUNA! Michael Cole mentions the duo agreed to back up Heath after hearing the comments the 3 men in the ring had made. Elias says SubCulture is looking to get back on track in the tag division and a win tonight helps with that. After a brief talk, Flash starts for the babyface team while Jinder Mahal starts for the heel team and the referee calls for the bell to get the opening match underway!

Match 1: SubCulture and Heath Slater w/Dani Luna vs Baron Corbin, Jinder Mahal and Ariya Daivari w/The Singh Brothers

Match summary:
SubCulture uses their speed and fast pace to keep control of the match, overcoming the power that Corbin and Mahal bring to the match. Heath also gets a good showing, with the crowd giving him a decent reaction for his performances here. In the end, SubCulture dives through the ropes and takes out Baron Corbin/Jinder Mahal leaving Heath alone in the ring with Ariya Daivari hitting him with E-MINOR for the win!

Winners via pinfall: SubCulture and Heath Slater (5:57)

Heath Slater is joined in the ring by SubCulture with Dani Luna raising Heath’s hand after their victory tonight. Michael Cole says we might have seen a bit of the potential the person writing those letters has seen in Heath whilst Elias wonders if this will get Baron Corbin to back off from Slater. The bad guys slowly retreat up the entrance ramp whilst the celebrations carry on and Raw goes to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we cut to the inside of WADE BARRETT’S OFFICE! He is filling in some paperwork when SHAYNA BASZLER confronts him and demands a rematch with Charlotte Flair tonight. Barrett refuses pointing out that not only is Charlotte not cleared for action after last night but neither is she. Shayna says she doesn’t care what the doctor says, she wants her title back and says she is owed a rematch after holding it for 6 months!

Wade Barrett shakes his head pointing out the antics of the MMA Horsewomen and the amount of headaches their reign has caused them. Natalya looks to chime in saying that they have taken the women’s division to new heights but Wade says Shayna can earn her rematch if she wants. Shayna looks angry but nods at her lackeys signifying they should stay quiet. He tells them there will be 3 qualifying matches through the night leading to a 4-way elimination match to decide who will fight Charlotte Flair in 3 weeks! Shayna promises to finish what she started at Starrcade before storming off as Wade goes back to business.

*BRING THE SWAG*

Loud cheers from the live crowd as THE STREET PROFITS make their way out. Neither man looks happy coming off a rough loss at Starrcade and Michael points out Cedric hooked the tights to steal the win for The Hurt Business! Elias says The Street Profits keep coming this close to becoming tag team champions but something gets in their way each time. Michael Cole brings up the injuries both have suffered throughout the years as well before we cut to the ring with both men holding microphones.

Montez repeats what the commentary team had said and talks about coming this close to holding the tag team titles but once again they were cheated out of them. Dawkins says Cedric pulled on his tights and cheated them out of the titles as they knew it was the only way to stop them! The crowd agrees with the fired-up Street Profits as they carry on and call out the Hurt Business wanting a rematch tonight, right here on Raw. They wait a few moments before they are interrupted by…

*COMBATIVE*

THE ONE TWOS?!?
Boos from the crowd hoping that it was going to be the World tag team champions but ONEY LORCAN and DANNY BURCH stand on the entrance ramp with scowls on their face, pointing at the Street Profits in the ring. Oney says the Street Profits did what they always do, they came up short but instead of being men and getting to the back of the line they have come out here to complain and beg for another title shot. Ford counters back saying they aren’t begging for nothing.

Danny takes the microphone and says that you lost so you need to earn another title shot instead of making teams like us wait even longer to get what we deserve. The crowd boos as Montez Ford tells them they can cut ahead of them in line once they get some hair! A decent pop for the slightly lame insult but it works in pissing off the One Twos. They tell the Street Profits to watch their mouth but instead, get dared to enter the ring! The One Twos tells the Street Profits they will do this on their terms and walk off to boos from the crowd leaving The Street Profits annoyed.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see TOMMASO CIAMPA sitting down on a steel chair leaning on the back of it with his arms crossed and a smug look on his face. He tells the camera that last night he defeated Kofi and showed that he belongs at the top of the WWE. He points out he has been making a habit of beating former WWE Champions after the beating he gave the Miz but now he has his sights on the WWE title. He finishes the promo telling the camera that Big E would be smart to stay out of his way.

*CALLING YOU OUT*

DANI LUNA
makes her way out for the 2nd time tonight getting decent cheers from the crowd. She slaps hands with a few of the fans in the front row as the commentary team says she saw her close friends SubCulture pick up the win and wonders if she will do the same.

*THE FURY*

ALEXA BLISS
marches out onto the entrance with a scowl on her face getting boos from the live crowd. Michael Cole says he is getting word from Wade Barrett that he has banned all seconds from ringside for these matches. Elias says that might explain Alexa’s mood as she walks to the ring. Bliss steps inside as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway!

Match 2: Alexa Bliss vs Dani Luna

Match summary:
Alexa Bliss tries to come at Dani Luna aggressively, maybe underestimating the British superstar but she soon is made to regret it as Dani overpowers Alexa Bliss with ease and shows off her power game tossing the smaller Alexa Bliss around with ease. Bliss as the match goes on gets frustrated and pissed off at being shown by Dani Luna, resorting to an eye rake to take control of the match and work over the limbs of Dani.

Dani struggles on the mat as the 5-time Women’s Champion puts the pressure on her. Dani once again shows off her power and breaks out of the submissions. Bliss gets desperate as she is finding herself outmatched and overpowered heading up after taking down Luna. She heads to the top rope and dives off… DANI LUNA CATCHES HER IN MID-AIR AND HITS HER WITH LUNA LANDING (Fireman’s carry into a powerbomb)! Luna hooks the leg and picks up the huge win on Raw!

Winner via pinfall: Dani Luna (9:49)

A pretty decent pop from the fans as Dani Luna gets back to her feet and celebrates the victory tonight over Alexa Bliss, earning herself a spot in the number-one contender’s match next week. Michael Cole gives Dani Luna a lot of credit saying she proved herself as a force in the Women’s division tonight while Alexa Bliss throws a tantrum at ringside, having not expected this to happen!

Ad break

*LIMITLESS*

KEITH LEE
makes his way out to start the 2nd hour getting a loud pop from the live crowd, having been a more prominent fixture on the red brand since the King of the Ring tournament. He lifts his NXT title into the air with the commentary team hyping up NXT Takeover Boxing Day in Madison Square Garden where he will defend the title against Damien Priest. Both put over the challenge awaiting Keith Lee but wonder why he is out here tonight.

He stands in the ring and looks at the crowd with a smile on his face, with the title over his shoulder and a microphone in his hand. He tells the crowd it is great to be in Des Moines getting a cheap pop from the crowd. He says before he gets down to business he wants the crowd to stop and take a moment of their time to bask in his glory! He lifts the NXT title into the air and the crowd goes wild basking it in. He smiles and thanks the fans for indulging him.

Keith says he will be defending his NXT title in 5 nights in Madison Square Garden against a man he respects: Damien Priest. The crowd gives a small pop for Damien with them not knowing who he is just yet. Keith says his full focus is on keeping the NXT title around his waist but he always has his eyes on the future and wants to become a double champion one more time. The crowd is intrigued as Keith Lee smiles and says that’s what brings him to the ring tonight.

He says he has spoken to William Regal and Wade Barrett who have agreed to allow him to enter the Royal Rumble match! A loud pop from the live crowd as the 3rd entrant into the match is confirmed. Keith has a smirk on his face as he tells the crowd he has always dreamed of entering and winning the Royal Rumble. He talks about the two men confirmed in the match already: Daniel Bryan and Kofi Kingston. He says both have been inspirations to how he should conduct himself and act but before he can say another word…

*DO I*

JAMES STORM
walks out onto the entrance getting boos from the crowd. Michael Cole reminds us that James Storm and Humberto Carrillo were traded to Raw in a deal with Smackdown for Noam Dar and Kenny Wiliams. He has a microphone in his hand as he points at Keith Lee in the ring. He tells the crowd he has just come to Monday Night Raw because he needs a new place to drink whilst his partner is on the shelf but already he can see what’s wrong with this place.

He points at Keith Lee telling him this is not his turf and he needs to leave his show right now. Keith just scoffs in response but James is not happy walking towards the ring. Keith Lee tells Storm that he has no intention of leaving and if James wants him to leave he is going to have to make him. James scoffs and points at Keith walking to the ring before shaking his head and walking off. James says he will deal with Keith on his terms, not his ending the promo.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we see WADE BARRETT standing in his office once again. He looks at the camera and says we are 6 weeks away from the Royal Rumble but he wants to get down to business and confirm who will be fighting Samoa Joe for the WWE title at the event. He says that whilst Drew is his friend, it is time for someone new to get their chance and that’s why in next week’s main event we will have a 20-man battle royal to find out who fights Samoa Joe at Royal Rumble containing only people who have never held the World, Universal or WWE title. The graphic then appears on the screen confirming the following names:

Angel Garza, Baron Corbin, Big E, Danny Burch, Flash Morgan Webster, Humberto Carrillo, James Storm, Lio Rush, Mark Andrews, Montez Ford, Mustafa Ali, Oney Lorcan, Pete Dunne, Ricochet, Sami Zayn, Swerve Strickland, Tommaso Ciampa, Tony Nese, Tyler Bate and Xavier Woods

*WHATEVER IT TAKES*

AMALE
makes her way out to the ring getting boos from the crowd. The French hope looks at the crowd with disdain before heading to the ring, ready for action. Michael Cole and Elias mention that Amale feels she is above the common people and will be looking to prove it tonight.

*PAPARAZZI*

MELINA
has the red carpet rolled out for her and walks to the ring with a purpose. She gets a decent pop from the live crowd before walking to the ring with purpose. Michael Cole and Elias put over the legend, saying she still wants to become a Women’s Champion for a 6th time. Both women enter the ring and the referee calls for the bell to get the match underway.

Match 3: Melina vs Amale

Match summary:
Amale is very cocky and looks to show up the veteran in this match but Melina keeps her cool. Amale soon realizes she might be in over her depth as Melina takes control of the match and puts the French Hope away hitting her with THE PRIMAL SCREAM!

Winner via pinfall: Melina (5:23)

Melina gets to her feet and celebrates the victory with a smile on her face, a step closer to becoming a 6-time Women’s Champion. Michael Cole and Elias put over her veteran experience plus the fact her tag team partner Piper Niven has a qualifying match herself later on tonight, potentially giving them an advantage in the match later on tonight.

Ad break

We return from the commercial break and see BREEZANGO hanging around after a photoshoot. TYLER BREEZE looks a little down after losing his Cruiserweight title match to Lio Rush at the PPV. FANDANGO looks to get his spirits up and says this is not over with the Hurt Business. He issues a challenge to any member of the Hurt Business on next week’s Raw. He promises that now they hold all of the gold, they will be a target for them until Breezango finally holds gold.

We then cut to THE NEW DAY locker room backstage with BIG E, KOFI KINGSTON and XAVIER WOODS looking directly at the camera. Big E says last night might have been the greatest night of his career, beating the legend that is Goldberg. He talks about watching him as a child and taking inspiration from the legend. He lifts the New-Day-themed Money in the Bank briefcase into the air and says he feels even more confident about cashing this in at WrestleMania 37 to become a World Champion.

Xavier Woods chimes in and says he might even get a world title match before WrestleMania, bringing up the battle royal both men are in next week. Woods says he knows Big E is capable of winning it but Kofi reminds him that Woods is in it too and could win himself. Woods seems unsure but Kofi says if Woods were to win next week and Kofi won the Rumble, we could even have a New Day triple threat. Both the other two men nod, liking the sound of them hugging each other as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we see MUSTAFA ALI sitting backstage. He smiles at the camera saying he did what he promised and shows that once again, Ziggler quits when the going gets tough. Ali tells the camera that is enough about him now though because he is moving on and has his sights on not just getting his Cruiserweight title back from Lio Rush but getting a chance at the WWE title. He brings up missing out on his shots two years ago due to injury but now? He is better than he has ever been and knows the weight of being a champion so plans to be the heart of Monday Night Raw.

*TRAP OR TREAT*

JINNY
walks out getting loud boos from the crowd. She looks at the fans with disgust before climbing inside the ropes waiting for her opponent. The commentary team brings up the fact that Jinny is even more arrogant and snooty than her tag team partner Amale. Jinny online before the show says she wants to bring a touch of class and gold to the house of couture but to do this she needs to overcome…

*THE CULLING*

PIPER NIVEN!
The Scot walks to the ring with a smile on her face as the crowd cheers for her. She even slaps hands with a few of the fans in the front row before climbing into the ring and coming face-to-face with Jinny. The commentary team brings up their history over the years and is familiar with each other during their time wrestling in the UK. The referee once both women are in the ring calls for the bell to get this match underway!

Match 4: Jinny vs Piper Niven

Match summary:
Jinny is very overmatched in this match, with Piper using her size and power to dominate the match, tossing her around with ease. Jinny tries to go for the legs of Piper but once again Piper overcomes this by kicking her away. Jinny is in trouble and Piper looks in total control, playing to the crowd before climbing up top as she goes for the SCOT DROP… JINNY GETS HER KNEES UP AND ROLLS UP PIPER… HOLDING THE ROPES… AND GETS THE 3 COUNT!

Winner via pinfall: Jinny (5:51)

Piper kicks out just after the 3 but Jinny has stolen the victory tonight and earns the last spot in the number one contender’s match next week! She rolls out of the ring not even waiting for the referee to raise her hand and gloats outside the ring. Piper argues with the referee saying she pulled her tights but Jinny outside the ring mocks her doing a crybaby taunt. Piper has to be calmed down by the referee as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

*IT’S TIME*

THE HURT BUSINESS makes their way out in fancy suits soaking in the boos from the live crowd. MVP stands in front with E.J. NDUKA by his side, backing him up, and then behind him are his clients draped in gold: SAMOA JOE (WWE), SWERVE STRICKLAND (IC), LIO RUSH (CRUISERWEIGHT), SHELTON BENJAMIN AND CERDIC ALEXANDER (WORLD TAG TEAM). We also see a bunch of gorgeous women hanging off the sides of them, with Nduka and Swerve paying the most attention to them as they head to the ring.

Michael Cole says The Hurt Business has been like a force we have not seen in years, taking over the men’s division on Monday Night Raw and now they hold all of the gold on Raw in the men’s division. Elias says that whilst they have worked as a unit to dominate the red brand, they have also proved they can do it alone, especially Samoa Joe and Swerve Strickland. The Hurt Business climbs into the ring taking a seat on the luxury set as MVP grabs the microphone and looks to address the live crowd.

MVP starts the promo by telling everyone that when he makes a promise, he makes sure to follow through on it and as you can see, business has never been better. All of the Hurt Business have smiles on their faces looking at their gold (and in Nduka's case the woman next to him). MVP says when he approached each of these men, he made the promise that he would deliver them gold and he has done just that. He says now begins their domination at the top of Monday Night Raw.

MVP says that this is the start of a dynasty and the Hurt Business will run Monday Night Raw for months to come. Samoa Joe walks up to MVP asking for the microphone which MVP is happy to give to him. Joe gives Drew McIntyre credit for his attempt to bring him down last night but he says the WWE title is going to have to be taken from these cold dead hands! The crowd gives the legend a mixed reaction but the majority do boo Samoa Joe here.

He promises whoever wins the battle royal is in for a world of hurt and pain if they step into the ring with him. That comment gets some looks from Rush and Swerve in the background, all of whom are in the battle royal next week. Rush grabs a microphone of his own saying that Joe might have him or Swerve in the match but Joe doesn’t back down saying he will crush them all the same saying it is just business. MVP looks a little worried as Swerve gets up with a microphone of his own.

Swerve and Joe come face to face and there is tension between both men. Joe has a scowl on his face but Swerve smirks on his face as he stares down Samoa Joe. Swerve shows 0 fear as he tells Joe that if he wins the battle royal, he will make sure to keep the gold in the Hurt Business, tapping it on Joe’s shoulder! Joe looks to move forward but MVP stops him and tells Swerve to take a seat. Swerve shrugs and heads back to the seats as MVP plays damage control.

MVP says when you have top stars like The Hurt Business, they all want to be on top. Joe nods but is still glaring at Swerve Strickland who just has a smug smirk on his face. MVP looks at Joe and tells him to show that fire when he batters Sheamus in tonight’s main event. Joe nods as MVP wraps the promo up by telling Fandango he heard his challenge and Shelton Benjamin will be happy to put you in your place. He wraps the promo up saying they are in the Hurt Business and business is booming!

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, THE BRIAN KENDRICK is already waiting in the ring for his opponent who is…

*WORLDS APART*

SAMI ZAYN!
He looks a bit upset having come off losing the Intercontinental title last night to Swerve Strickland. He still slaps hands with some of the fans and fires them up en route to the ring. Michael Cole says Sami will be looking to get back on track after his loss last night. Elias says Brian Kendrick will be looking to pounce and take advantage of Sami maybe being off his game tonight. Both men are in the ring as the referee calls for the bell to get the match underway!

Match 5: Sami Zayn vs The Brian Kendrick

Match summary:
Sami wouldn’t allow Brian to take advantage of anything during this match, taking total control of the match and defeating Kendrick with the BLUE THUNDER BOMB!

Winner via pinfall: Sami Zayn (2:22)

The crowd loudly cheers as Sami Zayn returns to his feet celebrating his victory on tonight’s Raw. Michael Cole and Elias give Sami credit for putting the loss to Swerve behind him quickly tonight on Raw. Sami doesn’t spend too long celebrating as he calls to someone at ringside to pass him a microphone. Sami thanks the fans for always supporting him which gets a loud cheap pop from the crowd. Sami smiles but tells the fans he is sorry for letting them down last night.

The crowd is unhappy at that, making it clear Sami did not but the former IC Champion shakes his head. He tells the fans he held the Intercontinental title for 5 months and was proud to be a fighting champion. He gives Swerve credit for being the better man last night but he is not done with the Hurt Business. He says next week he is in the battle royal for the chance to fight Samoa Joe for the WWE title at the Royal Rumble. He says he has faced giants before and overcome them, promising that one day he will be a World Champion!

After the previous promo comes to an end, we cut to a red brick wall which means it is time to hear from BRITISH STRONG STYLE! PETE DUNNE, TYLER BATE and TRENT SEVEN stand in a Peaky Blinders style jacket as Trent goes through the usual introduction for the group. He speaks about this being the biggest time of the year in the WWE and the time where stars can be made. Bate has a big smile on his face whilst Pete Dunne looks unimpressed sitting back and letting Trent speak. Trent turns to Pete and asks him what he is focused on. Pete is blunt and says breaking Angel’s fingers.

He tells Trent that in 2 weeks he will be fighting Angel Garza in a submission match! Bate says whilst Dunne has his eyes on that, he wants Cruiserweight gold promising to come after Lio Rush. Trent says there is almost the small matter of the battle royal next week with the winner getting Samoa Joe at the Royal Rumble, wanting both men to play nice. Bate and Dunne refuse to promise anything, stating that the best man will win and share a fist bump as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, NIA JAX stands in front of the camera with a smug smirk on her face. She tells the camera that she has been overlooked as usual but she has had enough of it. She tells the fans that there is no one more dominant than her so she is entering the Women’s Royal Rumble! She brings up being able to dominate men when she entered the Men’s Rumble two years ago and this year she will win the Women’s Royal Rumble, promising to prove to Rhea she is the real dominant force on Raw and that Survivor Series was a fluke.

*SOVIET MARCH*

A decent pop from the live crowd as ILJA DRAGUNOV makes his way out with a microphone in hand. The commentary team brings up his recent departure from The Ungovernables, turning against them due to the actions towards his friend Cesaro who has not been seen since a brutal attack by the group on Raw about a month ago. Ilja slides into the ring and paces around it before making it clear he does not like to talk nor is he a patient man so he will make this brief.

He was part of a group of people without honor. Men who would cheat to get ahead but Cesaro and I are not men who live that way. We love to fight and we should have left the Ungovernables a long time ago. Ilja says he joined them to give his family more money back home but now it is time for him to fight the right way and get his money so he demands Andrade get out here right now. The crowd cheers loudly wanting to see a fight and they don’t have to wait too long…

*GANGSTA’S PARADISE*

ANDRADE CIEN ALMAS MAKES HIS WAY OUT WITH A MICROPHONE!
He is in a fancy white suit and sunglasses as he smugly looks at Ilja. The Russian is slightly suspicious due to Andrade being alone and asks where Zelina plus the rest are. Andrade says he has come out here to speak mano a mano with Ilja. The Russian remains suspicious as Andrade stops halfway down the entrance ramp saying he just came to talk but Ilja says he came here for a fight.

Andrade shakes his head and smiles telling Ilja that is not how he does business. He tells Ilja he is a star and that fighting is worth a lot of money so he is not giving it to these fans unannounced for free! He tells Ilja if he wants to fight him it will be next week on Raw. Ilja shouts that he accepts the challenge as Andrade smirks saying there was one more condition… ANGEL GARZA AND HUMBERTO CARRILLO SLIDE INTO THE RING BEHIND HIM!

Andrade says Ilja has to make it to next week and THE TWO COUSINS ATTACK HIM! Loud boos from the crowd as the Cruiserweights lay a two-man beating on Ilja on the mat. Andrade has a wicked smirk on his face as he slowly takes off his suit jacket… BUT ILJA IS STARTING TO FIGHT BACK! He clobbers Angel and Humberto with hard strikes including a headbutt to Angel rocking him. The crowd is behind him… ANDRADE CATCHES HIM WITH A WICKED SPINNING BACK ELBOW! Andrade grabs the prone body of Ilja ready to do more damage until…

*LOVE IS BLINDNESS*

BRITISH STRONG STYLE
runs down the entrance ramp and heads straight to the ring, fighting off Andrade, Angel and Carrillo! PETE DUNNE is especially aggressive in his attack on Angel Garza and teases snapping his fingers… ZELINA VEGA APPEARS TO PULL HIM FROM THE RING! Andrade and Humberto also roll out of the ring, retreating to the back now the numbers are not in their favor. TRENT SEVEN and TYLER BATE check on Ilja Dragunov whilst Dunne dares them to come back as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

*PARTY ALL THE TIME*

K2
makes their way out once we return from the commercial break, getting a decent pop from the live crowd. KATANA CHANCE and KAYDEN CARTER party with the fans on the way to the ring, pumping up the live crowd as they wait for their opponents tonight…

*SEVERED HEAD*

WE RIOTTS! The tag team makes their way out getting a decent number of boos from the live crowd. Neither RUBY RIOTT nor SHOTZI BLACKHEART look to be in a good mood as they step into the ring. The commentary team points out the entire women’s division is looking to prove themselves ahead of the Royal Rumble. Shotzi starts for her team whilst Kayden starts for hers as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway!

Match 6: K2 vs We Riotts

Match summary:
K2 wrestles this match at a fast pace right from the start of the match. We Riotts try to ground the duo in the early stages of the match but the agility of the party girls is hard for them to keep up with. As the match reaches the closing stages, Ruby finally finds a way to isolate Kayden Carter and they work over her in the corner. Katana tries to help her friend but is cut off leading to Ruby hitting Kayden with WE RIOT! Ruby makes the cover and gives her team the win!

Winners via pinfall: We Riotts (6:39)

Ruby Riott gets to her feet and celebrates the victory over K2 having potentially put themselves in line for a future Women’s tag team title shot in the New Year. Katana checks on her teammate whilst We Riotts head to the back to carry on their celebrations later tonight.

We cut backstage to see SHEAMUS walking to the ring ahead of tonight’s main event. He is stopped by CATHY KELLEY looking for an interview. Sheamus has a smile on his face happy to speak to her as she asks how Drew is doing after last night. He says the fella is a bit beaten up but he will be back on Monday Night Raw next week to confirm what’s next for him. Cathy then brings him to tonight’s main event and if Sheamus is going into the match looking for revenge for Drew. Sheamus says kicking Joe’s ass to make up for Drew losing last night sounds fun but Drew wouldn’t want that. He lost fair and square so I’m fighting Joe for my own benefit.

He points out that if he pins Joe tonight he would be in line for a future WWE title shot. Cathy says that his plan down the road as Sheamus smirks and says his main goal at the moment is the one title he has never won: The Intercontinental title. He says he wants to win that title once before his career wraps up and angering the Hurt Business might put him in line for it. Sheamus walks off ending the interview and the commentary team confirms that the main event is going to take place next!

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we cut to the commentary team first of all who confirms Keith Lee versus James Storm will be taking place on Monday Night Raw in two weeks. They speculate if Keith Lee will walk into the match as NXT Champion or if Damien Priest will defeat him at NXT Takeover Boxing Day.

*WRITTEN IN MY FACE*

SHEAMUS
walks out onto the entrance ramp getting a loud pop from the live crowd. He slaps hands with a few of the fans after beating his chest in the usual fashion before walking to the ring. Michael Cole reminds us this is a WrestleMania 36 rematch with these two colliding then and Samoa Joe picking up the victory. Elias says it was the start of the career run Samoa Joe has been on, could Sheamus be the one to bring that run of form to an end?

*COLISEUM CLASH*

SAMOA JOE
marches out onto the entrance ramp next getting a mixed reaction from the live crowd. It is mostly booing as he lifts his WWE title into the air before being joined by MVP and SWERVE STRICKLAND! MVP walks to the ring with Samoa Joe whilst Swerve Strickland in his crisp suit takes a seat on commentary. They ask why he is out here and Swerve says he heard Sheamus’s comments, lifting up his Intercontinental title up saying he is always scouting the competition. Sheamus noticeably eyes up Swerve outside the ring before turning to Samoa Joe inside the ring as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway!

Main event: Samoa Joe w/MVP vs Sheamus

Match summary:
Joe and Sheamus start the match off clobbering each other with hard strikes. Each man shows off why they are known for power, evenly matched in the opening stages. Swerve comments on both men being more focused on power than skill and it’s good to see how Joe fights up close once again, referencing his victory over Joe earlier this year. Michael Cole and Elias both ask if there is tension with The Hurt Business but Swerve just chuckles evilly saying he is just having some competitive fun.

Back in the ring, Samoa Joe starts to take control by switching tactics and going for submissions instead of trying to overpower the Celtic Warrior. Joe targets the back of Sheamus, something the commentary team mentions he has had surgery on within the last couple of years, and wears down Sheamus. The Celtic Warrior tries to overpower Joe and escape but Joe cuts him off each time, staying in total control of the match. Swerve watches on commentary with a smirk giving props to his partner for how vicious he is.

Heading towards the closing stages of the match, Sheamus has started to make a fight back getting off the BEATS OF BODHRAN! He brings Joe into the ring and shows off his power hitting THE CELTIC CROSS TO JOE! He gets a close 2 count so heads to the corner to line him up… BUT SWERVE LEAVES COMMENTARY AND DISTRACTS SHEAMUS! He tells Sheamus this is what he wants as The Celtic Warrior shakes his head before turning back to Joe… BUT THE MOMENT DISTRACTION WAS ENOUGH FOR JOE TO POUNCE AND GET HIM UP FOR THE MUSCLEBUSTER! Joe hooks the leg 1 2 3 Samoa Joe wins!

Winner via pinfall: Samoa Joe (15:08)

Samoa Joe gets to his feet with a smug look on his face as he looks at Swerve Strickland outside the ring. Swerve takes the WWE title and slides into the ring, passing it to Joe as he raises his hand in the air. Joe doesn’t trust Swerve but he focuses on celebrating the victory with MVP joining his two clients in the middle of the ring. The commentary team teases a potential all Hurt Business clash in the coming weeks whilst an angry Sheamus looks on and Raw fades to black.

Confirmed matches for next week:

Main event: 20-man battle royal number one contender’s match for the WWE title:

Entrants: Angel Garza, Baron Corbin, Big E, Danny Burch, Flash Morgan Webster, Humberto Carrillo, James Storm, Lio Rush, Mark Andrews, Montez Ford, Mustafa Ali, Oney Lorcan, Pete Dunne, Ricochet, Sami Zayn, Swerve Strickland, Tommaso Ciampa, Tony Nese, Tyler Bate and Xavier Woods

Number one contender’s fatal 4-way match for the Women’s Universal title:
Shayna Baszler vs Dani Luna vs Melina vs Jinny

Singles match:
Andrade Cien Almas vs Ilja Dragunov

Singles match:
Fandango vs Shelton Benjamin

Confirmed matches for two weeks:

Submission match:

Pete Dunne vs Angel Garza

Singles match:
Keith Lee vs James Storm

Confirmed matches for three weeks:

Women’s Universal title match:

Charlotte Flair © vs Shayna Baszler or Dani Luna or Melina or Jinny

Matchcard for Royal Rumble
January 31st 2021
St Louis, Missouri

The Dome at Americans Center

EVA UNDER FIRE – I WILL FIGHT

Men’s Royal Rumble match:
Daniel Bryan, Keith Lee, Kofi Kingston and 27 entrants

Women’s Royal Rumble match:
Nia Jax, Rhea Ripley and 28 other entrants

WWE title match:
Samoa Joe vs ???

And
Bad Bunny will perform his new song: Booker T!

EWR Rating:
68%

Tg11

Reaction score
A 20 Man Over the Top Rope Battle Royal and it consists of people who have never been WWE or WWE Universal Champion I think that that's a unique idea...a Breakthrough Battle Royal in a sense and the winner gets a WWE Championship match against Samoa Joe at Royal Rumble 2021...I love it

Not only do you have Mr Money in the Bank Big E in this Battle Royal, you have Xavier Woods in there as well and you have Sami Zayn in there as well

Then you have Ungovernables members Garza and Carrillo in there as well

Then you have Hurt Business members Lio Rush and Swerve in this Battle Royal but shouldn't EJ be in there too? Because he's never been a champion either

Ciampa has to be a dark horse in this Battle Royal because all he has been doing since coming on to the main roster is beat former WWE Champions

My picks to win the Battle Royal is Sami Zayn or Mustafa Ali

Teasing Rhea/Charlotte for the title as a potential Mania program

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
News update:

Jey Uso out of action for 2 months:

Jey Uso has picked up a triceps strain on a house show and will be out of action for a couple of months due to this injury ruling him out of the qualifying match on Smackdown for the tag team titles ladder match. Jacob Fatu will take his place in the match on Smackdown to team up with Jimmy Uso instead.

Montez Ford out of action for 2 months:

Jey Uso was not the only superstar to pick up an injury at a house show as Montez Ford broke his arm at one as well and will miss a couple of months of action. Angelo Dawkins will take his spot in the battle royal on Raw to decide who will fight Samoa Joe at the Royal Rumble for the WWE title.

Main event: 20-man battle royal number one contender’s match for the WWE title:
Entrants: Angel Garza, Angelo Dawkins, Baron Corbin, Big E, Danny Burch, Flash Morgan Webster, Humberto Carrillo, James Storm, Lio Rush, Mark Andrews, Mustafa Ali, Oney Lorcan, Pete Dunne, Ricochet, Sami Zayn, Swerve Strickland, Tommaso Ciampa, Tony Nese, Tyler Bate and Xavier Woods

Number one contender’s fatal 4-way match for the Women’s Universal title:
Shayna Baszler vs Dani Luna vs Melina vs Jinny

Singles match:
Andrade Cien Almas vs Ilja Dragunov

Singles match:
Fandango vs Shelton Benjamin

Confirmed matches for Smackdown:

NXT Cruiserweight title match:

Gran Metalik © vs Zack Ryder

Qualifying match:
Jacob Fatu and Jimmy Uso vs Alpha Academy (Riddle and Garcia)

Qualifying match:
Heavy Machinery vs Morrison and Rowan

Singles match:
Bianca Belair vs Marina Shafir

Tg11

Reaction score
Jey Uso getting injured and being out for 2 months puts his return to at least February and same goes for Montez Ford who would also come back by February so that's good news at least

Jacob Fatu replacing Jey in the tag team qualifying match is genius because if there is anyone who can bring gold to The Bloodline, it's Jacob and seeing him team up with his cousin Jimmy is actually pretty interesting

I still don't know why EJ Nduka isn't in this Battle Royal to determine who faces Joe at Royal Rumble especially when EJ he's never been a World Champion so wouldn't that make him eligible to be in it?

Same goes for Cedric Alexander & Shelton Benjamin the World Tag Team Champions of The Hurt Business they too should be in the Battle Royal because neither one of them has been a World Champion

Dragunov should be in it too

Dawkins being in the Battle Royal I can understand

But I wonder if Samoa Joe the WWE Champion he will be watching this Battle Royal to see who his opponent is for the Royal Rumble by joining on commentary? Or he watches this from his locker room backstage? Or he watches it from a sky box?

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Jey Uso getting injured and being out for 2 months puts his return to at least February and same goes for Montez Ford who would also come back by February so that's good news at least

Jacob Fatu replacing Jey in the tag team qualifying match is genius because if there is anyone who can bring gold to The Bloodline, it's Jacob and seeing him team up with his cousin Jimmy is actually pretty interesting

I still don't know why EJ Nduka isn't in this Battle Royal to determine who faces Joe at Royal Rumble especially when EJ he's never been a World Champion so wouldn't that make him eligible to be in it?

Same goes for Cedric Alexander & Shelton Benjamin the World Tag Team Champions of The Hurt Business they too should be in the Battle Royal because neither one of them has been a World Champion

Dragunov should be in it too

Dawkins being in the Battle Royal I can understand

But I wonder if Samoa Joe the WWE Champion he will be watching this Battle Royal to see who his opponent is for the Royal Rumble by joining on commentary? Or he watches this from his locker room backstage? Or he watches it from a sky box?

I didn't want too many Hurt Business people in the battle royal hence only having Rush and Swerve only. Dragunov was not in it because I knew I was having him in a big match with Andrade or he would have been a slam dunk to be in there.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Smackdown Live (taped edition)
December 25th 2020
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Fiserv Forum

The Christmas Day Smackdown episode starts with a cold open as KARRION KROSS stares directly into the camera. He goes on a ramble about the holiday season and the gifts that will be given to children. He says he does not believe in those childish things and only shows pain. He asks why Kevin Owens keeps getting involved in his business, wondering if he is using it to get closer to the champion so he can drive a dagger in his back. Kross smirks at the thought before issuing a challenge for New Year’s Revolution.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HALESTORM – MAYHEM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the opening video for Smackdown ends, we cut to the commentary team of Corey Graves and Byron Saxton who welcome us to the show. They quickly run down the card for the show tonight before confirming in the main event it will be Shayna Baszler taking on Sasha Banks in a Miracle on 34th Street Fight! Byron gets all excited about the holiday season before…

*KILL EM ALL*

SHAYNA BASZLER and RONDA ROUSEY march out onto the entrance ramp with the WWE Women’s tag team titles around their waist, the last titles in their possession as a group. The commentary team reminds us of Shayna losing to Charlotte Flair at Starrcade and Ronda’s loss to Asuka on Smackdown a few weeks back. Neither woman looks happy as they enter the ring, each snatching a microphone from someone at ringside before standing in the middle of the ring.

Ronda tells the fans to shut up which just naturally makes the boos even louder. Shayna isn’t in the mood to play, screaming at them to be quiet. She has a face like thunder with Ronda putting a hand on her friend’s shoulder. Ronda says Shayna suffered the same kind of fluke she did but unlike her, she has at least had a chance to earn her rematch. Shayna scowls but doesn’t say anything allowing Ronda to carry on. Ronda says she hasn’t even been given that chance!

The crowd cheers, happy to see Ronda suffer but she shouts at the crowd to be quiet getting loud boos from the fans. She grabs hold of her WWE Women’s tag team title around her waist and lifts it into the air, showing it to the fans whilst Shayna lifts her own up. Ronda reminds the crowd they still hold the power of going to both brands that these tag team titles bring, saying they will destroy the Boss ‘N’ Hug Connection at New Year’s Revolution! Shayna takes the mic ready to speak next but then…

*TURN THE SKY UP*

SASHA BANKS and BAYLEY make their way onto the entrance ramp getting loud cheers from the live crowd. They each have a microphone in hand as Sasha steps forward first wanting to take a moment to congratulate her friend Charlotte Flair on becoming Women’s Universal Champion! The crowd pops loudly whilst the MMA Horsewomen scowl in the ring. Bayley chimes in and says piece by piece, everything the MMA Horsewomen have tried to build in their division is being taken back.

Ronda shakes her head in again as Shayna steps forward leaning over the ropes promising that this is far from over. Sasha smirks wondering if they truly believe that. Bayley says they won inside War Games, Asuka took Ronda’s title, Charlotte took Shayna’s title and all that is left is the tag team titles. The MMA Horsewomen looks furious and throws a tantrum in the ring with the Boss ‘N’ Hug Connection soaking up all the anger from the pair of them.

Shayna points at Sasha and promises to destroy her in tonight’s main event. Sasha says she has her best friend by her side in case Ronda tries to pull any tricks and promises to give a preview. Ronda then issues her own challenge for Smackdown next week saying he wants to break Bayley one more time to start the New Year! Bayley steps forward saying someone like Ronda will never break her and says she will kick her ass next week gladly bringing the promo segment to an end.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, KEVIN OWENS is shown arriving at the arena when he is stopped by KAYLA BRAXTON! She asks if Kevin heard the challenge made by Karrion earlier tonight and with a slight smile, he says he did. He tells Kayla he is going to speak to Shawn shortly but confirms he is accepting the challenge. He says kicking Karrion Kross’s cryptic spooky ass will show why he should be next in line for the Universal title!

*OWN THE GAME*

NOAM DAR and KENNY WILLIAMS walk out onto the entrance ramp getting boos from the Smackdown crowd ahead of their debut on the Blue Brand. The commentary team discusses the trades made between the two commissioners with Humberto Carrillo and James Storm going to Monday Night Raw in exchange for this duo, with this chance to qualify for the WWE tag team titles as part of the deal to convince them to join Smackdown Live.

*HEAVY*

A decent pop from the live crowd as HEAVY MACHINERY walk out onto the entrance ramp joined by their new valet MANDY ROSE! She walks the two big men towards the ring, leading TUCKER KNIGHT and OTIS DOZOVIC by the hand. The commentary team mentions that Heavy Machinery wants the tag team titles they had won at WrestleMania 36 from The Revival back. The presence of Mandy Rose to cheer them on might be the extra motivation Otis needs. After some talk, Kenny Williams starts for his team while Tucker Knight starts for Heavy Machinery.

Match 1: Qualifying match: Heavy Machinery w/Mandy Rose vs Noam Dar and Kenny Williams

Match summary:
Tucker and Otis easily overpower the two Scottish Cruiserweights in the opening stages of the match, tossing them around and crushing them underneath. The tide of the match turns when Noam Dar starts being a pest and flirting with Mandy at ringside distracting Otis, and allowing Kenny Williams to sneak attack him with a chop block to the right leg. The Scottish Cruiserweights get to work as they isolate Otis in the corner of the ring and put the pressure on Heavy Machinery in the opening stages of this match.

Tucker Knight and Mandy Rose cheer on Otis who tries to make a fight back but the crafty cockroaches keep cutting him off at each opportunity. As the match reaches the closing stages, seeing Noam Dar flirting with Mandy pisses Otis off enough to overpower both men and he makes the tag! Tucker runs wild from there and takes both men down with ease before scooping up Kenny Willams hitting him with a POWERSLAM! He covers Kenny Williams whilst Otis takes down Dar with the WORLD’S STRONGEST SLAM AND HEAVY MACHINERY WIN!

Winners via pinfall: Heavy Machinery (8:50)

Heavy Machinery get to their feet and celebrate their victory on tonight’s Smackdown Live! Mandy Rose joins the duo in the ring and gives them both a hug, hugging Otis for a longer which brings a smile to Tucker’s face. The commentary team puts over the victory for the big man duo but mentions they might be at a disadvantage in a ladder match. The celebrations carry on in the ring for now as they parade Mandy Rose around the ring on their shoulders as Smackdown goes to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we see ALEISTER BLACK sitting on a chair backstage with the Universal title around his waist. He takes a moment looking down at the ground before looking at the camera. He tells AJ that he didn’t need to attack him to get his attention, he already had it hence why he was finishing up matters with the Church of Seth Rollins. But since you demanded it, here it is! Black stands to his feet with a furious look on his face, still limping after the damage done to his right leg.

He coldly looks into the camera making it clear that AJ Styles is someone he has respect for, unlike his fellow co-leader of the O.C. Finn Balor. He says AJ leads by example whilst Finn hides in the shadows letting his allies do his dirty work. Black’s face scrunches up as he says it reminds him of someone who is burning in hell’s flames. He says AJ has a choice to make in the coming weeks: make his own path or burn in the flames with the demon.

*METALINGUS*

EDGE walks out onto the entrance ramp getting loud cheers from the live crowd! He does his usual entrance and plays to the crowd before walking to the ring. The commentary team hypes up the fact Edge will be fighting Roman Reigns in a singles match at New Year’s Revolution. He grabs a microphone and a steel chair, stepping into the ring before setting up the chair in the middle. He sits down and looks at the fans in the live crowd with a slight smile on his face.

He tells the crowd that he and Roman are due to collide very soon but he knows how short life is and isn’t very good at waiting. He tells the crowd that the match with Roman at New Year’s Revolution isn’t personal. It is just about proving he should be next in line for a shot at the Universal title. The crowd cheers as Edge recaps his return year and how he won/lost the title. He tells the fans that’s why he can’t stand the claims from Roman he should be next in line.

Edge looks to carry on but he is soon cut off by ROMAN REIGNS SITTING AT THE HEAD OF TABLE ON THE TITANTRON! He is surrounded by JACOB FATU, JIMMY USO, NAOMI and TAMINA as the commentary team reminds us of the injury Jey Uso picked up at a recent house show. Roman leans forward and slightly smirks as he looks at the camera before speaking. He tells Edge that anything Roman does is on his terms, not the rated-R superstar’s terms.

Edge shakes his head as he tells Roman he can call it what he wants but he knows that Roman is scared of getting beaten down by Edge! Roman disputes that as Jacob gets up but Jimmy looks at him to sit down which the Samoan Werewolf does. Roman tells Edge he is a busy man and he will see Edge when he is ready to end the promo. Edge in the ring, shakes his head promising to beat Roman and after he is done with him he will become a 13-time World Champion to loud cheers from the crowd!

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see AJ STYLES walking through the hallways backstage with BIG CASS by his side! He has his luggage in hand and looks to enter the O.C. locker room when KEVIN PATRICK stops him for an interview. Kevin asks AJ if he heard what Aleister Black had to say earlier tonight. AJ nods and says he heard everything from the champ but he isn’t running scared. He tells Kevin he needs to send a reminder to him and the fans but also himself.

Kevin asks what he means by that as Big Cass steps forward towering over him. He says AJ needed to remember that he was the one who built this house. He was the one who made Smackdown what it was when he was drafted to it back in 2016. AJ chimes in and says he came to WWE as the hottest free agent available and beat John Cena on his way to becoming WWE Champion. He promises he will become a champion once again leading not only Smackdown… but the O.C. as well!

*RADIO*

ZACK RYDER walks out onto the entrance ramp getting a decent pop from the live crowd. He hypes the fans up ahead of a big title match for him before sprinting to the ring. The commentary team mentions that Zack has been cutting weight to get under the limit so he is eligible for this title match and he has made the limit by a couple of pounds.

*EL GRITO DE METALIK*

GRAN METALIK walks out onto the entrance ramp getting a pretty decent pop from the live crowd showing off his NXT Cruiserweight title to the fans. The commentary team brings up tomorrow night’s Iron Survivor match at NXT Takeover Boxing Day with the winner entering that match to defend their title. Gran Metalik steps into the ring and shakes hands with Zack Ryder. The referee lifts the title in the air for the usual announcements before calling for the bell to get this match underway!

Match 2: NXT Cruiserweight title match: Gran Metalik © vs Zack Ryder

Match summary: Zack Ryder early on catches Gran Metalik out and uses his size advantage to control the match. The commentary team talks about Zack Ryder not wrestling in a traditional Cruiserweight style making it harder for Metalik to adjust. Ryder is in control but Metalik keeps alive each time. Ryder keeps his head thanks to his veteran’s experience but Metalik soon makes a comeback using his Lucha experience to overwhelm Ryder. In the closing stages, he puts away Ryder with a ROPE-RUN DIVING MOONSAULT!

Winner via pinfall and STILL NXT Cruiserweight Champion: Gran Metalik (7:30)

Gran Metalik gets to his feet and holds the NXT Cruiserweight title in the air, soaking in the loud reaction from the fans. Zack Ryder gets back to his feet looking a little disappointed with his loss as Metalik stretches his hand out… RYDER ACCEPTS IT! The two men shake hands as he lifts Metalik’s hand into the air with the crowd cheering them both.

We then cut to the inside of the O.C. LOCKER ROOM as we see FINN BALOR and AJ STYLES standing in front of each other clearly not happy. We see BUDDY MURPHY, BIG CASS, LUKE GALLOWS and KARL ANDERSON hanging in the background looking to keep tensions calm. AJ tells Finn that this mess with Chad Gable is one of his own making and fails to see why the group needs to be out there with him. Finn says they work together as a group to take over Smackdown.

AJ says they don’t need to as a group hear from Chad what the announcement was. Buddy at this point steps forward in between the pair of them saying they are not the only ones in this group and he has his own stuff to say in that ring. Finn looks annoyed but AJ holds his hands up saying sorry and says let's head to the ring. The rest in the back nod with AJ looking at Finn who nods and they all head to the ring whilst Smackdown goes on a commercial break.

Ad break

*EMERGENCE*

THE O.C. walks out onto the entrance ramp getting loud boos from the crowd. FINN BALOR and AJ STYLES lead the way with BUDDY MURPHY, BIG CASS and THE GOOD BROTHERS walking to the ring behind them. Corey Graves talks about last week’s beat-the-clock challenge with Chad Gable winning it and it means he will pick the stipulation for New Year’s Revolution. Byron Saxton says it has clearly gotten to Finn Balor looking at his mood. The O.C. climb into the ring with AJ Styles being the first one to grab a microphone.

He tells the crowd that they may dislike his actions towards Aleister Black last week but it was just business, promising to bring the Universal title to the O.C. Finn takes the microphone next and says the O.C. is all about the business of bringing gold back to the group. He says he has been waiting all week to hear from Chad what the stipulation is and he is done waiting so demand he comes out here right now and confirms the stipulation right now. Boos from the crowd but Finn soon gets his wish as…

*FOR THE ACADEMY*

ALPHA ACADEMY walks out onto the entrance ramp! CHAD GABLE, DANIEL BRYAN, MATT RIDDLE and DANIEL GARICA walk onto the entrance ramp with Chad holding a microphone, taking a moment to soak in the cheers from the live crowd. He points at Finn in the ring, asking if Finn has ever heard the importance of patience. Finn shakes his head, not impressed but Chad tells Finn he doesn’t care about keeping him waiting but he does care about the fans getting a cheap pop.

Chad says he wants to make sure neither man has an excuse when they fight next week at New Year’s Revolution so he is banning everyone from ringside… but that is only part of the stipulation. Chad tells the crowd at New Year’s Revolution it will be a 2 out of 3 falls match! The crowd cheers loudly as Finn looks a bit worried at first but then fakes a smile and mocks Chad saying if he wants to lose twice, so be it. Buddy then signals to Finn he wants the microphone so Finn passes him the mic.

Buddy Murphy says he was listening to Bryan's words last week about approaching the end of his career and how he wants one last chance to win the Rumble. He tells Bryan that he wants to show him it’s not the fact he is at the end of his career slowing him down, no it’s because people like him have surpassed him. Bryan looking self-assured, asks Gable for the microphone and asks Buddy to put that to the test next week. Murphy says he is on but says the O.C. doesn’t believe in waiting either!

Buddy drops the microphone as the O.C. leaves the ring and heads toward the entrance ramp looking for a fight! Alpha Academy ain’t backing down from a fight either and they head down the entrance ramp starting a brawl between the two groups. Alpha Academy gives a good account for themselves considering it is a 4 vs 6 brawl but the numbers game soon starts to tell with The O.C. taking control of the brawl until THE LIGHTS GO OUT AND…

*ROOT OF ALL EVIL*

ALEISTER BLACK APPEARS IN FRONT OF BIG CASS AND HITS BLACK MASS! The big man falls to the floor like a fallen tree whilst Black carries on helping to fight off the rest of the O.C. hitting a BLACK MASS TO LUKE GALLOWS AND KARL ANDERSON! AJ, Balor and Murphy realize they are in trouble as they retreat through the crowd as the segment comes to a close with Alpha Academy and Aleister Black standing tall when…

*SEXY BOY*

SHAWN MICHAELS walks out onto the entrance ramp with a microphone in hand getting a loud pop from the fans. He tells the crowd whilst he enjoys a little fighting on his shows, he is glad it has stopped because right now Alpha Academy will be in action against these two men…

*UNTOUCHABLE*

JACOB FATU and JIMMY USO walk out onto the entrance ramp! Fatu screams to the crowd whilst Jimmy acts jokey and hypes himself up as the commentary team confirms the final spot in next week’s WWE tag team titles ladder match will be decided shortly!

Ad break

Match 3: Qualifying match: Jacob Fatu and Jimmy Uso vs Alpha Academy (Riddle and Garica)

Match summary: We come back from the commercial break, with Jimmy Uso in the ring getting worked over by Daniel Garica. The commentary team brings up the story of the Usos being the inspiration for Jacob Fatu to enter the wrestling business. On the ring apron, we can see the Samoan Werewolf pacing up and down wanting to get into the ring badly. Garcia, though talking to Riddle seems to have the game plan to keep Fatu out of the match for as long as possible due to how dangerous he is!

Jimmy Uso though is an experienced tag team wrestler who knows how to weather a storm when he needs to and escape from Matt Riddle before scrambling to Fatu… MAKING THE TAG TO BRING HIM INTO THE MATCH! Fatu tilts his head with menace and goes on the rampage, tearing both Riddle and Garica apart! Jacob Fatu is in total control of the match as he slams down Riddle and with Jimmy keeping Garica out of the ring, FATU HITS THE MIGHTY MOONSAULT FOR THE WIN!

Winners via pinfall: Jacob Fatu and Jimmy Uso (9:48)

Jacob Fatu and Jimmy Uso get to their feet in the ring, celebrating the win as they know they are one match away from bringing the WWE tag team titles to the Bloodline. Corey Graves says these two have never had a tag team match together but Jacob Fatu was too much of a force of nature to be stopped by Alpha Academy. Byron comments that the other 3 teams in the match might need to work together to stop Fatu.

We cut to THE UNGOVERNABLES who are watching the match on the TV monitor in front of them as KAYLA BRAXTON approaches ZELINA VEGA looking for an interview. She asks if she and her clients have any fears about stepping into the ring with Jacob Fatu. Zelina scoffs in response and says her clients fear no one calling all of her clients the best of the best. DOMINIK DIJAKOVIC chimes in to say that Fatu is not a tag team wrestler and is familiar with his partner Jimmy like he is with SHINSUKE NAKAMURA!

Zelina carries on saying The Usos are an experienced team but these two have never worked together before. She brings up Born to Fly saying they are led by Jeff Hardy who is known for ladder matches but nearly always loses in them. Last but not least she comes to Heavy Machinery saying their little groupie isn’t going to help them next Friday because The Ungovernables will be keeping the WWE tag team titles around their waist. Dijakovic and Nakamura lift their belts in the air bringing the segment to an end.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, TAYNARA CONTI is shown walking through the back looking pissed off when she is stopped for an interview by KEVIN PATRICK! Kevin asks her how she is feeling after the recent attacks by Ember Moon. Conti swears in Portuguese at first before telling Kevin she is looking to kick her ass for everything she has done and doesn’t plan on waiting till the New Year.

We hear a laugh coming from off-camera and we pan over to see EMBER MOON with a bunch of security guards in front of her. Taynara tries to get past them but she is unable to as Ember says they are here for her benefit. She tells Conti that she is not getting her hands dirty until she has to because the minute she is done with Conti, she is going to get back her WWE Women’s title. Ember Moon leaves as the security keeps Conti back to the Brazilian’s anger.

We cut to BORN TO FLY who are hanging out backstage with JEFF HARDY standing up whilst MANSOOR looks to his mentor. Jeff says next Friday is a huge chance so late in his career and so early in Mansoor's career. Mansoor asks Jeff what the plan for them is and Jeff tells him they will be flying high on Friday Night, promising to put his body on the line one more time for these fans if it means grabbing those tag team titles once again!

*ONE PROBLEM*

MARINA SHAFIR marches out onto the entrance ramp with a scowl on her face. The crowd boos the problem solver as she walks to the ring with purpose. Corey Graves says Ronda Rousey has tasked her with getting rid of Bianca Belair after she stopped the MMA Horsewomen from getting involved in her title match with Asuka. Byron says it will be easier said than done when it comes to stepping into the ring with the EST!

*WATCH ME SHINE*

BIANCA BELAIR walks out onto the entrance ramp whipping her hair and she is mostly getting cheers from the live crowd, having endeared herself to the fans over the last few months even with her cocky attitude. Corey mentions that Bianca Belair is undefeated since joining the Smackdown Live roster and might be just over a week away from becoming WWE Women’s Champion. Byron says Belair has risen up the ranks ever since being drafted to Smackdown and 2021 could be her year. Belair steps into the ring smirking at Marina before the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway.

Match 4: Bianca Belair vs Marina Shafir

Match summary: Belair and Marina have a slug fest early on with neither woman wanting to back down from the other. Marina holds her own relative well but Belair shows her great power and starts to slam Marina around the ring. Shafir tries to go for submissions but Belair has done her homework, finding an escape for each one before taking control of the match and finishing Marina off with the K.O.D!

Winner via pinfall: Bianca Belair (5:46)

Belair gets to her feet but not before kicking Marina from the ring and talking trash to the former MMA fighter. She leans over the ropes and demands a microphone from someone at ringside before returning to the middle of the ring. She tells the fans that she is still UN-DE-FEA-TED since coming to Smackdown with some of the fans chanting along. Belair notices and tells the fans they are starting to see what she has known. She is the E.S.T and the best around. Belair is about to carry on when…

*THE FUTURE (V2)*

ASUKA makes her way out to the ring! She gets loud cheers from the live crowd as she proudly shows off her WWE Women’s title before walking down the entrance ramp and joining Belair inside. Belair asks what the champ wants as Asuka takes a microphone and walks towards Belair saying they might fight next week but they owe two people payback. Belair nods and says she knows who she is on about, demanding The Iiconics get their asses out here right now. And it doesn’t take too long as…

*ICONIC/FEMME FATALE*

THE IICONICS make their way out! PEYTON ROYCE and BILLIE KAY each have microphones in their hands as they look to address the live crowd. They tell the pair in the ring that last week was just them showing the world who truly belongs in the WWE Women’s title picture. Peyton even says they spoke to Shawn and after their performance in last year’s Royal Rumble, he has entered them into the Royal Rumble once again. Boos from the crowd as Billie says they can promise the winner will be Iconic!

Belair getting sick of this says all that means 28 women are going to get the chance to whoop your ass! The crowd loudly cheers as Asuka says they want to whoop their asses right now. The Iiconics shake their head saying they also spoke to Shawn and on next week’s Smackdown, The Iiconics will be fighting the pair of them, showing the world who the real top women on this brand are. The Iiconics retreat backstage to boos leading to Asuka and Belair having a stare-down whilst we go to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we see clips of BRAUN STROWMAN hyping him up ahead of his return to the ring. We see the clips come to an end with the message saying he will return to action on Smackdown next week!

We then cut to ERICK ROWAN standing backstage in a gothic shirt with a scowl on his face. He towers over the camera and doesn’t look to be in a good mood. He says he had a sweet deal going with John Morrison, being paid to be his back up but he had to go and get injured. The big man shakes his head and says he now has to work for his money so he is going to start with a former flock member of his. He tells Braun he knows he is coming back and how he walked away from the family. Rowan says next week he will make him regret ever coming back to Smackdown!

We then cut to REY MYSTERIO and DOMINIK MYSTERIO standing backstage with Rey having a serious look on his face. He tells his son that times like this are why he didn’t want his son to enter the wrestling business. He says sometimes it comes down to more than a wrestling match and your issues need to be solved with a fight. Dominik says he saw the good and the bad of his dad’s career growing up so he is ready for anything.

Rey nods like a proud dad and says he is glad his son understands because, on the New Year’s Revolution pre-show, they are going to take on The Authors of Pain in a tornado-tagged street fight! Dominik gets fired up and promises the duo that they might have the size advantage but they aren’t a family like him and his dad, promising to put down the remains of Seth’s Church. Rey nods and tells the camera that once they take care of this business, it’s time for them to be the first father-and-son tag team champions!

Ad break

*LOYALTY IS EVERYTHING*

SHAYNA BASZLER walks to the ring and is joined by her tag team partner RONDA ROUSEY on the way to the ring, hoisting the WWE Women’s Tag Team titles into the air. We can see a bunch of Christmas trees set up around ringside and all the usual Christmas decorations as the commentary team hype up the main event Miracle on 34th Street Fight! Shayna stands in the ring, jumping up and down as she waits for…

*SKY’S THE LIMIT (REMIX)*

SASHA BANKS! She is also joined by her best friend BAYLEY with the two women sharing a hug before heading towards the ring. Corey Graves confirms we will see Ronda Rousey take on Bayley in next week’s main event of Smackdown. Byron says right now Bayley will need to keep her eye on not just Ronda but just in case Marina tries to get involved from the backstage area. Banks joins Baszler in the ring as the referee calls for the bell and gets the match underway!

Main event: Miracle on 34th Street fight: Shayna Baszler vs Sasha Banks

Match summary: Baszler and Banks go after each other in hard fashion, laying into each other with hard strikes. Both women are evenly matched and at least in the opening stages, Ronda Rousey stays watching at ringside. With the match moving out of the opening stages, the women make use of the weapons at ringside including Candy cane colored kendo sticks, Christmas tree, baking trays and other such wonderful festive items on this glorious Christmas night!

Shayna and Sasha are evenly matched as the match goes along but Sasha starts to take control, favouring the more chaotic environment and even looking to win the match with a modified BANK STATEMENT USING A CANDY CANE KENDO STICK… BUT RONDA INTERFERES ATTACKING BANKS! Bayley isn’t going to stand for that and slides into the ring starting a brawl with Ronda! It turns into a sort of tornado tag… UNTIL MARINA SHAFIR RUNS OUT FROM THE BACK TO HELP RONDA AND SHAYNA!

The numbers game proves to work to the advantage of the MMA Horsewomen until… CARMELLA RUNS OUT FROM THE BACK! The commentary team mentions Carmella’s friendship with Bayley going back to their days in NXT and beyond! She works with Banks and Bayley as they overwhelm the MMA Horsewomen before to the delight of the crowd bringing a table decorated like a Christmas present. Bayley and Carmella put Shayna on the table before Sasha DIVES OFF THE TOP ROPE HITTING A FROG SPLASH AND SHE SPEAKS UP THE WIN!

Winner via pinfall: Sasha Banks (16:26)

Sasha Banks gets back to her feet and shares a hug with Bayley before also hugging Carmella thanking her for the help. Ronda and Marina grab Shayna as they retreat up the entrance ramp leaving the 3 baby faces to celebrate the win as the commentary team wishes the fans at home a Merry Christmas!

Main event:
Ronda Rousey vs Bayley

WWE tag team titles ladder match:
The Ungovernables © vs Born to Fly vs Heavy Machinery vs Jacob Fatu and Jimmy Uso

Singles match:
Daniel Bryan vs Buddy Murphy

Singles match:
Braun Strowman vs Erick Rowan

Tag team match:
Asuka and Bianca Belair vs The Iiconics

Matchcard for New Year Revolution:

Las Vegas, Nevada
January 3rd:

SET IT OFF FT SCENE QUEEN – WIN WIN

Universal title match:
Aleister Black © vs AJ Styles

WWE Women’s title match:
Asuka © vs Bianca Belair

Women’s tag team titles match:
The MMA Horsewomen © vs Boss ‘N’ Hug Connection

United States title 2 out of 3 falls match:
Finn Balor © vs Chad Gable

Singles match:
Roman Reigns vs Edge

Singles match:
Ember Moon vs Taynara Conti

Singles match:
Kevin Owens vs Karrion Kross

Pre-show

Tornado tag team street fight:
The Mysterios vs The Authors of Pain

Matchcard for Royal Rumble
January 31st 2021
St Louis, Missouri

The Dome at Americans Center

EVA UNDER FIRE – I WILL FIGHT

Men’s Royal Rumble match:
Daniel Bryan, Keith Lee, Kofi Kingston and 27 entrants

Women’s Royal Rumble match:
Billie Kay, Nia Jax, Peyton Royce, Rhea Ripley and 26 other entrants

WWE title match:
Samoa Joe vs ???

And

Bad Bunny will perform his new song: Booker T!

EWR Rating:
72%

Last edited:

Tg11

Reaction score
- Merry Christmas everybody and it was a good Christmas Day episode of Smackdown here in this diary I loved it!!! Definitely had that holiday feel to it especially in the main event...a Miracle on 34th Street Fight with Sasha Banks beating one half of the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions Shayna Baszler of the MMA Horsewomen...what a great main event

- Figured the MMA Horsewomen would get involved in the main event and Bayley tries to even the odds for her friend but then Carmella...Mella we haven't seen her in months possibly even longer than that. MELLA IS MONEY and Mella evens the odds for Bayley and Sasha...loved it

- Jacob Fatu & his cousin Jimmy Uso beat Alpha Academy to qualify for the WWE Tag Team Championship Ladder Match...this no doubt has to make The Tribal Chief the Head of the Table the OTC Roman Reigns very happy...bring gold to The Bloodline

- The Bloodline have to be the favorites going into the Ladder Match...because of the X factor Jacob Fatu...you can't study him because no one in this match has ever been in the ring with him. Zelina can talk all the trash she wants when it comes to her clients The Ungovernables being WWE Tag Team Champions but does she not realize her team is going up against 3 other teams and especially in a Ladder Match? That puts them at a major disadvantage and not only that but Zelina does she not realize any members of The Bloodline could show up to help Jimmy and Jacob win those titles like Naomi & Tamina or even Roman himself to ensure The Bloodline walks out with the gold. It's no DQ.

- Roman Reigns vs Edge I cannot wait for because whoever wins that specific match will probably put themselves into getting a Championship match at Royal Rumble 2021 against whoever the WWE Universal Champion is

- 2 out of 3 Falls for the WWE United States Championship between Balor & Gable and all of The OC are banned from ringside and all of Alpha Academy are banned from ringside...straight 1 on 1 I love it

- Rowan/Braun as a match up I can't wait for

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Main event:

Mickie James, Mia Yim and Eva Marie defeated Twisted Sisters and Lana (6:26)

Franky Monet defeated Xia Li (7:02)
Lucha House Party defeated The Linebackers (5:44)
Rowe defeated Nathan Frazer (8:40)
Main event: Ricochet defeated Tony Nese (10:25)

NXT Takeover: Boxing Day

Madison Square Garden
December 26th

NXT World title match: Keith Lee © vs Damien Priest
North American title match: Johnny Gargano © vs KUSHIDA
NXT Women’s title match: Io Shirai © vs Deonna Purrazzo
Number one contender’s match for NXT World title: Kyle O’Riley vs Adam Cole
NXT tag team titles match: Grizzled Young Veterans © vs The Undisputed Era
Cruiserweight title match iron survivor match: Gran Metalik © vs Santos Escobar vs Drake Maverick vs Mike Kanellis vs AR Fox

Robert Stone Brand vs Toni Storm, Mercedes Martinez, Emma and Kylinn King

Tg11

Reaction score
I'm surprised The Undisputed Era is still together but I love that they are because it is a faction that should have never have broken up but you have O'Reilly vs Cole for #1 Contendership for the NXT Championship...I'm guessing Kyle is out of The Undisputed Era and it is just Cole, Fish & Strong?

Santos Escobar wins the NXT Cruiserweight Championship ending Metallik's run as champion...I figured if anyone was going to do it, it would probably be Santos

Deonna Purrazzo as NXT Women's Champion...I can dig it

Gargano as NXT North American Champion...for how much longer before he loses that title?

Keith Lee has been beating challenger after challenger for that title the NXT Championship and now beating Damian Priest...I wonder if he ends up having a lengthy title run

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I'm surprised The Undisputed Era is still together but I love that they are because it is a faction that should have never have broken up but you have O'Reilly vs Cole for #1 Contendership for the NXT Championship...I'm guessing Kyle is out of The Undisputed Era and it is just Cole, Fish & Strong?

Santos Escobar wins the NXT Cruiserweight Championship ending Metallik's run as champion...I figured if anyone was going to do it, it would probably be Santos

Deonna Purrazzo as NXT Women's Champion...I can dig it

Gargano as NXT North American Champion...for how much longer before he loses that title?

Keith Lee has been beating challenger after challenger for that title the NXT Championship and now beating Damian Priest...I wonder if he ends up having a lengthy title run
Tbf in real life at this point they had not broken up yet. Keith Lee is also on 173 days and counting as NXT Champion at this point (in part because Kross and Balor are on main unlike real life plus I wanted Keith to have a LONG NXT title reign not a short one as have big plans for him when he joins Raw or Smackdown)

Reactions: Tg11