WWE 2019: No Wildcards

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tg11

Reaction score
- Sasha Banks & Bayley vs Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship being the main event of the show going on last I definitely did not expect that. But this match definitely has to go down as one of the best Women's main events in this diary period. I was thoroughly entertained throughout and Sasha & Bayley going over here in this match to become WWE Women's Tag Team Champions means the MMA Horsewomen can't cross over shows anymore. Means Ronda has to stay on her own show on the blue brand on Smackdown and Shayna Baszler has to stay on her own show on the red brand on RAW.

- I wonder if this leads to the MMA Horsewomen kicking Ronda Rousey out of the group? Or Shayna gets kicked out of the group?

- Darkness continues to fall and rain on the WWE Universe as Aleister Black retains his WWE Universal Championship beating AJ Styles...now that Black has done that, it begs the question of who the next #1 Contender ends up being? Or who will get a WWE Universal Championship match at Royal Rumble 2021 to face Black especially on the blue brand?

- It seems that there might be trouble in paradise within The OC since Balor lost the WWE United States Championship back to Chad Gable and AJ lost his opportunity to become WWE Universal Champion losing to Aleister Black

- The Head of the Table, my Chief, your Chief our Tribal Chief Roman Reigns beats The Rated R Superstar Edge in this Dream Match...first time ever 1 on 1 match between these 2 in a clash of generations here. But with Roman beating Edge it just further solidifies Roman as being the best of this generation bar none. Roman I wonder if he sets his sights now on the WWE Universal Championship especially now that he's beaten Edge?

- I wonder if Roman Reigns will start to wear the Ula Fala signifying that he & he alone is the Tribal Chief of the Anoa'i Family?

- Zelina Vega's clients Shinsuke Nakamura & Dominik Dijakovic of The Ungovernables are in the 2021 Men's Royal Rumble Match...Nakamura is a former Rumble winner in 2018 and Dijakovic has never been in a Rumble so I wonder what that means for the rest of her clients like Andrade, Garza and Carrillo? Do they enter the Royal Rumble Match themselves as well?

- How about Zelina herself? Does she enter the 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Match as an entrant?

- I'm not surprised that her clients want the Tag Titles back

- Asuka ends the undefeated streak of Bianca Belair to retain her WWE Women's Championship...I mean Asuka had an undefeated streak herself for the longest before it was ended by Charlotte Flair at WrestleMania 34 in 2018 and Asuka does the same all be it to Bianca Belair...but I wonder if Bianca decides to enter the 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Match?

- I can definitely see Ember Moon getting fined or even suspended after what she just did hitting that referee with a wicked elbow smash after Ember lost her match to Tay Conti...but Conti gets a huge win here...definitely has to put her in the conversation for the WWE Women's Championship

- Ronda Rousey says she's going to force the issue to get her WWE Women's Championship match against Asuka...but how is she going to do that? Attacking WWE Smackdown Commissioner Shawn Michaels because if she does that, that's an automatic fine & suspension so unless she just attacks her fellow superstars until Michaels gives her what she wants

- Chad Gable & Finn Balor for the WWE United States Championship in a 2 out of 3 Falls Match stole the show for me most definitely...what a back & forth match but it ends in Gable once again becoming WWE United States Champion...he is a how many time WWE United States Champion now in this diary?

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
- Sasha Banks & Bayley vs Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship being the main event of the show going on last I definitely did not expect that. But this match definitely has to go down as one of the best Women's main events in this diary period. I was thoroughly entertained throughout and Sasha & Bayley going over here in this match to become WWE Women's Tag Team Champions means the MMA Horsewomen can't cross over shows anymore. Means Ronda has to stay on her own show on the blue brand on Smackdown and Shayna Baszler has to stay on her own show on the red brand on RAW.

- I wonder if this leads to the MMA Horsewomen kicking Ronda Rousey out of the group? Or Shayna gets kicked out of the group?

- Darkness continues to fall and rain on the WWE Universe as Aleister Black retains his WWE Universal Championship beating AJ Styles...now that Black has done that, it begs the question of who the next #1 Contender ends up being? Or who will get a WWE Universal Championship match at Royal Rumble 2021 to face Black especially on the blue brand?

- It seems that there might be trouble in paradise within The OC since Balor lost the WWE United States Championship back to Chad Gable and AJ lost his opportunity to become WWE Universal Champion losing to Aleister Black

- The Head of the Table, my Chief, your Chief our Tribal Chief Roman Reigns beats The Rated R Superstar Edge in this Dream Match...first time ever 1 on 1 match between these 2 in a clash of generations here. But with Roman beating Edge it just further solidifies Roman as being the best of this generation bar none. Roman I wonder if he sets his sights now on the WWE Universal Championship especially now that he's beaten Edge?

- I wonder if Roman Reigns will start to wear the Ula Fala signifying that he & he alone is the Tribal Chief of the Anoa'i Family?

- Zelina Vega's clients Shinsuke Nakamura & Dominik Dijakovic of The Ungovernables are in the 2021 Men's Royal Rumble Match...Nakamura is a former Rumble winner in 2018 and Dijakovic has never been in a Rumble so I wonder what that means for the rest of her clients like Andrade, Garza and Carrillo? Do they enter the Royal Rumble Match themselves as well?

- How about Zelina herself? Does she enter the 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Match as an entrant?

- I'm not surprised that her clients want the Tag Titles back

- Asuka ends the undefeated streak of Bianca Belair to retain her WWE Women's Championship...I mean Asuka had an undefeated streak herself for the longest before it was ended by Charlotte Flair at WrestleMania 34 in 2018 and Asuka does the same all be it to Bianca Belair...but I wonder if Bianca decides to enter the 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Match?

- I can definitely see Ember Moon getting fined or even suspended after what she just did hitting that referee with a wicked elbow smash after Ember lost her match to Tay Conti...but Conti gets a huge win here...definitely has to put her in the conversation for the WWE Women's Championship

- Ronda Rousey says she's going to force the issue to get her WWE Women's Championship match against Asuka...but how is she going to do that? Attacking WWE Smackdown Commissioner Shawn Michaels because if she does that, that's an automatic fine & suspension so unless she just attacks her fellow superstars until Michaels gives her what she wants

- Chad Gable & Finn Balor for the WWE United States Championship in a 2 out of 3 Falls Match stole the show for me most definitely...what a back & forth match but it ends in Gable once again becoming WWE United States Champion...he is a how many time WWE United States Champion now in this diary?
Chad Gable is now a 2 time United States Champion in this diary

Tg11

Reaction score
The road to WrestleMania 37 (Jerry World Cowboys Stadium in Dallas, Texas) in this diary starts now as we are on our way to Royal Rumble 2021 as a pay per view and Royal Rumble is one of my favorite pay per views of the whole calendar year...why?

Because we get 2 Royal Rumble Matches...1 for the Men and 1 for the Women...whoever wins their respective Royal Rumble Matches gets a main event Championship match against the champion of their choice at WrestleMania either on Night 1 or on Night 2

And then you have the Championship Matches with Samoa Joe of The Hurt Business defending his WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble against Sami Zayn who won a 20 Man Over the Top Rope Battle Royal to get this opportunity

Aleister Black is most likely defending his WWE Universal Championship at Royal Rumble 2021 but against who? We don't know

Charlotte Flair or Shayna Baszler depending on whoever wins that match for the WWE Women's Universal Championship is going to have to defend that title at the Rumble

Asuka with her being WWE Women's Champion is also going to have to defend her title at the PPV as well

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Post-PPV News update

Correct answers for the predictions contest:
TG11: 12/25
RDT: 3/25

So TG11 will get to pick an entrant into the Women’s Rumble!

Asuka vs Taynara Conti signed for the Royal Rumble PPV!
A big announcement coming out of the New Year Revolution PPV is Taynara Conti being granted a shot at the WWE Women’s title against Asuka, after overcoming Ember Moon earlier tonight. HBK clearly feels Conti has earned a huge opportunity versus the Empress of tomorrow and she will get the chance to fight her at the Royal Rumble PPV. Will she be able to pull off another huge shock like she did when she tossed Sasha Banks out of the Rumble last year and made the final four?

A last-minute booking change to the PPV
One title change that shocked a few people was Chad Gable winning back the United States title from Finn Balor. Sources say the decision to have Balor drop the title to Gable was a last-minute call and was due to changing of plans for the Road to WrestleMania for both men plus another superstar as well. It’s not been confirmed which superstar the changes were made for but it is rumoured that the plans for Finn Balor were to defend his United States title against AJ Styles.

Ember Moon fined for her assault on a referee

Ember Moon has been fined by Shawn Michaels after she attacked the referee in the closing stages of her singles match with Taynara Conti earlier tonight. Ember Moon took to social media to complain about the fine and called the referee a “hussy” as her temper issues carry on.

Injury update list (EWR):
R-Truth (9-12 months)
John Morrison (6-9 months)
A-Kid (6-9 months)
Shane Throne (6-9 months)
Candice LeRae (3-6 months)
Bobby Lashley (1-3 months)
Elias (1-3 months)
Jey Uso (1-3 months)
Montez Ford (1-3 months)
Pete Dunne (1-3 months)
Liv Morgan (Unknown)
Hanson (Unknown)
Lacey Evans (unknown)
Bobby Roode (unknown)
Randy Orton (unknown
)

Matchcard for Royal Rumble
January 31st 2021
St Louis, Missouri

The Dome at Americans Center

EVA UNDER FIRE – I WILL FIGHT

Men’s Royal Rumble match:
Braun Strowman, Daniel Bryan, Dominik Dijakovic, Drew McIntyre, Keith Lee, Kofi Kingston, Shinsuke Nakamura and 23 entrants

Women’s Royal Rumble match:
Billie Kay, Deonna Purrazzo, Franky Monet, Natalya, Nia Jax, Peyton Royce, Rhea Ripley and 23 other entrants

WWE title match:

Samoa Joe © vs Sami Zayn

WWE Women’s title match:

Asuka © vs Taynara Conti

And

Bad Bunny will perform his new song: Booker T!

Tg11

Reaction score
Picking a women's Royal Rumble Match entrant I will tell you via DM because I don't wanna ruin it

Asuka being a fighting champion facing Tay Conti for the WWE Women's Championship...no doubt will be babyface vs babyface as a contest with the crowd being torn

Makes sense why you didn't pull the trigger on Balor/Styles especially because you wanna build towards an OC Civil War I'm sure and if that's the plan then seeds would have to be planted more...but either Styles gets kicked out of the faction or Balor does

Ember Moon gets fined but Shawn as GM should have suspended Ember indefinitely to further make an example out of her

But knowing Ember like I do...I can see her forcing HBK's hand and he has no choice but to add Ember into the match to make it a Triple Threat Match at the Rumble

Tg11

Reaction score
But Ronda Rousey did say she would force her way into getting a rematch against Asuka for that title...so I wonder if Ronda instead gets added into the mix and it becomes a whole Fatal 4 Way Match for the title at the Rumble?

Or does Ronda enter the 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Match? Her fellow MMA Horsewomen teammate Natalya is already in the match so I wonder if Ronda decides that the only way to get back to the title is if she enters the Women's Royal Rumble Match?

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Monday Night Raw
January 4th 2021
Brooklyn, New York
Barclays Centre

HOUSE OF MEMORIES – PANIC AT THE DISCO

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*WORLDS APART*

The first Monday Night Raw of 2021 begins with the number one contender for the WWE title SAMI ZAYN making his way out to the ring getting loud cheers from the live crowd. The commentary team of Michael Cole and Elias welcome us to the show. They hype up the main event which will see Keith Lee defend his NXT World title against James Storm but to start the show we are going to hear from Sami Zayn! They confirm he won last week’s battle royal to earn the WWE title shot at the Royal Rumble as the Underdog from the Underground hops into the ring!

Sami takes a moment before speaking to the live crowd. He tells the fans that 2020 was a great year for him. He says it was rough missing out on WrestleMania but he got revenge on Randy Orton making sure he paid for what he did to him. Cheers from the live crowd as Sami brings up the biggest achievement for him: winning the Intercontinental title, his first singles gold since NXT! He says the moment he beat John Morrison, it felt like he was arriving as a singles competitor after years away.

He talks about loving his best friend Kevin but sometimes feels defined by him. He says winning the tag team titles showed he could win gold and while he lost to Swerve Strickland at Starrcade, he knows he can beat Samoa Joe! Cheers from the live crowd as Sami says Samoa Joe is one of the most dominant superstars the WWE has seen and puts over his wins over Brock Lesnar, John Cena and Drew McIntyre but he knows he can overcome the odds and defeat…

*COLISEUM CLASH*

SAMOA JOE INTERRUPTS WALKING ONTO THE ENTRANCE RAMP!
He gets a loud mixed reaction from the live crowd standing at the top of the entrance ramp in a crisp suit. Sami Zayn shows no fear in the ring and welcomes him to join him inside but Joe declines. Joe says for Sami’s benefit, he is going to remain at the top of the entrance ramp because he wants to give Sami 4 weeks to prepare for the biggest beating he is ever going to receive in his life!

Loud boos from the live crowd as Joe smirks at the crowd and tells them they might not like it but they need to accept it, promising that Sami would have to take this title from his cold dead hands! Sami chuckles saying he plans on doing what he needs to take that title and references Joe taking years like him to get gold on Raw. Joe scowls and tells Sami they are nothing alike, with Joe pointing out his dominant reign as United States Champion in 2019.

Joe says he crushed everyone in his way while Sami Zayn just survived his challengers. Sami says he won in each of those battles, overcoming self-proclaimed legends and anyone willing to fight him. He tells Joe that he is willing to put his body on the line to become a World Champion as it is something he has dreamed of all of his life. Joe finishes the promo by saying he will be glad to crush the dreams of Sami Zayn and choke the life out of him!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ad break
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we return from the commercial break, we see DANI LUNA leaving WADE BARRETT’S OFFICE before being stopped by CATHY KELLEY who is looking for an interview! She asks what Dani was talking to Wade Barrett about and with a smile on her face, she confirms she will be entering the Royal Rumble. She says she plans to keep up her momentum and earn the Women’s Universal title shot she missed out on last week but this time at WrestleMania 37!

*FORCE OF GREATNESS*

NIA JAX
walks out onto the entrance ramp getting boos from the live crowd before walking to the ring with purpose. Michael Cole brings up her entrance into the Royal Rumble and wonders who will be able to eliminate her from the match. Elias says her missing a year of action means she missed last year’s match and it will be a new threat for the entire field.

*NUMBER ONE*

MIA YIM
gets a decent number of boos from the live crowd as she walks to the ring with a cocky attitude and talks trash to the fans. Michael Cole says she will be looking to impress Wade Barrett and get one of the Raw spots in the Royal Rumble. Elias says winning this match would go a long way to impressing the commissioner for the brand.

*PARTY ALL THE TIME*

K2
make their way out onto the entrance ramp getting decent cheers from the fans. KATANA CHANCE and KAYDEN CARTER slap hands with a few of the kids in the front row, having a big smile on their faces. Michael Cole and Elias both agree that either woman entering the Royal Rumble would be a big deal at this early stage of their career plus they have the advantage coming into this match as they are used to teaming up. Kayden starts for K2 whilst Mia Yim starts for her team as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway!

Match 1: K2 vs Nia Jax and Mia Yim

Match summary:
The match is a battle between the two game plans as K2 tries to use their pace to overwhelm the unusual duo whilst Mia Yim tries to use her partner’s power to get them out of dodge and pick up the win. In the closing stages, K2 keeps Mia Yim isolated in the ring and doesn’t let Nia get a tag to come back into the match allowing Katana Chance to hit Mia Yim with a 450 SPLASH FOR THE WIN!

Winners via pinfall: K2 (5:25)

Carter jumps into the ring and celebrates with Katana Chance, with the duo having picked up a big win on Raw and maybe giving one of them a spot in the Royal Rumble. Nia Jax fumes on the ring apron as the commentary team puts over the game plan of K2 being the difference of this match, showing the strengths of being an established team in a tag team match. Mia Yim gets back to her feet looking annoyed at the loss… NIA JAX ATTACKS HER FROM BEHIND!

Mia Yim falls to the mat as the crowd cheers for a moment… UNTIL NIA JAX WIPES OUT K2 AS WELL! She lays a beating on the two party girls as well as her tag team partner tonight, clearly not happy about the loss ahead of the rumble. She lays each of them out with a POWERSLAM before standing tall after throwing them all out of the ring. The commentary team wonders if this is a sign of things to come in the Royal Rumble in four weeks!

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we see JAMES STORM arriving at the arena with a cowboy hat and a suitcase, with a crate of beer resting on top of it. He is stopped for an interview by TOM PHILLIPS who asks how he is feeling ahead of his main event match tonight for the NXT title. James’s smirking tells Tom that the main event is where he belongs and that’s what he has been telling people when his tag partner Bobby Roode was by his side and he’ll say it twice as loud now.

Tom Phillips asks how he has prepared for tonight’s main event. James Storm says he is saving the beer and celebrations for when he wins the NXT title but he has made sure he is stocked up early, promising to even bring some beer to ringside to celebrate there and then. Tom finishes up the interview by asking James Storm if the rumor of him being picked for the Rumble is true. Storm smirks and says it is, telling Tom he will be walking into the match as NXT Champion!

MUSTAFA ALI is then shown walking through an alleyway in a hoodie with a serious look on his face. He says this is the second time he has felt this close to an opportunity at the WWE title. He gives Sami Zayn credit and says if there was a man he was going to lose to, it was at least a worthy one in Sami. He says the last time this happened it was another worthy man who got his spot, Kofi Kingston as he brings up the injury that took him out of the Elimination Chamber and started Kofimania!

He remembers those days and his rivalry at the time with one Samoa Joe! He takes a moment smiling and says Joe like him, has come a long way since then. Both winning gold and making a name for themselves. He says he beat Joe in those days and he knows he is capable of doing it again. He informs us that he will be entering the Royal Rumble as he knows how to bring down the Hurt Business and not only does he want his Cruiserweight title back but he also wants the WWE title as well!

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, PIPER NIVEN and MELINA are walking through the backstage area chatting to each other when they bump into the HOUSE OF COUTURE! JINNY and AMALE give the pair a dirty look prompting Piper to ask what their problem is. Jinny looks them up and down saying for starters their outfits are awful. Amale chimes in to say it is the typical fashion common American trash would wear. Piper rolls her eyes and reminds the pair she is Scottish.

Melina steps forward and tells Jinny she hasn’t forgotten what happened last week in the number one contender’s match. Jinny chimes in saying she would be happy to beat her like she beat her tag team partner. Both teams look like coming to blows when WADE BARRETT appears and tells them to stop fighting. He tells both teams he is still making up his mind on which Raw superstars will enter the Rumble but says it will be Piper vs Amale and Melina vs Jinny, asking the superstars to impress him if they want a spot in the match.

We then cut to BREEZANGO standing backstage with a rare serious expression on their face. FANDANGO speaks first telling the camera that they are sick of The Hurt Business thinking this is their show to run and do as they please. TYLER BREEZE says they might be pretty but they are not afraid to get in a fight and promises they are not done trying to take gold from the Hurt Business. Breezango made it clear that they are coming for the World tag team titles and they intend on finally breaking their duck when it comes to being champions.

*COMBATIVE*

ONEY LORCAN
makes his way out getting boos from the live crowd. He has a scowl on his face as he walks to the ring, looking all business tonight. He is flanked by his tag team partner DANNY BURCH on the way to the ring as well. The commentary team confirms this match was made per the request of Angelo Dawkins after they taunted his tag team partner Montez Ford’s recent broken arm.

*BRING THE SWAG*

ANGELO DAWKINS
gets a decent pop from the live crowd and even brings out a few red cups, passing them to fans in the crowd as he tries to psyche them up. Michael Cole says Angelo Dawkins is not known for his singles exploits but he has a chance to prove himself tonight against a game Oney Lorcan. Elias says he will need to watch for Danny on the outside. Both men are in the ring as the referee calls for the bell to get the match underway!

Match 2: Angelo Dawkins vs Oney Lorcan w/Danny Burch

Match summary:
Angelo comes into this match with a size advantage but Oney is more experienced with singles matches. He uses his strikes and chops to wear down Dawkins and keeps away from his power game in this match. Danny watches from ringside, taunting Dawkins in the ring but he stays out of the match confident Oney will be able to put away Dawkins. However, Dawkins survives the offense of Oney Lorcan and puts him away with THE SILENCER (Spinning neckbreaker)!

Winner via pinfall: Angelo Dawkins (7:25)

Angelo Dawkins gets to his feet as Danny Burch looks furious outside the ring. The commentary team puts this over as a big win for Angelo Dawkins and proves he can hang in the ring just like his tag team partner Montez Ford. Danny Burch pulls Oney Lorcan out of the ring and retreats up the entrance ramp talking trash whilst Dawkins carries on his celebrations in the ring.

Ad break

*LOYALTY IS EVERYTHING*

SHAYNA BASZLER
makes her way out onto the entrance ramp getting loud boos from the live crowd and for the first time since June 8th 2020, she is without any gold around her waist. She has a scowl on her face and is followed by a bit more of a timid-looking NATALYA and JESSAMYN DUKE! Michael Cole fills in those who missed the New Year’s Revolution PPV that the Boss ‘N’ Connection as a team won the tag team titles for the third time last night with Banks and Bayley in their own rights becoming 4-time champions.

Elias says Shayna Baszler looked angry last night and doesn’t think she has calmed down since then. She climbs into the ring and snatches the microphone from a stagehand starting the promo by saying she wants to address last night. She reminds the crowd that she was not pinned last night and it was Ronda’s fault they lost the tag team titles! That gets some looks from Natalya and Jessamyn Duke behind her as Shayna blames Ronda for being in the wrong position and that’s what cost them the tag team titles!

Shayna tells the crowd that due to them being on different brands, they have been told by Wade Barrett, Shawn Michaels and William Regal they will not be getting a rematch for their titles getting loud cheers from the crowd prompting a scowl from Shayna. She says they are trying to hold the MMA Horsewomen back because they know how dangerous we are! She says that it is fine because when she gets back her Women’s Universal title and Ronda becomes WWE Women’s Champion again, they will no longer be able to deny us. Loud boos from the crowd as Shayna looks to carry on…

*ALL HAIL THE QUEEN*

CHARLOTTE FLAIR WALKS OUT WITH A MICROPHONE IN HAND!
She gets a loud pop as she is at the top of the entrance ramp looking at Shayna Baszler. She tells Shayna that this title is going nowhere and no one loves gold more than a Flair. Shayna points at Charlotte promising she will break every limb Charlotte has to take back that title but Charlotte says she will fight with everything she has to make sure this title stays out of Shayna’s hands. The crowd is loudly behind the Queen but Shayna promises to break her and if they fought 100 times, she would win 99 out of them calling Starrcade a fluke.

Charlotte smirks and seems to have an idea due to that statement. She tells Shayna that she believes that, why don’t they add a stipulation to next week’s match? Shayna says she will beat Charlotte in whatever match she wants and Charlotte challenges her to an hour-long Ironwoman match! Loud cheers from the crowd as Shayna in the ring accepts and promises that by the end of the hour, every limb on Charlotte’s body will be broken. Charlotte counters saying she is her father’s daughter and no one can do an Ironwoman match like a Flair!

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we see CATHY KELLEY standing ready for an interview and introducing her guest at this time: KEITH LEE! He has the NXT title over his shoulder and a smug smirk on his face as Cathy asks how he is feeling ahead of the main event. Keith gives James Storm credit calling him an experienced veteran who has wrestled for years but has always been in his partner’s shadow. He tells Storm he has some bad news for him promising he will now be in his shadow instead.

Cathy says Keith Lee must be feeling confident about his match tonight and he nods, telling her that he is limitless and there is a reason he has been NXT Champion for 6 months. She then changes the subject to the Royal Rumble as she wonders if he has a plan for it. Keith shakes his head but says he wants to add a title to his other shoulder once again and says whilst the Rumble is full of top stars, all of them will bask in his glory bringing the interview to an end!

We next cut to WADE BARRETT’S office and we can see DAKOTA KAI and RUBY RIOTT standing in front of his desk. He thanks them for coming to see him and tells them that they will be fighting on next week’s Raw in a number one contender’s match with the winner fighting either Charlotte Flair or Shayna Baszler for the Women’s Universal title at the Royal Rumble. Both women smile and talk a bit of trash to each other with Ruby finishing the promo and reminding us of the fact she has never won gold in WWE!

We cut to the ring as TONY NESE is shown waiting in the ring for his opponent with a smile on his face but that soon fades when he sees it is…

*BROKEN DREAMS*

DREW MCINTYRE!
A loud pop from the live crowd as Drew McIntyre marches down the ramp and the former WWE Champion heads straight to the ring. Michael Cole says we heard Drew McIntyre declare himself for the Royal Rumble to get another crack at Samoa Joe and he has to be considered one of the favorites! Elias makes it clear he would not want to get on Drew’s bad side or cross paths with him in the rumble if he were to enter. Drew stands in the ring as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway!

Match 3: Drew McIntyre vs Tony Nese

Match summary: Drew McIntyre doesn’t even let Tony Nese get a single move off and batters the Cruiserweight, picking up the win with the FUTURESHOCK DDT!

Winner via pinfall: Drew McIntyre (1:30)

Loud cheers from the live crowd as Drew gets back to his feet and the commentary team goes over how dominant the victory was. Drew McIntyre signals to someone at ringside for a microphone which is passed to him. He has a smile on his face and keeps it short as he tells the fans that he is getting back on track and that Samoa Joe better keep that title warm for him because Drew intends to win the Royal Rumble again! He throws the microphone down and stands tall in the ring as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we cut to inside the NEW DAY LOCKER with BIG E, KOFI KINGSTON and XAVIER WOODS standing together as a unit. Big E has the New-Day-themed briefcase on show before telling the camera that they might not have won last week’s battle royal but he still has this, slapping the briefcase. He tells the camera that’s not all because Kofi is not the only member of the New Day entering the Royal Rumble.

Woods chimes in to confirm that not only is Big E entering the Royal Rumble but so is he and says he wants his Kofimania moment just like Big E. Kofi also mentions that Woods tossed a champion out last night and Woods smiles telling Swerve Strickland that he knows he can be a champion, issuing a challenge for his Intercontinental title! Big E wraps the promo up by telling Tommaso Ciampa that he is not finished with him and his sneak attacks promising to see him soon.

*COAT OF ARMS*

ANGEL GARZA
and HUMBERTO CARRILLO walk out onto the entrance ramp getting boos from the live crowd as they head to the ring. Michael Cole confirms that Zelina Vega and Andrade Cien Almas have taken the week off so these two are here alone. Elias says we were meant to be seeing Pete Dunne versus Angel Garza in a submission match tonight but due to an injury Dunne picked up at the hands of Tommaso Ciampa, he is out of action for the next month and will miss the Royal Rumble!

Angel Garza and Humberto Carrillo climb into the ring with them each grabbing a microphone. Humberto confirms what Michael Cole said and says their leaders are taking a week off to come up with a plan to deal with the ingrates Cesaro and Ilja Dragunov. Angel chimes in saying those two did not understand their place and what a beautiful woman like Zelina can guide them to. He brings up his Cruiserweight title reign plus the gold all of them had won including Nakamura and Dijakovic on Smackdown Live!

Angel says that’s not why he is out here tonight, wagging his finger with a cocky smirk on his face. He tells the crowd that he came out here ready for his fight with Pete Dunne but hasn’t seen him all day. Loud boos from the crowd who know that Pete Dunne is injured and that’s why he is running scared. Humberto joins in with the mocking and tells the crowd that Dunne is scared of his cousin, knowing he would get his fingers broken in return. They look to carry on until…

*MUSTACHE MOUNTAIN*

MUSTACHE MOUNTAIN
make their way out! A decent pop from the live crowd as the tag team and allies of Pete Dunne as part of British Strong Style walk out with a microphone. TRENT SEVEN says he knows these two don’t have the brains within the Ungovernables group but they know Pete Dunne would be here to kick both of their asses if he was not injured. TYLER BATE tells the pair they will be happy to take his place and kick their ass tonight as they drop their microphones heading for the ring. The Ungovernables leave the ring not backing down but before they can collide…

*GOD SAVE THE QUEEN/END OF DAYS*

WADE BARRETT!
The commissioner for Monday Night Raw comes onto the entrance ramp with a smile on his face. He thanks all four men as he has been struggling to think of a replacement match for Angel after Pete’s injury but they have given him an idea as he makes a tag team match between the two teams for right now and brings out a referee as Raw goes to a commercial break!

Ad break

Match 4: The Ungovernables vs Mustache Mountain

Match summary:
As we return from the commercial break, the match is underway with the Ungovernables controlling the match. The commentary team mentions the cousins are not used to teaming with each other but being family they are familiar with one another as they work over Trent Seven. Trent escapes and makes the tag to bring Tyler Bate back into the match and is on fire taking down both his fellow Cruiserweights. He sends Angel Garza out of the ring before turning his attention to Carrillo planting him with the TYLER DRIVER 97 and making the cover to pick up the win!

Winners via pinfall: Mustache Mountain (10:39)

Mustache Mountain gets to their feet as they celebrate the victory tonight over The Ungovernables. The commentary team puts over the performance from them, especially Tyler Bate and also brings up him tossing Lio Rush from the battle royal last week. Tyler Bate also makes his intentions clear as he signals to the camera, he is coming for the Cruiserweight title as we cut backstage to see…

THE HURT BUSINESS! We see MVP standing in a crisp suit with the rest of the Hurt Business: SAMOA JOE, SWERVE STRICKLAND, LIO RUSH, CEDRIC ALEXANDER, SHELTON BENJAMIN and EJ NDUKA all standing behind him with all the male titles on Raw on show, showing the power the group holds over Monday Night Raw! MVP says when you have power and you run things, everyone wants your throne! He says they have enemies from all sides coming for them.

Samoa Joe steps forward saying that might be the case but it just means more victims for them to destroy and keep the business booming, lifting his WWE title in the air. Lio Rush chimes in saying he saw Tyler Bate and says if he wants a shot at the Cruiserweight title, he will take him on. Cedric mocks Breezango and tells the pair of them there is a reason neither of them has won gold, promising to keep their duck going. The camera focuses on Swerve who has a smirk on his face and says he wants to address his business in the ring, walking off as EJ Nduka follows him whilst Raw goes on a commercial break.

Ad break

*BIG PRESSURE*

SWERVE STRICKLAND
makes his way out getting loud boos from the crowd, flanked by EJ NDUKA! Swerve has the Intercontinental title on his shoulder and is still in a crisp suit as the duo walks to the ring. Elias mentions that Swerve has become a hunted man ever since winning that title with both Sheamus and Xavier Woods making claims about wanting shots at that title. Michael Cole wonders how Swerve will respond, reminding the crowd he has only been pinned once since joining Monday Night Raw!

Swerve Strickland climbs into the ring and is passed a microphone by EJ Nduka with the big man smiling. Swerve has a smirk as he looks at the live crowd. He listens to the loud boos from the fans and jokes he is a popular man. He knows that multiple people want this title, lifting the Intercontinental title into the air and says this is the title that shows who the true workhorse in a company is. He tells the crowd that holding this means you are the hardest worker on the roster and the future.

He places the title back on his shoulder and carries on. He tells the fans there would be something wrong if people were not after him and the rest of the Hurt Business. That’s why he came out to this ring to discuss business as he heard last week one man wants to speak to him face to face: Sheamus. A loud pop at the mention of the Celtic Warrior as Swerve runs down his accolades and comments there is one title he hasn’t won: lifting his Intercontinental title into the air. He looks to carry on until…

*WRITTEN IN MY FACE*

SHEAMUS WALKS OUT!
The Celtic Warrior stands on the entrance ramp and beats his chest shouting his signature Fella before walking to the ring. Swerve has a smirk on his face as EJ Nduka stands next to him with his arms folded, cutting an imposing presence. Sheamus gets to the ring apron and climbs into the ring, joining them inside the ring. Swerve still has a smirk on his face offering a hand to Sheamus but the Celtic Warrior says no offense but he doesn’t trust Swerve.

The champion chuckles and holds his hands up saying he can’t blame him for not trusting him because he wouldn’t either. Sheamus says he didn’t come out here to talk about respect or friendship. He came out here because Swerve has the one title he wants more than any other, pointing at the Intercontinental title around his waist. Sheamus says the back injury he had in 2019 nearly ended his career and he knows that at any moment it might come to an end so he wants no regrets!

He challenges Swerve to put his title on the line against him tonight. The crowd loudly cheers for that idea as Swerve thinks for a moment before declining to loud boos from the fans. He tells Sheamus he is a busy man, confirming that he is entering the Royal Rumble but he also has a man who he feels is worthy of a title shot first. Swerve says Xavier Woods is first in line but says maybe Sheamus can earn a title shot soon and leaves the ring, followed by EJ Nduka as he gets boos from the live crowd.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we cut to RHEA RIPLEY who is standing in front of a chain link fence with a smug smile on her face. She looks at the camera and says these last few months since she came to Raw, she has had fun taking down the competition. She says that the Royal Rumble is where she proves herself to be the most dominant force on the roster and brings up her breaking the elimination record during last year’s match. She finishes the promo telling us we haven’t seen anything yet!

*SOLID GROUND*

RICK BOOGS
makes his way out getting cheers but it is a very small amount from the live crowd. He is joined by his tag team partner HEATH SLATER who tries to hype his friend up for this match. The commentary team reminds us of the fact this match was made after Baron Corbin mocked the letters Heath has been getting and Rick wasn’t going to stand for it.

*I BRING THE DARKNESS*

BARON CORBIN
walks out with a smug grin on his face getting loud boos from the live crowd. Michael Cole wonders if Rick Boogs is back to 100% after being punted in the skull by Randy Orton. Elias though cannot hide his disdain for Baron Corbin as the two men trade words by the commentary desk. Corbin heads into the ring as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway!

Match 5: Rick Boogs w/Heath Slater vs Baron Corbin

Match summary:
Rick Boogs tries to keep up with the more experienced Baron Corbin during this match but it is clear he is shaking off some ring rust. Corbin taunts the fans and Heath Slate before putting away Rick Boogs with the END OF DAYS!

Winner via pinfall: Baron Corbin (4:15)

Baron Corbin gets to his feet and soaks in the boos from the live crowd. He considers doing more damage to Rick on the mat but Heath runs into the ring with a kendo stick to chase him off. Heath checks on his partner Rick to make sure he is OK as Corbin backs off, celebrating another victory on Raw tonight.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see CESARO standing backstage with his close friend ILJA DRAGUNOV! Cesaro says he knew Andrade would take the night off because he is a coward, scared of what Cesaro will do to him when he finally gets his hands on him. Ilja is fired up and says for too long they fought with men who had no honor, who acted like cowards but now it is time they make them pay and bring the Ungovernables down. Cesaro nods promising to see all of them next week.

We then cut to inside the locker room as TEAM KICK is hanging out with each other. DAKOTA KAI has a smile on her face as TEGAN NOX says she is going to kill it and kick Ruby’s ass on the way to a Women’s Universal title shot. Kai says she is looking forward to the match and the chance to fight for the Women’s Universal title. Tegan then says she has some news of her own as she tells Dakota Kai that she is entering the Royal Rumble. Dakota jokes about them fighting each other at WrestleMania 37 as CHARLOTTE FLAIR WALKS IN!

She has a bit of a frown on her face as she looks at her allies the last few months and clutches her Women’s Universal title a bit tighter. She tells the pair that if they come for her title, she has no problem reminding her allies who the Queen is. Dakota senses some tension and changes the subject to next week as she promises to have Charlotte’s back next week to stop any interference from the MMA Horsewomen. The Queen nods saying she appreciates before coldly walking out of the room.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we see TOMMASO CIAMPA sitting on a steel chair leaning on the back as he looks at the camera with an angry scowl. He tells us that he should be fighting for the WWE title at the Royal Rumble, not Sami Zayn. He claims his loss only came down to Ali and Sami realizing they needed to team up to take him down because neither of them could do it alone. He shakes his head calling himself a wanted man on all sides.

He tells Big E that he should be focusing on claiming gold but maybe if he did, Ciampa might view him as being worthy of his time. He smirks before telling the camera that’s where his focus is because he is entering the Royal Rumble. He promises to do whatever it takes, with Pete Dunne being an example of what he will do to win. He finishes the promo by telling us Mustafa Ali is next on the hit list and will make him pay for teamwork with Sami last week!

*CALLING YOU OUT*

DANI LUNA
makes her way out to the ring, joined at the top of the entrance ramp by the rest of SUBCULTURE who wishes her luck before heading to the back. She gets decent cheers from the crowd having impressed on last week’s Raw in the number one contender’s match. Michael Cole says it was a breakout performance for the British superstar last week and she will look to keep that momentum tonight. Elias says wins are key en route to the Royal Rumble as she waits in the ring for…

*OBSESSION*

MICKIE JAMES!
She is not alone, joined by her tag team partner ALEXA BLISS as the duo get boos from the live crowd. Michael Cole says he has heard from Wade Barrett that both these women will be in the Royal Rumble. Elias puts them both over as multiple-time former Women’s Champions and they will be a threat to anyone who tries to stop them in the Royal Rumble. Mickie James now steps into the ring with Dani, giving her a look of disgust as the referee calls for the bell to start the match!

Match 6: Dani Luna vs Mickie James w/Alexa Bliss

Match summary:
Mickie James doesn’t show much respect to the young Brit and it soon hurts her as Dani controls the match, easily overpowering the veteran and tossing her around the ring. Bliss watches on from ringside looking annoyed as Mickie tries to fight back against Dani but she cannot get a foothold in the match. In the closing stages, Mickie fakes an injury allowing BLISS TO CLOCK DANI LUNA WITH HER LOADED GLOVE! Dani stumbles back and Mickie hits the MICKIE-DT! She makes the cover and picks up the win!

Winner via pinfall: Mickie James (5:40)

Mickie James gets to her feet with a smirk on her face and rolls out of the ring, celebrating with Alexa Bliss. Michael Cole says Mickie is a crafty veteran and you have to watch out for her tricks any time you step into the ring with her. Elias says you have to give Alexa Bliss a big assist and wonders how dangerous these two could be if they are in the ring at the same time in four weeks. Dani Luna gets to her feet and glares at the duo as Raw goes to a commercial break.

Ad break

We come back from the final commercial break of the night, we cut to an angry PETE DUNNE with a graphic saying last week. He has a patch over his eye, sitting on one of the benches in the trainer room. He says the doctors have told him he will be out of action for a month and miss the Royal Rumble. He says he will keep this short and sweet. Angel, I will break your fingers when I am back. He then says "Tommaso Ciampa?”. You will pay for this, pointing at his eye before we cut to the ring for the main event!

*DO I*

JAMES STORM
walks onto the entrance ramp getting boos from the crowd. He has his cowboy hat on his head and a beer bottle in hand as he takes a swing before carrying on to the ring. Michael Cole says this is a big opportunity for James Storm tonight to win his first gold in WWE. Elias says he spoke to Storm and heard from him he has been speaking to Bobby Roode for advice, with his injured tag team partner being a former NXT Champion.

*LIMITLESS*

KEITH LEE
makes his way out getting a loud pop from the live crowd! He stands there soaking in the reaction from the live crowd and lifts his NXT title into the air. Michael Cole says Keith Lee has been making a name for himself on Raw and NXT, holding the NXT title for half a year now whilst making semi-finals of King of the Ring only losing to the WWE Champion Samoa Joe. Elias says Keith has proven himself to break limits and it wouldn’t shock me if he is the first-ever NXT superstar to win the Royal Rumble! Keith stands in the ring across the ring from James Storm as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway!

Main event: NXT title match: Keith Lee © vs James Storm

Match summary:
Keith Lee has a confident swagger whilst James Storm is very mouthy in the opening stages of the match. James goes on the attack and is aggressive early on in this match but struggles to even take Keith Lee off his feet as the NXT Champion dominates the match. James tries to go for the standard strategy of taking down the big man by chopping down their legs and bringing them to the mat but Keith overpowers him and EVEN SHOWS OFF HIS AGILITY POUNCING JAMES STORM OVER THE ROPES!

James Storm gets frustrated and he doesn’t gain a foothold in the match before KEITH LEE DIVES OVER THE TOP ROPES WIPING HIM OUT ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE RING! Keith Lee stays in control and rolls James Storm back into the ring, showing off his flashy offense that only he can do. James Storm starts to fight back in the middle portion of the match but nothing he can do will put away the NXT Champion who is too powerful for him to keep down!

As we enter the closing stages, James Storm hits the LAST CALL SUPERKICK but Keith Lee kicks out at 2! James Storm looks to the corner of the ring and starts to mess with the turnbuckle pad, tossing it to the mat. The referee obviously catches him and goes to fix it, allowing Storm to grab HIS BEER BOTTLE! He looks to swing it at Keith… BUT HE CATCHES IT AND CRUSHES IT IN HIS HAND! James looks shocked as Keith hits a headbutt BEFORE DROPPING HIM WITH THE SPIRIT BOMB! Keith makes the cover and retains his NXT title!

Winner via pinfall and still NXT Champion: Keith Lee (12:46)

Keith Lee gets to his feet and holds the NXT title in the air to loud cheers from the crowd. Michael Cole puts over the feats that Keith showed in the ring whilst Elias focuses on his crushing that beer bottle like it was nothing. Both men agree that anyone trying to toss Keith Lee out of the Royal Rumble is going to have a hard time as Raw comes to a close with Keith Lee standing tall in the ring with the NXT title above his head!

Confirmed matches for next week:

Women’s Universal title Iron Woman match:
Charlotte Flair © vs Shayna Baszler

Women’s Universal title number one contender’s match:
Dakota Kai vs Ruby Riott

Singles match:
Tommaso Ciampa vs Mustafa Ali

Singles match:
Piper Niven vs Amale

Singles match:
Melina vs Jinny

January 31st 2021
St Louis, Missouri

Big E, Braun Strowman, Daniel Bryan, Dominik Dijakovic, Drew McIntyre, James Storm, Keith Lee, Kofi Kingston, Mustafa Ali, Shinsuke Nakamura, Swerve Strickland, Tommaso Ciampa, Xavier Woods and 17 entrants

Alexa Bliss, Billie Kay, Dani Luna, Deonna Purrazzo, Franky Monet, Mickie James, Natalya, Nia Jax, Peyton Royce, Rhea Ripley, Tegan Nox and 19 other entrants

WWE title match:

Samoa Joe © vs Sami Zayn

Women’s Universal title match:

Charlotte Flair or Shayna Baszler © vs Dakota Kai or Ruby Riott

WWE Women’s title match:

Asuka © vs Taynara Conti

And

EWR Rating:
67%

Tg11

Reaction score
- The first RAW of the New Year in 2021 and it definitely was a jam packed one that's for damn sure

- Keith Lee retains his NXT Championship in the main event beating James Storm...what a match...Keith Lee definitely has to be a favorite in the Men's Royal Rumble Match given how dominant he's been in NXT and on the main roster...or at best he has to be a dark horse

- McIntyre won the whole thing last year in the 2020 Men's Royal Rumble Match in this diary and he plans on going back to back...that hasn't been done in decades since 97/98 when Austin did it...but if anyone is capable, it is Drew

- But I wonder if Cesaro & Dragunov enter the 2021 Men's Royal Rumble Match? Or I wonder if Andrade plans on entering the 2021 Men's Royal Rumble Match considering this last time last year Andrade was the champion defending his title and now he has no title. I mean his fellow Ungovernables members Nakamura & Dijakovic are already in so.

- Dani Luna is in the 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Match...another huge addition along with Tegan Nox, Mickie James and Alexa Bliss...I wonder if Melina and Piper Niven enter?

- A #1 Contenders Match...WWE Women's Universal Championship...Dakota Kai vs Ruby Riott...whoever wins faces Charlotte Flair or Shayna Baszler at the Rumble I can't wait

- WWE Intercontinental Championship picture is getting interesting with Woods, Sheamus, etc

- Nia Jax in her return she just destroys everyone including Mia Yim and K2...who is eliminating Nia from the 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Match? Nia has to be a favorite most definitely

- Mustafa Ali also entering the 2021 Men's Royal Rumble Match as well as other names like Tommaso Ciampa, Xavier Woods, Kofi and Mr Money in the Bank Big E...that's all 3 members of The New Day...that has to give them a huge advantage not to mention Big E still has that MITB briefcase as insurance too

- First Hurt Business member in the 2021 Men's Royal Rumble Match being the WWE Intercontinental Champion Swerve Strickland...I wonder if any other Hurt Business members enter the 2021 Men's Royal Rumble Match?

- Charlotte Flair is definitely just like her father Slick Ric...The Nature Boy...60 minutes well Ric knows all about 60 minutes WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! And Charlotte challenges Shayna to a 1 Hour Iron Woman Match for the WWE Women's Universal Championship...that's huge

- I wonder if we could see NXT superstars enter the 2021 Men's & Women's Royal Rumble Matches?

Cannot wait to see Smackdown and the fallout from New Year's Revolution as Smackdown builds towards the Rumble on their side

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Smackdown Live
January 8th 2021
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Wells Fargo Centre

The first Smackdown Live after New Year’s Revolution starts with RONDA ROUSEY and MARINA SHAFIR standing in front of the camera with a pissed-off scowl on Ronda’s face. Ronda says that the only reason she lost the tag team titles is because her partner kneed her in the jaw. Marina looks awkward as Ronda tells the camera that Shayna should have been looking to see where Ronda was. If it wasn’t for her, they would still be the WWE Women’s tag team champions! Ronda turns to Marina who seems to not want anything to do with this ramp and says you saw what happened.

Marina offers a nod but keeps quiet as Ronda turns back to the camera. She says the MMA Horsewomen will get back on top and she will overcome the unfair ruling to get them the rematch they deserve. She turns her attention to Conti getting a WWE Women’s title match and not her saying the commissioners want to keep the MMA Horsewomen away from gold but they won’t be able to stop her getting a title shot when she wins the Royal Rumble! Ronda walks off and Marina quickly follows her before we get the opening video for the show!

HALESTORM – MAYHEM

*TURN UP THE SKY*

THE BOSS ‘N’ HUG CONNECTION
makes their way out to the ring to start the show-off! The duo gets loud cheers from the live crowd and they make sure to soak in the reaction from the live crowd, lifting their newly won WWE Women’s tag team titles into the air. The commentary team of Corey Graves and Byron Saxton welcome us to the broadcast hyping up tonight’s show promising the fallout from New Year’s Revolution where we saw two title changes!

BAYLEY and SASHA BANKS climb into the ring, grabbing a microphone each as they look to the live crowd. They soak in the reaction from the live crowd before Bayley thanks the fans for their support these last few months. Sasha gets very cheesy and tells the live crowd that without them they would not have been able to become 4-time tag team champions each! This gets a huge cheap pop from the live crowd before the champions carry on.

Bayley says these belts mean the world to them as Sasha says they requested for these belts to be made because they wanted to prove they were the best tag team in the division. Bayley says they promise to be fighting champions and if the MMA Horsewomen want to try to take this division back, they are welcome to try it. Sasha tells the crowd that the outcome will be the same and says this ain’t the MMA Horsewomen’s company, it’s the Four Horsewomen’s company getting loud cheers from the crowd.

Bayley says they are not going to be happy settling for just tag team gold. Banks smirks saying we never have. Bayley tells the fans that they will be entering the Royal Rumble getting loud cheers from the live crowd. Sasha Banks says there is no one on the roster better than them and she turns to Bayley saying she will throw her ass out! A few ooohhhhhh’s from the crowd but Bayley smiles looking directly at Banks and says she’ll be throwing her out instead as the two friends stare each other down to end the promo.

Ad break

We return from the commercial break; KAYLA BRAXTON is standing ready for an interview and she is joined by her guest at this time KEVIN OWENS! Kayla puts over his win at New Year's Revolution, quickly defeating Karrion Kross. Owens smirks and says someone needs to shut him up. Kayla asks what’s next for him and Owens tells her that it is time for him to be Universal Champion again. He brings up his previous reign, commenting he never got a rematch for that title and knows he is good enough to be a 2-time World Champion.

*THE FUTURE (V2)*

ASUKA
walks out onto the entrance ramp getting loud cheers from the crowd, coming off her successful title defense at New Year Revolution. Corey Graves and Byron Saxton comment on how well she defended her title against an unbeaten Bianca Belair. Asuka takes a seat on commentary as they ask what brings her out here and Asuka just responds with the word “scouting”.

*I’M A STAR*

FRANKY MONET
makes her way out getting some boos from the live crowd and she is joined by her tag team partner DANA BROOKE! Corey Graves reminds us of the fact Franky will be entering the Royal Rumble in 4 weeks. Byron Saxton asks Asuka how she feels about potentially facing Franky Monet at WrestleMania but Asuka says her focus is on the now as…

*SHAKE SHAKE*

TAYNARA CONTI
walks onto the entrance ramp! She gets a decent pop from the live crowd, joined by her tag team partner XIA LI! They slap hands with the fans on the way to the ring, with Conti fired up 4 weeks away from the biggest match of her career. Byron Saxton gives Conti credit for surviving Ember Moon and earning the title shot at the Rumble. Asuka comments that she doesn’t think Conti is ready. Corey presses for more but Asuka stays silent. Conti stands across the ring from Monet as the referee calls for the bell to get the match underway!

Match 1: Taynara Conti w/Xia Li vs Franky Monet w/Dana Brooke

Match summary:
Monet talks a bunch of trash but soon gets the taste slapped out her mouth stunning Monet. She stumbles back as Conti starts to pepper Franky with a series of kicks and takes control of the match. Dana Brooke outside the ring has to help Monet get back into the match, with Asuka shaking her head on commentary and seemingly looking down on Conti due to this. In the closing stages, Xia Li takes out Dana Brooke and removes her from the match leaving the two women alone. Conti grabs hold of Monet and locks in the TAYLOCK FORCING A TAP OUT FROM MONET!

Winner via submission: Taynara Conti (7:31)

Conti drops Franky’s body to the mat and gets to her feet with a smile on her face having picked up the win tonight. Corey and Bryon ask Asuka for her thoughts on the match with Asuka saying nothing, leaving the commentary desk. Asuka walks to the ringside area getting the attention of Conti and starts to slow clap. Conti invites her in the ring but Asuka says you are not ready and walks off as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we see KEVIN PATRICK standing ready for an interview. He welcomes his guest at this time: ALPHA ACADEMY! The entire group is here: KURT ANGLE, DANIEL BRYAN, MATT RIDDLE, DANIEL GARCIA, and the new 2-time United States Champion CHAD GABLE! Gable has a big smile on his face and clutches his United States tightly whilst Bryan looks deep in thought and elsewhere. Kevin starts the interview by saying New Year Revolution was a good night for the Academy!

Kurt Angle says it was and he is proud of his students for how they performed looking at Garcia who remains cool whilst Gable grins with a big smile on his face. Chad says he was robbed of his United States title but was willing to go through whatever it took to get it back! Kurt says he has also been informed that Chad Gable will be entering the Royal Rumble. Kevin turns to Bryan next looking to ask him about his loss last week but Bryan shakes his head. He says he is going to address it in the ring and walks off to do just that!

*FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES*

DANIEL BRYAN
makes his way out to the ring getting a huge pop from the live crowd. He doesn’t do the YES chants, selling him not being happy after losing last week. Corey Graves is full of praise for Buddy Murphy with him putting over Buddy as someone who needs to be taken seriously! Byron Saxton says Bryan losing is not what he will want on the Road to WrestleMania especially when looking to win the Royal Rumble for the first time. Daniel Bryan grabs a microphone from someone at ringside and climbs into the ring.

He takes a moment before addressing the fans and saying he has always appreciated the support they give to him each time he steps into the ring. He comments the only thing that drives him on to the same fashion is his family at home who make him a better person. He sighs before looking at the camera saying last week’s loss hurt him, unlike the way most losses do. He tells the fans that when you step into the ring no matter how good you are, sometimes you will lose.

Sometimes your opponent will be on their A-game, and sometimes your body will let you down when you don’t expect it. Bryan pauses for a moment before telling the fans he wonders if his body is telling him, it might be time for the end. The fans immediately start up a “NO” chant which makes Bryan smile as he tells the fans that he has been here before where he was forced into retirement. He tells the fans he has been doing a lot of thinking after losing to Buddy and just wants to say…

*OWN THE GAME*

NOAM DAR AND KENNY WILLIAMS MAKE THEIR WAY OUT!
They get boos from the crowd as Noam cuts Bryan off and mocks the former World Champion. He tells Bryan he should just do everyone a favor and call it quits right now. Nuclear heat for Noam Dar as Kenny Williams tells the crowd to be quiet, further pissing them off. Kenny says some people like him are made to survive anything but Bryan? His brittle body is ready to break at any moment!

The crowd and Bryan are getting fed with the trash talk from the Scottish Duo, who climbs into the ring. Noam Dar says there is no chance of Bryan winning the Royal Rumble because you are looking at the Royal Rumble winner! Kenny Williams chimes in promising that Noam Dar will be the winner of the Rumble, becoming the youngest winner of the Rumble ever! The boos get even louder as Bryan smirks prompting Dar to ask him what’s so funny?

Bryan says he wasn’t finished before they interrupted telling the fans he has no intention of going quietly into that good night getting a huge pop from the live crowd. The duo smirk but Bryan says he will be more than happy to show Dar next week what he is in for in the Rumble and kick his head in! Dar says they don’t feel like waiting and tries to cheap-shot Bryan… BUT HE AVOIDS IT AND BUSAIKU KNEE KNOCKS OUT KENNY WILLIAMS! He turns around and Noam Dar leaves the ring, fleeing to the back talking trash all the way as Smackdown goes to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we see ROMAN REIGNS sitting in his locker room backstage with JACOB FATU pacing around the room with NAOMI, JIMMY USO and TAMINA in front of him. He says at New Year Revolution he did what he needed to do, crushing Edge and showing the “legend” his place on Smackdown whilst he is in the Tribal Chief! He says now he has taken care of that business; it is time to turn his attention toward the Universal title!

He says he heard Kevin Owens talking about wanting the shot at the Universal title, saying he might have to destroy him again. Fatu offers to go do it right now but Roman shakes his head, giving him a different mission. He tells Jacob that he will be entering the Royal Rumble match and so will Naomi. He tasks both to do whatever it takes to win and bring gold to the Bloodline. He finishes the promo by telling Jimmy that he wants him to do the same the minute Jey is better! Jimmy nods promising that he will make Roman proud.

*ONE PROBLEM*

MARINA SHAFIR
makes her way out getting loud boos from the crowd, with a scowl on her face. Byron Saxton says Ronda will have sent her out with the instructions to make Carmella pay for helping out the Boss ‘N’ Hug Connection the last couple of weeks on Smackdown. Corey Graves says Marina is a dangerous competitor in her own right as she waits in the ring for…

*FABULOUS*

CARMELLA!
The former Women’s Champion walks out getting decent cheers from the crowd. Byron Saxton says it was a rough 2019 for Carmella dealing with injuries but he has heard she will be in the Royal Rumble. Corey Graves of course is full of praise for Carmella and says she has what it takes to become a Women’s Champion once again, pointing out she is one of the few women to have defeated Asuka. Carmella stands across the ring from Marina as the referee calls for the bell to get the match underway!

Match 2: Carmella vs Marina Shafir

Match summary:
Marina tries to target the limbs of Carmella and hurt her but the former Women’s Champion is ready for everything she throws at her. Carmella escapes from each of the submissions (with Marina noticeably not going for any pinfall attempts) and in the end, puts away Marina with the MELLA BUSTER!

Winner via pinfall: Carmella (3:37)

Carmella gets to her feet with a smile on her face and celebrates the victory in the ring. The commentary team puts it over as a good performance by Carmella and will put her in good stead heading into the Royal Rumble as we cut to the backstage area to see…

BIANCA BELAIR watching the match on a monitor backstage with a serious look on her face! KAYLA BRAXTON walks up to her looking for an interview as she asks Bianca how she is feeling after losing for the first time since joining Smackdown Live. Belair nods acknowledging the fact she lost but says she will still make it to the top because she has an UN-DE-FEAT-ED mindset! She gives Asuka credit for how good she is but wants her to hold that title tight because she is planning to beat her for it at WrestleMania 37!

Kayla asks if that is Belair confirming she is entering the Royal Rumble and she nods telling Kayla not only is entering the Royal Rumble but she will win the whole thing! She tells Kayla that she lost to Asuka because she tried to take a shortcut but paid the price and it allowed Asuka to take advantage. Kayla then asks Belair about the enemies she made on the Smackdown roster potentially coming for her during the Rumble. She smirks, welcoming it…

WHEN RONDA ROUSEY ATTACKS HER FROM BEHIND! Ronda clobbers her with a series of punches before snatching the microphone Kayla was holding and SMASHES BELAIR IN THE AIR WITH IT! She tosses it down and stands over Belair blaming her for the fact Ronda lost the WWE Women’s title saying she will destroy her and promises that Belair will learn her place before GRABBING HER AND LAUNCHING HER INTO THE SET! She looks to do more damage but suddenly a swarm of security appears forcing her to back off as we go to a commercial break!

Ad break

We return from the commercial break with a video confirming Bad Bunny will be appearing on Smackdown once again in 2 weeks!

*EMERGENCE*

THE O.C.
walk out onto the entrance ramp getting loud boos from the crowd. FINN BALOR and AJ STYLES walk out first with scowls on their face. BUDDY MURPHY walks behind them, the only one with a smile on his face. BIG CASS, LUKE GALLOWS and KARL ANDERSON follow behind them on the way to the ring. The commentary team says New Year Revolution was a bad night for the O.C. with not only Balor losing his United States title but AJ missing out on becoming Universal Champion.

The whole group gets into the ring as Finn Balor snatches a microphone and tells the crowd that he is pissed off! This makes the crowd happy as Finn Balor paces around the ring and tells them if it was a normal match, he would still be the United States Champion. AJ noticeably behind him rolls his eyes but Finn Balor carries on his rant! He tells the crowd that he has been robbed of his United States title and should be given an automatic rematch right now! Loud boos from the crowd but before Finn can argue…

AJ STYLES TAKES THE MICROPHONE! He tells Finn that he knew the stipulation going into the match so he needs to stop his whining. Finn looks ready to explode but Luke Gallows steps in to stop him from hitting AJ. AJ carries on saying he is angry about losing at New Year Revolution but he is going to move on and get a rematch by winning the Royal Rumble. This gets a mixed reaction from the live crowd. He tells the fans that he was too focused on the leg last night but next time…

FINN BALOR SNATCHES THE MICROPHONE BACK!
Karl steps forward to keep the piece as Finn says he is glad AJ mentioned the Rumble. He tells the fans that it won’t be AJ winning it, not it will be him getting boos from the crowd. AJ asks Finn when he was going to tell him that. Finn quips back the same time you were going to tell me. The co-leaders of the O.C. come face to face and nose to nose as BIG CASS pushes them apart and The Good Brothers grab one of them each!

Big Cass says for the good of the group, both of them need to head to the back and calm down! Finn and AJ stare at each other before Karl and Luke lead them to the back leaving Big Cass and Buddy Murphy in the ring alone. Big Cass tells the crowd that the O.C. knows they should run this brand hence the egos clashing but he blames Aleister Black for causing this. He tells Black that no one is holding AJ back and he will kick some sense into him later tonight.

Buddy asks for the microphone which Big Cass gives to him and tells Aleister that when Big Cass is done softening you up, he will be taking what should belong to him: the Universal title. He brings up his win over Daniel Bryan last week, shocking the world because everyone forgets how good he is. He tells Black he will be watching the match from the back and after the match, after Cass has knocked some sense into him, he wants to hear the correct answer for his next challenger, tossing down the microphone to end the promo!

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, DOMINIK DIJAKOVIC and SHINSUKE NAKAMURA stand in front of the camera, and ZELINA VEGA laces up her boots in the background. Dijakovic tells the camera that they want to hear an answer. Nakamura asks if they are running scared because they are looking at a former Rumble winner. Dijakovic side-eyes Nakamura but says they want a rematch for the tag team titles next week. In the background, Zelina gets to her feet and tells her boys she needs to take care of business before we cut back to the ring!

*GOLDEN GODDESS*

MANDY ROSE
makes her way out getting a decent pop from the live crowd. She slaps hands with a few of the fans at ringside before heading into the ring. Corey Graves glazes over Mandy and calls her a one of a kind special talent wasting her time with someone like Otis. Byron Saxton says Mandy clearly sees something in Otis and wants to lead their team to success.

*VEGA*

ZELINA VEGA
makes her way out with a scowl on her face and gets loud boos from the live crowd. Corey Graves calls this an unfair decision from HBK but Byron Saxton counters saying Zelina got psychically involved with Mandy and if she wants to do that, she can step into the ring. Zelina climbs inside, standing across the ring from Mandy Rose as the referee calls for the bell to get the match underway!

Match 3: Mandy Rose vs Zelina Vega

Match summary:
A very scrappy encounter between the two women with both women not being well-known for their ring work. Zelina gives a better fight than you would expect from someone who is mostly a manager but Mandy Rose puts her away with BED OF ROSES!

Winner via pinfall: Mandy Rose (3:48)

Mandy gets to her feet with a smile, picking up the win here! Corey Graves goes wild clapping and applauding on commentary while Byron Saxton gives her credit for the performance tonight. Zelina Vega throws a tantrum outside the ring. However, back inside the ring, Mandy carries on the celebrations as we cut to the commercial break.

Ad break

When returning from the commercial break, MANDY ROSE is heading to the backstage area with a big smile on her face. She soon bumps into HEAVY MACHINERY as she gives OTIS DOZOVIC a big hug! TUCKER KNIGHT congratulates her on the victory tonight and says Otis has a surprise for her. Mandy looks confused as Otis said when he spoke to HBK about facing the Ungovernables next week for the tag team titles, he asked him to put Mandy Rose in the rumble. Mandy jumps up and down excitedly giving Otis a kiss before saying she needs to call Sonya. Mandy leaves the area as Tucker puts a hand on Otis’s shoulder saying he should tell her.

We then cut to the backstage area as DEONNA PURRAZZO is walking through the back with her NXT Women’s title on show. She is stopped for an interview by KEVIN PATRICK. Kevin asks what she thinks of the competition she will be facing in the Royal Rumble. She has a smirk on her face and says she has been looking around but no one quite measures up to the Virtuoso. She looks at her NXT Women’s title and says this symbolizes excellence but she needs to take the WWE Women’s title so we can say the same about that.

At this point THE MEDUSA COMPLEX walks into the shot, staring down Deonna Purrazzo who looks unfazed. CHARLI EVANS asks who is she to run her mouth and Deonna looks at her with disgust telling Charli if she was listening, she already explained. MILLIE MCKENIZE says all they heard was a bunch of hot air with Deonna shaking her head and rolling her eyes. She tells the pair that she will be happy to show them some class and challenges Charli Evans to a match next week. The Aussie accepts, promising to put Deonna in her place before we cut back to the ring.

We cut back to the ringside area and see BO-AXEL standing in the ring waiting to see who they are fighting tonight…

*BOOYAKA 619*

THE MYSTERIOS
make their way out getting loud cheers from the live crowd! REY MYSTERIO touches masks with some of the fans in the live crowd whilst DOMINIK MYSTERIO hangs back with a smile proud of his dad. Byron Saxton puts over them, overcoming the bigger Authors of Pain on the New Year Revolution pre-show and Corey Graves says he has heard online that the Mysterios want to get themselves in contention for the team team titles. Rey steps in to start for his team whilst Bo Dallas starts for Bo-axel as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway!

Match 4: The Mysterios vs Bo-axel

Match summary:
The Mysterios are in control of the entire match, minus a cut-off by Bo Dallas on Dominik Mysterio but the younger Mysterio starts to make a fight back and in the end, picks up the win for his team hitting a 619 INTO A BODY SPLASH OFF THE ROPES!

Winners via pinfall: The Mysterios (5:02)

The Mysterios get to their feet and celebrate the victory with smiles on their faces. The commentary team puts over the performance and wonders if the Mysterios will face the winners of next week’s WWE tag team titles match as Smackdown Live goes to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we see EMBER MOON pacing around a room with a look of pure anger on her face. She turns to the camera and tells us she is sick of the disrespect shown to her. She says the referee could not keep her nose out of the match and wanted to make herself the story. Ember says it is not her fault that these cheap hussies can’t take the beating you get when you step into the ring with her. Ember then goes to her bag and PULLS OUT A WAD OF CASH!

She waves the wad of cash and says she may as well give it to Shawn right now to save time because she will knock out any referee who tries to get in her business and interfere in one of her matches. Ember tosses the money in the air and it goes everywhere as she carries on. She says Shawn has given her a spot in the Royal Rumble and says that is bad news for the 29 other hussies in the match! She wraps it up saying she will then defeat Asuka at WrestleMania 37 one more time!

We then cut to EDGE sitting down in a stairwell backstage with an angry look on his face. He tells us that his ribs are still not 100% but that’s not down to Roman Reigns, no that’s down to his attack dog Jacob Fatu. He tells Roman he is not done with the Bloodline and says all Roman has done is divert his part from taking the Universal title. He declares himself for the Rumble, reminding us he is a former winner and it was the match he made his return to this business in. He also comments saying he plans on going for the Bloodline one by one till he gets back to Roman and challenges Jimmy Uso to a match next week on Smackdown!

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we get confirmation from the commentary team that Edge vs Jimmy Uso has been signed for next week’s Smackdown Live. They point out it is a first-time match and also comment on the Bloodline having a potentially dangerous enemy in Edge coming after them.

*A LONG WAY DOWN*

BIG CASS
marches out onto the entrance ramp getting boos from the crowd. The 7-foot-tall giant cuts an imposing figure as he marches to the ring ahead of the main event. Corey Graves says Big Cass has been impressive since making his return to Smackdown Live but he has his biggest opportunity of his career. Byron Saxton points out that a lot of people are gunning for a Universal title shot but if Big Cass wins tonight, he goes to the front of the line!

*ROOT OF ALL EVIL*

ALEISTER BLACK
walks out onto the entrance ramp getting loud cheers from the live crowd. He shows off his Universal title, still having a bandage around his waist and limps to the ring. Byron Saxton says AJ Styles relentlessly targeted the right leg of Black but he overcame it to retain the Universal title. Corey Graves says the damage done to him during the match might have set it up for Big Cass to defeat Aleister Black and bring gold to the O.C.! Aleister Black climbs into the ring as he stares down Big Cass. The referee calls for the bell to get the match underway!

Main event: Aleister Black vs Big Cass

Match summary:
Aleister Black’s right leg injury causes him a lot of problems early on in the match, as he can’t go for the kicks he normally would plus his pace has been cut off by the damage. Big Cass dominates the match in the early going and slams Black around the ring. He also locks him in a series of bearhugs and wears him down, with Black struggling to fight back. Black starts making attempts to target the legs of Big Cass but the tree-trunk-like legs of Cass manage to kick Black off and send him out of the ring!

Big Cass tosses Black around the ringside area and gives him a beating before bringing him back inside the ring. As the match heads to the closing stages, Big Cass looks to SLAM HIM DOWN WITH A CHOKESLAM… BLACK COUNTERS WITH A FALLING DDT! Black gets to his feet and CATCHES BIG CASS WITH BLACK MASS… BUT CAN’T OVER AS HIS FOOT HURTS TOO MUCH! Black wincing in pain though adjusts his game plan and LOCKS IN THE DRAGON SLAYER! He wrenches back on the hold until BIG CASS PASSES OUT!

Winner via submission: Aleister Black (10:08)

Aleister Black drops Big Cass to the mat and rolls away, looking slightly relieved that he managed to pick up the victory tonight against a very tough challenger. Black grabs his Universal title and clutches it tightly before raising it into the air. The commentary team puts over the performance of Aleister Black and says he needed to throw everything at Big Cass to beat him. As the celebrations carry on, however…

*SHADOW OF DOUBT*

BUDDY MURPHY WALKS OUT WITH A MICROPHONE IN HAND!
Buddy says congratulations on the victory and applauds Black who looks wary in the ring. Buddy says he knows how good Black is and remembers stepping into the ring with him last year and losing. Black doesn’t react as Murphy says since then he has grown and the O.C. has helped make him better. Black doesn’t look impressed as Buddy Murphy issues a challenge to fight him for the Universal title at the Royal Rumble. However, before he can respond…

*FIGHT*

KEVIN OWENS WALKS OUT WITH A MICROPHONE OF HIS OWN!
He gets loud cheers from the live crowd and tells Buddy that he summed it up. He has already lost to Aleister Black so he can get behind him in line. Buddy disagrees with that as Owens reminds everyone he never got his rematch for the Universal title. Buddy chimes in asking how long ago that was but before they end up brawling with each other…

*HEAD OF THE TABLE*

ROMAN REIGNS WALKS OUT WITH A MICROPHONE AS WELL!
The crowd loudly boos Roman as he tells Buddy and Owens that he is the Tribal Chief. He says no one is getting in the way of his rightful place at the top of Smackdown. Owens says he is sick of Roman always cutting the line and Buddy agrees saying it is time someone like him got a chance.

Aleister Black in the ring has had enough of the bickering and tells them all to be quiet. He says the way he lost this title he needs to redeem so if all 3 of them want to fade to black at the Royal Rumble they have got! A huge pop from the live crowd as Corey Graves on commentary confirms HBK has made it official. At the Royal Rumble, the Universal title will be defended in a fatal 4-way match!

Confirmed matches for next week:

WWE Tag team titles match:

Heavy Machinery © vs The Ungovernables

Singles match:
Daniel Bryan vs Noam Dar

Singles match:
Edge vs Jimmy Uso

Singles match:
Deonna Purrazzo vs Charli Evans

January 31st 2021
St Louis, Missouri

AJ Styles, Big E, Braun Strowman, Chad Gable, Daniel Bryan, Dominik Dijakovic, Drew McIntyre, Edge, Finn Balor, Jacob Fatu, James Storm, Keith Lee, Kofi Kingston, Mustafa Ali, Noam Dar, Shinsuke Nakamura, Swerve Strickland, Tommaso Ciampa, Xavier Woods and 11 entrants

Alexa Bliss, Bayley, Bianca Belair, Billie Kay, Carmella, Dani Luna, Deonna Purrazzo, Ember Moon, Franky Monet, Mandy Rose, Mickie James, Naomi, Natalya, Nia Jax, Peyton Royce, Rhea Ripley, Ronda Rousey, Sasha Banks, Tegan Nox and 11 other entrants

WWE title match:
Samoa Joe © vs Sami Zayn

Universal title fatal-4-way match:

Aleister Black © vs Buddy Murphy vs Kevin Owens vs Roman Reigns

Women’s Universal title match:
Charlotte Flair or Shayna Baszler © vs Dakota Kai or Ruby Riott

WWE Women’s title match:

Asuka © vs Taynara Conti

And

EWR Rating:
69%

Reactions: Death By Looch

Tg11

Reaction score
Definite strife or turmoil within the OC...Styles & Balor at each other's throats and having to be separated by Gallows, Anderson, Murphy and Big Cass...but makes sense given Balor lost his WWE United States Championship to Chad Gable and AJ Styles lost his opportunity to become WWE Universal Champion by losing to Aleister Black

So now you have both Styles & Balor in the Royal Rumble Match? I wonder if Big Cass enters the Rumble too?

A Fatal 4 Way Match for the WWE Universal Championship with Aleister Black having to defend his Championship against 3 other guys...and them being The Tribal Chief Roman Reigns, The OC's Buddy Murphy and Kevin Owens...Black's title reign may be in serious jeopardy because he doesn't even have to be involved in the decision to lose his Championship

Edge is entering the Rumble..
Edge has to be a favorite considering he's won a Royal Rumble Match before in 2010 in this diary so can he join that exclusive club of guys who have won more than 1 Royal Rumble Match?

Jacob Fatu with him being in the Royal Rumble Match for The Bloodline...the most dangerous guy to be in there...if anyone can set a record for most eliminations it's Jacob

Naomi entering the Women's Royal Rumble Match for The Bloodline...I wonder if Tamina also enters for The Bloodline?

Ronda Rousey also entering the 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Match...Ronda has to be a favorite in that match and if she has her Horsewomen in that match they will work together to eliminate everyone until it's down to them and may be the best woman win. Because if Natalya is already there then what's to stop Duke & Shafir from entering too to ensure Ronda wins?

Bianca Belair entering the 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Match also...Bianca is my pick to win it all

Ember Moon paying off her fine only for her to be named as an entrant in the Royal Rumble Match...another potential favorite

Carmella is also in now and you have the Women's Tag Team Champions Sasha Banks & Bayley both in...will it really be every woman for herself?