WWE 2019: No Wildcards

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tg11

Reaction score
- My Chief, your Chief, The Head of the Table the Tribal Chief Roman Reigns is back and like I said I knew he would set his sights on the Elimination Chamber Match for the Great American Bash and I was right. In Roman's in ring return he is set to face Matt Riddle in an Elimination Chamber qualifying match next week on Smackdown. I can definitely see The Usos getting involved which means they end up turning heel aligning themselves with their cousin Roman and they also turn heel to align themselves too with Naomi.

- If Roman gets in that Chamber he has to be a favorite to win that Chamber Match and become #1 Contender for the WWE Universal Championship at SummerSlam

- Edge vs Karrion Kross in an Elimination Chamber qualifying match next week...I definitely see Kross winning that match either he wins cleanly or Kross wins because of interference from The Church of Rollins

- It seems Seth Rollins has his next feud right here, none other than Jeff Hardy. A Hardy/Rollins feud for me definitely is a dream feud hell it is a dream match for me.

- Shinsuke Nakamura of The Ungovernables wins to qualify for the Elimination Chamber beating Braun Strowman but it definitely has to be an upset...because Braun was practically dominating that match until the lights went out and they came back on, the Black Sheep mask that Strowman used to wear in the Wyatt Family makes an appearance...we all know Wyatt cost Strowman this match but the bigger question is why?

- I think we get Bray Wyatt vs Braun Strowman at the Great American Bash but in what kind of a match though?

- Wyatt basically took out both Viking Raiders and now that he has, he sets his sights on his former Wyatt Family member Braun Strowman...not surprising

- Ember Moon retaining her Smackdown Women's Championship against Tay Conti in the main event was a classic case of babyface vs babyface..the match was so back and forth and the fans being torn on who to cheer for. That's what it's all about. But this match definitely was entertaining and deserved to go on last to end Smackdown.

- Sasha Banks becoming the new #1 Contender for the Smackdown Women's Championship beating Ruby Riott of The Riott Squad...to set up Sasha/Ember at The Bash...now that's a match I definitely can't wait to see

- Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler have to defend those WWE Women's Tag Team Championships against Lita & Trish...but honestly that match if anything is a clash of generations...past going up against the present and honestly it is definitely one that I wanna see

- Starting off Bianca Belair as a heel is definitely unexpected...but I get why you did it though because of the fact that she was a heel in NXT and you wanted her to be more closer to her heel character that she was in when was she was in NXT. But you know it is only a matter of time before the fans turn Bianca babyface because of her connection to her real life husband Montez Ford who is a babyface.

- Buddy Murphy the #1 Contender for the WWE Universal Championship...still can't even fathom that but he manages to beat Gran Metalik with the WWE Universal Champion Aleister Black being there...but let's be honest here we know that Black is retaining at The Bash and if he loses the title, he's probably dropping it at SummerSlam especially if Roman wins that Chamber

- But let's say even if Roman doesn't win the Chamber, he will still find a way to interject himself into the title match at SummerSlam and it will probably be a Triple Threat

- Kevin Owens also returning but I see Owens getting into the Chamber as well

Reactions: RDT and Roy Mustang

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Main event:

Breezango defeated Jinder Mahal and Sunil Singh in a fun opening match for the show. Tyler would hit the SUPERMODEL KICK on Jinder to take him out of the match whilst Fandango hits the LAST DANCE on Sunil Singh! (9:21)

Piper Niven defeated Eva Marie as she dominated the match from start to finish and put away Eva with the VADER BOMB (1:56)

Cedric Alexander defeated Curt Hawkins in a decent match as he prepares to take on the Universal Champion Aleister Black. He ended up picking up the win over Curt hitting him with the LUMBAR CHECK (6:13)

Riddick Moss defeated Heath Slater in a decent match after interference from Mojo Rawley allowing Riddick to finish him with a POWERSLAM (6:59)

Main event:
Xia Li defeated Lacey Evans with a CORKSCREW ROUNDHOUSE KICK picking up a huge win and arguably the biggest single win she has had so far as the show comes to a close (8:51)

R-Truth suffers a potential career-ending knee injury at WWE House Show:

The popular veteran suffered a very nasty knee injury at a WWE house show that could take him out of action for up to 16 months. This is a massive blow for R-Truth so late in his career and could mean we have seen the last of him in the company.

Mod note:
EWR basically was like “Fuck R-Truth”. I may bring him back as an interviewer at some point but for now, yeah he is basically gone from the thread.

Matches confirmed for Raw:

Tag team match:

The Ungovernables vs British Strong Style

Tag team match:
New Day vs John Morrison and Erick Rowan

Qualifying match:
Kalisto vs Danny Burch

Qualifying match:

Lio Rush vs Akira Tozawa

Matches confirmed for Smackdown:

Main event: Elimination chamber qualifier:

Edge vs Karrion Kross

Elimination chamber qualifier:
Roman Reigns vs Matt Riddle

WWE tag team titles match:
Heavy Machinery © vs The Good Brothers

Grudge match:
“The Fiend” Bray Wyatt vs Hanson

Singles match:
Aleister Black vs Cedric Alexander

Debut match:

Bianca Bel-Air vs Carmella

DTP

Reaction score
WWE Friday Night SmackDown - June 26, 2020:

I enjoyed Monday Night RAW, so now I’m pretty interested in seeing what you have on the SmackDown Brand. One thing I will say is with your overhaul of the roster completely, it’s crazy how deep the roster truly was around this time - there are talents on the Blue Brand I completely neglected to think about! When I was reading RAW, there were times I genuinely thought you might have either abolished the Brand Extension or loosened it a la real life here in 2023.

I’m always a sucker for seeing a match open the show, so I liked the decision here. I think promos are so overdone as show starting segments, as much as they provide the exposition they need to the viewer. When you think back in history, some of the best editions of RAW and SmackDown came with a hot match to kick things off. Sasha Banks going over to earn the next opportunity at the WWE Women’s Championship. Ruby Riott had the legs to be in title contention, I always felt, but in WWE there was always something she lacked. Either way, in AEW, she’s definitely found whatever element she was missing. It’s bizarre to consider Taynara or Ember Moon as the champ, with Sasha of all people on the show. That’s the cool utopia effect you have going.

Plenty of focus on the women’s division with this backstage interview. I’m not too sure how I feel about Carmella and Liv Morgan, but they do possess that New Jersey connection at least. Bianca Belair making her debut was cool, I do hope you consider changing the original spelling of her name from Bel-Air. It’s cool and all, but maybe I’m just settled in with who she became now, as opposed to who she was when she was brand new.

Very interesting segment with Bray Wyatt and Hanson seemingly feuding. The Fiend never had the true opportunity to show he could be more than a dominating character. There’s a reason it has the awful reputation it does, because outside of the fact it swallowed the life out of plenty of people who faced him, it exposed the lack of creativity in which creative had at that time. I was always a big fan of the War Raiders, and felt they were done dirty with their main roster sign-up. I wonder where the direction is from here, and where Rowe may have gone. Could we see Hanson get that singles push? This has me eager.

Ember Moon’s interview was nice. I don’t think there was anything too special about it, but I’m pretty surprised to learn her WWE Women’s Championship defense with Tay Conti is going on last. It’s a respectful program and all, but it doesn’t feel like a big main event.

Karrion Kross going over Zack Ryder in 2020 just makes sense. It gets Kross over, and while I’m not positive how long he’s been around in this BTB, I do like the potential of a program with Edge to get him properly started. Edge rekindling the friendship with Zack is a bit weird to me, if nothing else than the fact the Edge Heads is a 12 year old gimmick at this point. But, it could work. And props to you for giving Ryder something interesting here. For what its worth, I never did like his “nostalgia” run with Curt Hawkins.

Heavy Machinery’s segment was fun. You may notice from the Pandemic Project - these two are incredibly fun to write for. There’s so much fun stuff you can do with Otis and Tucker. Interesting you kept their surnames. I’m not sure how good a match they’d have with Authors of Pain, but it seems to be the direction.

Nice to see the Church exist in this universe, too. A rivalry between Seth Rollins and Jeff Hardy sounds awesome, I won’t lie. I’m just hoping it doesn’t go down too similar to how Seth dealt with Rey Mysterio in 2020. Great lines with Jeff’s retort.

Wow, I was incredibly surprised to see Shinsuke Nakamura go over Braun Strowman. Pretty cool idea to use Elimination Chamber as a means to build the WWE Universal Championship match at SummerSlam, as opposed to a secondary means to a title opportunity at WrestleMania. I’d like to know more about the connection Shinsuke and Dominik Dijakovic have. It feels like an odd couple, but I’m probably missing context. Shenanigans with the old Wyatt Family shtick is a choice for Braun. I was kind of hoping you would have deterred from the Bray and Braun funsies that plagued the summer of 2020, but I suppose it must be addressed. I wonder if you have intentions of bringing back the Wyatts together.

Roman Reigns is clearly a polarising figure, and I do like that we’re seeing a unique take on the origins of the character he is today. It’s crucial to include the Usos, particularly Jey. This provided additional context which proves very helpful to the cause of Roman’s current story. The subsequent promo with Matt Riddle was fun, with the goal seeming to be making Riddle appear equal or on a similar level to him. There were a few lines that felt a little wooden to me, but I find that issue with writing for Matt myself. His character is so organic and smooth to truly be able to script without error.

Buddy Murphy getting a win is what we always like to see. He and Gran Metalik would have had an awesome match. I liked Aleister Black’s overbearing presence. Him as WWE Universal Champion is an interesting take. It’s interesting to see Murphy in such a role of contending for the big one.

Tay Conti’s interview was cute, and served the purpose it did.

I liked Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler’s promo, and I like the synergy they have with a stronghold over the women’s division with the WWE Women’s Universal Championship.

The Good Brothers are always fun to write for, and I had no issue with this. I reckon they’d have a very fun program with Heavy Machinery, and am hopeful that’s the direction after this fun skit.

Got to admit, I’m a big fan of the creativity you possess, but if I could disagree with anything - it has to be bringing in James Storm. I just feel like it’s too little, too late for that guy. I don’t think he really serves a purpose in 2020s WWE, but with the historical connection with Kurt Angle it makes it plausible. I like Angle as Chad Gable’s manager. There’s a lot of history with Robert Roode and Gable, too, which adds another layer to this.

Daniel Bryan and Kevin Owens’ promos were both fine. I feel like they could have been interspersed a little better into the show rather than back to back. KO’s promo read like it was from Paul Heyman’s ECW, which is not a bad thing.

You’ve done a great job of building next week’s show, and I am particularly interested in how you handle some of these matches. I do think Edge and Karrion Kross would have served better as a pay-per-view match rather than an Elimination Chamber qualifying match, but hey ho.

I’m not too surprised to see Ember Moon overcome Tay Conti to retain the WWE Women’s Championship. It sounded like a competitive match, but one I’m still reluctant to consider a strong main event. It did serve the purpose of revealing the end game of this show - and that is setting up Ember and Sasha Banks’ match at the Great American Bash.

SmackDown provided a few great segments and storylines with an interesting variety of talents. I’m fascinated in how long the lore lies with this BTB. Good stuff.

Tg11

Reaction score
Thank God because I was starting to get sick of R Truth honestly so this EWR injury coming out of nowhere is a blessing in disguise unless you bring back Truth back as a more serious Truth, then I would gladly have him back

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Monday Night Raw
June 29th 2020
Denver, Colorado

Pepsi Center

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday Night Raw starts the final show before Armageddon with a pan around the arena before we cut to the commentary team of Elias and Michael Cole at ringside who welcome us to the show by running down the card for tonight’s show:

• Tegan Nox taking on Dana Brooke
  • Cruiserweight ladder qualifying matches: Kalisto vs Danny Burch and Lio Rush vs Akira Tozawa
  • Two previews of the Cruiserweight ladder match: Mustafa Ali vs Oney Lorcan and Dolph Ziggler vs Ricochet
  • Andrade Cien Almas in action
  • British Strong Style taking on Ungovernable members: Cesaro, Ilja Dragunov and Angel Garza
  • And the contract for the main event of Armageddon is signed by Sheamus and Drew McIntyre

The commentary team then tells us before all those we are kicking off the match with tag team action as…

THE NEW DAY walks out onto the entrance ramp! It is only BIG E and XAVIER WOODS with Kofi still on the shelf with an injury currently but they play to the crowd and Big E lifts his Money in the Bank briefcase into the air as well showing it off. The commentary team reminds us that Woods is 6 days away from the biggest singles match of his career when he fights John Morrison for the Intercontinental title at Armageddon. The duo waits in the ring until…

JOHN MORRISON walks out onto the stage in his signature fur coat and he is joined by his bodyguard ERICK ROWAN and his wife FRANKY MONET! Morrison and Monet have a little make-out session at the top of the ramp before walking to the ring with Rowan towering over them. The commentary team points out how cowardly John Morrison has been since the turn of the year but it is paying off for him with the gold around his waist. They also mention Miz lurking in the background looking to get his hands on Morrison. Once in the ring, Erick Rowan is told to start for his team whilst Big E steps into the ring for The New Day as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway!

Match 1: The New Day vs John Morrison and Erick Rowan w/Franky Monet
Match summary: Erick Rowan tries to overpower Big E in the early going but Big E is too powerful for him and lifts him up off the mat, slamming him down with force. Rowan looks angry as does Morrison who demands coming into the match but Woods asks E for the tag and his friend obliges. Morrison and Woods battle in the middle of the ring with John not taking him seriously at first but Woods shows him up on a couple of occasions, as Morrison goes to the outside of the ring throwing a tantrum as his wife supports him.

John Morrison gets back into the ring as Big E becomes the legal man and once again the heels struggle due to the experience of the New Day. Morrison and Rowan try to get back into the match with a variety of dirty tricks but The New Day are ready for each one having either used them in the past or due to their experience fighting several teams throughout the years as we move into the closing stages of the match.

Big E is tagged in and runs through everyone like a house on fire as he catches a diving Morrison in mid-air and PLANTS HIM WITH SPINEBUSTER! The crowd goes wild for Mr. Money in the Bank who gets to his feet and tags Woods into the match. Morrison looks to crawl to the corner but Woods cuts him off. Rowan tries to climb into the ring but GETS SPEARED THROUGH THE ROPES TO THE RING FLOOR! Woods meanwhile climbs to the top rope and walks along the ropes as he flies off and hits LIMIT BREAK! Woods makes the cover and picks up a huge win ahead of Sunday night!

Winners via pinfall: The New Day (12:51)

Big E slides back into the ring and hugs his best friend as they celebrate this victory. The commentary meanwhile reminds us if this happens on Sunday, we will see a new champion. John Morrison grabs the Intercontinental title and quickly sneaks up the entrance ramp clutching the belt as Franky calms him down and Erick Rowan shakes his head. Woods carries on the celebration in the ring as Big E hypes his best friend up as we cut to a commercial break.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ad break

When we return from the commercial break JOHN MORRISON, FRANKY MONET and ERICK ROWAN are walking through the back as Morrison looks pissed off.

John Morrison:
They got lucky. On any other night, we would have won but the referee forced me to wrestle with a pulled muscle.

Franky nods agreeing with the clearly fake excuse.

John Morrison:
Where is Shawn? He should be in charge of Raw. He would understand my needs. He had to drop his title due to losing his smile. He would understand me needing a week off.

Franky Monet:
He should be treating his top star, right honey.

They share a kiss before being interrupted by THE MIZ who has a smug look on his face. Morrison looks at Rowan who steps in between but Miz smirks.

The Miz:
It’s alright John, I don’t want a fight tonight.

Morrison still looks on edge.

The Miz: I just wanted to remind you if you manage to keep that title…

Miz points at the IC belt as John pulls it back looking defensive which brings a smile to Miz’s face.

The Miz: And that’s a big if after what I saw out there…

Erick Rowan steps forward and towers over The Miz!

Erick Rowan: You lost to him too!

Morrison and Monet both mock Miz in the background shouting Rowan is right.

The Miz:
Only because you two attacked me from behind.

Erick and Miz both stare at each other with neither backing down as Morrison stands behind his bodyguard.

The Miz: But I know the only way to get to you John is through him!

He points directly at the giant who stays towering over him.

The Miz: I’ll see you next week!

Miz issues the challenge to the bodyguard of John Morrison who just stoically nods whilst Morrison looks unhappy. We cut back to the commentary team at ringside who confirm Wade Barrett has made the match official for the post-Armageddon Raw and look to discuss it more until…

SAMI ZAYN makes his way out onto the entrance ramp with a microphone in hand! The popular superstar heads to the ring and slaps the hands of the fans at the ringside on the way to the ring. The commentary team reminds us that Sami will be facing Randy Orton at Armageddon and the Underdog from the Underground steps through the ropes as he looks to the face and begins to speak.

Sami Zayn:
A few people over the last few days have asked me, why I’m chasing after Randy Orton.

He takes a moment to smile as he walks around the ring.

Sami Zayn:
They bring up Judgment Day and say I helped Kevin Owens get revenge.

Sami pauses and smiles.

Sami Zayn:
I helped Kevin get his revenge… but I still need mine.

Sami looks a beat downbeat before carrying on after letting out a big sigh.

Sami Zayn:
Yes Kevin’s best friend was put on the shelf for months but I was the one who had to miss Wrestlemania!

Sami gets a bit louder clearly angry about that.

Sami Zayn:
I was the one who was kicked in the skull and had to spend weeks in the hospital surrounded by my wife and kids!

The sad look on Sami’s face turns to anger as he gets fired up.

Sami Zayn: And now, I want to prove I am my own man! I want to beat Randy Orton by myself!

He points at his chest and emphasizes his point.

Sami Zayn: People look at me and they think of just Kevin! I’m my own man and that’s why I asked for us to be drafted separately.

Sami walks around the ring leaning on the ropes.

Sami Zayn: And at Armageddon, I will get the chance to prove why I am a former NXT Champion when I…

A huge mixed reaction from the live crowd as RANDY ORTON walks out onto the entrance ramp with a microphone in hand. Sami looks angry at being interrupted but Orton has a slight smirk on his face as he looks to speak.

Randy Orton: Sami, you could have left me alone. I’d already gotten my receipt for you costing me my match with your best friend.

Sami shakes his head not buying that for a second.

Randy Orton: But you insisted on getting in my way and that means you need to be taken care of.

Sami Zayn:
Then why wait? Let’s do this right now!

Sami drops the microphone and challenges Randy to come to the ring but the Viper shakes his head.

Randy Orton: No I am a legend killer turned legend and I don’t need to end you tonight Sami!

Boos from the crowd but Randy doesn’t care.

Randy Orton: But remember this Sami, what I did you a few months ago wasn’t personal. You were Kevin’s friend and an easy target to hurt.

Sami glares at Orton but the Viper smiles evilly.

Randy Orton: But now you are trying to step out of his shadow and into my spotlight? I need to remind you of the three most dangerous letters in all of wrestling. R K…

The crowd finishes it off for him as Orton looks at them with disdain.

Randy Orton:
You know the rest.

Randy drops the microphone and leaves as Sami in the ring looks even more angry and motivated after the Viper’s words tonight. The commentary team hypes up the fact that Sami is a former NXT Champion but has he lost some of that fire from those days. We then get informed by the commentary team that Tegan Nox and Dana Brooke will be in action next!

Ad break

*RESPECTFUL*

Boos from the live crowd as DANA BROOKE makes her way out and she is joined by new ally FRANKY MONET! Both women insult the crowd as the commentary team mentions Dana Brooke has had a stagnant few years and maybe this alliance with Franky Monet is what she needs to re-establish herself on Monday Night Raw.

A decent pop from the live crowd as TEGAN NOX walks out onto the entrance ramp ready for action and she is joined by her tag team partner DAKOTA KAI! The duo high-fived the fans on the way to the ring. The commentary team meanwhile mentions that Team Kick planned to see off Franky Monet before going after Ronda and Shayna’s tag team titles but Dana Brooke’s attack caused them to have to delay their plans. Tegan steps into the ring as Dana talks a bunch of trash to the Welsh Wizard and the referee calls for the bell to start the match.

Match 2: Tegan Nox w/Dakota Kai vs Dana Brooke w/Franky Monet
Match summary: Dana Brooke right from the bell is using any cheap trick she can to try to gain an advantage over Tegan Nox, knowing she is outclassed. Tegan though fires off a series of kicks on Dana Brooke and Kai stops Franky Monet from getting involved allowing Tegan to hit THE SHINEST WIZARD on Dana Brooke and pick up the win!

Winner via pinfall: Tegan Nox (4:01)

The crowd cheers as Tegan gets to her feet and celebrates the singles win on tonight’s show. Franky Monet outside the ring grabs Dana Brooke as the duo retreats up the entrance ramp, annoyed at being shown up in this match. The commentary team wonders if this is a sign of what is to come as Wade Barrett has made a tag team clash between the two groups official for the Armageddon pre-show! We see both teams trash-talking before cutting backstage as…

SHEAMUS is arriving at the arena! As you know only the coolest babyfaces show up late for work! As he walks down the hallway he is soon stopped by RENEE YOUNG!

Renee Young: Sheamus, later on tonight you sign the contract for the WWE title match at Armageddon with your close friend Drew. Do you have any concerns about fighting such a close friend?

Sheamus shakes his head.

Sheamus: We love to fight so why don’t we do it together?

He has a smile on his face as he carries on.

Sheamus:
Fighting for the greatest prize on offer and the chance to become a five-time world champion by beating my friend? One of the best in the world today. It’s the kind of fight we dreamed of trying to get here.

Renee Young:
Speaking of friendships, you and Cesaro have had a few issues the last few weeks.

Sheamus stops smiling and looks slightly sad as Renee carries on.

Renee Young:
You have clearly had an issue with some of his choices in allies in recent times?

Sheamus nods.

Sheamus: It’s because I know he can do better.

He sighs before carrying on.

Sheamus: He was one of the best in the world when he fought me and was fighting by my side. Now? He is Andrade’s lap dog and not the Swiss Superman I respected.

Renee Young: What do you plan to do to make him see the light?

Sheamus smiles slightly but looks sad.

Sheamus:
I already tried beating some sense into him. Maybe I didn’t hit him hard enough.

Sheamus walks off and brings the interview to an end as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we see BREEZANGO sitting backstage on two make-up chairs as they look directly at the camera.

Tyler Breeze:
Noam, you have been trying to make things ugly between us for too long and it’s time we teach you a lesson.

Fandango: Someone with the ugly traits you have, we doubt you have any friends but we need you to find one.

Tyler Breeze:
We both want to teach you a lesson and since we have honor plus grace, we don’t want a handicap.

Fandango:
So find a friend or pay for one…

Tyler Breeze: You seem the type used to needing that.

Shots fired.

Fandango: We will see you at Armageddon on the pre-show and we will show what happens when you mess with our beauty shots.

The promo comes to an end as the commentary team confirms that Noam Dar will have to find a partner to take on Breezango on the Armageddon pre-show this Sunday. They speculate who would team with him before we hear the theme music for…

*FEARLESS WARRIOR*

KALISTO! The Mexican high-flier makes his way out onto the entrance ramp getting decent cheers from the crowd and he is joined by his tag team partner LINCE DORADO! Both men head down the entrance ramp showing respect to the kids in the front row. He hops into the ring as the commentary team puts over his win over Baron Corbin giving him a ton of momentum going into this qualifying match.

Boos from the crowd as the angry DANNY BURCH walks down the ramp ready for a fight. ONEY LORCAN is by his friend's side as his partner looks to join him in the Cruiserweight number one contender’s ladder match in 6 days. The commentary team put over the advantage of having a partner in the match could give both men as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway!

Match 3: Qualifying match: Kalisto w/Lince Dorado vs Danny Burch w/Oney Lorcan

Match summary: Kalisto starts the match off in a face-paced fashion but similar to the Lince vs Oney match on last week’s Raw, the strikes from Danny ground him and starts to put the pressure on him. Oney and Lince stay out of the match outside the ring as Kalisto struggles to fight back. Danny is in control but in the end, Kalisto finally makes a comeback and picks up the win with the SALIDA DEL SOL!

Winner via pinfall: Kalisto (5:10)

Kalisto gets to his feet and celebrates the victory with Lince Dorado joining him inside the ring. Oney meanwhile checks on his tag team partner as both scowl at the Luchadores in the ring. The commentary put over the previous performances Kalisto has had in ladder matches and wonder if he can not only win that match but become a two-time Cruiserweight champion! The two teams meanwhile make it clear their issues are not done just yet but the commentary team confirms after the commercial break we will hear from the MMA Horsewomen!

Ad break

We return from the commercial break as THE MMA HORSEWOMEN walk out onto the entrance ramp with a microphone in hand. RONDA ROUSEY and SHAYNA BASZLER walk out with their WWE Women’s tag team titles on their right shoulder and Shayna’s Women’s Universal title on her left shoulder. The goons JESSAYMN DUKE and MARINA SHAFIR flank them from either side as the commentary team reminds us Shayna defeated Nia Jax last week in her first title defense and has another this Sunday against Natalya. Meanwhile Ronda Rousey takes on Charlotte Flair. They remind us the group wants to take over not only Monday Night Raw but the whole of WWE and those tag team titles are a key part of it. The MMA Horsewomen now stand in the ring as Ronda looks to speak first.

Ronda Rousey: When will you people learn?

Loud boos as Ronda is already taunting the live crowd.

Ronda Rousey:
This is now our division, everyone else is just living in it!

A good chuckle from the horsewomen as Shayna takes over.

Shayna Baszler: Your hero went into hiding and we filled the power vacuum.

Loud boos and a few “Becky” chants start up which pisses off Ronda.

Ronda Rousey:
Keep chanting her name because she isn’t coming back.

Nuclear heat as Ronda leans on the ropes pointing at the live crowd.

Ronda Rousey: She has something better to cling to than you people and she ain’t ever coming back.

The crowd clearly disagrees with Ronda’s statement (or hopes) as Shayna takes back over.

Shayna Baszler:
And if she was still around, she would have been our victim instead of you Beth.

The fans start to chant for the legend Beth Phoenix who Shayna beat to become Women’s Universal champion. Shayna shakes her head.

Shayna Baszler: Beth, if you are smart I would stay at home.

Ronda Rousey: You had already been considering retirement before you won that title there. Accept your two-day reign and stay playing with your kids or else!

A vile threat made by the duo and the crowd reigns down the heat on the deadly duo.

Shayna Baszler: But you will soon have company.

An evil smile appears on Shayna’s face.

Shayna Baszler:
Your best friend “Nattie” and your former trainer Ronda.

A nod from Ronda as Shayna turns back to the camera.

Shayna Baszler: But really whilst she was training with you Natalya, she was secretly learning from me.

Ronda Rousey: If anything Natalya, I should have been teaching you.

She smirks.

Ronda Rousey: And maybe you will have the chance.

Loud boos from the crowd as Ronda carries on.

Ronda Rousey: If you were smart, you would call off your title shot this Sunday and join back up with us.

Shayna nods in agreement.

Shayna Baszler:
C’mon Nattie. What do you have to say?

Boos from the crowd as the MMA Horsewomen wait in the ring until…

NATALYA walks out with a microphone getting a decent reaction from the live crowd as she looks to respond.

Natalya: Why would I give up not only a chance to become Women’s Champion for the third time in my career but to avenge my best friend Beth?

Ronda and Shayna laugh as Ronda steps forward.

Ronda Rousey:
Because you value your career.

Natalya:
Is that a threat?

Ronda shakes her head.

Ronda Rousey: No I meant you value how you are viewed.

Natalya tilts her head as Ronda carries on.

Ronda Rousey: Beth doesn’t value you. She doesn’t respect you like I do.

Natalya seems very wary about where this is going but Ronda carries on amid the boos from the live crowd.

Ronda Rousey: I mean look at her slump. It wasn’t your words that got her out of it, it was her husband's.

Shayna Baszler:
Never been a big fan of having a rely on a man to pick me up off the ground.

Shayna shrugs as Ronda carries on.

Ronda Rousey:
If anything she has been using you to coast through her final year of retirement.

Natalya thinks deeply about those words before shaking her head.

Natalya: Ronda you can try all the mind games you want but I am taking that title from Shayna at Armageddon and I’m doing it for Beth!

A cheap pop from the crowd but not too loud as most aren’t too behind the robotic Natalya. Shayna and Ronda look at each other shaking their head.

Ronda Rousey:
Well it’s your funeral Nattie. I’m sorry we have to do this.

Ronda and Shayna drop their microphones as they signal to the goons to leave the ring. They head up the ramp ready to fight Natalya who bravely stands ready for a fight until…

A massive mixed reaction but it again leans towards positive due to CHARLOTTE FLAIR coming out to deal with The MMA Horsewomen! She has a microphone in hand as the group slowly walks up the ramp but The Queen smugly smirks.

Charlotte Flair: I figured you might try to pull something like this.

She looks at Natalya who nods.

Charlotte Flair:
But when you are a living legend, you know over legends as well!

Charlotte drops the microphone as…

TRISH STRATUS runs out onto the ramp but she is also soon joined by…

LITA joins the other 3 women at the top of the entrance ramp and they start to brawl with the MMA Horsewomen! Natalya and Charlotte go after Ronda and Shayna Baszler brawling with them whilst Lita and Trish deal with the goons. The legendary duo takes care of them with ease before Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler flee through the crowd getting loud boos but the babyfaces aren’t done with the goons left behind just yet!

Lita climbs into the barricade whilst Charlotte hits Marina with NATURAL SELECTION and Trish Stratus hits Duke with STRATUSFACTION planting both women down next to each other. Lita then climbs onto the barricade lining them up before flying off and hitting a DIVING MOONSAULT! Natalya then grabs both goons locking them in a DOUBLE SHARPSHOOTER!

Loud cheers from the crowd as Duke and Shafir scream in pain tapping out as Shayna and Ronda watch on from the crowd with Shayna showing her first bit of nerves since winning her title. Eventually, Natalya drops the hold and she re-joins Charlotte Flair, Trish Stratus and Lita at the top of the ramp as the women stand tall. Michael Cole and Elias hype up the two matches for the PPV but also wonder what Trish and Lita would look like with the tag team titles before we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see CHARLOTTE FLAIR, NATALYA, TRISH STRATUS and LITA walking through the backstage area. As the quartet are walking through the back CHARLY CARUSO approaches them looking for an interview.

Charly Caruso: Ladies, a nice showing against the MMA Horsewomen. Surely that gives you confidence ahead of Sunday night?

Nattie nods speaking first.

Natalya:
I come from wrestling royalty just like Charlotte…

Charlotte Flair:
We don’t mention it often.

Trish and Lita can’t help but shake their heads smiling.

Natalya: Being a champion is in my veins and it has been too long since I’ve held gold in WWE.

Charlotte nods.

Charlotte Flair: I know the feeling but I have some business to take care of first.

She gets serious as she looks toward the camera.

Charlotte Flair: Ronda Rousey thinks she runs this division. She thinks she is the gatekeeper. No that’s me.

She points at herself.

Charlotte Flair: If you want to be at the top of the division you have to go through me and I don’t intend on letting you run this brand Ronda. At Armageddon, what I did with a steel chair over a year ago will be child’s play.

Charly then turns to Trish and Lita looking to ask them a question now.

Charly Caruso:
Lita and Trish, no one expected you to be here on Raw tonight. How did Charlotte talk you into appearing?

The legends smile.

Trish Stratus:
She is right. Legends have got to look after the future legends.

A smile on Charlotte’s face appears as Lita steps in.

Lita: And we really wanted to send a message to the champions. This isn’t a vanity project of ours. We are not here for one match to win the titles. No, if we win the titles we are back in this division!

A loud pop from the crowd excited to see the legends appear week in week out.

Trish Stratus: And we have no interest in letting the MMA Horsewomen run things.

Lita: We’ll be on Smackdown ladies, we’ll see you there.

The four women walk off having sent a message to the MMA Horsewomen as we cut back to the commentary team who not only hype Smackdown but also hype up Armageddon this Sunday until…

AKIRA TOZAWA makes his way out and is joined by TITUS O’NEIL as they make their way down the entrance ramp. Akira hypes himself up on the way to the ring shouting AHA as he heads down the entrance ramp and the commentary team reminds us he has been a Cruiserweight champion twice in WWE: Once on Raw and once in NXT so will be looking to be a 3-time champion if he wins tonight and on Sunday. He stands in the ring waiting for…

LIO RUSH walks out hyping himself up and getting boos from the crowd. MVP and ISAIAH “SWERVE” SCOTT join him on the entrance ramp heading towards the ring. The commentary team mentions ever since the turn of the year, Lio has been proving he is more than just all mouth and could be a threat to whoever walks out of Armageddon as Cruiserweight champion. He climbs into the ring across from Akira Tozawa as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway.

Match 4: Qualifying match: Lio Rush w/MVP and Isaiah “Swerve” Scott vs Akira Tozawa w/Titus O’Neil
Match summary: Lio Rush and Akira have a fun fast-paced match with all the men on the outside of the ring watching the action rather than getting involved throughout. Akira tries to win the match with a variety of kicks and suplexes slamming him down but Lio Rush uses his speed plus high-flying to pick up the win in the end flying off the top rope with the GOLDEN HOUR! Lio is the final entrant in the Cruiserweight number one contender’s ladder match!

Winner via pinfall: Lio Rush (6:44)

Lio Rush gets to his feet and celebrates a win that puts him one match away from another shot at the Cruiserweight title. The rest of the Hurt Business join him in the ring and celebrate with Lio Rush as the crowd boos the group. The commentary team put over the fact that The Hurt Business are picking up wins over the last few weeks and then talk about Samoa Joe wondering what his decision will be as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see THE HURT BUSINESS walking through the backstage area. LIO RUSH especially looks to be in good spirits but ISAIAH “SWERVE” SCOTT also looks very happy. MVP stops them as they are walking and they come face to face with ANDRADE CIEN ALMAS and ZELINA VEGA! There is a bit of tension between the wrestlers but MVP turns to his clients.

MVP: Guys I will handle this.

Lio nods and walks off with Swerve hanging around for a bit longer eyeing up Andrade but he does what MVP says leaving him alone with Zelina and Andrade. El Idolo doesn’t look impressed to have been stopped by MVP.

Andrade Cien Almas: Blocking our way and sending your clients seems like a bad idea to me.

MVP smiles and puts his hands up defensively.

MVP: Andrade I just came to talk business.

Andrade scowls at him but Zelina smiles and is intrigued.

Andrade Cien Almas:
I’ve got no interest in joining your little Hurt Business.

MVP shakes his head.

MVP: Oh Andrade, I’m not here for that reason. You would be a great addition to the Hurt Business. A former Universal and NXT Champion? That’s would take us to the top.

Andrade remains unimpressed by the buttering up from MVP.

MVP: But I came to speak to the other brain behind The Ungovernables.

He turns to a smirking Zelina who remains wary but lets MVP speak.

MVP: I figured I would give my business card to Zelina.

He pulls out a business card confusing Zelina but MVP smiles.

MVP: See my clients are the best at putting the hurt on people…

MVP goes to walk off looking at Andrade Cien Almas.

MVP: So if you ever need some business, business is booming.

MVP walks off as Zelina looks at the card in her hand with a smile whilst Andrade looks on before smirking as well.

We then cut to the backstage area and we see DREW MCINTYRE walking through the back with his WWE title over his shoulder. He has a smile on his face before being stopped by RENEE YOUNG looking for an interview.

Renee Young: Drew, in tonight’s main event you will be signing the contract for your main event match at Armageddon with Sheamus. How are you feeling ahead of it?

He smirks slightly.

Drew McIntyre:
Well we all know how contract signings end.

He has a slight laugh before carrying on.

Drew McIntyre: For many years, before even making it to WWE for the first time…

He takes the WWE title off his shoulder and holds it in front of Renee.

Drew McIntyre: Fighting over this title as friends and now we get that chance in 6 days!

Drew puts the title back on his shoulder as Renee carries on.

Renee Young:
Do you have any concerns about falling out with Sheamus?

Drew shakes his head.

Drew McIntyre:
We love to fight and we have fought each other all over the world.

He leans towards Renee.

Drew McIntyre:
Who do you think helped me train for Wrestlemania?

On Celtic Warrior workouts.

Drew McIntyre: But this time, there will be no holding back and the best man will win.

Renee Young: What will you two do after the match?

Drew thinks for a moment.

Drew McIntyre: I think a pint of Guinness sounds good to me.

Drew with the WWE title on his shoulder walks off and brings the interview to an end as the commentary team confirms we will get a Cruiserweight ladder preview with Mustafa Ali taking on Oney Lorcan next!

Ad break

Boos from the live crowd as ONEY LORCAN marches out with a scowl on his face. He is joined by his tag team partner DANNY BURCH who is still smarting after his loss earlier tonight to Kalisto. The commentary team puts over Oney’s strikes and submissions, with him being able to pick apart all the opponents in the ladder match before climbing to the top and earning a Cruiserweight title shot.

A loud pop from the crowd as MUSTAFA ALI walks out onto the entrance ramp and poses for the fans. He heads down the entrance ramp as he slaps hands with the fans. The commentary team mentions his issues with Dolph Ziggler and the fact they have been brawling at any opportunity. They say both Ziggler and Ali asked for matches to blow off some steam and they were given two of the men they will face at Armageddon. Ali stands in the ring getting glared at by Oney as the referee calls for the bell.

Match 5: Mustafa Ali vs Oney Lorcan w/Danny Burch

Match summary: Oney Lorcan fires off on Mustafa Ali in the opening stages as Mustafa tries to match him with strikes but Oney takes control. The commentary team also mentions that Oney will be looking to win this match not just for momentum but also due to Mustafa Ali’s status as a former Cruiserweight champion. Ali does regroup however and catches Oney off-guard using speed and ability to fly off the ropes to fight back against Oney’s offense.

Oney keeps on trying to take down Mustafa but as the match goes on he gets more and more frustrated. He goes even harder after Mustafa but at the end of the match, he goes too hard after Ali and gets countered into a STANDING SPANISH FLY! Ali plants Oney onto the mat before looking to the corner of the ring. He steadies himself as Danny Burch tries to stop him but gets kicked away so Ali hits the 054 for the win!

Winner via pinfall: Mustafa Ali (7:28)

Mustafa Ali gets to his feet having picked up another win even with Danny Burch making his presence felt in the closing stages. The commentary team says Mustafa would have to be the favourite heading into the Cruiserweight number one contender’s ladder match this Sunday. Oney kicks the steps in frustration as he leaves whilst Ali is shown celebrating in the ring before we cut to…

THE UNGOVERNABLES LOCKER ROOM! We can see ILJA DRAGUNOV getting ready for action with ANGEL GARZA relaxing in the background. The door comes open and we can see CESARO walk into the room. There is some clear tension as Cesaro also starts getting ready for action. Angel is the first man to break the silence.

Angel Garza: Hey Cesaro, why have you been cold in the group chat? Are you still mad at Ilja for last week?

Cesaro sighs.

Cesaro: I was busy.

He turns to Ilja.

Cesaro: Me and Ilja spoke separately and we are cool.

Ilja nods.

Cesaro: He knows I can handle stuff myself and I’ll ask if I need anyone.

Angel scoffs which gets Cesaro to walk over to the Latino Lothario.

Cesaro: What?

Angel smirks and Cesaro remains pretty angry.

Angel Garza: You didn’t handle Sheamus last week did you?

Angel smiles at his own joke but Cesaro isn’t in the mood for jokes as he GRABS HIM BY THE SHIRT AND LIFTS HIM INTO THE AIR!

Angel Garza: Whoa whoa!

Cesaro: Do you think you are funny? Do I look like your arm candy who will pretend to laugh at your bad jokes?

Ilja comes over to the two and tries to calm down the situation shouting in Russian as the door opens again and ZELINA VEGA, ANDRADE CIEN ALMAS plus EVA MARIE walk into the locker room.

Zelina Vega:
Enough!

Cesaro glares at Angel for a few more seconds before releasing him. Angel un-scuffs his shirt and Eva runs over kissing his cheek but he doesn’t look happy.

Zelina Vega:
This needs to stop.

She looks at all of them even Andrade before carrying on.

Zelina Vega: We are Ungovernable. We are a unit. We work together to make sure all win gold.

She looks at the three champions in the group who all nod before looking at Andrade.

Zelina Vega:
And now we send a message on your way to getting yours back!

Andrade remains silent as Zelina leads him out the door as the commentary team confirms we will see Andrade in action next after the commercial break!

Ad break

*GANGSTER’S PARADISE*

Boos from the live crowd as ANDRADE CIEN ALMAS makes his way to the ring. He has a smug smirk on his face as he is dressed and is ready for action. ZELINA VEGA is by his side and has a devilish smirk on her face as they head down the entrance ramp. The commentary team puts over the challenge Andrade faces at Armageddon, taking on Brock Lesnar but if he can win, he will get a WWE title match at Summerslam against either Drew McIntyre or Sheamus. Andrade once inside the ring heads into the ropes and even does the Tranquillo pose as Zelina looks to address the live crowd.

Zelina Vega: Colorado, you are about to be treated to a preview of what will happen this Sunday when Andrade steps into the ring with Brock Lesnar!

Boos from the crowd and even a few “Lesnar” chants from the live crowd.

Zelina Vega: My client is going to show you that this is now Ungovernable territory and we run this brand. Not Brock Lesnar, not Sheamus and not Drew McIntyre!

Andrade who is still posing in the ropes shouts it’s true.

Zelina Vega: So right now...

A humongous pop from the live crowd and Andrade leaps off the ropes into the middle of the ring! He waits as the iconic music hits and we see BROCK LESNAR walk onto the entrance ramp to cheers from the crowd… though they soon twig that it’s not Brock Lesnar… no it’s PARKER BOUDREAUX!?! The commentary team wonders who this is (we know but they don’t) as Andrade carries on acting fake-scared.

He climbs into the ring and starts to badly copy Brock’s mannerisms (cause 2023 Parker sucks so how bad was 2020) as Andrade carries on faking fear. A referee then runs out as the commentary team says Wade Barrett has confirmed that Zelina Vega has requested this opponent to wrestle Andrade and it has been granted. Zelina leaves the ring whilst Andrade carries on hamming things up now in a mocking fashion whilst the referee calls for the bell!

Match 6: Andrade Cien Almas vs Parker Boudreaux

Match summary: Parker yells at Andrade threatening to take him to Suplex City but soon gets a DROPKICK TO THE FACE! Parker stumbles backward and Andrade taunts the crowd, as he sticks his arms out showing how easy it will be to beat Brock. He lays into the lookalike with a series of kicks but Parker fights back with a SPINEBUSTER! He grabs hold of Andrade lifting him off the mat and looks to send him flying with a GERMAN SUPLEX… BUT ANDRADE LANDS ON HIS FEET ONCE AGAIN!

He poses to the crowd whilst Parker goes a series of taunts and overhypes himself before turning around into Andrade who lays into him with a series of kicks! Andrade from there controls the match and even makes a point to target the stomach of Parker, hitting him with a series of DOUBLE FOOT STOMPS TO THE MID-SECTION! Andrade then finishes off the jobber with the HAMMERLOCK DDT picking up the easy win!

Winner via pinfall: Andrade Cien Almas (3:24)

Andrade gets back to his feet and celebrates the easy victory over Parker with Zelina getting into the ring. She overhypes the win mockingly as the jobber leaves them in the ring to celebrate (will we see him again? Doubt it). The commentary rolls their eyes at the antics of Andrade and Zelina in the ring before the leader of the Ungovernables grabs the microphone.

Zelina Vega: Did you see that?

Loud boos from the crowd not impressed with the antics of Andrade and Zelina.

Zelina Vega: This is what awaits the so-called Beast. He is about to meet his maker.

Andrade grabs the microphone from Zelina and looks to mock the fans.

Andrade Cien Almas: Brock!

He points at Parker who heads back through the curtain with a big smile on his face.

Andrade Cien Almas: He was nothing just like you will be nothing after I beat you.

Andrade turns away from the entrance ramp and smirks but the crown starts to cheer as PAUL HEYMAN APPEARS ON THE TITANTRON CLAPPING! This makes Andrade pause and he turns around to see the advocate smirking who speaks first.

Paul Heyman: I must say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

He smiles and shakes his head as Andrade remains unimpressed.

Paul Heyman: But there is nothing like the real deal!

Paul gets serious as he looks directly at Andrade.

Paul Heyman:
Andrade you might think you will have it easy against Brock but let me ask this to you Andrade, why did you need six men to take him down?

Loud cheers from the live crowd who enjoy Andrade Cien Almas look lost for words as he knows he has no answer, he fears Brock Lesnar.

Paul Heyman:
You’re all alone Andrade and you will meet your Armageddon this Sunday!

Roll credits!

Paul Heyman: My client has been waiting over a year to be a world champion again, no one will survive in his wake!

Paul gets really fired-up as he looks to send a big message to Andrade.

Paul Heyman:
And whoever walks into Summerslam as champion will fall at the hands of BROCCCCK LESNARRRRRRR!

The promo comes to an end with Paul Heyman disappearing from the titantron leaving Andrade in the ring lost for words as Zelina Vega tries to calm her client down but whilst he is showing anger, is it based in fear? The commentary team hypes up the number one contender’s match for Summerslam before saying we will hear from Noam Dar after the commercial break!

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see NOAM DAR walking up and down backstage with a big smile on his face whilst clearly on the phone to someone.

Noam Dar: Nah pal, they are a pair of soft dafties but it’s about time you came to the spotlight.

Dar chuckles as he listens to whoever it is responding to him before he wraps up the phone call.

Noam Dar: Listen I have to go, the people want to hear from me. Yeah, I know they are all morons anyway!

Cheap heat but the live crowd responds with boos for it as Dar puts his phone away and turns to the camera.

Noam Dar: Sorry I was just on the phone with my new tag team partner.

He has a smug smirk before carrying on.

Noam Dar: He is an old friend of mine all the way from Scotland and it’s been too long without him in the spotlight!

Dar sticks his arms out.

Noam Dar:
And he is the only man I will share it with.

Dar is acting very smug as he gets closer to the camera.

Noam Dar: So who is it? Well, it is…

Dar wags a finger smirking.

Noam Dar: I’m not going to tell you or those dafties. I’m not as stupid as you people.

More boos from the crowd but the smirking Noam Dar doesn’t care as he carries on.

Noam Dar:
You’ll find out Sunday night!

Noam Dar walks off laughing to himself looking very smug before we cut to the medical room backstage as we see…

NIA JAX sitting on a table being looked over by the medical team and she is clearly in a ton of pain. We can see them checking over it as the door opens up and we see PIPER NIVEN come into the room with a smile on her face. Nia looks even more furious but stays quiet as Piper looks at the medics.

Piper Niven:
Did you guys want me to come back? You look a little busy.

Nia gets to her feet, with her arm in a sling and glares at Piper Niven.

Nia Jax: I’m leaving.

Piper shrugs her shoulders to let Nia past but she turns to Piper giving her daggers.

Nia Jax: When this arm is healed, if you keep getting in my way I’ll show you a fraction of what I can do.

Piper responds with a smile.

Piper Niven: Looking forward to it.

That answer only seems to piss Nia Jax off more as she storms off elsewhere leaving Piper in the medical room as she gets ready for a check-up as the show cuts to a commercial break.

Ad break

Cheers from the majority of the crowd but a few of them boo after DOLPH ZIGGLER’S comments on last week's show to Mustafa Ali. He does the signature butt shake at the top of the entrance ramp but as he turns around you can tell Ziggler is pissed off. He doesn’t pay the fans much mind and heads to the ring. The commentary team makes a comment on Ziggler’s mood and mentions that he will be desperate to get his hands on Ali the moment the Cruiserweight ladder match starts. He stands in the ring and waits as his opponent…

RICOCHET walks out onto the entrance ramp! The crowd cheers for arguably the most gifted high-flier in the WWE today! He slaps the hands of the fans as the commentary team hypes up Ricochet’s performances in past ladder matches but mentions he is yet to come out on top. Could Sunday be the first time he finally does it and will it be another show-stealing performance from him? Ricochet leaps over the ropes across from Dolph Ziggler as the referee calls for the bell to get the match underway!

Match 7: Dolph Ziggler vs Ricochet

Match summary:
Ziggler in the first few moments charges right at Ricochet and lays into him with a series of punches to the head. He grabs the smaller Ricochet and sends him across the ring, playing up the size advantage over the majority of his fellow Cruiserweights. Ricochet though feels in his element wrestling someone much bigger than him and uses his unique offense to overwhelm Ziggler who is getting more and more frustrated as the match goes on.

Ziggler acts more heelish and starts to get even more boos as the match carries on and grinds down Ricochet taking away the legs of the smaller high-flier! Ziggler is in control of the match as we enter the final stages of the match as he even hits the ZIG-ZAG getting a very close 2-count! Ziggler argues with the referee before seeing Ricochet getting back to his feet and goes for a SUPERKICK… BUT RICOCHET DUCKS AND ROLLS ZIGGLER UP TO PICK UP THE WIN!

Winner via pinfall: Ricochet (8:17)

Cheers from the crowd as Ziggler kicks out just after 3 but it is too late and it means Ricochet gains huge momentum heading into the number one contender’s ladder match! Ricochet heads outside the ring to celebrate with the fans whilst Ziggler is left in the ring selling his loss. The commentary team puts over Ricochet adapting quickly to the Cruiserweight division and might just earn himself a title shot this Sunday. Back in the ring, Dolph Ziggler pounds the mat in anger prompting Elias to make a joke about Baron Corbin losing a couple of weeks ago before mentioning Kayla Braxton is standing ready for an interview backstage.

KAYLA BRAXTON is standing ready for an interview with a smile on her face as she gets ready to speak.

Kayla Braxton:
It has been an action-packed show but right now my guest at this time requested this interview…

BARON CORBIN walks into the show with a scowl on his face getting boos from the crowd.

Kayla Braxton: Baron you asked for this interview, may I ask why?

He looks annoyed she would even ask.

Baron Corbin: That’s your question. Honestly Kayla, just give me the mic and leave.

He takes the microphone from her and shoos her away. Kayla shakes her head as Corbin looks at the camera.

Baron Corbin:
If I wanted to be disrespected, I’d team with Elias again.

No love is lost between the former tag team partners as Corbin carries on his rant.

Baron Corbin:
Kalisto got lucky and I refuse to let it happen again!

He shakes his head angrily.

Baron Corbin: If anyone else from the Cruiserweight division wants to step up, I’ll put those midgets down.

He walks closer to the camera.

Baron Corbin:
This will be my brand!

Corbin tosses the microphone down on the floor and walks off bringing the interview to an end.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see an angry SAMOA JOE walking through the back clearly deep in thought. He is soon interrupted by THE SINGH BROTHERS who walk around the corner and bump into the Samoan Submission machine! Both men fall backward and look fearful.

Samoa Joe: Watch where you are going!

Joe snarls at the pair who look scared even two-on-one against Joe but we soon see their leader JINDER MAHAL walk into the frame with a smirk.

Jinder Mahal: Joe, you seem like someone with something on your mind.

Joe remains silent just glaring at Jinder.

Jinder Mahal: Are you going to join the Hurt Business?

Joe scoffs.

Samoa Joe: Ain’t nunya business!

Joe gets in Jinder’s face but he just smirks.

Jinder Mahal: Have you been working on your temper, Joe? I could teach you some meditation.

Samoa Joe:
I don’t need anything from you.

That response makes Jinder laugh.

Jinder Mahal:
I mean only one of us has been WWE Champion!

Sorry but sadly it’s true.

Jinder Mahal: May you should join us and I can give you a few tips instead?

Joe smirks and shakes his head almost baffled by the idea of him working under Jinder Mahal.

Samoa Joe:
Or how about I go speak to Wade and crush you next week?

He puts his finger right in Jinder’s face causing Jinder to back away putting his hands up and moving out of Joe’s eye line.

Jinder Mahal:
If that’s how you want it to be, I’ll show you what a champion can do.

Joe doesn’t even react and just barges past The Singh brothers bowling them over on his way elsewhere before we cut back to the ring…

BRITISH STRONG STYLE makes their way out getting a fairly loud pop from the live crowd. The British trio stands at the top of the entrance ramp and poses before walking down the ramp. The commentary team points out this group's success on the British Independent scene and that they have won several titles within the WWE already. The unit gets into the ring and wait for their opponents…

THE UNGOVERNABLES to make their entrance! ZELINA VEGA leads her clients (CESARO, ILJA DRAGUNOV and ANGEL GARZA) out to the ring. EVA MARIE stands behind them as all three of them make a point to lift the World tag team and Cruiserweight titles respectfully trying to intimidate BSS but they don’t look phased. The commentary team mentions we could see a shifting of the guard this Sunday and British Strong Style could be the dominant force on Monday nights. In the ring, Ilja Dragunov looks to start for The Ungovernables whilst Pete Dunne starts for British Strong Style as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway!

Match 8: British Strong Style vs The Ungovernables (Cesaro, Ilja Dragunov and Angel Garza) w/Zelina Vega and Eva Marie
Match summary: Pete Dunne and Ilja Dragunov take their time to size each other up, both familiar with each other from their time in Progress Wrestling. There is a smirk on their face before they lock up in the middle of the ring, trying to take each other down but the European uppercuts of Dragunov fire him away. This prompts Dunne to make the tag and brings in the larger Trent Seven into the match who comes face to face with the Cruiserweight!

Trent Seven starts to overpower Ilja, using his size plus veteran guile to his advantage and this sends Ilja to the corner looking to retreat as he brings Cesaro into the match! The two powerhouse of their respective teams come face to face and eye to eye in the middle of the ring. Trent tries to do what he did to Ilja but Cesaro is too skilled and powerful as he starts to dominate Trent Seven with ease which forces a tag to Tyler Bate bringing him into the match!

The commentary team compares the insane strength of Tyler Bate to feats Cesaro can do and the Tyler is quick to show off as he scoops up Cesaro and slams him down to the mat with a SPINEBUSTER! A big strong boi chant starts up from the live crowd who get behind the insane show of strength from Tyler Bate who carries on tossing Cesaro around the ring like he is a child! Cesaro is forced back into the corner and makes the tag bringing in the Cruiserweight Champion Angel Garza!

The commentary team reminds us that Tyler Bate was the one who ended the NXT Cruiserweight title reign of Angel Garza in NXT and this could be a chance to get some payback. Angel Garza mocks Bate and soon gets a smack in the jaw to send him back. Garza doesn’t react well and goes on the attack with a variety of kicks sending Tyler Bate back and trying to bring him down to the mat. Bate fights away from him and he tags Pete Dunne back into the match!

Garza looks noticeably worried and Pete Dunne senses it with a rare smile on his face as he grabs the arm of Garza and looks to immediately twist the arm ready to go for the finger break… GARZA PUNCHES HIM OFF AND DESPERATELY SCRAMBLES TO THE CORNER TO TAG CESARO IN SLAPPING HIS CHEST! Garza rolls out of the ring and goes to talk to his valet Eva Marie who checks his hand whilst Cesaro shakes his head and looks to go after Pete Dunne as the match carries on.

The match has a lot of quick tags from both teams showing their experience as units but it is clear that British Strong Style is overall the smoother team whilst The Ungovernables have a few issues working with each other and don’t seem on the same page even with Zelina Vega’s instance. As we reach the closing stages Pete Dunne is in the ring with Ija Dragunov as the legal man but the match completely breaks down as Cesaro and Trent Seven brawl on one side of the ring whilst Tyler Bate fights with Angel Garza!

Cesaro and Trent battle into the stands but Cesaro picks him up and SWINGS HIM INTO THE BARRICADE whilst across the ring Angel Garza tries to leap off the ring apron but GETS POWERBOMBED TO THE FLOOR BY BATE! In the ring, Ilja has taken control of the match and charges in looking for TORPEDO MOSCOW… DUNNE AVOIDS IT AS ILJA CRASHES INTO THE RING POST! Ilja bounces back wincing in pain and Dunne pounces on it as he lifts him up and connects with the BITTER END! Dunne hooks to leg and Bate stops Cesaro from breaking the cover as British Strong Style picks up a huge win!

Winners via pinfall: British Strong Style (13:09)

Loud cheers from the live crowd as Cesaro falls just short of saving the match for his team. Trent takes a few seconds to recover but he joins his younger tag team partners as they all raise their arms into the air to celebrate the win. Cesaro checks on Ilja before having a few words with Angel but Zelina stops it from getting too far, leaving Eva Marie and Angel Garza to kiss each other. The commentary team put over all the gold in The Ungovernables being in danger as we see British Strong Style celebrating before cutting backstage to see DREW MCINTYRE on the way to the ring for the main event up next!

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, the commentary team hypes up the main event contract signing before confirming we will see Samoa Joe versus Jinder Mahal and Miz vs Erick Rowan on next week’s Raw before running down the main card for Armageddon:

WWE title match:
Drew McIntyre © vs Sheamus

Women’s Universal title match:
Shayna Baszler © vs Natalya

Intercontinental title match:
John Morrison © vs Xavier Woods

Cruiserweight title match:
Angel Garza © vs Pete Dunne

World tag team titles match:
The Ungovernables © vs Mustache Mountain

Number contender’s match for the WWE title at Summerslam:
Brock Lesnar vs Andrade Cien Almas

Number contender’s ladder match for the Cruiserweight title:
Mustafa Ali vs Dolph Ziggler vs Ricochet vs Oney Lorcan vs Kalisto vs Lio Rush

Grudge match:
Charlotte Flair vs Ronda Rousey

Grudge match:
Randy Orton vs Sami Zayn

The commentary team carries on hyping up the card before we cut to the ring and see WADE BARRETT standing in a suit with a microphone in his hand. The table behind him has a chair on either side and the contract in the middle as Wade speaks to the live crowd.

Wade Barrett:
Tonight’s Monday Night Raw has been action-packed and I intend to make sure as your commissioner to bring as much action to you whilst in charge of this brand!

A cheap pop but it gets the crowd excited.

Wade Barrett: And the main event at Armageddon should be just that! My close friends Drew McIntyre and Sheamus!

Loud cheers from the crowd as Barrett brings up his own history and friendship with both men from their times going up and down the UK.

Wade Barrett:
Let’s bring them out to sign the contract for this Sunday starting with the challenger!

A fairly decent pop from the fans as SHEAMUS stands at the top of the ramp and sticks his arms out shouting “FELLA” before heading down the entrance ramp towards the ring. He walks to the ring with a smile on his face as the commentary team mention even a few months ago Sheamus was talking about the possibility of having to retire from wrestling due to his back issues but now is one match away from being a 5-time World champion. He steps into the ring not only shaking hands with Barrett but hugging him as well before taking a seat at the table. Wade then turns back to the live crowd.

Wade Barrett: And now it is time for the WWE Champion!

A huge pop from the live crowd as DREW MCINTYRE walks out onto the entrance ramp slowly as he smiles and starts to head down the entrance ramp. The commentary team put over how much work Drew put in to get to this point and how much being a fighting champion means to him. He slowly climbs into the ring before also shaking the hand of Wade and hugging him. He then takes a seat at the table across from his friend Sheamus and places the WWE title in the middle of it as Wade takes a seat at the head of the table.

Wade Barrett:
Gentlemen, before I let you speak I want to say something myself to both of you.

Champion and challenger nod as Wade carries on speaking.

Wade Barrett:
A lot of people may not know this but around the time you two were fighting up and down the UK, I was as well.

Wade smiles slightly looking slightly smug.

Wade Barrett: And fighting you two, I knew how good you were even when I was beating the pair of you.

Both shake their heads and Sheamus quips that’s not how he remembers it off-mic.

Wade Barrett:
And I knew when we got here to WWE, we would win titles. We would take over.

Barrett points at himself.

Wade Barrett:
A lot talk about my potential and whilst I never won the World or WWE title, I became a five-time Intercontinental Champion and King of the Ring!

Wade Barrett and Miz being the constant about the mid-10’s IC title picture for a while.

Wade Barrett:
But you two have managed to eclipse me.

He turns to Sheamus first.

Wade Barrett:
There is very little you haven’t done Sheamus.

The Celtic Warrior proudly nods as Wade lists off his accolades.

Wade Barrett: WWE, World, United States, tag team champion. King of the Ring, Money in the Bank and Royal Rumble winner to boot as well.

A true Hall of Famer career already for Sheamus.

Wade Barrett: You only have two things you haven’t won: The Intercontinental title and the Universal title.

Wade turns to Drew next.

Wade Barrett:
But your rise is something to be proud of as well. You came to WWE as a young kid before you were ready and failed but even whilst failing you became a tag team champion and an Intercontinental champion.

Drew nods very accepting of his failures in the first run.

Wade Barrett:
But you got fired. You didn’t let that hold you back. No you fought your way back to this company tearing through the UK indy scene.

Drew smiles and Sheamus nods agreeing with Wade.

Wade Barrett: When you can back you then tore through NXT and became the champion before coming back to Raw!

Wade leans forward looking at Drew.

Wade Barrett: And you may have taken a detour winning the World tag team titles with Dolph Ziggler and messing about with Shane McMahon…

Drew off-mic quips we all make mistakes.

Wade Barrett: You went on to win the Royal Rumble and defeat Roman Reigns to win that title.

Drew looks at it proudly as the crowd cheers for their champion.

Wade Barrett:
Both of you have done the British wrestling scene proud and inspired the next generation like British Strong Style, Noam Dar, Grizzled Young Veterans. I could go on and name the entire NXT UK roster!

A rare mention of the British brand on the main product as the commentary team hypes up NXT UK.

Wade Barrett: Now I know you two have been dreaming of this match for years and for the chance to fight for the WWE title so I’m going to let you speak before signing the contract.

Both men nod and get loud cheers from the live crowd.

Wade Barrett: We will start with the challenger Sheamus.

The Celtic Warrior nods and grabs the microphone on the table as he looks directly at his friend and commissioner first.

Sheamus: Wade, are you trying to make me emotional fella?

Wade smiles and laughs slightly before Sheamus turns to his other friend and the WWE Champion.

Sheamus: Drew, this is what we fought our whole career for. Sunday night you and me in this ring fighting like the warriors we are.

Drew smiles and nods.

Sheamus: But remember fella, I know the pressure that comes with that title.

He points directly at the WWE title as Drew nods acknowledging his friend’s words.

Sheamus: I’ve been in your shoes myself and I’ve done good things but I also did things I’ll regret to stay champion because that title means so much to everyone.

Sheamus gives a slight smile.

Sheamus: And I wonder if you will do the same.

Drew looks a bit puzzled by that comment and a few of the crowd boo Sheamus. Sheamus puts his hands up.

Sheamus: I don’t think you will but better men than us have and I want this Sunday to be about the best fighter winning!

Sheamus puts down the microphone and signs the contract before turning it towards Drew. The champion takes a moment to think about his words next before lifting his microphone and responding to Sheamus.

Drew McIntyre:
Sheamus, you have known me for many years and whilst I’ve done things I shouldn’t be proud of, I’m an honorable man.

Sheamus nods agreeing with that statement.

Drew McIntyre: I fought with everything I had to get back here and get this title from Roman Reigns.

He grabs his WWE title with Sheamus keeping his eyes on it.

Drew McIntyre: And I will keep working hard to be the best champion ever!

A strong goal from Drew who gets to his feet.

Drew McIntyre: So you if you want this back, you better give a harder fight than given anyone else.

He points at Sheamus who gets to his feet across from Drew.

Drew McIntyre: I want your best. Nothing less.

Sheamus quips back “Same to you Fella”. Drew nods and looks down as he signs the contract making the match official! Wade takes his microphone as Drew and Sheamus stand across from each other with a smile on both their face but pure determination.

Wade Barrett: And we have it official! Our main event for Armageddon: Drew McIntyre vs Sheamus for the WWE title!

The promo comes to an end with loud cheers from the live crowd and we close Raw with Drew McIntyre and Sheamus face to face shaking hands with one another. Two friends will go to war this Sunday as we fade to black!

Matches confirmed for next week:

Singles match:
The Miz vs Erick Rowan

Singles match:
Samoa Joe vs Jinder Mahal

Matchcard for Armageddon:

Kansas City, Missouri
July 5th

WWE title match:

Grudge match:

Grudge match:
Randy Orton vs Sami Zayn

Pre-show - Tag team match:
Team Kick vs Franky Monet and Dana Brooke

Breezango vs Noam Dar and ???

Matchcard for Summerslam:

Toronto, Canada
August 23rd

WWE title match:

Drew McIntyre or Sheamus © vs Brock Lesnar or Andrade Cien Almas

Universal title match:

Aleister Black © or Buddy Murphy vs Winner of the Elimination Chamber

EWR Rating:

65%

Tg11

Reaction score
- That contract signing between Sheamus and the WWE Champion Drew McIntyre for their match for the WWE Championship at Armageddon went better than I expected. I was surprised that it didn't turn into both of them beating the holy crap out of each other but I think this ends in 1 way. It ends in Sheamus turning heel on his best friend Drew McIntyre. Why? Because of the fact Sheamus could deep down be jealous of Drew in terms of his popularity not just with management because he's been chosen as the face of the company whilst Sheamus has had to scratch and claw when he shouldn't. He could be jealous that the fans love Drew more than him because just look at their crowd reactions. Tells you everything you need to know right there. But also Sheamus deep down can feel that he's better than Drew.

- Well here is hoping Mr Money in the Bank Big E is in Xavier Woods' corner at Armageddon once John Morrison defends that WWE Intercontinental Championship against Woods because well you know Morrison is going to have his wife Franky Monet and his bodyguard Rowan in his corner...Big E is a great equalizer

- Sami Zayn vs Randy Orton is just getting more and more personal and I love this rivalry but this rivalry is going to have to come to a head at Armageddon and once it does, I see that rivalry continuing into SummerSlam

- I definitely can see a 8 Woman Tag Team Match with the MMA Horsewomen taking on Natalya, Charlotte Flair, Lita and Trish

- But Shayna Baszler is most likely going to have to do double duty defending her WWE Women's Tag Team Championship with Ronda Rousey

- But I definitely can't wait for Shayna Baszler to defend that RAW Women's Championship against Natalya

Tg11

Reaction score
More or less it was the go home episode before Armageddon but lookin forward to giving my predictions for Armageddon but on the RAW side of things we are more or less heading towards SummerSlam which is what I'm waiting for

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Deco90

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
So, I've been following as always with the thread and trying to read as much as I can - I'm enjoying what you're doing man so keep the shows coming! Going to just drop some thoughts and feelings;

- So, I've really enjoyed the exposure for the Cruiserweights and I can't wait for the Cruiserweight Ladder Match to come at the Pay-Per-View! Having qualifying matches has been a nice touch and the men involved has me excited for an absolute BANGER! I've noticed you're really good at once you have an idea, or like a plan you want to go with - you're good at showcasing it. Like the Queen of the Ring, now with the Cruiserweights etc. Really good man!

- I've really been enjoying the direction you've gone with Wyatt and the history with Hanson & Rowe. Always felt that would come back around and Wyatt has certainly made his mark.

- So because of how good it's been IRL, I'm really intrigued to see how you handle Roman Reigns going forward. I'm kinda' hoping that we can spin back and see this Roman get revenge on Drew from chucking him off the top of the cell in the future long-term but right now, Roman is going to be my pick to win the Elimination Chamber! I think we'll see Reigns win it with maybe some help from his Bloodline. The promo was intriguing on Smackdown too, it was almost like he was a god-like complex and if that continues it could be a very interesting spin on the 'Tribal Chief' that's for sure.

- As I was saying before, the women's roster is another thing you've showcased well too. So many different feuds and characters that's being used and it's great to see. I mean without reading the BTB if you seen Ember Moon main eventing with Tay Conti you'd likely be thinking huh?! But with how Ember has been as Champ and with Tay being that underdog and surviving her own battles and shining in the Queen of the Ring Tournament it made sense. Shayna is another one that's been used well along with the horsewoman who have been present throughout the BTB.

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head, Roy. Enjoying the ride man! Well done :) I'll likely leave a full review for Armageddon!

• Love

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Smackdown Live
July 3rd 2020
Boulder, Colorado

Coors Event Center

The opening video for the start of Smackdown comes to an end and we cut to the commentary team of Corey Graves and Byron Saxton at ringside. The commentary team hypes up the show and runs down the card for tonight’s show:

• Bianca Bel-Air makes her debut against Carmella
  • WWE tag team titles match: Heavy Machinery defending against Good Brothers
  • Aleister Black in action against Cedric Alexander
  • “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt takes on Hanson of The War Raiders
  • And in the main event, we get one of two Elimination Chamber qualifying matches as Edge takes on Karrion Kross

The commentary team confirms we are starting the show with the first of the Elimination Chamber qualifying matches as Roman Reigns takes on…

MATT RIDDLE walks out onto the stage getting a decent pop from the live crowd. Matt plays to the crowd and even kicks his flip flops to the fans giving them a nice gift for Ebay. The commentary team put over the skills of Matt Riddle and mentions how close he came to being a singles champion in NXT. They put over his striking skills and UFC experience also mentioning he came close to being in the title match at the Great American Bash in the battle royal two weeks ago. He stands in the ring barefoot as he waits for the final boss…

ROMAN REIGNS to slowly walk out onto the entrance ramp! Nuclear heat for the Head of the table as he slowly walks down the ramp not taking his eyes off Riddle in the ring. The commentary team comments on the status of Roman and says he is cleared to compete but not 100% after being tossed off Hell in a Cell six weeks ago. They talk about Roman though being desperate to take back his spot at the head of the table and run Smackdown as he did for nearly 8 months as WWE Champion. Roman stands across from the smiling Matt Riddle and looks disgusted. The referee then calls for the bell to get this match underway.

Match 1: Elimination Chamber qualifying match: Roman Reigns vs Matt Riddle

Match summary:
Roman takes his time and snarls whilst Matt has a smirk on his face still which further pisses the Head of the table off. They lock up in the early stages and Matt takes control of the lock up shocking Roman! He heads to the corner and looks pissed off to have been shown up whilst Riddle is all grins and very relaxed. Roman loses his cool at this point and charges in as RIDDLE CATCHES HIM BY SURPRISE WITH THE FINAL FLASH! A jumping knee strike to the head and Riddle makes the cover

ROMAN KICKS OUT!

Matt Riddle was very close to pulling off a massive upset and Roman knows it rolling to the outside of the ring! Roman kicks the steel steps before taking a moment to calm down whilst Riddle relaxes in the ring looking very chill. The commentary team wonders if this is a mistake and maybe Matt should be keeping the pressure up. Roman eventually rolls back into the ring and MATT GOES FOR ANOTHER KNEE… BUT ROMAN IS READY AND AVOIDS IT BEFORE SLAMMING MATT DOWN TO THE MAT!

Roman now takes back control cutting off Riddle and slowly grinding him down on the mat, clearly putting extra force into his holds furious at nearly being put away early on in the match. Roman also makes sure to toss Riddle around the ring and slams him down with force. Roman even walks around the ring trash-talking Riddle and asking if he is smiling now which prompts Riddle to clock him in the jaw as we move to the middle of the match with both men trading strikes in the middle of the ring!

Both men are evenly matched at first but the superior UFC experience of Matt Riddle wins out and he starts laying into Roman sending him back to the corner before targeting the mid-section of Roman! Commentary mentions that Roman might be cleared but his ribs that were broken in the fall from the cell might still be in pain. Matt gets him in the corner and fires on him. He breaks upon 3 and smiles as he looks at Roman making a quip towards the head of the table about letting him down bro and ROMAN SPITS IN HIS FACE!

Matt wipes the spit off his face and looks furious with what Roman just did! For the first time since coming to Smackdown, we see anger on the face of Riddle WHO BATTERS ROMAN WITH KICK AFTER KICK IN THE CORNER! He has to be warned by the referee about his actions and even dragged away with Roman falling over in the corner, clutching his midsection! Riddle is far from done though as he hoists Roman out of the corner and SLAMS HIM DOWN BEFORE SITTING ON TOP OF HIM REIGNING DOWN PUNCHES TO THE HEAD!

He lays into the Chief with a flurry of punches and Roman doesn’t reply with Riddle then transitioning into the BROMISSION! He wraps his arms around the neck of Roman and tries to choke the life out of Roman as the crowd gets massively behind him willing him on… BUT ROMAN ROLLS OVER DESPERATELY GRABBING THE BOTTOM ROPE! Cheers from the crowd and Riddle due to his anger hold onto the hold until the count of 4 before finally releasing the hold!

Riddle gets to his feet and gets into it with the referee clearly heated as he gets in his face arguing about having to break the hold. The referee tells Riddle he needs to cool down as Roman on the mat pulls the BRASS KNUCKLES OUT OF HIS TRUNKS AND SLIPS THEM ONTO HIS FIST! He slowly gets back to his feet and looks to fly at Riddle BUT HE IS READY FOR IT AND COUNTERS IN MID-AIR INTO AN ARMBAR! The referee also sees the brass knuckles and pulls them off the fist tossing them away to loud cheers from the crowd!

Roman is trapped in the lethal hold as Matt wrenches back on the hold and tries to break Roman's right arm! Roman though grits his teeth and pushes through the pain as he slowly powers Riddle up and ONE-ARM POWERBOMBS HIM ONTO THE MAT! Roman has to roll to the corner and clutches his right arm as he looks at Riddle furious the recent NXT call-up is pushing him so hard! He gets to the corner and lines up Riddle waiting for him to rise before HITTING THE SUPERMAN PUNCH!

Riddle falls to the mat and Roman makes the cover 1 2 Riddle kicks out! Roman looks angry and hoists Riddle off the mat looking to lock him in the GULLITONE CHOKE BUT RIDDLE FIGHTS OUT OF IT! He lays into Roman with a series of blows until Roman stumbles back! Riddle looks to lift Roman up onto his shoulders for BRO TO SLEEP… BUT ROMAN SLIPS OUT OF IT PUSHING RIDDLE INTO THE ROPES AND CATCHING HIM AS HE BOUNCES BACK WITH A SPEAR! Roman makes the cover 1 2 3 Roman survives Matt Riddle and enters the Elimination Chamber!

Winner via pinfall: Roman Reigns (16:35)

Loud boos from the crowd as Roman rolls away from Matt Riddle and lifts his arms into the air celebrating the victory tonight but it wasn’t easy. He sells the impact the match took on him as the commentary team put over Roman and wonders if he has to be the favorite to go to Summerslam to fight either Aleister Black or Buddy Murphy for the Universal title. Matt Riddle struggles to his feet as Roman looks at him and SPEARS HIM AGAIN! Massive heat from the crowd as Roman looks angry this man dared run him close and now he will make him pay! He bends over Riddle and reigns down blow after blow trying to end Riddle. He then scoops him off the mat getting in position for the GULLITONE CHOKE as he looks to choke the life out of Riddle until…

KEVIN OWENS sprints out onto the top of the entrance ramp and points at Roman in the ring with anger in his eyes! Roman lets go of the hold and immediately gets into it with Kevin Owens as the two men trade punches, neither man wanting to give an inch but after a 15-minute plus match with Matt Riddle, Kevin Owens hits Roman with a STUNNER sending him out of the ring and to the floor!

Roman at this point lays down and out as Kevin Owens turns to Matt Riddle as he checks on the ultimate bro who nods he is OK. Roman meanwhile thinks better of fighting both men right now and instead retreats to the back. The commentary team reminds us that Kevin Owens hasn’t forgotten what Roman caused to happen to his best friends and now he is back on Smackdown, he will be going for the Head of the table! The commentary team then confirms we will hear from Lita and Trish Stratus after their appearance on Raw next!

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see SHAWN MICHAELS in his office looking confused by his laptop. As he tries to work out how to use it, the door opens and we see DANIEL BRYAN walk into the room.

Shawn Michaels:
Daniel, I’m glad you are in here. Take a seat.

Daniel shakes his head but does smile.

Daniel Bryan: Sorry Shawn but I’d rather get down to business. Who am I fighting to get into the chamber?

Shawn smirks enjoying the fire from his former student.

Shawn Michaels: What I want to hear from you. I don’t want the planet’s champion. I want former WWE Champion, Daniel Bryan.

Bryan takes a moment but doesn’t smile.

Daniel Bryan:
Careful Shawn. I remember you screwing me out of that title before.

Shawn puts his hands up.

Shawn Michaels: Hunter and I are different people now.

Daniel Bryan:
I’m sure.

Very sarcastic response from Bryan but Shawn looks to get things back on a positive note.

Shawn Michaels:
Let’s get down to business. Now when thinking about who you fight to get into the chamber I wanted to give you a challenge.

Daniel Bryan:
Good. I want to fight and beat the best.

Shawn Michaels: In that case, you will be happy because on Smackdown next week you will take on Dominik Dijakovic!

Cheers from the crowd excited to see the two men collide. Bryan smiles and nods liking the opponent.

Daniel Bryan:
Good choice.

Bryan turns to leave but turns to the commissioner before leaving the room.

Daniel Bryan: It’s about time I was a world champion again wasn’t it Shawn?

A lot of confidence on the face of Daniel Bryan who leaves and Shawn can’t help but smile as we cut back to the ringside area as…

*TIME TO ROCK AND ROLL*

TRISH STRATUS makes her way out onto the stage getting loud cheers from the live crowd as she waits on the entrance ramp before being joined by fellow legend…

LITA joins Trish on the entrance ramp getting an equally loud pop from the live crowd before they head down the entrance ramp, slapping hands with the live crowd. The commentary team brings up Lita and Trist Stratus's shock appearance on Monday Night Raw stopping the MMA Horsewomen from laying out Charlotte Flair and Natalya. The legends are now standing in the ring ready to speak to the live crowd.

Trish Stratus: Colorado! It feels good to be back in front of you people once again!

Cheap pop but it is loud.

Lita: And we are here because we want to speak to the tag team champions face-to-face in this ring!

Cheers from the crowd who want to see them and the tag team champions face to face in the ring.

Trish Stratus:
We know you are back there and when you have been around as long as us…

Lita: You don’t wait around! So get your asses out here!

Loud cheers from the crowd who can get behind seeing some action and they don’t have to wait too long as…

THE MMA HORSEWOMEN walk out onto the entrance ramp! RONDA ROUSEY and SHAYNA BASZLER stand in the middle of the group. Ronda and Shayna have their WWE Women’s tag team titles on their left shoulders whilst Shayna has the Women’s Universal title on her right shoulder. JESSAYMN DUKE and MARINA SHAFIR stand on either side of the duo as they all walk to the ring together. Once inside the ring, we see Ronda and Shayna walk up to the legends coming face to face with them whilst Duke and Shafir get their leaders a pair of microphones. There is a stare-down between the two groups as Ronda then looks to speak first.

Ronda Rousey:
People say never meet your heroes.

She looks at Shayna smirking.

Ronda Rousey: But these two were never our heroes like the women in the back.

Boos from the crowd as Trish places a hand on her chest faking being devasted.

Trish Stratus: I’m so hurt Ronda. Can you believe it, Lita?

Lita shakes her head.

Lita: We were going to sign your belts and everything!

The sarcasm is dripping from that statement as Ronda glares at Lita.

Ronda Rousey: Listen if anyone should be signing belts it’s me because I’m a legit star. Not just a wrestling star like you two.

Boos from the crowd but Ronda looks at them with disgust as Shayna carries on.

Shayna Baszler: You two made a big mistake stopping us on Raw.

Lita says “Oh yeah” off-mic but Shayna doesn’t stop.

Shayna Baszler: See before, our title match at Great American Bash we have no reason to hurt you.

Ronda Rousey: I mean beating you was on our minds but it would have been nothing personal.

Shayna Baszler:
But you got involved in our business.

Ronda Rousey: Anyone who sides with Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Bayley or Sasha Banks is our enemy.

A big statement made as Trish steps forward.

Trish Stratus: Well in that case…

Lita and Trish stick up their hands showing off the 4 Horsewomen signal getting cheers from the crowd and further pissing off the champs.

Lita: I guess we are not your enemies.

Trish steps forward and the tension is clear between the two teams.

Trish Stratus: They stepped forward and carried on the work to take this division to the main event of Wrestlemania…

Ronda Rousey: I took them there!

Ronda cuts off the legend and gets in her face as Shayna speaks.

Shayna Baszler:
Without my best friend here, none of those girls make it to the main event of Wrestlemania!

Ronda Rousey: You certainly didn’t get there!

Lita shakes her head but Trish now gets in Ronda’s face.

Trish Stratus: Maybe we didn’t but we paved the road you walk on now and it’s time you showed respect to not just us but the entire locker room.

Duke and Shafir smirk at that line promoting Lita and Trish to lock eyes with the goons.

Lita: I mean if you two think that is funny, why don’t we show you two firsthand why we deserve respect?

Duke and Shafir look a little unsure but Ronda soon answers for them.

Ronda Rousey: You want to be put in your place before the Bash? Done.

Shayna Baszler: Because a true star always gets what they want.

The champions drop their microphones and leave the ring as they head up the ramp but Trish and Lita head to the ropes looking to get their attention before they go.

Trish Stratus: Well in that case we will see you on Monday Night Raw!

They look confused but Lita chimes.

Lita: Remember a true star gets to do what they want and we can go to whichever brand we want!

The duo drops their microphones and we soon get confirmation, Trish Stratus and Lita vs Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir will take place on Monday Night Raw per the word of Shawn Michaels after confirming with fellow commissioner Wade Barrett! The commentary team says the clash of egos is monumental and the MMA Horsewomen’s attempt to dominate both brands is making them a ton of enemies in WWE. We then see Bianca Belair walking to the ring and the commentary team confirms we will see her debut match-up next!

Ad break
*FABULOUS*

Cheers from the live crowd as we return from the commercial break and CARMELLA makes her way out. She poses for the crowd even doing a small moonwalk for the fans with LIV MORGAN joining her friend as she high-fives her and wishes her luck before heading backstage. The commentary team mentions she wants to do this alone and prove a point to the cocky newcomer. Carmella waits in the ring but before long we see…

BIANCA BELAIR makes her way out onto the entrance ramp! She hops out onto the entrance ramp and her recent cocky video packages lead to the crowd booing her. Bianca doesn’t care and skips down the entrance ramp ready for action. The commentary team reminds us Belair is a former NXT Women’s champion and is seen by many as a future Women’s Champion! She steps into the ring and is still very dismissive of Carmella as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway!

Match 2: Bianca Belair vs Carmella

Match summary: Belair spends the opening stages taunting Carmella and being very dismissive which earns a slap from her! That slap soon wakes up Belair who overpowers Carmella and starts tossing her around the ring with ease due to her superior power! She tosses Carmella around and even whilst showing off, it is clear Belair is a step above the Princess from Staten Island! In the end, Carmella tries to make a comeback but Bianca Belair hoists her onto her shoulders and connects with the K.O.D for the win!

Winner via pinfall: Bianca Bel-Air (5:43)

Boos from the live crowd as Belair gets to her feet and loudly boasts about her victory tonight. The referee raises her hand in the air as the commentary team puts over her debut performance on Smackdown Live. They mention the potential she has but as they carry on talking Belair sees Carmella crawling on the mat and grabbing her hair WHIPPING CARMELLA WITH IT! Loud boos from the crowd as Belair doesn’t stop there and WHIPS CARMELLA SEVERAL TIMES UNTIL…

LIV MORGAN SPRINTS OUT WITH A KENDO STICK IN HAND! She goes right after Belair who reacts quickly and leaves the ring smirking! Liv smashes the stick on the mat and dares her to come back but Belair shakes her head carrying on up the entrance ramp. Morgan looks annoyed but goes back to Carmella and checks on her friend as we cut elsewhere backstage to a locker room as we can see…

THE USOS and NAOMI hanging out backstage! We can see them looking very chilled out in the locker room but that peace is soon disturbed when the door slams open and ROMAN REIGNS WALKS IN! He marches over to both The Usos and gets right in Jey’s face not happy!

Roman Reigns: Where were you?

Jey looks confused as Jimmy lingers in the background very confused but Naomi keeps him back.

Jey Uso: What do you mean were we?

Roman Reigns:
I was getting attacked by Kevin Owens and where was my family to back me up?

Jimmy steps forward but Naomi once again pulls him back and shakes her head.

Jey Uso: You need us to hold your hands? You started the beef with Kevin. That’s your fight, not ours.

Naomi steps forward.

Naomi:
Last I checked this was a family.

Jey Uso: I wasn’t asking you, I was asking my brother.

Jimmy Uso:
Listen I get that Roman got himself into this but maybe we should have his back like he has ours?

Jey shakes his head.

Jey Uso: Oh does he? Or does he want us to basically do his bidding?

Roman steps forward.

Roman Reigns: Everything I do as head of the table is for you and your family!

He points at Jey getting his finger right in his face as Jey looks furious at how he is being spoken to.

Roman Reigns: So I expect loyalty in return and I shouldn’t even have to ask.

Jimmy nods but Jey shakes his head.

Jey Uso: I’m nobody’s bitch so don’t treat me like one!

Jey shoulder-checks Roman as he leaves getting a glare from Roman who steps forward but Jimmy stops him keeping his cousin calm. Roman snatches his arm away and shakes his head.

Jimmy Uso: Listen, Jey has always been a little hot-headed. I’ll go talk to him.

Jimmy leaves the room and Naomi walks over to Roman looking to calm him down as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we cut to the commentary team first who speculate on the family drama between Roman and The Usos. They wonder if Roman would take that disrespect from anyone else but also if The Usos would do the same themselves.

Boos from the live crowd as THE GOOD BROTHERS make their way out onto the entrance ramp. They too sweet each other before marching to the ring, full of confidence as they look to become 3-time tag team champions tonight. The commentary team reminds us that AJ is still on a self-imposed hiatus but will most likely be watching this match closely and rooting for his close friends. KARL ANDERSON and LUKE GALLOWS stand in the ring mean-mugging the fans as…

HEAVY MACHINERY walks out onto the entrance ramp and clinks their tag team titles together. OTIS DOZOVIC slaps hands with a few of the fans in the front few rows whilst TUCKER KNIGHT remains more focused on the task in hand. The commentary team mentions not a lot of people expected Heavy Machinery to stun The Revival and drive them out of WWE but they are proving themselves as tag team champions. They climb into the ring and after some discussion, Tucker Knight starts for the champions whilst Karl Anderson starts for the challengers. Karl makes sure to remind them both that he eliminated them from the battle royal a few weeks ago but they ignore him as the referee calls for the bell to get the match underway!

Match 3: WWE tag team titles match: Heavy Machinery © vs The Good Brothers

Match summary: The power of Heavy Machinery soon proves to be a problem for the Good Brothers who are not used to being overpowered by their opponents and are on the back foot during this match. The Good Brothers try to use their tag team experience to outsmart and divide the champions but they are ready for it as well. In the end, they hit Luke Gallows with THE TRASH COMPACTOR! Tucker Knight takes care of Karl Anderson whilst Otis Dozovic makes the cover and Heavy Machinery once again retain their tag team titles!

Winners via pinfall and still WWE tag team champions: Heavy Machinery (6:13)

A decent pop from the live crowd as Heavy Machinery join each other in the center of the ring and lift their tag team titles into the air! The commentary team put over how big a win over a veteran team like Good Brothers is. The Good Brothers start to head up the entrance ramp and lick their wounds when suddenly…

THE AUTHORS OF PAIN run down the entrance ramp and take out the Good Brothers! Boos from the crowd as the Church of Seth Rollins enforcers lay waste to the Good Brothers outside the ring and SLAMS THEM DOWN ON THE ENTRANCE RAMP! Heavy Machinery take a moment in the ring to decide what they are going to do before leaving their tag team titles in the ring and sliding outside to brawl with The Authors of Pain! The two hoss teams trade blows on the entrance ramp and seem evenly matched but soon the Authors of Pain win out and start to lay into Heavy Machinery.

The commentary team reminds us Heavy Machinery has gone through a tough match with the Good Brothers! In the end, The Authors of Pain show off their strength lifting both members of Heavy Machinery up into the air and connecting with the SUPER COLLIDER! The champions and challengers have been laid out by the Authors of Pain who have sent a clear message to the entire Smackdown tag team division by doing this brutal attack as we cut elsewhere backstage to see…

KAYLA BRAXTON standing ready for an interview backstage!

Kayla Braxton: It has been an action-packed night so far on Smackdown but right now I have with me the person who came up just short in trying to win the WWE Women’s title: Taynara Conti!

TAYNARA CONTI and XIA LI walk into the shot with Conti looking slightly down as Xia puts her hand on her friend’s shoulder.

Kayla Braxton: Last week Conti you pushed Ember to the limit but came up just short in your quest to become WWE Women’s Champion. How do you plan on bouncing back?

Conti takes a moment pausing for thought before answering.

Taynara Conti: I will keep on fighting to earn another opportunity. Last week was my first WWE Women’s title shot but it won’t be my last I promise you.

Kayla looks to carry on her interview but is interrupted by THE RIOTT SQUAD! RUBY RIOTT has a smug on her face whilst SARAH LOGAN hovers behind her with a bit of a twisted smile on her face.

Ruby Riott: I mean you didn’t really deserve the title shot in the first place Tay.

Conti looks unimpressed with that line as Ruby steps forward.

Ruby Riott: But being blonde and pretty I’m sure you’ll get another chance soon enough.

Wow, harsh shots fired by Ruby and Conti steps forward getting right in Ruby’s face.

Taynara Conti: What is your problem? I worked hard to get my title shots and unlike you when I lose, I don’t complain about it for everyone to hear!

Ruby doesn’t like that line but it is Logan who steps forward.

Sarah Logan: You better watch your mouth girl or…

Xia Li now steps in between them glaring right at Logan.

Xia Li: I do not stand for disrespect. Me. You. Next week.

Logan and Xia Li stare each other down before Logan nods.

Sarah Logan: Alright girl, I’ll see you next week. And then after I put you in your place, your girl is next!

The Riott Squad walks off bringing the interview to an end as we cut back to the commentary team who confirms Sarah Logan vs Xia Li on next week’s show per commissioner Shawn Michaels. As they are talking, we see ALEISTER BLACK walking down the hallway on the way to the ring as the commentary team confirms we will see him in action next!

Ad break
*WON’T LET GO (REMIX)*

We return from the commercial break as CEDRIC ALEXANDER is making his way out to the ring and he is joined by his tag team partner/bodyguard DIO MADDIN! Cedric makes sure to insult the crowd and hypes himself up whilst Dio remains stoic behind him. The commentary team put over how big an opportunity this is for Cedric and if he can win tonight, he might get a future Universal title shot or even get added to the Universal title match at the Great American Bash! Cedric stands in the ring and jogs on the spot as he waits for his opponent...

ALEISTER BLACK! A loud pop as the Universal Champion makes his signature entrance and slowly rises from the depths of the arena. He takes a moment to stand at the top of the ramp and looks at the fans before walking down the entrance ramp to the ring. The commentary team talks about Aleister Black refusing to acknowledge Buddy Murphy like his challenger wants and it is clearly getting to them. Corey especially wonders if pissing off his challenger is a good idea but for now, Black steps into the ring across from Cedric Alexander as the referee calls for the bell to start this match off!

Match 4: Aleister Black vs Cedric Alexander w/Dio Maddin

Match summary:
Cedric starts the match off by mouthing off at the Universal Champion and Dutch Destroyer. Black remains stoic and calm as the match carries on. Cedric soon fights out his mouth can get him into trouble as rushing in ends badly for him and Black lays into him with a series of kicks and strikes sending him outside. He talks to his bodyguard and partner but Black dives off the top rope wiping both men out before bringing Cedric back into the ring.

Black swings for BLACK MASS early but Cedric avoids it and takes out the standing leg of Black! Cedric tries to take advantage of the opening as he uses his pace to overwhelm Black but there is only so long he can fire off before the champion takes back control, as he starts cutting off Cedric and even locks him in the DRAGON SLAYER! Cedric is in a ton of pain trapped in the lethal hold but credit to him, he uses all of his strength to break free and get to the ropes forcing a break as we head toward the closing stages.

Cedric gets desperate and goes even higher risk as he tries to find any way possible to take down Aleister Black but he struggles to keep up with the Dutch Destroyer who finds another gear to match Cedric. Dio tries to get on the apron but he gets a BLACK MASS sending him to the floor. Cedric tries to pounce and get Black up for the LUMBAR CHECK… BUT BLACK TURNS IT INTO A MID-AIR DOUBLE-FOOT STOMP! Black rolls to his feet and waits for Cedric to stumble up… BLACK MASS! Aleister Black makes the cover and picks up the win!

Winner via pinfall: Aleister Black (10:35)

A loud pop from the live crowd as the Universal Champion carries on the tear he has been on as of late and takes a moment to sit in the ring cross-legged. Cedric meanwhile rolls out of the ring and rubs his jaw, taking Dio Maddin with him as they head back up the entrance ramp with their tail between their legs. The commentary team then tells us it looks like Aleister wants to say something as a microphone is slid into the ring and the Dutch Destroyer speaks.

Aleister Black: In three weeks…

Black looks to carry on but from the crowd, BUDDY MURPHY RUNS INTO THE RING AND HITS A V-TRIGGER TO THE BACK OF HIS HEAD! A brutal knee strike to the head as Buddy doesn’t stop there and lays into Black with a series of punches to the head! Boos from the crowd as Buddy gets to his feet and grabs Black sending him into the ring post with a hard thud! Black falls back and stumbles into Buddy who sends him down to the mat with MURPHY’S LAW!

Boos from the crowd as Buddy looks at Black but shakes his head, clearly not done! He rolls out of the ring and heads to the timekeeper’s area grabbing a STEEL CHAIR! Buddy slides back into the ring and stands above Black taking a moment before WAILING ON HIM WITH STEEL CHAIR! He gets off about 10 shots before tossing the chair to the side as he has left the Universal Champion laid out in the middle of the ring. Murphy then grabs the microphone on the mat and bends down next to him.

Buddy Murphy: Do I have your attention now?

Buddy then tosses the microphone onto the fallen Aleister Black and leaves the ring, soaking in the heat from the live crowd. As he heads up the entrance ramp, the commentary team puts over Buddy not wanting to be ignored any longer but is provoking Aleister Black a good idea? In the ring, the Dutch Destroyer starts to recover as Buddy leaves backstage and looks furious as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

*THE RISING*

When we return from the commercial break, there are loud boos from the crowd as THE CHRUCH OF SETH ROLLINS walks onto the stage. THE AUTHORS OF PAIN stand on either side of AIDEN ENGLISH as they turn to the side and wait for their leader…

SETH ROLLINS! The boos get even leader as the self-proclaimed Smackdown Saviour walks onto the entrance ramp and sticks his arms out beckoning for his followers to head to the ring with him. The commentary team put over what Seth has accomplished in the past but his new attitude is not something even Corey approves of with Seth taking out superstars left and right. Aiden English gets their leader a microphone as they stand behind their visionary as he looks to the fans with a slight smirk.

Seth Rollins:
You people can boo all you like but I no longer serve you. I serve a greater purpose!

This of course pisses off the crowd who get even louder in their boos.

Seth Rollins: I am here to save the careers of the men willing to follow my guidance.

He turns to Aiden English first who smiles and bows before his leader.

Seth Rollins: This man could not buy a win before me. Now under my guidance, he is rebuilding his career and winning matches again.

Aiden leans over the microphone.

Aiden English: Thank you, Seth.

Boos from the crowd as Aiden bows before his leader who smiles before turning to The Authors of Pain.

Seth Rollins: And you two, you lost that fire. The fight and willingness to hurt everyone had gone. You were broken.

Akam and Rezar remain stoic.

Seth Rollins: But I have found your new direction, new destruction…

That brings a smile to the pair's faces.

Seth Rollins:
And a new purpose. The WWE Tag Team titles.

So we now have the reason for the attack earlier tonight. Seth turns back to the camera.

Seth Rollins: And The Authors of Pain want a tag team titles match at the Great American Bash.

Challenge issued for the PPV to the champs!

Seth Rollins: Because the Great American Bash will be a true celebration of my words.

He sticks his arms out and soaks in the boos from the live crowd.

Seth Rollins:
You people can hate it but more are seeing the light and very soon I will have another disciple in my Church!

A sinister grin appears on the Visionary’s face.

Seth Rollins: See I’m fighting Jeff Hardy next week for a spot in the Elimination Chamber!

A big match for next week’s show is confirmed by Seth Rollins!

Seth Rollins: But I have an offer to you, Jeff. I want to save you from the danger you bring to yourself!

Loud boos from the crowd who are big fans of the legend.

Seth Rollins: Let me help you Jeff and just lie down next week!

The crowd booing gets even louder as Seth shakes his head and looks to carry on speaking until…

JEFF HARDY makes their way out! He has a microphone in one hand and a steel chair in the other as he points towards Seth in the ring clearly not happy.

Jeff Hardy:
Seth if you think I will ever lay down for anyone you are more deluded than I thought!

Loud cheers from the crowd as Seth looks angry. Weirdly we can see one fan in the crowd booing Jeff though.

Jeff Hardy:
I have just gone through hell in fighting the Fiend, hell I went through hell in my personal life but I will never be low enough to need you!

He points at Seth who isn’t taking this well but the legend carries on.

Jeff Hardy: Do you know the best way to deal with hard times? You fight through them!

Loud cheers from the crowd for the impassioned speech by Jeff but he isn’t finished.

Jeff Hardy: Next week, I will beat you Seth and I’ll step into Summerslam the number one contender for the Universal title.

Seth smirks now shaking his head but Jeff picks up on that.

Jeff Hardy:
I’ve known people like you. These men will help you cause you can’t get the job done yourself.

A wide smirk appears on the face of Seth who looks behind him as his disciples nod before Seth turns back to Jeff.

Seth Rollins: I will fight you all by myself Jeff.

A sinister smirk appears on Seth’s face and Jeff is clearly not trusting of that.

Jeff Hardy:
How do I know I can trust you?

Seth does his annoying laugh before responding.

Seth Rollins: You have to trust me.

He leans forward on the ropes looking directly at Jeff.

Seth Rollins:
I wouldn’t be a good savior if I can’t get the job done.

Jeff shakes his head not buying it but suddenly there is a commotion behind him as a man in a hoodie and with a V for Vendetta-like facemask stands behind him! Seth has a sinister smile.

Seth Rollins: But Jeff, remember I have new followers appearing everywhere and they won’t be at ringside next week but they are here now!

THE MAN IN THE MASK CLOCKS JEFF IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD WITH A FOREARM! Jeff falls down as the masked man lays into him with a series of boots to the head before hitting a superkick to the head! Jeff falls to the floor down and out as the mystery man bends down in front of Jeff before looking at Seth and heading to the ring. He hugs Seth and Seth embraces him before the mystery man turns around taking the mask off:

1682161596815.png

Now obviously this gets very little reaction from the live crowd as they have no idea who this man is (and it’s before he debuted in AEW irrc) as he stands in front of Seth with the Smackdown Saviour cackling like a madman. Corey Graves on commentary informs us this is NATHAN FRAZER and someone personally trained by Seth Rollins who has been having tryouts for NXT! Corey puts him over as an insane prospect and says Seth's power is clearly growing stronger. Bryon counters that Jeff still has a lot in the tank and it will be a close match as the closing image before the commercial break is an even stronger Church of Seth Rollins!

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we cut back to THE USO’S locker room with JEY USO and JIMMY USO both on their feet with Jey clearly still heated. NAOMI is on the side of her husband Jimmy as she speaks first.

Naomi: You need to listen to what he is saying cause he can help take you both to new heights!

Jey points at himself and looks baffled by this.

Jey Uso: We need help? We have been seven-time tag team champions! One of the best teams of the modern era.

Naomi: And there are still people who doubt how good you two are!

Jey Uso: Then let them step up and we’ll put them doubters down!

Jimmy looks to calm down his brother.

Jimmy Uso: Listen Uce, Roman is the head of the family and we do need to listen to him.

Jey looks like he is about to argue with this but suddenly the door opens and ROMAN REIGNS REAPPEARS! He slowly walks into the room and gets in front of Jey Uso! The tension is clear between the two men until ROMAN HUGS HIS COUSIN! Jey looks a little confused but he embraces Roman before the duo breaks the hug.

Roman Reigns: I’m sorry Jey.

Jey nods acknowledging the apology nods.

Jey Uso: It’s alright Uce. It happens.

Roman nods and smiles slightly before carrying on.

Roman Reigns: I do want what’s best for you two and that’s why to make up for it Jey I spoke to Shawn.

Jey lights up as Jimmy speaks.

Jimmy Uso: Aw yes, we are getting back in the tag team titles picture!

Roman turns to Jimmy and shakes his head before smiling as he puts his hands on Jimmy's shoulder.

Roman Reigns: You will get those tag team titles back in time but instead I wanted to give Jey an opportunity.

Jey and Jimmy both look confused as Roman turns back to Jey.

Roman Reigns:
Next week, you have the chance to join me in the Elimination Chamber.

Jey’s eyes light up at the idea of maybe earning a Universal title shot at Summerslam.

Roman Reigns: It will be you versus Kevin Owens.

And there is the angle. Jimmy looks wary but Jey smiles.

Jey Uso:
Alright Uce, I’ll see you in the chamber.

Jey turns to Jimmy.

Jey Uso: I’ve got to get ready Jimmy.

Jey leaves the room as Roman turns to Jimmy stopping him from leaving the room and looking serious for a moment.

Roman Reigns:
We need to discuss what we are going to do for Jey.

Naomi nods as Jimmy looks a little unsure but we cut back to the commentary team ringside before we hear what is said between those two.

The commentary team hypes up the fact we will learn the final three entrants into the Elimination Chamber on next week’s Smackdown live and run down the three qualifiers:

• Kevin Owens vs Jey Uso
  • Jeff Hardy vs Seth Rollins
  • Daniel Bryan vs Dominik Dijakovic

We also get the commentary confirming that next week we will also see Sarah Logan taking on Xia Li. However, very quickly the moon changes as the lights start to go out. There is an eerie hush tone until

“THE FIEND” BRAY WYATT slowly makes his way out onto the stage! Boos from the crowd for the most part but a few have started to cheer for this unique monster who slowly walks out onto the stage. He takes his time walking dead ahead as he heads to the ring with the commentary team putting over this monster as a force of nature since Bray showed off this new form. The Fiend stands in the ring and stops dead in the middle tilting his head as he looks up the entrance ramp unmoving as he waits for…

HANSON to run out! And he isn’t waiting at the top of the entrance ramp! He sprints down the entrance ramp, sliding right into the ring and CLOBBERS THE FIEND SENDING HIM BACK AS THE REFEREE CALLS FOR THE BELL!

Match 5: “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt vs Hanson

Match summary: Hanson lays into The Fiend with no reply as the monster just stumbles backward before he gets wiped out with a punch! The Fiend tilts his head and slowly makes his way over to Hanson as he lays into the War Raiders with a series of punches to him. Bray drags Hanson up for a moment and teases going for SISTER ABIGAIL… BUT HANSON FIGHTS OUT OF IT! He sends the Fiend back and even hits a DROPKICK SENDING THE FIEND INTO THE CORNER OF THE RING!

The Fiend is pressed against the corner as Hanson runs to the other corner and connects with a CANNONBALL SENTON SQUASHING BRAY WYATT! Hanson gets the Fiend off his feet and he looks to pounce on it as he climbs to the top rope and looks for a MOONSAULT OFF THE TOP… THE FIEND ROLLS AWAY AND GETS TO HIS FEET! Hanson crashes and burns as The Fiend watches him get back to his feet tilting his head before exploding with a POUNCE WIPING OUT HANSON!

From there and until the end of the match, the early flurry from Hanson is gone as Bray lays into Hanson with a ton of hard strikes to the head and body. Hanson seems to have faded as Bray drags up the dead weight of Hanson and hits him with SISTER ABIGAIL PLANTING HIM TO THE MAT! Bray considers making the cover but instead grabs Hanson by the neck locking in the MANDIBLE CLAW! He chokes the life out of Hanson and the referee checks on him before calling for the bell!

Winner via submission: “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt (4:07)

The Fiend doesn’t release the hold on his throat straight away but eventually lets go of Hanson leaving one-half of the War Raiders laid out on the mat. He stands in the ring as the commentary team sells the pure terror that The Fiend inspires and talks about the destruction it has caused on Smackdown since debuting leaving Finn Balor, Jeff Hardy and now Hanson in its wake. However, as they are talking it looks like the monster is stalking Hanson ready to do more damage until…

BRAUN STROWMAN marches out onto the entrance ramp! The Fiend stops and stares at Braun almost confused as the Monster Among Men climbs over the top rope hitting The Fiend with a STIFF CLOTHESLINE! He sends The Fiend back before finally knocking him over the top rope! The Fiend though doesn’t fall to the floor and instead tilts his head glaring at Braun before the lights go out! Braun can be heard shouting at The Fiend to come back but when they come back on, The Fiend has disappeared! Braun in the ring shakes his head as the commentary team talks about monsters colliding as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see BRAUN STROWMAN marching through the backstage area when he is stopped by KEVIN PATRICK looking for an interview.

Kevin Patrick: Braun, can I ask why you just attacked The Fiend?

Braun looks angry to have even been asked that question.

Braun Strowman:
Why? Why? Did you not watch what happened last week Kevin?

He towers over the poor interviewer scaring him.

Braun Strowman:
The Fiend is the reason I am not in the Elimination Chamber! So he is going to keep getting these hands!

A laugh can be heard behind him with Braun turning around to see ZELINA VEGA walking over with a devious smile on her face.

Braun Strowman:
What’s so funny?

Zelina stops laughing and smiles.

Zelina Vega: It wasn’t The Fiend who cost you the match. I messed with the lights last week!

Zelina pulls out a wad of cash.

Zelina Vega: You’ll be shocked what people do for this!

She puts the money back in her handbag and walks off elsewhere as Braun Strowman is left glaring at her furious whilst in the background we can see the TV flicker with the Firefly Funhouse logo once again before cutting elsewhere backstage as…

KAYLA BRAXTON stands ready for an interview! She looks very happy and goes to speak but THE LAST OUTLAWS make their way over with beer bottles in their hands. She looks confused as JAMES STORM puts his hand on the microphone as BOBBY ROODE leans over.

Bobby Roode: You can go!

Kayla shrugs and leaves the two men to it with them now smiling.

James Storm: Last week, Chad got lucky.

Bobby turns to him.

Bobby Roode:
Very lucky but you need to cut down on the pre-match beers!

James looks confused by this.

James Storm:
Hey it is tradition!

Bobby nods and accepts that as they clink their beer bottles together.

Bobby Roode:
You’re right. Just like clicking Kurt Angle’s ass is tradition for us!

Both share a laugh at the bad joke as Bobby carries on.

Bobby Roode: But it is time I get what should be mine back! I was a United States Champion and on my way to the top before Chad dragged me down!

James Storm: Damn right!

Bobby Roode: So I want to take back the United States title at the Great American Bash.

James steps forward.

James Storm:
And a Bash seems like the perfect place for us to…

JAMES STORM GET CLOCKED IN THE HEAD WITH THE UNITED STATES TITLE BY KURT ANGLE! Bobby goes to attack Kurt but CHAD GABLE SLAMS HIM DOWN WITH A CHAOS THEORY SUPLEX ONTO THE FLOOR! Chad gets passed his United States title by Kurt before bending over the fallen Last Outlaws looking more pissed off than we are used to seeing him.

Chad Gable: Bobby, you want a shot at my title at the Great American Bash? You got it!

Kurt Angle and Chad Gable then both walk off elsewhere leaving The Last Outlaws laid out and we cut back to the commentary team at ringside.

The commentary team confirms that Shawn Michaels has made the match official for The Great American Bash and we will see Chad Gable defend the United States title against Bobby Roode but also will pick a tag team partner to take on the Last Outlaws! The commentary team carries on hyping up the card for The Bash until we get to the WWE Women’s title match and…

SASHA BANKS makes her way out onto the entrance ramp! She gets a massive mixed reaction from the live crowd with an even mix of cheers and boos. She takes her time walking down the entrance ramp soaking in the reaction from the live crowd. The commentary team reminds us it will be Sasha Banks fighting Ember Moon for the first time ever and wonder who will walk out of the Bash as champion. Sasha Banks climbs into the ring with a microphone and gets ready to speak to the fans.

Sasha Banks: It feels good to be in contention at the top.

She has a smug smirk as she walks around the ring stopping for a moment before carrying on.

Sasha Banks: Because being at the top of this division is where I belong.

Not much disagreement from the crowd with the majority cheering that albeit cocky statement.

Sasha Banks: And over the last few months I have been having a few personal issues with Conti…

Cheers from the crowd for the Brazilian badass which Sasha bites her lips annoyed about but she ignores it.

Sasha Banks: Now she is in the rearview mirror, I have my eyes on Ember Moon!

Loud cheers for the WWE Women’s Champion bringing a smile to the face of Sasha Banks.

Sasha Banks: I’m impressed with her too. A true fighting champion and someone I’m looking forward to beating!

Sasha is never not confident in her abilities.

Sasha Banks: I mean I know I am the best. And to prove that I need to best.

True words as Sasha walks around the ring.

Sasha Banks: Look at the names I have beaten? I am an undisputed star but I don’t just want to be the best today. No, I want to be the best of all time!

She looks serious as she looks at the camera and looks to carry on, however…

EMBER MOON walks out onto the entrance ramp with her WWE Women’s title and a microphone in her hand. She has a slight smirk on her face as she slowly walks down the ring with Sasha staring her down. Ember though smiles and points at Sasha.

Ember Moon: So you want a challenge, Sasha?

Ember lifts her WWE Women’s title into the air which prompts a smirk from the Legit Boss in the ring.

Ember Moon:
I’ll be happy to give it to you.

She climbs into the ring and stands across from Sasha Banks with both women smiling but both ready to go at any time.

Ember Moon: But you need to remember. I’ve already beaten Asuka and Charlotte Flair. I beat my white whale and I beat one of the Horsewomen. What’s to stop me from beating another one?

Sasha shakes her head still smirking.

Sasha Banks: Because I am the best of the best. I’ve already beaten all of the Horsewomen.

Ember however responds with a smile.

Ember Moon: You’ve not beaten Asuka though have you?

That angers Sasha who remains silent.

Ember Moon: You call yourself the boss around here but now I hold this? I’m the boss of this division. Don’t forget it.

Ember drops the microphone and leaves Sasha Banks in the ring looking annoyed at being spoken to like that but a fair few fans are still cheering for the WWE Women’s champion as she leaves Sasha Banks in the ring. The commentary team mentions Sasha will not like being disrespected and spoken to like that even by a champion. They wonder how Sasha will respond to that before confirming up next will be our main event as Edge takes on Karrion Kross for a spot in the Elimination Chamber!

Ad break

*DEAD SILENT*

Boos from the live crowd as smoke starts to fill the ringside area and KARRION KROSS slowly walks out onto the entrance ramp. He is joined for a moment by his siren SCARLETT BORDEAUX who gives him a kiss on the cheek before limping backstage (with her leg still in a cast). The commentary team put over Kross’s impact on Smackdown and point out that only the current Money in the Bank holder Big E has managed to beat him so far on Smackdown. He stands in the ring, pacing back and forth as he waits for…

EDGE! A loud pop from the live crowd as the legend makes his way out and we get his full entrance as he gets ready to wrestle his first match on Smackdown since his return. Edge looks fired up and plays to the fans on the way to the ring, keeping his eyes on Kross in the ring before climbing inside. Kross taunts the legend but Edge remains calm as the referee calls for the bell to get our main event underway!

Main event: Elimination Chamber qualifying match: Karrion Kross vs Edge

Match summary: Once the bell rings Kross takes his time to slowly taunt Edge but soon the veteran explodes out of the blocks and goes right after Karrion Kross, laying into the younger superstar with a series of blows. The commentary team wonders if Kross may have taunted the wrong superstar with his recent actions and being forced to take a powder to the outside supports this. Edge even manages to grab hold of Kross and IRISH WHIPS HIM INTO THE STEEL STEPS!

Edge uses this to stay in control and uses his veteran experience to work over Karrion Kross as looks to keep in control but Kross starts to fight back and uses his power to toss around Edge. He even makes a point to focus on the head and neck which gets him a fair few boos from the live crowd as commentary wonders if it is more than just setting up for the KROSS JACKET! Edge though every time Kross tries to lock it in fights out of it and escapes as we head to the closing stages of the match.

Kross is getting more frustrated with the fact he can’t lock the move in on Edge and instead looks to put him away hitting the DOOMSDAY SAITO! Kross makes the cover but it is only a 2 count! He looks angry but this time grabs Edge and locks him in the KROSS JACKET! He wrenches the hold in tight and puts a ton of pressure on Edge who looks like he might pass out! Kross is trying to either get a pass out or seriously hurt Edge who with the last bit of energy uses the ropes to flip over and get Kross in a pin 1 2 3! EDGE IS GOING TO THE CHAMBER!

Winner via pinfall: Edge (10:45)

Loud cheers from the crowd as Kross still has the hold locked on but has to be told by the referee to release it! He thinks the match is won but as Edge rolls to the outside of the ring, Kross is told he has lost the match and is furious. The commentary team put over the cunning of Edge being the difference and Kross making a rookie mistake there to lose the match. As the show comes to a close Kross argues with the referee whilst Edge heads up the ramp and now will step into the Elimination Chamber with Roman Reigns and Shinsuke Nakamura! But who else will join him next week?

Matches confirmed for next week:

Daniel Bryan vs Dominik Dijakovic

Seth Rollins vs Jeff Hardy

Kevin Owens vs Jey Uso

Tag team match:
The Last Outlaws vs Chad Gable and ???

Singles match:
Sarah Logan vs Xia Li

Matchcard for Great American Bash:
San Jose, California
July 19th

Women’s WWE title match:
Ember Moon © vs Sasha Banks

Universal title match:
Aleister Black © vs Buddy Murphy

WWE Women’s tag team titles match:
Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler © vs Lita and Trish Stratus

United States title match:
Chad Gable © vs Bobby Roode

Number one contender for Universal title at Summerslam Elimination chamber match:
Shinsuke Nakamura vs Roman Reigns vs Edge vs Daniel Bryan or Dominik Dijakovic vs Seth Rollins or Jeff Hardy vs Kevin Owens or Jey Uso

Matchcard for Summerslam:
Toronto, Canada

August 23rd

WWE title match:
Drew McIntyre or Sheamus © vs Brock Lesnar or Andrade Cien Almas

Universal title match:
Aleister Black © or Buddy Murphy vs Winner of the Elimination Chamber

EWR Rating:

73%

Tg11

Reaction score
- Edge is in the Elimination Chamber in the main event as he beats Kross to qualify...I think this is only Kross' 2nd pinfall loss ever...the first one was against Mr Money in the Bank Big E and the next one was just now against Edge but for the most part Kross has been virtually dominant and unbeatable. But him losing to Edge, there is no shame in that. Edge is a Hall of Famer multiple time World Champion. But with Edge in the Chamber along with Nakamura and Roman Reigns, it makes me wonder where Karrion goes from here?

- Jey Uso has an Elimination Chamber qualifying match against Kevin Owens...I have a feeling Roman costs Owens his shot of being in the Chamber. Why? Because if Roman ensures his cousin is in the Chamber fighting alongside him, Jey will end up helping Roman to win the Chamber Match. It is actually smart on Roman's part.

- Smackdown Women's Champion Ember Moon she more or less owned Sasha Banks in this face to face segment on the mic...even if Sasha did give it right back to her...I can't wait for this match at The Bash for the WWE Smackdown Women's Championship

- The Church of Rollins has yet another member, that's 5 members now...I think that's more than enough members in a faction especially in this one where you have Rollins, AOP, English and now this newcomer Nathan Frazer who was mentored and personally trained by Rollins

- With AOP set for the WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship, it makes me wonder if Aiden English goes after any titles? Or if Frazer does? What about Rollins? I wonder if he sets his sights on the WWE Universal Championship?

- Trish Stratus & Lita set to take on 2 out of the 4 MMA Horsewomen by taking on Shafir & Duke on RAW...I can almost guarantee the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions Rousey & Baszler the RAW Women's Champion also, that they get involved in that match

- Chad Gable defending his WWE United States Championship against one half of The Last Outlaws, Beer Money, his former Tag Team partner Bobby Roode...now that's a match I definitely wanna see

- Daniel Bryan...hopefully we get the old Daniel Bryan, not the Planet's Champion version but the old Yes Daniel Bryan version of himself when he faces Ungovernables member Dijakovic in an Elimination Chamber qualifying match...I can see Bryan qualifying mainly because I can see Strowman getting involved especially now that Zelina Vega was the one who cost him and not The Fiend

- Yeah but Strowman/Fiend is just beginning

- Buddy Murphy the #1 Contender for the WWE Universal Championship...yes he may have attacked the WWE Universal Champion Aleister Black with a chair not once but 10 times but still goes a long way into convincing me that he can beat Black because he can't...he won't

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Main event:

Angelo Dawkins carries on his foray into singles action and defeated Ariya Davari with his new finisher called THE SILENCER (Spinning neckbreaker) (6:49)

Melina defeated Lana in a quick match hitting the PRIMAL SCREAM (3:28)

Gran Metalik defeated Epico in another short match with the METALIK DRIVER (4:12)

Riddick Moss defeated Heath Slater thanks to interference from Mojo Rawley hitting him with a POWERSLAM (9:26)

Bayley defeated Mia Yim in a match worthy of Smackdown with the BAYLEY TO BELLY (12:22)

Lince Dorado vs Danny Burch added to the Armageddon pre-show!
Lince Dorado and Danny Burch both missed out on entering the number one contender’s Cruiserweight ladder match. Their respective partners won out against the other and there is tension between The One Twos and Lucha House Party so Wade Barrett signed this Cruiserweight showcase match between Lince Dorado and Danny Burch. Who will pick up the win when these two collide?

Matchcard for Armageddon:

Kansas City, Missouri
July 5th

WWE title match:

Grudge match:

Grudge match:
Randy Orton vs Sami Zayn

Pre-show - Singles match:

Lince Dorado vs Danny Burch

Matches confirmed for Raw:

Tag team match:
Trish Stratus and Lita vs Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir

Singles match:
The Miz vs Erick Rowan

Singles match:
Samoa Joe vs Jinder Mahal

Matches confirmed for Smackdown:

Daniel Bryan vs Dominik Dijakovic

Seth Rollins vs Jeff Hardy

Kevin Owens vs Jey Uso

Tag team match:
The Last Outlaws vs Chad Gable and ???

Singles match:

Sarah Logan vs Xia Li

DON’T POST PREDICTIONS FOR ARMAGEDDON YET!

Reactions: Stojy

Tg11

Reaction score
- Either way I can't wait to post my Armageddon predictions but seeing people like Melina and Bayley on Main Event was unexpected to say the least

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Armageddon recap:

WWE title match:

Two friends from the British Isles. These two men’s history goes back to long before their time in WWE and now they have the chance to fight for the WWE title, something they had always dreamed of doing. However, each man has had their own fights to overcome on the way to this match. Drew McIntyre had to fight for years to get back to WWE before overcoming everything Roman had put in his way and finally ending his reign at Wrestlemania 36.

Sheamus had to spend 9 months on the shelf with a back injury and there were fears that Sheamus’s career might be over. However, he made his return at number 29 in the royal rumble and made it to the final 3 before being thrown out by Brock. Since then Sheamus has been turning back the clock and earned this title match by beating Randy Orton on Monday Night Raw! On the final Raw before Armageddon, there was slight tension but both men remain friends going into this match? Will that remain the case after Sunday night?

The Women’s Universal title picture has been eventful to say the least. Becky Lynch was forced to vacate the title at Backlash due to her pregnancy. At Queen of the Ring, we saw Beth Phoenix fight her way through the tournament defeating Mia Yim, Natalya, Piper Niven, Tegan Nox and Charlotte Flair on the way to becoming the first-ever official Queen of the Ring. But the victory would be short and sweet because two nights later on Monday night Raw Shayna Baszler cashed in her Money in the Bank briefcase and became the champion!

Shayna and the MMA Horsewomen have slowly begun to take over the Women’s division ever since Wrestlemania. Ronda may have lost the Women’s Universal title but Shayna would soon bring it back to their possession with her cash-in and Ronda would team with her to become the WWE Women’s tag team champions. The group has very much made its intentions clear and wants to take over the entire division, crushing anyone in its wake. And with no Becky Lynch, the only woman so far to beat either woman on Raw who can stop them?

Natalya is certainly going to try to stop them. She won the special showcase match on the Queen of the Ring pre-show and was rewarded with this title shot when her best friend was still the champion. Now it is no longer about just the title and respect, Natalya wants to avenge Beth Phoenix whilst becoming a three-time women’s champion. Can she overcome the submission magician or will Natalya fall just like her best friend?

At Judgment Day we saw John Morrison stun the world when Erick Rowan turned on Daniel Bryan and joined him to become his new bodyguard helping him become Intercontinental champion. John Morrison would hide behind Rowan ever since that moment and even use Rowan to make sure Miz did not become the number one contender for his title in the aftermath. He also used Rowan to help him get past Ricochet three weeks ago on Raw but now he faces Xavier Woods who gets his first-ever singles title shot.

Xavier Woods was the first to see Morrison change in attitude when John Morrison after rolling out of the ring to rest his leg, stayed out of the ring until it was just him and Woods to steal the victory from him. Woods since then managed to win a feud with Baron Corbin before beating The Miz to earn this title. His best friend Big E (Current Mr. Money in the Bank) will be at ringside to neutralize John Morrison. Can Xavier Woods overcome John Morrison or will he escape with the title?

Angel Garza has been making an impact ever since he debuted on Monday Night Raw at the Royal Rumble costing Aleister Black in his Universal title match with Andrade Cien Almas and joining The Ungovernables. He has been riding high as part of the group and a few weeks ago on Monday Night Raw defeated Mustafa Ali and Dolph Ziggler in a triple threat match to become the Cruiserweight champion, his second reign with a Cruiserweight title in WWE.

But now he faces the ally of the man who beat him for the NXT Cruiserweight title: Pete Dunne. Pete Dunne had been making an impact on Smackdown since he won the Intercontinental title from Luke Harper at London Calling. Since then Pete Dunne has been making a habitat of breaking fingers and snapping limbs to the delight of the WWE universe. Going into this match Angel Garza has shown a lot of fear but will the presence of Eva Marie help him win as it did against Mustafa Ali and Dolph Ziggler?

The Ungovernables duo of Cesaro and Ilja Dragunov managed to prove themselves as the top team on Monday Night Raw when they defeated The Usos. The duo has done a good job of beating some of the best teams Raw has to offer since seeing off The Usos and The Good Brothers since then but at Armageddon, they fight one of the best from the UK, former NXT tag team champions Mustache Mountain! Mustache Mountain earned this title shot by winning a triple threat on Raw but that doesn’t tell the whole story heading into this match.

The Ungovernables have had a bit of tension in the ranks with Cesaro mostly clashing with the majority of his allies. Cesaro and Andrade Cien Almas clashed the most with Cesaro making it clear he is not Andrade’s lackey after goading from his former tag team partner and friend Sheamus. However, he and Ilja have also had a few issues as well with Cesaro not being happy about Ilja getting involved in his business by confronting Drew McIntyre. Will that play a factor in this event and will British Strong Style take all the titles from The Ungovernables tonight?

Brock Lesnar and Andrade Cien Almas have been involved with each other dating back to the Elimination Chamber at the start of February. Brock Lesnar and Aleister Black were screwed out of winning the title when Andrade’s Ungovernables invaded the chamber beating both men down to allow him to escape with the Universal title. However, the time on Andrade’s reign would soon run out and at Wrestlemania 36 Aleister Black would win the three-way dance pinning both Andrade Cien Almas and Brock Lesnar.

Andrade would not react well to losing his Universal title and would look to send a message to the entire Raw roster as well as Aleister Black and with the help of the rest of The Ungovernables (Cesaro, Ilja Dragunov, Angel Garza, Shinsuke Nakamura and Dominik Dijakovic) they attacked Brock Lesnar before tossing him off the stage writing him off TV for several weeks. Andrade in the meantime would try and fail to become Universal Champion again losing to Aleister Black in an Ironman match.

Brock Lesnar meanwhile came back to Raw and his first hurdle was Dominik Dijakovic who he crushed in a Raw main event like he had crushed Shinsuke Nakamura before Wrestlemania. Heyman though would scheme and make a deal with Wade Barrett ahead of the draft in private. Brock Lesnar to Raw as well as Andrade Cien Almas and the winner would become the number one contender to the Universal title at Summerslam. Andrade claims he is not afraid of Brock but his actions say otherwise. Who will walk out of Armageddon as the number one contender for the Universal title?

Wade Barrett wanted to make an impact and help take the Cruiserweight division even higher on Monday Night Raw when he announced a ladder match to crown the new number one contender for the Cruiserweight title! 6 men would enter the match and look to earn a shot at the Cruiserweight title. Let’s look at their stories going into the match:

Mustafa Ali:
Mustafa Ali won the Cruiserweight title for the first time in his career last year at Armageddon and went on to hold the title for 218 days. He took on all challengers before losing his title in a triple threat against Angel Garza and Dolph Ziggler. However, Ali has been in a rivalry with Dolph Ziggler with the two men’s hatred for each other growing since their Wrestlemania 36 match to the point Wade Barrett banned them from psychical contact. Will those take each other out or will Ali get a one-on-one rematch for the Cruiserweight title he lost?

Dolph Ziggler: Ziggler is trying to have a late-career renaissance and has had some recent title success winning the North American title down in NXT. However, he soon fell back into a rut before cutting enough weight to enter the Cruiserweight division and losing to Mustafa Ali at Wrestlemania 36. Ziggler wouldn’t give up on holding the title and kept involved in the title picture angering Mustafa Ali. Their rivalry has exploded but Ziggler also comes off a loss to Ricochet and was not happy about it. Can Ziggler get back on track and earn a Cruiserweight title shot?

Ricochet: Ricochet has come to Monday Night Raw and nearly made an immediate impact pushing John Morrison to the limit in their Intercontinental title match. Ricochet after being screwed in that match however would get a chance to enter this match and defeated former Cruiserweight champion, Noam Dar. Ricochet’s form would carry on when he defeated Dolph Ziggler on the go-home Raw and with wins over superstars in the past like Daniel Bryan, is Ricochet the favorite to soar high and become the next number one contender for the Cruiserweight title?

Oney Lorcan: Oney Lorcan has been floating around the Cruiserweight title for the last year and has had a few near misses including losing to Rey Mysterio at Summerslam last year. He comes into this match after defeating Lince Dorado to qualify but he is also coming off a loss to Mustafa Ali on the go-home show. Can he get back on the winning track and win this match to get another chance to earn his first gold in WWE?

Kalisto:
Kalisto has had a decent amount of success in his WWE career being a former 2-time United States, Cruiserweight and NXT Tag team champion. However it has been a good few years since the luchador has tasted gold. He enters this match after putting away Danny Burch on the go-home Raw to qualify. He has stolen the show in ladder matches before, can he do it again and earn a future title shot?

Lio Rush:
Lio Rush ever since Bobby Lashley ditched him as a manager has started to prove himself as an in-ring competitor. He pushed Mustafa Ali to the limit at the Royal Rumble and had an impressive performance in the Andre the Giant battle royal. However now he has officially joined the Hurt Business, MVP pointed him in the direction of this match and he picked up a big win defeating 2-time Cruiserweight champion Akira Tozawa. Will Lio Rush carry on the Hurt Business’s recent form and will the group make their presence felt?

Grudge match:

Charlotte Flair has never been popular with the WWE Universe but she might have found the one woman they hate more than her: Ronda Rousey. Charlotte Flair clashed before with Ronda winning via DQ when she got attacked with a steel chair. The crowd loved every moment of Charlotte’s attack and it is something Ronda never forgot. Fast forward to Wrestlemania 35 Ronda Rousey and Charlotte Flair would both be on the losing end of the winner takes all main event as Becky Lynch walked out as the champ champ sending these two women on different paths.

Charlotte Flair would try to win the WWE Women’s title and be banned from fighting for it after losing to Asuka in the main event of London Calling in a two out of three falls match. She would then go on to become WWE Women’s tag team champions for a period with Lacey Evans but their team soon fell apart after losing to the Hugging Pirates (Bayley and Kairi Sane) at Wrestlemania 36. She would soon kick Lacey to the curb (getting cheers for this too) and try to defeat Ember Moon just falling short. Charlotte would even fall short in the final of the Queen of Ring, maybe a sign the Queen had lost her edge?

Ronda Rousey meanwhile after losing to Becky Lynch took a break from WWE until her return at Survivor Series assaulting Becky Lynch to cost her against Shayna Baszler. Ronda would very quickly win back her Women’s Universal title at Starrcade defeating Sasha Banks and Bayley. Ronda would hold onto the title until Becky Lynch after winning her second Royal Rumble would defeat her at Wrestlemania 36. Ronda this time didn’t go into hiding. She immediately plotted her plan of attack with Shayna Baszler by her side with the Money in the Bank briefcase.

Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler would team up to become WWE Women’s tag team champions defeating The Hugging Pirates at Queen of the Ring. Charlotte upon being drafted to Raw and joining Ronda on the red brand would make her intentions clear wanting to go after the Women’s Universal title and stop the MMA Horsewomen. Ronda though made it very clear she is ready to take out the Queen and wants to put away the rest of the Four Horsewomen. Charlotte issued the challenge to Ronda for Armageddon. Has Charlotte made a big mistake or will the Queen reign supreme?

Grudge match:
Randy Orton vs Sami Zayn

This rivalry between the two men goes back to before Wrestlemania. Randy Orton punted Sami Zayn in the skull in the lead-up to Roadblock writing him off TV. Sami would miss Wrestlemania due to this and his best friend Kevin Owens would look for revenge going into Wrestlemania and beyond. Sami Zayn would make his return at Judgment Day appearing from inside the ambulance attacking Randy Orton and costing him the ambulance match against Kevin Owens.

Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens would end up choosing to end their tag team and end up on separate brands. Sami wanted to move on to trying to become a singles champion but Randy Orton would return attacking Sami Zayn after a match with Angelo Dawkins. Sami would issue the challenge for Armageddon wanting to beat Randy Orton by himself and get his own revenge. Orton would meanwhile agree to the match after losing to Sheamus in a number one contender’s match for the WWE title. Who will walk out of this grudge match the victor?

Franky Money and Team Kick’s issues with each other started in the last 16 of the Queen of the Ring tournament. Tegan Nox would have enough of the trash talk from Franky in the lead-up to their match and would attack her backstage at Smackdown when she was visiting with Dakota Kai for her qualifying match. Tegan Nox would end up picking the win and handed Franky Monet her first-ever defeat in WWE as Tegan ended up making it to the semi-finals before losing the Beth Phoenix.

Team Kick would end up on Monday Night Raw and be joined by Franky Monet who resumed hostilities with the group, getting a win over Dakota Kai thanks to her new ally and tag team partner Dana Brooke. Dana would make it clear she aligned with Franky to get her career back on track and lead to this match being made for the PPV. Some people are also talking about this being an unofficial number-one contender’s match for the WWE Women’s tag team titles? Who will walk out the winner?

Noam Dar and Tyler Breeze started a mini rivalry on Raw just before the draft with Dar cheating to beat Prince Pretty to earn a United States title shot against Chad Gable. Chad Gable picked up the win by defeating Noam Dar and Breezango would make sure to mock the Scottish Supernova after his loss leading to Dar getting into with Fandango. They would have a match on Raw and Breeze would help Fandango to pick up the win further pissing off the Scot who had tried to cheat himself during the match.

Breezango would go on to fight in a number one contender’s triple threat match against the One Twos and Mustache Mountain with Dar costing them the match and allows Mustache Mountain to pick up the win. Breezango wouldn’t take that lightly and would make a challenge to Noam Dar after he lost to Ricochet in a qualifying match for the Cruiserweight ladder match. Find a partner and meet them on the Armageddon pre-show. Dar has confirmed he has found a partner. Who has he found and will they help him defeat the veteran tag team Breezango?

Lince Dorado and Danny Burch fell just short in qualifying matches for the Cruiserweight title number one contender’s ladder match losing to Oney Lorcan and Kalisto respectively. Wade Barrett has noticed the tensions are forming between Lucha House Party and the One Twos so has made this match for the pre-show. Who will secure the win and gain momentum in the coming weeks?

Predictions contest:
Predict the match order
Predict the winners of each match
Predict the shortest match on the main card
Predict the longest match on the main card
Who will eat the fall in the tag team titles match?
Who will Noam Dar’s tag team partner be?

And any surprise appearances (Minus Noam Dar’s tag team partner)?

Armageddon will be up in around a week's time!

Tg11

Reaction score
Match Order including pre show

1- Pre Show- Tag Team Match- Breezango vs Noam Dar and mystery partner will be someone from NXT UK but as far as who it is? I say it will be Jordan Devlin making his main roster debut all be it on the Pre Show (Winners: Noam Dar & Jordan Devlin)

2- Pre Show- Lince Dorado vs Oney Lorcan (Winner: Oney Lorcan)

3- Pre Show- Tag Team Match- Dana Brooke & Franky Monet vs Team Kick (Winners: Team Kick)

Main card

1- (Opener)- #1 Contenders Ladder Match for WWE Cruiserweight Championship- Lio Rush vs Kalisto vs Oney Lorcan vs Ricochet vs Mustafa Ali vs Dolph Ziggler (Winner: New #1 Contender for WWE Cruiserweight Championship Lio Rush; thanks in part to The Business...The Hurt Business because Business is boomin)

2- Charlotte Flair vs Ronda Rousey (Grudge Match) (Winner: Ronda Rousey; her and the MMA Horsewomen put Charlotte on the shelf and take her out of action EWR injury sabbatical for The Queen)

3- RAW Tag Team Championship- The Ungovernables (Cesaro & Dragunov) (c) vs Mustache Mountain (Tyler Bate & Trent Seven) (Winners: New WWE RAW Tag Team Champions Mustache Mountain; dissension has been forming in this Ungovernables faction due to Cesaro so that's why I have them losing the titles because Cesaro walks out on his partner)

4- Randy Orton vs Sami Zayn (Grudge Match) (Winner: Randy Orton which will set up a rematch at SummerSlam)

5- WWE Cruiserweight Championship- Angel Garza (c) vs Pete Dunne (Winner: New WWE Cruiserweight Champion Pete Dunne which sets up The Hurt Business to feud with Mustache Mountain with it setting up Pete Dunne/Lio Rush for the title at SummerSlam)

6- #1 Contenders Match for WWE Championship (Winner faces WWE Champion at SummerSlam)- Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman vs Andrade Cien Almas w/Zelina Vega (Winner: Brock Lesnar which sets up Brock for a title match at SummerSlam against McIntyre)

7- WWE Intercontinental Championship- John Morrison (c) vs Xavier Woods (Winner: Still WWE Intercontinental Champion John Morrison)

8- WWE RAW Women's Championship- Shayna Baszler (c) vs Natalya (Winner: Still WWE RAW Women's Champion Shayna Baszler)

9- (Main Event)- WWE Championship- Sheamus vs Drew McIntyre (c) (Winner: Still WWE Champion Drew McIntyre; setting up Lesnar/McIntyre)

- Shortest Match on the card will be Charlotte Flair/Ronda Rousey due to match/referee stoppage

- Longest match on the card will be Sheamus/McIntyre WWE Championship

- Dragunov gets pinned by Tyler Bate

- Noam Dar his tag team partner will be JD...Jordan Devlin

- No surprise appearances from anyone at Armageddon but SummerSlam is another story

Reactions: Death By Looch

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Armageddon pre-show
July 5th 2020
Kansas City, Missouri

T-Mobile Center

Armageddon's pre-show starts with the usual pre-show panel stuff as R-Truth hosts it with other legends like Jerry Lawler and Booker T on it as well. As the pre-show carries on we cut to the first segment we are going to focus on as THE NEW DAY member XAVIER WOODS is sitting down as he looks into the distance and is trying to focus ahead of his Intercontinental title match when he is joined by his best friend BIG E! Woods smiles and gets to his feet as they share a hug with each other. Both men break it smiling as Big E speaks first.

Big E: A big night for you.

Woods nods before looking at E.

Xavier Woods: It is but I’m not used to this. I’m not used to being the focus.

Big E shakes his head.

Big E: And that’s why this is so important to us.

Xavier looks confused but we soon see KOFI KINGSTON limp into the shot using crutches as the trio once again shares a hug as Kofi speaks.

Kofi Kingston: It’s important people see you like they see us.

Big E lifts up his Money in the Bank briefcase showing it off to the duo.

Big E: Kofi got his special moment at Kofimania and I have my ticket to mine. My own guaranteed way to win either the Universal or WWE title at Wrestlemania.

Both men smile thinking about it before Big E points at Woods.

Big E: Now it is time for your moment.

Kofi Kingston: And we are here to support you. You deserve success too and we will always be brothers united.

Woods nods as he looks to speak.

Xavier Woods: Thanks, guys. And I’m going to become a singles champion because…

All: NEW DAY ROCKS. NEW DAY ROCKS

The trip carries on their signature chant with smiles on their faces before we cut elsewhere for more pre-show panel segments. We then cut to the ring for the first match of the pre-show.

Before the match begins however Kalisto and Oney Lorcan join the commentary team for this match with the duo hyping up their ladder match later in the show and also their respective tag team partners.

Match summary:
Danny Burch early on catches the Luchador with a series of violent strikes to the head and rocks Lince Dorado. Lince is on the back foot which Oney gloats about on commentary but Kalisto reminds him that same happened to him when he fought Danny and he found a way back shutting Oney up. Lince in the ring true to Kalisto’s words uses his pace to keep in the match and starts to overwhelm the Brit thanks to his Lucha skills as we reach the closing stages of the match.

Danny tries to Lince on the top rope looking for the TOWER OF LONDON but Lince fights him off sending Danny crashing down to the mat. He looks to dive off the rope but as he flies through the air DANNY CATCHES HIM WITH A WICKED EUROPEAN UPPERCUT! Lince falls back into the ropes BUT BOUNCES OFF AND HITS THE GOLDEN REWIND! Lince rolls over into the cover and picks up the win!

Winner via pinfall: Lince Dorado (7:20)

Lince celebrates the rare singles win as Oney Lorcan slams the headset down and storms backstage to prepare for his match later in the night. Kalisto meanwhile joins his tag team partner and celebrates the victory as maybe a sign to come for Kalisto the commentary speculates.

After that match, we cut to the backstage area as RENEE YOUNG is standing ready for an interview.

Renee Young:
It’s been a busy night already but right now I have three men who could soon all be draped in gold. Please welcome British Strong Style!

Cheers from the live crowd as PETE DUNNE, TYLER BATE and TRENT SEVEN all walk into the shot wearing matching tweed outfits. Trent has a slight smug smirk on his face as Renee starts the interview.

Renee Young: Trent, how does it feel being on the big stage as a group and with the chance to all walk away with the gold?

Trent smiles.

Trent Seven: If there is one thing we are used to, it is holding gold.

Bate politely nods whilst Pete Dunne shrugs as winning titles is just another day in the office for him.

Trent Seven:
We spent years traveling around the UK and then the world winning titles.

He turns to his younger partners.

Trent Seven: Look at the gold these two and I have already won during our time on NXT, NXT UK and Smackdown.

Pete steps forward.

Pete Dunne: Angel, I hope you're ready for me to snap each and every one of your fingers until you are unable to even hold a title.

Trent smirks as he looks at Dunne.

Trent Seven: And this is why you don’t want to mess with Peter.

He then looks to Tyler who nods staying quiet for the moment.

Trent Seven: Myself and Tyler meanwhile are one of the world’s best tag teams. Tonight we will should why we put the strong in British Strong Style.

And with that, British Strong Style leaves the interview bringing it to an end as we cut to the ring for the second match of the pre-show.

BREEZANGO make their entrance to the ring first and waits inside the ring before NOAM DAR comes out. He has a microphone in his hand and a cocky smirk as he taunts the fans. He winds them up taking his time before finally revealing his tag team partner…

KENNY WILLIAMS! Not much reaction from the live crowd as Kenny walks out and shakes hands with his friend Noam. Both taunt the crowd and the obnoxious behavior of the pair soon get Kenny the boos he is looking for. The duo gets to the ring and Kenny looks to start for the heels whilst Tyler Breeze starts for Breezango as the referee calls for the bell to get this underway!

Breezango vs Noam Dar and Kenny Williams

Match summary: Kenny spends the opening minute doing a lot of taunting and winding up the live crowd to further increase the boos they are getting. Eventually, he gets to work going after Breeze and Fandango with speed. The commentary team meanwhile confirms the name of the new team calling them Champagne Supernovas (as I don’t think WWE would let them call themselves Champagne Superbollocks) as Dar and Kenny start to isolate Fandango in their corner of the ring.

As we head towards the closing stages of the match, Fandango breaks free and makes the hot tag bringing Tyler Breeze back into the match. Breeze runs through both men showing off his skills in the ring and runs through the cocky Scottish duo but Kenny Williams the legal man stays alive. Breeze though pulls him up looking for the UNPREITTER… BUT DAR DISTRACTS THE REFEREE! Whilst the referee is distracted KENNY LOW BLOWS TYLER! He then leaps off the ropes hitting a SATILETTE DDT PLANTING HIM! Dar takes care of Fandango and Kenny makes the cover picking up the win on his debut!

Winners via pinfall: Noam Dar and Kenny Williams (8:25)

Loud boos from the crowd as Kenny Williams has managed to successfully wind them up on tonight’s show. The duo taunts the fans as the commentary team put over how well they worked as a team and might put them in line for a future tag team titles shot as we cut elsewhere backstage as…

RENEE YOUNG is standing ready for an interview once again!

Renee Young: My guest at this time will be looking to fly high and become the number one contender for the Cruiserweight title: Ricochet!

RICOCHET walks into the shot with a smile on his face and is already in his ring gear as he speaks to Renee.

Renee Young:
Ricochet, tonight you have the chance to get a Cruiserweight title shot? How does it feel being in the Cruiserweight division?

A smile appears on his face.

Ricochet:
It feels different Renee. I’m used to fighting wrestlers much bigger than me but now I’m fighting on an even level which requires a slight adjustment in style.

Renee Young:
Do you think you’ve made the necessary adjustments to your style to win?

???:
If you had the right guidance, you would already have done it!

The camera pans over to show MVP leading the rest of the HURT BUSINESS: ISIAH “SWEVRE” SCOTT and LIO RUSH walking into the shot. Only Lio Rush is dressed to compete as MVP carries on.

MVP: Look at Lio.

Lio smirks as Ricochet remains unimpressed.

MVP: All the potential and with my guidance he is going to finally shine like the diamond he truly is.

Lio Rush: I had my doubts but Montel knows what he is talking about.

Ricochet smirks prompting Swerve to step forward not taking the disrespect well.

Isiah “Swerve” Strickland: What are you smirking at?

Ricochet shrugs his shoulders.

Ricochet: I’ve never needed the guidance of anyone to fly. But Lio when we are out there, why don’t you watch real close if you need some?

Ricochet walks away smirking as Swerve gets ready to attack him but MVP keeps him back for the time being. Lio says to Swerve he’ll show him later as we cut back to the ring for the final match on the pre-show.

TEAM KICK make their entrance first for this match and get a decent pop from the live crowd. Both the babyfaces slap hands with the live crowd and have smiles on their face on the way to the ring. FRANKY MONET and DANA BROOKE come out next soaking in the boos from the crowd with JOHN MORRISON kissing his wife before heading backstage. Once the two teams get to the ring Dana Brooke starts for the heels whilst Dakota Kai starts for Team Kick as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway!

Match summary: Dana Brooke acts very cocky at the start of this match and she soon pays for it as Team Kick batters her with a series of kicks. Dana Brooke has to escape from them and bring Franky Monet back into the match. Franky makes a fight back for her team and turns the tides by being able to hang toe to toe with Kai and Nox in this match. However, when Dana comes back in the heels struggle, and in the end that costs them the match. Tegan Nox takes care of Franky Money and Dakota Kai puts away Dana Brooke with GO TO KICK! Kai makes the cover and Team Kick picks up the win!

Winners via pinfall: Team Kick (6:11)

Team Kick celebrate the victory in the ring whilst Franky screams at Dana furious with the loss before we cut elsewhere backstage as...

DOLPH ZIGGLER is shown walking down the hallway! He looks focused as he heads towards the ring but is soon stopped by RENEE YOUNG looking for an interview!

Renee Young: Dolph! Can I get a few words before your ladder match at the start of tonight’s show?

Confirmation from Renee that the Cruiserweight ladder number one contender’s match will be starting the PPV.

Dolph Ziggler: Sure Renee.

Renee Young: You had a rough time on Monday night. How are you looking to bounce back?

Dolph sighs.

Dolph Ziggler:
I’ve had disappointment before and I’ve had to bounce back. It’s something I’ve gotten used to.

Renee Young: Do you think maybe you are struggling to adapt due to having to cut weight to qualify for the division?

Ziggler is silent as he doesn’t know how to respond to that and remains speechless until we see MUSTAFA ALI walk into the shot. Both men give each other daggers as Ali chimes in.

Mustafa Ali: It’s not the weight limit. It’s the same problem you’ve always had.

He gets right in Ziggler’s face as they stare each other down.

Mustafa Ali: You have all the talent in the world but when you get setback? You lose all your heart.

Ziggler looks furious and clenches his fist knowing no fists can be thrown until the match begins.

Mustafa Ali: Me? When I fall I get back. When you fall? You go home and sulk.

Mustafa walks past Ziggler who looks furious before we cut back to the pre-show panel who do the final hype for the PPV before we come to a close with confirmation that the show will be starting with the Cruiserweight ladder match.

MAIN SHOW IS TO BE POSTED IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS