WWE 2019: No Wildcards

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Quite a few champions changing brands which is nice to see, will make things feel really fresh in here. I'm paying quite a bit of attention to that Rollins call out of Black too by the way. Strong Style faction could be awesome with the Bate call up also.

Honestly not sure who got the better of the draft at this point, and it was also crazy to see some people like AJ go so far back in the draft. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the draft results so we can move forward.

I will mention that some of the people going late was maybe an oversight by me (or in kayfabe due to injuries in story or EWR) but AJ Styles was 100% part of a plan with him

Reactions: Stojy and Tg11

DTP

Reaction score
Queen of the Ring - June 6, 2020

Your writing style is incredibly descriptive and I appreciate that as someone who also pays close attention to detail. The use of YouTube videos to signify music choices is always pleasant to see, though I might say if it is of this forum's capabilities to consider hyperlinks - it could help your format flow a little more smoothly. That said, your match writeups read impeccably well and reflect that of the WWE style in presentation.

The dialogue worked well for me in places, everybody had a sense of self and I particularly liked what you did with Paige in her introduction as a commentator. I would be interested in whether you have any plans for her long-term.

Trish Stratus and Lita coming together on this women's special is a pretty strong hook, and having them defeat the Iiconics made for an effective opener. It went as long as it should have, though I'm sure you've made an effort in boosting the credibility of Billie Kay and Peyton Royce by now. I might have had the Queen of the Ring Quarter-Finals open the show with that said, because Rhea Ripley and Charlotte Flair is one big match, even for 2019 standards.

It's interesting see Tegan Nox get a run in this tournament, but I am disappointed to see Ruby Riott not make it further. I think Ruby's an interesting character that has been somewhat underutilized, but it sounded like a decent match. I'm just surprised Tegan won so clean. I did like the call back to the Mae Young Classic, that said.

I must admit, I'm not entirely sure what to think about Beth Phoenix and Piper Niven, in terms of the chemistry they might have. It sure made for an impressive visual seeing Phoenix power Piper up for the Glam Slam, if anything. I like the idea of a Terry Funk-esque run for Beth heading for the WWE Women's Universal Championship. Also, nice touch with that title name to better differentiate the two brand titles.
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Taynara Conti being in such a high stakes match at this point in her career, particularly getting a shocking win against someone the calibre of Sasha Banks. I feel like Tay would have been incredibly green at this stage, but I've no doubt in theory this would make for a pretty excellent match. It's a unique bracket you have assembled, which I am not adverse to.

An interesting timeline where you decided to keep Bayley as a fan favorite, or so I presume. Interesting team with Kairi Sane, that's for certain. Shayna Baszler and Ronda Rousey capturing the WWE Women's Tag Team Championships made sense, and I will always be a fan of seeing Shayna be the Money in the Bank winner. Compelling finish with Bayley narrowly coming up short for making the save for Kairi. My only gripe would be the length of the match perhaps being a little too late. That said, if there is one way to boost the importance of the titles, this is how.

A lot of clean wins on this show, which only made it more palpable for Charlotte Flair to cheat her way past Taynara Conti in the Semi-Final round. With such an emphasis on referring to her as the Queen, I would be surprised if she actually won the Queen of the Ring Tournament.
Beth Phoenix was the better choice, based off of her role as the legendary figure going for one more shot at the WWE Women's Universal Championship. Tegan Nox going down to two Glam Slams legitimizes her plenty, but Beth makes greater sense in the grand scheme of things with this tournament's directive.

I think it's pretty cool that you continued to run with Ember Moon's long-tenured rivalry with Asuka dating back to NXT. Great heel tactics from Asuka playing off of their history in this No Holds Barred match. I like the bold font for key spots in these matches. Highly effective win with a submission focing Asuka to tap out. It gives the WWE Women's Champion the stamp of approval she needs.
Beth Phoenix doing the thing and winning the Queen of the Ring tournament made for a spectacular outcome with Becky Lynch awarding her with the WWE Women's Universal Championship. The flash pin not only sets up the rematch potential with Charlotte coming away from this, but also makes for an impressive way to show Beth's resilience in winning the title one more time. I was surprised at Flair showing respect, but it added to the moment.

Overall, this is quite the universe you have created. I really enjoyed reading your work for the first time in a long time. I'll try to keep up from here.

• Love
Reactions: Roy Mustang

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
News update:

Supplemental draft finalized:

Raw:
Akira Tozawa
Ariya Davari
Dana Brooke
Danny Burch
Eva Marie
Fandango
Heath Slater
Humberto Carrillo
Lana
Lince Dorado
Mojo Rawley
Oney Lorcan
Riddick Moss
Samir Singh
Sunil Singh
The Brian Kendrick
Titus O’Neil
Tyler Breeze

Zelina Vega

Smackdown:

Bo Dallas
Billie Kay
Carmella
Cedric Alexander
Curt Hawkins
Curtis Axel
Dio Maddin
Drew Gulak
Epico
Gran Metalik
Jeff Hardy
Lacey Evans
Liv Morgan
Mansoor
Mia Yim
Naomi
Peyton Royce
Primo
R-Truth
Scarlett Bordeaux
Tamina
Xia Li

Zack Ryder

Unassigned due to hiatus or injury:

Bobby Lashley
Big Show
Finn Balor
Mickie James
Shelton Benjamin

Tony Nese

Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks turning face soon?

One rumor coming out of Queen of the Ring is the fact it seems Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks may be turning face soon. With revealed plans after Becky became pregnant for the Four Horsewomen to take on the MMA Horsewomen during 2020, it has led some to speculate that the handshaking at Queen of the Ring was a sign for both women to start to turn face. It remains to be seen how this will effect upcoming shows and if the crowd will accept Charlotte as a face.

Are Trish Stratus and Lita sticking around?

Current plans involve Lita and Trish Stratus potentially sticking around for one more match at least on Smackdown. Officials were happy with the reception they got and have a big match rumored to be planned for the next Smackdown PPV.

Undrafted superstars:

Some big names remained undrafted in the main and supplemental draft last night. Big Show, Bobby Lashley, Mickie James, Shelton Benjamin and Tony Nese due to their length of time out WWE are unsure what brand they will return to once cleared. Finn Balor meanwhile is not injured but taking a break. WWE wants the brand he returns on to be a mystery hence refusing to confirm which brand he will be appearing on.

Confirmed match for next Raw PPV:

Natalya will get a title shot after winning the thunder clash at QOTR and face the winner of Beth Phoenix and Nia Jax on Monday Night Raw. A clash of the tag team partners certainly promises some intrigue as we head into a new era on Monday Night Raw!

Matchcard for Armageddon:
Kansas City, Missouri
July 5th

Women’s Universal title match:
Beth Phoenix or Nia Jax © vs Natalya

Reactions: Stojy

Tg11

Reaction score
- Charlotte Flair...only way you pull off a babyface turn with Charlotte is you write her off TV with an injury and have her take a break. Then off her hiatus for however long it ends up being and then when you bring her back, boom she becomes a babyface.

- Sasha turning babyface I mean the fans are already cheering for her despite her being a heel. So may as well pull the trigger on a babyface turn.

- Lita and Trish sticking around...I can definitely see them challenging Ronda & Shayna for the WWE Women's Tag Team

- Finn Balor I think he shows up in NXT same with Tony Nese

- Big Show will end up on Smackdown. Lashley ends up on RAW same with Shelton Benjamin and Mickie James also ends up on RAW

- I think we get Beth Phoenix/Natalya for the RAW Women's Championship at Armageddon and if that happens, I definitely see a Natalya heel turn on Beth either in the build up or it happens at the PPV itself during the match or post match.

- Naomi on Smackdown on the same brand as The Usos and Roman Reigns...no coincidence Bloodline strings

- Scarlett being on the same brand as Karrion is also no coincidence

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Monday Night Raw
June 8th 2020
Lincoln, Nebraska

Pinnacle Bank Arena

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the usual opening package to start Monday Night Raw highlighting what happened at Queen of the Ring, we cut to the commentary team who do the usual introduction to the show and hype up the main event to this week’s Raw for the Women’s Universal title between Beth Phoenix and Nia Jax! However right now…

CHARLOTTE FLAIR makes her way out and to new music (because this theme is pretty sick. Annoying WWE waited till after I wrote Queen of the ring to post it to their channel). She walks to the ring getting mostly boos though a few cheers for her as the commentary team talk about her coming runner-up in the Queen of the Ring but she did show respect to Beth Phoenix and wonders what’s next for her now she is back on Monday Night Raw. The Queen has the microphone in hand and looks to address the live crowd.

Charlotte Flair: Last night…

She pauses for a moment scrunching her face before carrying on.

Charlotte Flair: Last night something rare happened. I feel short.

Cheers from the crowd which Charlotte acknowledges.

Charlotte Flair:
And for once I have no excuses.

That shocks the crowd as Charlotte looks at the fans.

Charlotte Flair: I was second best on the night to Beth Phoenix.

Cheers for the mention of the Women’s Universal Champion.

Charlotte Flair:
And I cannot stand being second best.

She points at herself as she looks at the crowd.

Charlotte Flair:
I was born into the business of the greatest world champion ever!

A few WOO chants start up as Charlotte gets fired up.

Charlotte Flair: So I have a legacy to live up to and I have so far. But I won’t allow myself to let my standards slip.

She pauses for a moment.

Charlotte Flair:
I haven’t held either WWE or Universal Women’s title for over a year now!

Cheers from the crowd. Charlotte shrugs at the reaction.

Charlotte Flair:
Being on top is what I live for and I failed time and again. So something needs to change. I need to change!

She points at herself now getting mixed reactions from the live crowd.

Charlotte Flair: And that starts to…

Loud boos from the crowd as THE MMA HORSEWOMEN walk out onto the stage. RONDA ROUSEY and SHAYNA BASZLER stand at the front with JESSAYMN DUKE and MARINA SHAFIR flanking them from behind. Ronda has a microphone in her hand whilst Shayna has the Money in the Bank briefcase in her hands.

Ronda Rousey:
Charlotte, it’s been a long time hasn’t it?

Charlotte Flair: Not long enough.

Ronda smirks as the crowd gets behind Charlotte for once but Ronda doesn’t care about them.

Ronda Rousey: I’ve been a little busy taking over Monday Night Raw again whilst you were on Smackdown but I haven’t forgotten about what you did to me.

She looks angry as she glares at an unrepentant Charlotte.

Ronda Rousey: I’ve been waiting for the right time to come back after because let’s be honest, Becky is the real star of your group!

Ouch! The fans meanwhile start to chant for Becky which prompts Shayna to ask for the microphone.

Shayna Baszler:
She is gone! Get used to it!

Loud boos as Shayna passes the microphone back to Ronda Rousey.

Ronda Rousey: And with her gone, my attention turns to you. See I remember you wrapping a chair around my throat and stamping on it.

Charlotte raises the microphone up in response.

Charlotte Flair: One the few things I ever did that got cheered. Maybe I should do it again?

A loud pop for the sassy response as Charlotte rolls out of the ring sensing what is about to happen and quickly grabs a steel chair to defend herself. Ronda meanwhile looks furious.

Ronda Rousey:
You can keep these fans' cheers in your heart when I break your arm!

Ronda drops the microphone and looks to her goons Duke and Shafir sending them down to the ring first. Shayna and Ronda though follow shortly behind. Duke and Shafir slide into the ring first but quickly get taken out by a steel chair shot from the Queen! Ronda slides into the ring and gets a chair shot too stopping her BUT SHAYNA WHACKES HER IN THE HEAD IN THE BRIEFCASE! Charlotte falls to the mat dropping the chair as the crowd loudly boos the MMA Horsewomen.

Ronda gets back to her feet angry and looks at the steel chair as she evilly smiles. Shayna lays in a few strikes and the goons get back into the ring giving a few boots to the prone body of Charlotte Flair. Ronda then raises the steel chair over her head ready to do more damage… AS THE MEDUSA COMPLEX RUN DOWN THE ENTRANCE RAMP AND SLIDE INTO THE RING STOPPING RONDA AND SHAYNA! They send them out of the ring before fighting with the goons until…

Loud cheers from the live crowd as WADE BARRETT walks out with a microphone in his hand in a crisp suit and he looks unhappy.

Wade Barrett: OK that is enough!

The fighting in the ring stops as the MMA Horsewomen head to the outside and the Medusa Complex checks on Charlotte Flair.

Wade Barrett: I know that you think you can get away with whatever you want Ronda but this is my show and there will be consequences for your actions!

Loud cheers from the crowd but Ronda remains unfazed.

Wade Barrett:
If you want a fight to start the show then I’m moving the Women’s tag team title match to right now!

The crowd pops for that announcement as the NXT UK rookies in the ring look excited at their title match being right now. Ronda and Shayna look unfazed by this however.

Wade Barrett: And to avoid this chaos happening again, everyone else is banned from ringside!

Duke and Shafir kick off as the crowd loudly cheers for this announcement but Ronda and Shayna remain focused. The commentary team then hypes up we will see the WWE Women’s title on the line next!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ad break

Match 1: WWE Women’s tag team titles match: Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler © vs The Medusa Complex

Match summary: When we return from the commercial break, the MMA Horsewomen are in control of the match as they look to grind down and work over the rookies in the ring looking to tear them apart. The majority of this match is the champions working over the limbs but a few hope spots for the NXT UK rookies. However in the end Ronda gets Charli Evans trapped in the middle of the ring after Shayna takes out Millie McKenzie outside the ring! Charli tries to escape but as she does Shayna locks in an armbar on her over arm and Charli is forced to scream she taps out!

Winners via submission and still WWE Women’s tag team champions: Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler (7:39)

The champions hold on for an extra few seconds after the bell looking to do even more damage to Charli Evans before realizing her arms. The champions are passed their titles before posing in the ring. Millie looks to check on her tag team partner as Shayna looks at Ronda and SMASHES MILLIE IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD WITH THE TITLE! Loud boos from the crowd but the champions do not care as they lay a beatdown on their challengers.

Ronda looks at Shayna and tells her to head outside the ring. She teases getting a table which gets cheers from the crowd so she kicks it back under getting boos. She instead looks to the steel steps and SLIDES THEM INTO THE RING! Ronda grabs Charli Evans before lifting her up and HITS PIPER’S PIT ONTO THE STEEL STEPS! Millie meanwhile has Shayna trap her arm in a steel chair bending it BEFORE STOMPING ON IT TO BREAK HER ARM! Loud boos from the crowd as medics come to check on the challengers as the smug champions stand tall and we cut backstage…

WADE BARRETT watching what just happened on the TV shaking his head in anger but before he can deal with that his door busts open with MUSTAFA ALI and DOLPH ZIGGLER arguing with each other.

Mustafa Ali: I was the champion so I should be getting the shot at him. You have had your time.

Dolph Ziggler: I had my time? I am sick of people telling me I have had my time. I’m not retired and I don’t plan on retiring any time soon!

Wade Barrett shakes his head fed up with this argument and cuts the duo off before they carry on all night long.

Wade Barrett:
Enough!

Both men don’t look happy about it but stop for the moment.

Wade Barrett:
Next week, we will find out who gets the chance to fight Angel Garza at Armageddon. You will both be in the match.

Ali and Ziggler look happy with that glaring at each other but Wade isn’t finished with his announcement just yet.

Wade Barrett: But it will be a fatal four-way match!

Dolph shakes his head furious whilst Ali remains calm.

Wade Barrett:
You two will also face two new editions to the Monday Night Raw roster: Akira Tozawa and Pete Dunne!

A big match announcement for next week’s Raw on the road to Armageddon as Dolph Ziggler leaves first slamming the door whilst Ali acts more calmly ending the promo as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

*THIS AIN’T NO MAKE BELIEVE*

Loud boos as we return from the commercial break and JOHN MORRISON makes his way out with the Intercontinental title around his waist. He is soon flanked by his wife FRANKY MONET and their bodyguard ERICK ROWAN! John even does his usual slow-motion entrance as Franky winds up the live crowd. The commentary team gets the fans up to speed with what happened involving the IC title on Smackdown before the heels slide into the ring as they look to address the live crowd.

John Morrison:
Lincoln, Nebraska. How does it feel to be in presence of a true IT couple?

Boos from the crowd as Morrison mocks Miz and Maryse’s catchphrase before making out with Monet. He turns back to the live crowd before showing off the title around his waist.

John Morrison: As your Intercontinental champion, I just want to say how happy I am that new superstars will be getting a chance at my title now Daniel Bryan is on Smackdown!

More boos as Morrison once again ducks facing one of the men he beat to win the title.

John Morrison: So I want to fight someone who hasn’t faced me for this title before. I don’t want the same challengers coming after this and hogging my spotlight.

Morrison passes the mic to Monet.

Franky Monet: So that rules you out Miz.

Loud boos and even one or two Miz chants from the crowd as Morrison takes the microphone back.

John Morrison: No he has held this title back from being the title it used to be. Miz never saved this title from obscurity, he placed it there!

Morrison looks to carry on his rant but is soon interrupted by…

THE MIZ and MARYSE both walk out onto the top of the entrance ramp. Miz has a microphone in hand and looks to respond.

The Miz: Morrison, you can talk all you want about me being at the back of the line but right now the only one damaging the Intercontinental title!

Cheers from the crowd as Morrison and Monet look annoyed but Miz carries on.

The Miz:
When I held that title I was willing to take on all challengers. You haven’t even defended that title yet!

John Morrison: I’m a star Mix! My movies don’t go straight to DVDs like yours!

Ouch!

John Morrison: And why would I defend this against you? We already beat you on Smackdown!

The Miz:
You haven’t fought me one on one because let’s be real John. You were always the Jannetty.

Miz throwing barbs as Morrison looks furious but before he can respond…

A decent pop from the live crowd as XAVIER WOODS walks out onto the top of the entrance ramp with a microphone in hand and noticeably is by himself here!

Xavier Woods: Mike I’m sorry to interrupt you but you are not the only one who wants to get their hands on John here.

Morrison rolls his eyes before looking at his bodyguard who is ready for a potential fight.

Xavier Woods:
See I haven’t forgotten the way he beat me in the Andre the Giant battle royale.

Franky Monet:
Exactly Woods. He beat you!

Boos from the crowd as John shrugs but Woods carries on.

Xavier Woods:
Only because you hid like a coward. So you want someone new, someone who has never had a shot at that title? Fight me!

Cheers from the crowd who want to see Woods get a title shot but Miz speaks first.

The Miz: Woods, when I win the title you can get the first shot but I’m not waiting to get my hands on him after what he did.

Woods steps forward as Miz and Xavier are now face to face.

Xavier Woods:
I’ve waited long enough for a chance at a singles title. I’m not waiting any longer Mike.

The two faces stand in front of each other as Morrison enjoys the tension and looks to whisper some words to Erick Rowan until…

Cheers for WADE BARRETT as the commissioner is having a busy first night on the job already and doesn’t look happy to be dragged out to the ring again already.

Wade Barrett: Gentleman, you remember how things worked on Smackdown when I was in charge? You have to earn your title shots.

John Morrison laughs it up in the ring enjoying himself.

Wade Barrett: So on next week’s Raw it will be The Miz going one on one with Xavier Woods and the winner will get an Intercontinental title shot at Armageddon!

Cheers from the crowd as both Woods and Miz seem happy with that outcome but Wade isn’t finished.

Wade Barrett: John however let me get to you.

The champion looks confused as Wade looks annoyed at him.

Wade Barrett: You do know that title is meant to be defended every thirty days and you have yet to defend that title so if I wanted to, I could make you put it on the line right now or strip you of that title.

John gulps and looks a bit worried as Monet off-mic shouts at Wade.

Wade Barrett:
I will be nice however and give you a week to prepare. Next week you will face one of Raw’s newest addition, Ricochet!

Cheers from the crowd excited to see two high-fliers going head-to-head. Miz and Woods meanwhile would carry on staring each other down and Morrison would complain to his wife plus his bodyguard.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see BIG E watching his friend get a number one contender’s match with a smile on his face. However, as he is watching he is approached by MVP! Big E turns around and sees MVP offering him a hand. Big E is wary but accepts the handshake from MVP.

MVP: Mr. Money in the Bank!

Big E: The one and only.

MVP breaks the handshakes smiling as he looks at Big E.

MVP: I just want to thank not only you but Kofi and Woods.

Big E looks confused but MVP carries on.

MVP:
Without Kofimania and the inspiration you guys gave me I might never have formed the Hurt Business.

Big E nods and smiles.

Big E: I’m glad we could be an inspiration. Kofi would be proud of that, maybe even more than winning the WWE title.

MVP nods.

MVP: But he ain’t my focus right now. I’m always looking to the future.

He looks down at the MONEY IN THE BANK BRIEFCASE in Big E’s hand and looks back up at Big E who gets slightly more serious.

MVP: We want you to have your Kofimania moment and I think we could do great business together.

MVP passes Big E a business card however Big E looks at it for a short amount of time before passing it back to MVP.

Big E: I appreciate the offer Montel but I’m a one-group man.

Big E walks off elsewhere backstage leaving MVP standing there looking slightly annoyed by being turned down by Mr. Money in the Bank as we cut back to the ring.

*I BRING THE SWAG*

A decent pop from the live crowd as ANGELO DAWKINS makes his way out by himself for a rare singles match on Raw! The commentary team tells us that this is his return from injury and his tag team partner Montez Ford is still on the shelf with his return date unknown so for now Angelo is going to try to climb the singles ranking.

A loud pop from the live crowd as SAMI ZAYN walks out onto the stage and gets ready for his singles action on Raw for the first time since coming back to the red brand. They recap his issues with Randy Orton before saying Sami is also looking to rise up the singles ranks now he and Kevin Owens are on separate brands. Angelo and Sami meet in the middle of the ring shaking hands before the referee calls for the bell to get the match underway.

Match 2: Sami Zayn vs Angelo Dawkins

Match summary: Both men throughout the match show respect to each other with this encounter being about friendly rivalry rather than any hatred for one another. During the match, Angelo Dawkins takes a lot of people by surprise putting on a very good performance and shocking commentary with how close he comes to defeating Sami Zayn. In the end, though Sami Zayn puts him away with the HELLUVA KICK and picks up the win!

Winner via pinfall: Sami Zayn (8:26)

Sami Zayn gets to his feet and celebrates the win to the delight of the live crowd. Angelo Dawkins gets to his feet and rubs his jaw before shaking hands with Sami Zayn showing respect to him. Angelo leaves Sami to celebrate in the ring but as he celebrates the win RANDY ORTON SLIDES INTO THE RING AND RKO’S SAMI ZAYN! Boos from the crowd as Randy smirks before being CHASED OFF BY ANGELO DAWKINS! Randy Orton slithers away happy with handiwork as Dawkins checks on Sami Zayn and the commentary sends us to a pre-recorded video promo with Ricochet!

We cut to a rooftop with RICOCHET standing on it in a hoodie as he looks off into the distance.

Ricochet: Coming to Raw is the chance at a new beginning. A chance to fly high and get to the top.

He smiles as he looks at the sky.

Ricochet: On Smackdown I fought for the WWE title and I feel short.

He looks at his hands.

Ricochet: It’s been a couple of years since I held gold and it’s time to correct that.

He walks closer to the edge looking down below before back at the camera.

Ricochet:
Myself and Jon have a lot of history that some of you might not know about. Fighting underground in Mexico.

Ricochet smiles.

Ricochet: And we fought all night long.

Do recommend that episode. Great match.

Ricochet: I’ve beaten you before John. I even had to deal with your wife back in those days.

Ricochet is now staring at the camera with the skyline in the distance.

Ricochet: And you have somehow both become even more arrogant.

Ricochet shakes his head.

Ricochet: I’ll bring you down to Earth whilst I soar into the sky.

Ricochet ends the promo before looking at the skyline once again whilst we cut to a hallway backstage… as THE UNGOVERNABLES are shown walking to the ring led by Zelina Vega. The commentary team tells us we will hear from them after the commercial break.

Ad break

*COAT OF ARMS*

Boos from the live crowd as return from the commercial break and THE UNGOVERNABLES walk out onto the stage led by ZELINA VEGA! ANGEL GARZA has EVA MARIE hanging off his arm and they lock lips on the way to the ring with the Cruiserweight title around his waist. CESARO and ILJA DRAGUNOV both have their World tag team titles on show with their leader ANDRADE CIEN ALMAS the only one without gold around his waist. The group gets into the ring as Zelina Vega grabs a microphone and looks to address the crowd.

Zelina Vega: Look at all the gold in our possession.

The champions show off their titles though Andrade looks annoyed to be the only one with nothing to show around his waist.

Zelina Vega: And soon there will be gold back around Andrade’s waist.

A smirk appears on his face but he is still clearly annoyed about not having the Universal title.

Zelina Vega: Andrade may have lost in the Ironman match but Black had one good night. Every star has an off night and Andrade had one last Monday!

Andrade off-mic shouts just one off-night! One!

Zelina Vega:
But now Aleister has run away to Smackdown…

Boos from the crowd for the outright lie.

Zelina Vega:
Drew McIntyre, you have something Andrade wants. And remember who ended your reign down in NXT?

The commentary team reminds us that Andrade Cien Almas was the one who beat Drew before he left NXT.

Zelina Vega: He ended your reign and he will do it again.

Zelina passes the microphone to Andrade.

Andrade Cien Almas: Drew your days are numbered. The Ungovernables run this brand and we fear no one…

???: What about BROCCCCCCCK LESNARRRRR?

Loud cheers from the crowd who soon realize it is PAUL HEYMAN! He has a wicked smirk on his face as The Ungoverables turn to face him as he stands at the top of the ramp and looks to address the group.

Paul Heyman: I can sense the fear already from you.

Andrade Cien Almas: Fear is not a word I know perro!

Paul shakes his head.

Paul Heyman: Maybe not but it is in your eyes!

Andrade fumes in the ring as Zelina takes back the microphone.

Zelina Vega: Paul I would suggest you leave before my clients take you out for good as I know for a factor Brock isn’t here to protect you tonight.

Heyman is noticeably a bit nervous upon that line but sticks his hand out.

Paul Heyman: I think you are going to want to hear this Zelina because thanks to my superior managerial experience…

Zelina gives a death glare.

Paul Heyman: I was able to secure your client the chance to earn a WWE title shot at Summerslam!

Andrade raises his eyebrow looking confused whilst Zelina speaks.

Zelina Vega: What’s the catch?

Paul Heyman chuckles.

Paul Heyman: There is always a catch. As part of Brock's signing exclusive to Raw, Wade Barrett agreed to give my client a match with Andrade at Armageddon and the winner will fight for the WWE title at Summerslam!

Zelina’s eyes pop out as Andrade looks furious at this announcement.

Paul Heyman:
And on top of that, The Ungovernables are banned from ringside for that so my client gets Andrade all by himself!

Andrade kicks the ropes in anger as Eva smiles probably because her man won’t be killed by Brock that night but Heyman walks off happy with having dropped that bombshell on Andrade and Zelina as the commentary team hypes the match up as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see TEAM KICK walking through the back when they are stopped for an interview by RENEE YOUNG.

Renee Young:
Tegan, can I get a few words from you after your performance in the Queen of the Ring tournament?

Tegan and Dakota both stop as they turn to face Renee.

Tegan Nox: Of course Renee.

Renee Young: You made it to the semi-finals of the tournament, defeating Ruby Riott before losing to the eventual winner Beth Phoenix. How are you feeling after doing so well but coming up short?

Tegan smiles.

Tegan Nox: Queen of the Ring was as much about removing old demons as winning the whole thing. I overcame the demons that haunted me after the Mae Young Classic and next year, I will win the whole thing.

Dakota smirks.

Dakota Kai:
One slight problem Tegan, I’m winning next year.

Tegan turns to her friend as they each share a smile.

Tegan Nox: We’ll see about that.

Renee Young:
In here and now, we have new tag team champions in the Women’s division in the MMA Horsewomen.

Both scowl at the mention of the champion's name.

Renee Young:
I can tell you are not a fan of the champions.

Tegan Nox:
Correct.

Dakota Kai: Shayna is a bully and tried to throw her weight around in NXT, making me feel so small.

Kai looks down as she relives those horror days.

Dakota Kai: But I fought through it and I ended her NXT Women’s title reign with my best friend by my side.

They share a fist bump looking directly at Renee.

Dakota Kai: And I’ll be more than happy to take her title one more time.

We hear a laugh coming from off-screen and we can see FRANKY MONET walking into the shot leaving Team Kick looking annoyed.

Franky Monet:
A cute story. Do you know this is Monday Night Raw not America’s Got Talent?

Tegan steps forward getting in Franky’s face.

Tegan Nox: Watch what you say or I’ll give you another beating like I did on Smackdown.

Franky looks to respond but Dakota steps forward instead.

Dakota Kai: Tegan I’ll deal with this.

She squares up to Franky.

Dakota Kai: You want to run your mouth? That’s fine. I’ll speak to Wade and make sure next week, I kick your teeth down your throat.

Strong words from Dakota who walks off elsewhere before being joined by Tegan Nox as we cut back to the ring.

*CHACHALALA*

A decent pop from the live crowd as FANDANGO makes his way out dancing to his theme song and is soon joined by his tag team partner TYLER BREEZE! The commentary team confirms that this match was made after the issues between Breeze and Noam Dar before the draft with Fandango wanting to give Dar a lesson in respect.

Boos from the crowd as NOAM DAR walks out and heads toward the ring, cockily chewing gum and insulting the crowd too. He taunts the fans and taunts the men in the ring promising that they can go to the retirement home when he is done. Breeze looks especially annoyed as Dar slides into the ring. The referee calls for the bell to get this match underway.

Match 3: Noam Dar vs Fandango w/Tyler Breeze

Match summary:
Noam Dar during the match is even more cocky than normal. Fandango stays calm and relaxed during the match, keeping alive against the former Cruiserweight Champion. In the closing stages, Dar gets lazy and goes to mess with the turnbuckle but the referee sees this and goes to fix it. Dar though pulls a weapon out of his boots to hit Dango… BUT BREEZE CLOCKS HIM WITH SELFIE STICK INSTEAD! Cheers from the crowd as Fandango climbs to the top rope and hits THE LAST DANCE (Diving leg drop)! Fandango makes the cover and picks up a big win!

Winner via pinfall: Fandango (5:39)

Cheers from the crowd as Breezeango celebrate their victory tonight by taking a bunch of selfie shots with the fans in the front few rows. Noam Dar meanwhile in the ring throws a hissy fit and gets right in the referee’s face shouting he was cheated as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we cut to the backstage area as BETH PHOENIX is shown in her locker room getting ready for tonight’s main event and her first Women’s Universal title defense. She has the Women’s Universal title around her waist and we can see her best friend NATALYA walk into the room with a smile. Beth gets back to her feet and greets her friend.

Beth Phoenix: You here to do some early scouting?

Nattie chuckles.

Natalya: Hey I am a Hart. I’ve already done a lifetime of scouting.

It’s Beth's turn to have a slight laugh as Natalya carries on.

Natalya: You better not lose that to Nia tonight.

Beth shakes her head.

Beth Phoenix: This may be my final year but I’ve still got a lot of fight left in me Nattie. I don’t intend on letting go of this title any time soon.

Natalya nods before The Divas of Doom share a hug to bring the segment to a close as we cut elsewhere backstage as…

CHARLY CARUSO is standing backstage ready for an interview!

Charly Caruso:
It has been an action-packed first Raw after the draft but right now I have a man who is famous for bringing destruction and action. Please welcome my guest at this time: SAMOA JOE!

Joe walks into the shot in a nice shirt with a scowl on his face and is not happy as Charly asks her first question.

Charly Caruso: Two weeks ago you defeated Lio Rush on Raw. Did he impress you enough to consider the offer from the Hurt Business?

Joe shakes his head.

Samoa Joe: Lio showed a lot of skill. A lot of heart but I see that every time I step in the ring and I crush it each time!

Joe clenches his fist.

Samoa Joe: I’m a destroyer and people like Lio are usually the first I destroy.

Charly Caruso:
Well it seems Swerve is not impressed by your rejection. What do you have to say in response to his comments?

Joe smirks though there is some anger behind the smirk.

Samoa Joe:
Swerve I see a lot of potential. He is young. But young men make stupid mistakes.

Joe’s face turns sinister as he looks directly at Charly.

Samoa Joe: He thinks I disrespected him? He is welcome to fight me and prove my disrespect wrong but his short and promising career might be put out of business very soon.

Joe walks off on that ominous note bringing the promo to an end as the show goes to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we cut to THE HURT BUSINESS who are standing backstage in fine suits. MVP and ISAIAH “SWERVE” STRICKLAND stand front and center with LIO RUSH hanging around in the background.

MVP: Joe I think there was some misunderstanding because Swerve didn’t mean you any disrespect.

Swerve pulls a face as MVP carries on.

MVP: See Joe he was…

Isaiah Swerve Strickland:
Nah.

MVP stops and turns to Swerve who angrily looks at the camera.

I meant it with disrespect because Joe disrespected us.

MVP shakes his head not agreeing with Swerve’s tone here.

He turned us down. He treated Lio like he was someone beneath him. And I’ll tell you this, he will treat me with respect.

MVP: Swerve sometimes you need a bit of tact…

Isaiah Swerve Strickland: Men die for respect on a daily basis. Joe thinks he will kill me? I’ll go to Barrett and makes sure he sees me next week.

MVP puts his hands up.

MVP: Listen Swerve if that’s what you want I’ll support it but be careful.

Swerve gives a toothy grin.

Isaiah Swerve Strickland: I’m not the one who doesn’t know who he is dealing with.

Swerve walks off and heads elsewhere bringing the promo to an end as MVP looks wary and we cut back to the ring.

Upon cutting to the ring, we can see JINDER MAHAL standing in the ring with a microphone in hand and he has the SINGH BROTHERS at this side once again.

Jinder Mahal: I am now back on Monday Night Raw and look who is back at my side.

He points to the Singh Brothers who trash-talk the crowd off-mic.

Jinder Mahal: You people might have forgotten but I am a former WWE Champion and I demand to be treated like one!

Boos from the crowd who have not forgotten that mistake.

Jinder Mahal: And with these Bollywood stars by my side no group in the WWE can stop us!

The boos carry on for a moment before…

A loud pop from the live crowd as BRITISH STRONG STYLE makes their way out to the top of the entrance ramp. TRENT SEVEN standing in the middle twirling his mustache whilst PETE DUNNE looks grumpy as always and TYLER BATE has a smile on his face as the unit heads to the ring. The commentary puts over them being the dominant force on the UK scene and their record in NXT UK and NXT. The trio gets onto the ring apron as Tyler Bate starts for them whilst Jinder Mahal starts for the heels as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway.

Match 4: British Strong Style vs Jinder Mahal and The Singh Brothers

Match summary: This match is more of a showcase for the British Strong Style faction on Monday Night Raw as they control the majority of the match. Tyler especially when in the ring against Jinder Mahal shows off his insane power tossing around the larger opponent with ease. In the end, though Pete Dunne traps Samir Singh in the middle of the ring and snaps his fingers before locking in an ARMBAR twisting the hand and fingers to pick up the win!

Winners via submission: British Strong Style (5:58)

Cheers from the live crowd as British Strong Style all get into the middle of the ring together and celebrate the victory! They stand tall as the commentary team reminds us that Pete Dunne has the chance to earn a Cruiserweight title shot at Armageddon next week on Raw before the camera cut to a hallway backstage as DREW MCINTYRE is heading to the ring next after the commercial break!

Ad break

*BROKEN DREAMS*

Loud cheers from the live crowd as DREW MCINTYRE makes his way out to the ring slowly. He has the WWE title around his waist and has a big smile on his face as he steps inside the ring. The commentary team put over him ending the reign of Roman Reigns on Smackdown and wonders how long Drew will keep the WWE title now he is on Raw! Drew stands in the middle of the ring ready to speak.

Drew McIntyre:
What a welcome to Monday Night Raw!

Cheers from the live crowd who gets even louder.

Drew McIntyre: I had a good time on Smackdown and finally…

He unhooks the WWE title from his waist and lifts it into the air for the live crowd to see.

Drew McIntyre:
Made it to the top of the mountain!

The crowd starts up a "you deserve it" chant bringing a smile to Drew’s face.

Drew McIntyre: I do because I put in the work to earn this! I went around the world after getting let go from here and forced my way back till I became undeniable!

The crowd are massively behind Drew who is fired up as he walks around the ring.

Drew McIntyre: But the hard work isn’t over!

He puts the title back on his shoulder.

Drew McIntyre: I don’t intend of giving up my spot at the top lightly!

He walks towards the ropes and points up the entrance ramp.

Drew McIntyre: I’m a fighting champion so I want to know who wants to step up and have a fight with…

A pretty decent pop from the live crowd as the Celtic Warrior SHEAMUS marches out onto the entrance ramp taking Drew by surprise! He takes his time walking down the entrance ramp as the commentary team fills us in on the friendship these two men have. Sheamus once in the ring smiles as he is passed a microphone by a stagehand.

Sheamus:
Drew, I’ve said this to you privately but I wanted to come out here and say it to your face. You deserve that title.

A cheap pop and cheers from the crowd as Drew acknowledges the praise from his friend.

Sheamus: You know I’ve seen the work you’ve done not just here but in the gym with me to make sure you achieved your dream and I could not be prouder of you fella!

A big smile appears on Drew's face as Sheamus gives him a ton of praise.

Sheamus: Seeing you kick Roman’s arse at Wrestlemania was beautiful! And the beers we had that night to celebrate!

He grabs Drew pulling him for an embrace!

Sheamus:
But I haven’t just come out here to boost your ego!

Drew chuckles.

Drew McIntyre:
Oh haven’t you?

Sheamus smiles before looking Drew dead in the eyes.

Sheamus:
You were looking for a fight fella? Let’s have a fight for that!

Cheers from the crowd excited at the prospect of Sheamus and Drew going head to head at Armageddon. Drew has a smile on his face relishing the possibility of the fight but before he can accept…

A massive mixed reaction but it is 85% boos from the live crowd after RANDY ORTON attacked SAMI ZAYN earlier in the night! He has a scowl on his face and Drew is glaring at his rival from earlier in the year. Randy lifts the microphone up to speak.

Randy Orton: Drew did you think that I forgot about you whilst I was gone?

Drew lifts his microphone up to speak.

Drew McIntyre: I don’t know Randy, did you forget what happened last time you stepped into the ring with me?

Cheers from the crowd as Randy scowls at him before carrying on.

Randy Orton:
I want the WWE title back and I promised I would take it from you. I just took the long route.

Sheamus at this point turns to face Randy at the top of the entrance ramp.

Sheamus:
Oi fella, last time you were in this ring you were put in an ambulance. Step into this ring right now and I’ll send you back to the hospital one more time!

Randy glares at him and looks to respond.

Randy Orton: I already punted him in the skull why don’t I punt you in the skull right now?

Boos from the crowd as Sheamus walks forward.

Sheamus: Enough talk! Let’s fight!

Sheamus drops the microphone and leaves the ring ready to fight Orton with Drew joining his friend but before anything can happen…

Cheers once again as WADE BARRETT makes the third appearance of the night in front of the live crowd! He looks annoyed having to already had to interrupt superstars already as he gets ready to speak.

Wade Barrett: Randy it seems you’ve not learned from your time on Smackdown!

Randy glares at Wade but wisely stays silent for the moment.

Wade Barrett: I run this show and you can’t injure people till you get a shot at the title, you have to earn it!

Cheers from the crowd as Wade turns to Sheamus and Drew in the ring.

Wade Barrett: Even if you are a friend of mine like you two!

Both Sheamus and Drew nod acknowledging that the response from the commissioner having no problem with no favoritism.

Wade Barrett:
So next week in the main event, it will be Sheamus versus Randy Orton with the winner fighting Drew McIntyre for the WWE title at Armageddon!

A loud pop from the crowd excited for the match-up signed for next week’s show as the commentary team put over the history Sheamus and Randy share over the title in the past but also Drew’s history with the other two men as we cut to commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see ARIYA DAVARI already standing in the ring ready for action.

A decent pop from the live crowd as AKIRA TOZAWA makes his way out to the ring for action joined by his tag team partner TITUS O’NEIL! The commentary team put over this being a good opportunity for Akira to gain some momentum ahead of the number one contender’s match next week. The referee calls for the bell and this match is underway!

Match 5: Akira Tozawa w/Titus O’Neil vs Ariya Davari

Match summary: A short match that once again serves as a showcase and to give Akira a win now he is on Monday Night Raw. He ends up putting away Airya Davari with a BRIDGING GERMAN SUPLEX and picks up the win!

Winner via pinfall: Akira Tozawa (4:07)

Akira gets to his feet and is joined by his tag team partner Titus who embraces him and raises his tag team partner as they celebrate a win on his return to Raw. The commentary team mentions he could be a dark horse and might become the number-one contender to the Cruiserweight title next week. As the celebrations carry on we cut to the backstage area as…

RENEE YOUNG is standing backstage with a microphone ready for an interview.

Renee Young: My guests at this time are the newest group on Monday Night Raw who are looking to take over the brand. Please welcome BRITISH STRONG STYLE!

PETE DUNNE, TYLER BATE and TRENT SEVEN all walk into the shot with Trent smiling as he stands in front of Renee with the two younger superstars behind him.

Renee Young: Gentlemen a good debut on Monday Night Raw earlier tonight.

Tyler nods whilst Pete stays stoic as Trent speaks for the pair of them.

Trent Seven: Thank you, Renee. Myself, Tyler and Peter have always worked well as a team and took the United Kingdom by storm. Hell, these two men were basically the founding fathers of NXT UK battling for the NXT UK title.

He looks at Tyler Bate first.

Trent Seven: The first-ever NXT UK Champion, a tag team champion with myself in the past and a former NXT Cruiserweight Champion.

He next turns to Pete Dunne.

Trent Seven: This man is the longest-ever reigning NXT UK Champion and a former Intercontinental Champion.

Dunne remains stoic not caring about the praise being laid on him.

Trent Seven: And myself, well I was the man who spotted just how talented these two are. I don’t have long left but these two are future World champions.

A bold claim from Trent Seven.

Renee Young: What is your plan now you are on Monday Night Raw?

Trent Seven: Our plan is what it has always been. To win as many titles as we can and Peter here will start with the Cruiserweight title whilst myself and Tyler will try to become World tag team champions!

???: Is that so?

Off-screen we can hear the voice of ZELINA VEGA who stands in front of British Strong Style with her clients: ANDRADE CIEN ALMAS, CESARO, ILJA DRAGUNOV and ANGEL GARZA! The two groups stare each other down as Zelina speaks.

Zelina Vega: I know you might be new around here but Raw is already Ungovernables territory.

The champions all show off their titles as Andrade steps forward taking off his sunglasses.

Andrade Cien Almas: I would recommend knowing your place.

Pete Dunne steps forward ready for a fight but Trent looks to calm him down.

Trent Seven: Lads, for now we will be the bigger men.

He looks at Andrade’s waist and sees the lack of title smirking before looking at him again.

Trent Seven: Our focus is on gold old chap.

He smirks as he walks off leading the rest of British Strong Style elsewhere whilst Andrade is left fuming at the dig as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see NIA JAX walking through the back nearby the gorilla position when she is stopped by CHARLY CARUSO!

Charly Caruso: Nia, how are you feeling ahead of tonight’s main event?

Nia smirks.

Nia Jax:
I’m about to get the title shot I have been owed since Wrestlemania!

She points at herself.

Nia Jax: I shouldn’t have even had to wait for this, I should be awarded the title once it was known Becky couldn’t compete.

She stops herself.

Nia Jax:
Or maybe Becky knew what I would do to her face again and needed an excuse to hide!

Loud boos in the arena and Charly ain’t impressed either.

Charly Caruso: That’s a pretty vile thing to imply.

Nia doesn’t care though.

Nia Jax: I’m a monster Charly. I’m not here to make friends. I’m here to destroy people unlike the fake monster Piper Niven.

Another dig at the newly debuted Piper.

Nia Jax: She is too nice to be the true monster around here…

As she says that PIPER NIVEN appears in front of her leading to a staredown before Piper smirks.

Piper Niven:
Why don’t I show you what I can do then when I want to destroy one?

Piper walks off and heads towards the ring leaving Nia Jax looking furious before we cut back to the ring…

As commentary talks about what we’ve just seen as LANA is standing in the ring waiting for her opponent who is…

PIPER NIVEN walks out getting a decent pop from the live crowd as the commentary team hypes up her power and ability to destroy opponents on NXT UK. She has a smile before the bell whilst Lana looks terrified as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway.

Match 6: Piper Niven vs Lana

Match summary: Piper Niven runs through Lana with ease and slams her down with a MICHINOKU DRIVER II to pick up the easy win!

Winner via pinfall: Piper Niven (0:41)

Cheers from the live crowd as Piper Niven gets to her feet and celebrates the victory whilst the commentary team speculates if there is a new dominant force on Monday Night Raw as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see BARON CORBIN walking through the backstage area with a smirk on his face before being stopped by RENEE YOUNG looking for a few words with the newest Raw superstar.

Renee Young:
Corbin, you are now a part of the Monday Night Raw roster once again.

Corbin smiles.

Baron Corbin: And look how blessed everyone is to have me back!

Corbin sticks his arms out with a smarmy smile.

Renee Young: You had a bit of a rough time on Smackdown and some would say your career even went backward.

Corbin pulls a bemused face.

Baron Corbin: Listen everyone has a bad year but right now is the start of a new era and I will crush whoever gets in my way.

He turns to Renee smirking.

Baron Corbin: Plenty of Cruiserweights around here for me to show they don’t measure up to my size.

Upon hearing that KALISTO and LINCE DORADO walk up to Corbin.

Kalisto: I see you are still doing what you always have done. Showing disrespect to everyone.

Lince Dorado: Show us Luchadores some respect.

Corbin shakes his head.

Baron Corbin: Why would I show you any respect?

He points at Kalisto and gets in his face.

Baron Corbin: I mean I still remember leaving your broken body in a pile of chairs.

Kalisto looks to start a fight but Lince keeps him calm for the moment.

Kalisto:
You want to fight again? I’ll see you next week.

Baron chuckles as Kalisto and Lince walk off.

Baron Corbin: It won’t be a fight it will be a squash.

Baron turns to Renee who looks unimpressed with his bad joke before we cut back to the ring as…

HUMBERTO CARRILLO is standing in the ring ready for action. As he jogs around the ring ready for action, the commentary team gives us a rundown of next week’s matches confirmed so far:

• Baron Corbin vs Kalisto (with Elias throwing a bunch of jibes at Corbin)
  • Dakota Kai vs Franky Monet
  • Samoa Joe vs Isaiah “Swerve” Strickland
  • Number one contender’s triple threat match for the tag team titles: Mustache Mountain vs The One Twos vs Breezango
  • Number one contender’s fatal 4-way for the Cruiserweight title: Dolph Ziggler vs Mustafa Ali vs Pete Dunne vs Akira Tozawa
  • Number one contender’s match for the Intercontinental title: The Miz vs Xavier Woods
  • Intercontinental title match: John Morrison © vs Ricochet
  • Main event: Number one contender’s match for the WWE title: Sheamus vs Randy Orton

ONEY LORCAN walks out to the ring with a scowl on his face as he gets boos from the crowd. He is joined by his tag team partner DANNY BURCH on the way to the ring as the commentary team mentions a win tonight gives the One Twos the chance to gain momentum ahead of the number one contender’s match next week. Oney steps into the ring as Humberto jumps around the ring as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway.

Match 7: Oney Lorcan w/Danny Burch vs Humberto Carrillo

Match summary: Oney lays into Humberto during the match with a series of hard forearms and kicks as he lays into the young high-flier. Humberto puts on a good performance and scares Oney Lorcan on a couple of occasions. In the end, Oney Lorcan scoops Humberto Carrillo up and hits the HALF AND HALF SUPLEX! Oney holds on for the bridge picking up a win!

Winner via pinfall: Oney Lorcan (5:30)

Oney gets to his feet and doesn’t really celebrate instead glaring at the camera. Danny Burch slides into the ring joining his tag team partner and raises his hand into the air. Michael Cole puts over Oney Lorcan and wonders if we could see The One Twos versus The Ungovernables at Armageddon! As they celebrate, we cut to the backstage area as BETH PHOENIX is shown walking to the ring ready for tonight’s main event!

Ad break

*FORCE OF GREATNESS*

Loud boos from the live crowd as we return from the commercial break and NIA JAX is walking to the ring. She looks at the crowd with disdain as the commentary team recaps how Nia earned this title shot (winning the Miss Elizabeth battle royal) and wonders if Beth two nights removed from winning the Women’s Universal title can take down the giantess!

A loud pop from the live crowd as BETH PHOENIX walks out to the ring with the Women’s Universal title around her waist. She is joined by her tag team partner NATALYA who shows support to her friend before the match. Nia talks trash to Nattie and Beth but the champion remains calm as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway!

Main event: Women’s Universal title match: Beth Phoenix w/Natalya © vs Nia Jax

Match summary: Nia Jax starts off the match overpowering Beth and sending her across the ring, taking advantage of the fact she has a power edge. Beth using her veteran experience starts to make a fight back fairly quickly and goes to work slowly chipping down Nia Jax, looking to bring her off her feet and work over here. However as the match is going on Michael Cole hears a commotion and we cut backstage as TEAM KICK ARE SHOWN LAID OUT IN THE LOCKER ROOM!

The commentary team wonders what is going on as back in the ring both women start trading strikes with each other and trying to take one another down in the ring. Nia starts to gain the edge and looks like going for a POWERBOMB… BUT BETH FIGHTS OUT OF IT! However once again the focus is not on the ring as we cut backstage once again and this time CHARLOTTE FLAIR IS LAID OUT BACKSTAGE IN A LOCKER ROOM!

Michael Cole and Elias are both questioning what is going on backstage and there is a commotion. Back in the ring Beth lines Nia Jax up and connects with a SPEAR! Beth makes the cover 1 2 Nia kicks out! Beth shakes her head before looking down at Nia hitting her with a series of forearms to the head and lifting her into the air ready to go for THE GLAM SLAM…

RONDA ROUSEY AND SHAYNA BASZLER INVADE THE RING ATTACKING BOTH WOMEN!?!

Winner: No Contest (7:21)

The WWE Women’s tag team champions lay a beatdown on Beth Phoenix and Nia Jax in the ring using the tag titles and the Money in the Bank briefcase as weapons. Natalya tries to make the save but she is stopped by Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir who beat her down with a pair of kendo sticks! The Queen of Harts can’t fight back and she gets taken out by Duke and Shafir who dual powerbomb into the timekeeper’s area laying her out!

The commentary team meanwhile says that it must have been the MMA Horsewomen who attacked Team Kick and Charlotte backstage, leaving them wide open to do this! Ronda and Shayna meanwhile get Nia Jax out of the ring before calling Marina and Jessamyn to join them. They get her towards the top of the entrance ramp before pulling apart the commentary desk. The four women all lift Nia Jax up and PUT HER THROUGH THE ANNOUNCE TABLE!

The crowd is a bit unsure how to react due to their dislike of Nia but soon turns to boos once the group starts to gloat. They look back at the ring with Beth Phoenix struggling to her feet and start to walk down the entrance ramp as Shayna gets to the bottom of the ramp and picks up her MONEY IN THE BANK BRIEFCASE! The crowd boos loudly not wanting to see her win but Shayna smirks as she passes the briefcase to the referee who heads to the timekeeper and…

Mike Rome: Shayna Baszler will be cashing in her Money in the Bank briefcase right now!

Boos for the announcement as Shayna smirks and the rest of the MMA Horsewomen surround the ring as the referee calls for the bell to get the real main event underway!

Main event: Beth Phoenix © vs Shayna Baszler w/Ronda Rousey, Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir

Match summary: The bell rings and Shayna smirks to herself. Beth remains defiant as she glares at Shayna but she knows she has to end this quickly so goes right for a SPEAR… BUT SHAYNA COUNTERS WITH A KNEE TO THE HEAD! Beth is staggered and Shayna pounces looking to lock in the KIRIFUDA CLUTCH! Shayna wraps her entire body around Beth as she looks to choke the life out of Beth… BUT BETH USES HER POWER TO ESCAPE FROM THE HOLD!

Beth starts to fight back laying into Shayna with a bunch of strikes and tries to lift her up for the GLAM SLAM… BUT SHAYNA COUNTERS INTO AN ARMBAR! She reaches for the ropes and gets a hold of them but Shayna keeps it locked in till the count of 4! Once she lets go she argues with the referee as RONDA CLOCKS BETH WITH A CHEAP SHOT! She falls back and Shayna grabs Beth’s arm bending it before STOMPING ON THE ARM CRUSHING IT!

Boos ring out as Beth screams in pain and Shayna locks in another ARMBAR LOCKING HER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING! She tears and tears on the arm trying to force Beth to tap out! Outside the ring meanwhile, NATALYA HAS WOKEN UP OUT OF THE TIMEKEEPER’S AREA AND TRIES TO FIGHT BACK BUT IS CUT OFF BY RONDA ROUSEY! Shayna shouts instructions to the outside but the slight loss of focus allows Beth to use all her remaining power to POWERBOMB SHAYNA WITH ONE ARM!

She can’t make the cover though due to the pain and rolls to the ropes using them to rise to her feet as she catches Shayna with a SPEAR! Beth makes the cover 1 2 Shayna kicks out! Beth though knows she needs to end this now and tries to scoop Shayna up for the GLAM SLAM BUT SHAYNA ESCAPES THANKS TO THE DAMAGE TO THE ARM AND LOCKS HER IN THE KIRIFUDA CLUTCH IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING! Beth tries and tries and tries and tries to escape… BUT SHE PASSES OUT!

Winner via submission and NEW Women’s Universal Champion: Shayna Baszler (2:31)

The new champion Shayna Baszler gets to her feet and smugly stands in the ring being passed not only her Women’s tag team titles but now also her newly won Women’s Universal title. She is joined by Ronda in the ring who looks at the downed Beth and shouts something to Duke. Duke slides out of the ring and GRABS A STEEL CHAIR! She grabs it and places it around Beth's arm before SHAYNA STOMPS ON IT! The commentary team speculates that it might be broken as a bunch of medics slide into the ring and Monday Night Raw comes to an end with Shayna Baszler shouting at the camera she is now the CHAMP CHAMP as we fade to black!

Matches confirmed for next week:

Main event: Number one contender’s match for the WWE title
Sheamus vs Randy Orton

Intercontinental title match:
John Morrison © vs Ricochet

Number one contender’s match for the Intercontinental title:
The Miz vs Xavier Woods

Number one contender’s fatal 4-way match for the Cruiserweight title:
Mustafa Ali vs Dolph Ziggler vs Pete Dunne vs Akira Tozawa

Number one contender’s triple threat match for the World tag team titles:
Mustache Mountain vs The One Twos vs Breezeango

Singles match
Samoa Joe vs Isaiah “Swerve” Scott

Singles match
Dakota Kai vs Franky Monet

Singles match
Baron Corbin vs Kalisto

Matchcard for Armageddon:

Kansas City, Missouri
July 5th

WWE title match:
Drew McIntyre © vs Sheamus or Randy Orton

Women’s Universal title match:
Shayna Baszler © vs Natalya

Intercontinental title match:
John Morrison or Ricochet © vs The Miz or Xavier Woods

Cruiserweight title match:
Angel Garza © vs Mustafa Ali or Dolph Ziggler or Pete Dunne or Akira Tozawa

World tag team titles match:
The Ungovernables © vs Mustache Mountain or The One Twos or Breezeango

Number contender’s match for the WWE title at Summerslam:
Brock Lesnar vs Andrade Cien Almas

Matchcard for Summerslam:
Toronto, Canada

August 23rd

WWE title match:
Drew McIntyre or Sheamus or Randy Orton © vs Brock Lesnar or Andrade Cien Almas

EWR Rating:

60%

Last edited:

Deco90

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
So, before I offer some thoughts on the show bro - Just wanted to say I think you've done a great job with whole build up and creation of the Queen of the Ring! Having it across all shows, past, present & future superstars - It's felt like such a HUGE deal and kudos for that Roy, good job dude! :)

Paige joining commentary, a small touch but it adds to the occasion really nicely.

A low-key dream match to start the show with the IIconics vs Trish & Lita. I'm 100% Stratisfied with this one. Good match and the correct winner to start the show on a happy positive note.

Again, small detail but I like that you've included who Charlotte & Rhea beat as examples to reach this point in the tournament. Serves as a good remainder and also shows their respective journeys in the story and tournament.

Really good Quarter-Final match! Rhea forced to eventually tap and Charlotte moves on. Great showing though for Rhea Ripley despite the injury and the future is going to be bright with her in this BTB I'm convinced.

Nice win for Nox! Almost had me on the count-out, I thought the match was going to be over there.

Piper vs Phoenix next and what a match up this would be! Piper Niven with some impressive victories as well. As expected, this a step to far for Piper but it's another good showing and she pushes Beth all the way. Nice job!

HUGE win for Tay Conti! Beating Sasha could be career defining and she progresses to the Semi-Finals.

Nice to see the Women's Tag Team Titles feature in such a prominent match. ANNDDDD NEWWWW! I didn't mind which way this one went so I'm cool with Shayna & Ronda picking up the victory! Great match and the ending was cool too.

Poor Conti - Flair stealing her way to victory! What a showing for Conti in this tournament though and I don't think she's going to be done with Charlotte going forward.

So, like Conti previously - Great showing from Tegan in the tournament as well. Again, Kudos man! I think you've showcased some less favourable people very well using the Queen of the Ring format. Beth Phoenix though picks up the win and man, that's a big fight feel for the Queen of the Ring Final now. Awesome!

No Holds Barred next and I think after the matches we've had previously, this one serves as a nice break from the 'normal' matches as I fancy this one is going to be a brawl. Well.. This was a BRAWL indeed. I loved the little detail of Ember using the Charlotte picture frame to smash over Asuka Haha! So creative. Even Ember using the chair to block the mist was nice! I can't recall if I've seen that before IRL? This has been my favourite match so far! This was great man! Asuka tapping out as well, and it's the second time that Ember has done it is a big deal. Going to be interesting to see how Asuka bounces back from here, or if she has any self-doubt issues when it comes to Ember who seems to have her number that's for sure.

Nice promo's from both Beth & Charlotte! A real dream match up here!

Despite the pain, the agony - Beth Phoenix rises up to claim the honour of becoming; Queen of the Ring! I have to say, I didn't really know who I thought would win this at the start, but I didn't think it would be Beth, but I'm definitely cool with the outcome and it's great to see her not only become Queen, but of course a Champion once more!

I liked the respect shown with Charlotte and then Becky coming out to congratulate Beth Phoenix.

Overall; I really enjoyed this show mate! I think you've done such a good job of creating and building this whole Queen of the Ring concept and running it across all the brands. I'm enjoying what you're doing overall too with this BTB and I can't wait to see more. I know you've got the Draft shows coming up, and I've had a notification to say you've posted Raw while I'm typing this review so I'll catch up when I can man. Well done bro! :)

• Love

Tg11

Reaction score
Post Draft show ushering in a new era here on RAW...new roster new rivalries and new superstars

Charlotte Flair opening up RAW and when it looks like she's about to challenge for the RAW Women's Championship, she is interrupted by all 4 members of the MMA Horsewomen (WWE Women's Tag Team Champions Ronda Rousey & Ms Money in the Bank Shayna Baszler, Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke)...this is unexpected

But seeing the MMA Horsewomen take out Charlotte and leave her laying...I was expecting them to do more damage to Charlotte and put her on the shelf. That would have been the perfect way to write Charlotte off TV and have her go on a long sabbatical.

Seeing the Medusa Complex of all people make the save for Charlotte Flair was unexpected also but then it leads to them facing off against the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler in a Championship match to kick off post Draft RAW...I love it

Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler retaining their WWE Women's Tag Team Championship against Medusa Complex...is there anyone who could beat Rousey & Baszler for those titles?

Rousey and Baszler injure Medusa Complex post match and take them out...is there anyone who can stop this group? What better way to make statements than they have right now

John Morrison the WWE Intercontinental Champion along with his wife Franky Monet and his bodyguard Rowan...they are on a new brand now, now that they are on RAW, it begs the question of who goes after Morrison for that title? Of course Miz interrupts Morrison...it had to be Miz but then Xavier Woods of all people, he too wants a shot at the IC Title. It makes me wonder who gets it?

Woods vs Miz and the winner gets Morrison for the IC Title at Armageddon...I can't wait

Hurt Business trying to recruit Mr Money in the Bank Big E but Big E turns them down...it makes me wonder if anyone will want to join them? I mean Samoa Joe has rejected them and so has Big E now

I have a feeling Lashley whenever he comes back, he joins the RAW roster and he ends up joining The Hurt Business becoming its leader

I love that The Hurt Business wear suits and ties going on full tux...best dressed group on RAW and it's not even close. Ungovernables don't dress like the Hurt Business does and neither do The New Day either or even British Strong Style.

I knew Randy Orton was not done with Sami Zayn. I knew he would want his revenge on Zayn especially after the Ambulance Match at Judgment Day and Zayn basically cost Orton that match against Kevin Owens. Orton wanting his get back makes sense so he RKOs Sami after his match with Angelo Dawkins. Dawkins trying to make the save for Sami but Orton slithers away before Dawkins can get to him. VIPER STRIKES!!!

Ungovernables may think they run RAW but last I checked they don't have the WWE Universal Championship in their possession anymore. Aleister Black was drafted over to Friday nights on Smackdown so you guys can't touch him. Now Andrade the leader of The Ungovernables, the only one who doesn't have any gold in his stable wants the WWE Championship. He wants McIntyre now. I guess that doesn't surprise me especially now that Black is gone. Andrade and McIntyre do have a history that dates back to NXT and on the main roster they've never faced each other yet.

Heyman brings Zelina and her group back to Earth because Brock isn't done with them or with Andrade yet...I figured as much.

Lesnar vs Andrade at Armageddon and the winner gets a WWE Championship match at SummerSlam in the main event...I can't wait. Ungovernables banned from ringside as well. Finally. Andrade just may be going to Suplex City.

Ricochet he too also wants the IC Title...makes sense because of his history with Morrison

Sheamus wants the WWE Championship but then so does Randy Orton...they too have a long history with each other so to see this rivalry renewed, should be interesting. Winner gets WWE Champion Drew McIntyre at Armageddon. I have to go with Sheamus. Why? Because if Orton thinks he's getting a title shot anytime soon, it is not going to happen. Why? Because of Sami Zayn...as long as Sami is around on Monday nights, Orton is not touching that title.

British Strong Style/Ungovernables...SHOTS FIRED!!! Trent Seven, Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne owned them on the mic backstage with those digs basically reminding Andrade he's no longer Champion because he isn't.

MMA Horsewomen making another impact to end the show with them attacking both Beth Phoenix the RAW Women's Champion and Nia Jax who is a monster and they managed to take her out also. They take out Natalya, Team Kick and Charlotte Flair all in the span of one night. This group as far as female stables go, they may be the most dominant in WWE history and they are certainly proving it right now.

Ms Money in the Bank Shayna Baszler picks her spot and cashes in her Money in the Bank on a prone and vulnerable RAW Women's Champion in Beth Phoenix...I knew the cash in would eventually happen and it happens on the first RAW after the Draft. This is huge.

Beth despite it managed to fight back but all for naught. Shayna cashes in successfully to become a double champion. She's RAW Women's Champion now and she's WWE Women's Tag Team Champions with Ronda. But can Rousey really be okay with her stalemate Shayna being RAW Women's Champion when Rousey isn't? I'm sure Ronda wanted the title back.

I can't wait to see the first Smackdown after the Draft with Aleister Black as WWE Universal Champion and leading that brand into a new era. But also we get to see The Church of Rollins and we get to see people like Edge, The Club, and The Bloodline being formed on Smackdown. Roman Reigns I'm sure he's going to challenge Black for that title.

But in this Diary, I definitely hope we see Cody Rhodes return to the company.

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
I'm not going to give an exhaustive comment but will just pick out a few things I really liked about the show post the draft which is making things feel fresh.

-I'm all for Drew McIntyre facing off with Sheamus as I assume we're getting Orton vs. Zayn at Armageddon with their issues. I don't see Sheamus winning but it is a nice defence for Drew to further establish him.

-Shayna winning the title via Money in the Bank was a smart call as I don't really think Beth needs to be holding a title at this juncture in her career. I'm sure she will get a rematch but I expect Shayna to hold the title for some time.

-I'm intrigued by MVP trying to recruit Big E and where that might go. I wouldn't mind E becoming a heel but I don't think you are going to swerve us here and I see him staying face which probably suits his character a bit more.

-Wade Barrett as the GM is a really good choice because of his background in the ring. I do think having him come out three times was a lot, I'd have perhaps done something backstage for one of them as it felt repetitive.

-My only other criticism is all the number one contender's matches. On one hand, I like it because you have to fight to get your opportunities. On the other hand, I think variety would make the show a bit more interesting so for one or two of them I'd have tried to think of a different way of doing things.

Overall, a really enjoyable show as always my friend and congrats on a well-deserved BTBOTM award for February!

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Mod note: Thank you DTP for the suggestion links to the themes which I have now done to basically help with loading space and they will be clickable through the text for the theme.

Smackdown Live
June 12th 2020
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Denny Sanford Centre

The new opening theme song finishes for Smackdown Live including the new opening video for the show. Once that finishes we pan around the Denny Sanford Centre before the commentary team welcomes us to the show. As they finish welcoming us to Smackdown…

A massive pop from the live crowd as the new Smackdown commissioner SHAWN MICHAELS makes his way out. He has a plaid shirt and jeans on plus a cowboy hat as he plays to the fans at ringside. The commentary team reminds us that HBK requested to be in charge of Smackdown Live wanting to give a brand he was never on the HBK experience. Shawn climbs into the ring and looks at the live crowd with a smile on his face.

HBK: South Dakota, welcome to Friday Night Smackdown!

A cheap pop but it is loud for the legend.

HBK:
Now I want to get down to business and give you fans an idea of how I’m going to be running this brand now it is under my watch.

He walks around the ring as a few fans start up a “one more match chant”. Shawn shakes his head however.

HBK: My time has come and gone guys. It’s now about the future.

Boos from a few fans in the crowd but the majority cheer for that (shame about the Saudi tag tho).

HBK: And that’s what the first main event under my leadership is going to be about!

He holds lifts his hand up getting a decent pop from the crowd.

HBK: In tonight’s main event we will find out who will be fighting Aleister Black for the Universal title at the Great American Bash in six weeks!

Cheers from the crowd excited at the prospect of learning who is next in line for a shot at Aleister Black.

HBK: In a twenty-man battle royal!

Another pop but slightly less loud for the confirmed main event but Shawn isn’t finished just yet.

HBK: And every man in the match, has never been a world champion before!

No TNA doesn’t count. The crowd cheers from the announcement as HBK smiles.

HBK:
I want to see new superstars making it to the top and grow the future in not only the men’s division but the women’s division as well!

Shawn wanders around the ring before stopping once again.

HBK: Last Saturday night at Queen of the Ring, Ember Moon put on one hell of a performance to defend her WWE Women’s title against Asuka!

Loud cheers and a mixture of chants for both women starts up.

HBK: But when you are a champion it is always about who is next in line so I had a look at the women on Smackdown and with the talent on this roster, it took me a while to decide her next challenger!

HBK smiles.

HBK:
It’s truly a good problem to have though.

He looks back at the crowd before moving to the ropes closest to the entrance ramp.

HBK: And I choose to look at the Queen of the Ring tournament to see who on Smackdown currently did the best in the tournament!

A cheap pop from the crowd as HBK takes a moment to see their response before carrying on.

HBK: And the person who did the best on Smackdown in the Queen of the Ring was Taynara Conti!

A decent pop from the live crowd for the Brazilian Badass!

HBK:
So in two weeks, in the main event of Smackdown Ember Moon will defend her WWE Women’s title against Taynara Conti!

A loud pop from the crowd excited to see the two babyfaces collide for the top title on Smackdown Live as HBK looks to wrap up his promo.

HBK: And we are going to see her in action right now!

A loud pop as TAYNARA CONTI walks out with a smile on her face as she heads to the ring before meeting HBK at the bottom of the entrance ramp. Conti shakes hands with HBK before heading to the ring as the commentary team confirms Taynara Conti will be in action after the commercial break!

Ad break

Match 1: Taynara Conti vs Mia Yim

Match summary:
When we return from the commercial break, we can see Taynara Conti’s opponent tonight is Mia Yim! Conti is in control as we return sending Mia Yim across the ring with a series of Judo throws. Taynara doesn’t stop there though as she charges at Mia Yim and lays into her with a series of kicks, peppering Mia but the veteran starts to fight back bringing Conti down to the mat with a DRAGON SCREW LEG WHIP! Mia gets on top and lays into Conti with a series of strikes.

Mia starts to use her veteran experience against Conti and looks to take away her kicks by working over Conti's legs. The commentary also mentions the damage Charlotte Flair would have done 6 nights ago. Conti though fights through it and starts to get Mia away from her using her forearms to lay Mia out. Conti then signals she is going for the end as she waits for her to get back to her feet before grabbing her by the head and hitting the DD-TAY! Conti makes the cover and picks up the win in her Smackdown Live debut!

Winner via pinfall: Taynara Conti (7:34)

A decent pop from the live crowd as Taynara gets to her feet and carries on her recent momentum on Friday Night Smackdown. Mia Yim meanwhile when she gets back up looks annoyed with the loss and storms off leaving the Brazilian badass to carry on her celebrations as the commentary team hypes up that she is on the hottest streak of her career and Ember’s title reign could be in danger as we cut backstage and see…

EMBER MOON watching the match backstage with a smile on her face before being approached by KAYLA BRAXTON!

Kayla Braxton: Ember, I can see you are doing a bit of scouting ahead of your next title match.

Ember turns to Kayla and smiles.

Ember Moon: Got to keep sharp especially when the competition keeps on coming.

Kayla Braxton: And Taynara Conti is in the hottest streak of her career. How do you prepare for someone who is at the top of their game?

Ember smiles.

Ember Moon: I mean by being at the top of my game myself. I know it sounds arrogant but look at this title.

She shows off her WWE Women’s title proudly before placing it back onto her shoulder.

Ember Moon: I’ve defeated Asuka twice now and I’ve defeated Charlotte Flair. Conti is great and will be a champion but right now, I’m the benchmark.

She walks towards Kayla.

Ember Moon: And the MMA Horsewomen know that!

Ooooh shots fired by Ember.

Ember Moon: They may be WWE Women’s tag team champions but whilst I hold this, it’s my division.

Ember walks off bringing the interview to a close, sending a strong message to the MMA Horsewomen as we cut to a video package.

The video package shows BIANCA BEL-AIR in action during her time in NXT as she speaks over the highlights.

Bianca Bel-air: My name is Bianca Bel-Air and I was the EST of NXT!

We see Bianca defeating Dakota Kai to become NXT Women’s Champion.

Bianca Bel-Air:
I am a former NXT Women’s Champion and I was the fastEST…

We cut to clips of her on a running track.

Bianca Bel-Air: StongEST…

We see her in the gym lifting an insane amount of weights.

Bianca Bel-Air: And the smartEST!

We see her in a room studying and watching some of her opponents from NXT on the TV.

Bianca Bel-Air:
In three weeks I come to Smackdown Live and trust me, I have an un-de-feat-ed mindset. No one is going to stop me.

The video package ends as we see a graphic confirming Bel-Air’s Smackdown debut in three weeks!

Ad break

*FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES*

A loud pop from the live crowd as we return from the commercial break and DANIEL BRYAN makes his way out to the ring. He doesn’t look totally happy but walks down the entrance ramp with a microphone in his hand. The commentary team mentions his recent issues with John Morrison but with the Intercontinental Champion now on Monday Night Raw, he won’t be able to get revenge on him. Daniel climbs into the ring and looks at the crowd as he gets ready to speak taking his time.

Daniel Bryan: In another year, I would have been one hundred percent happy to be on Smackdown under the watch of my former trainer Shawn Michaels.

An HBK chant starts up from the crowd as Bryan remains angry.

Daniel Bryan: I love Smackdown and I’ve always preferred being on the wrestling brand.

Bryan ain’t a fan of that Sports entertainment JAS stuff.

Daniel Bryan: But my focus the last month has been getting my Intercontinental title back!

Bryan clenches his fist and carries on pacing around the ring.

Daniel Bryan: John Morrison, I’ll give him some credit. He came up with a smart plan because he knew he couldn’t beat me.

Bryan stops smiling.

Daniel Bryan:
I mean when you are second best to The Miz, you know you are in trouble.

Bryan can’t resist a dig at Miz.

Daniel Bryan: Erick Rowan.

Bryan glares at the camera as he addresses his former fellow Eco-Warrior.

Daniel Bryan: I hope the money is worth it because you will burn like this planet will if we don’t change things.

Bryan shakes his head getting a mixed reaction for that line which Bryan acknowledges.

Daniel Bryan:
I believe in saving the planet but my way of going about it has done more damage to the cause so I will stop my message for now.

Loud cheers from the crowd as Bryan seems to move away from his planet-champion mindset.

Daniel Bryan:
Instead since I can’t get my hands on Rowan and Morrison for now…

Have to wait till Royal Rumble time Bryan.

Daniel Bryan: I need to divert my focus elsewhere.

He looks at the crowd thinking for a moment before carrying on.

Daniel Bryan: And I need to get back to the top!

Bryan looks focused as he points up the entrance ramp.

Daniel Bryan: My focus now is on taking back my status as the best wrestler in the world!

He shouts it as he points at the mat full of fire and anger.

Daniel Bryan:
And starting next week, the American Dragon returns!

Daniel Bryan drops the microphone getting loud cheers from the crowd as the commentary team hypes up what Daniel Bryan said. They also talk about it being over a year since he had a shot at the world title and Aleister Black might have a future challenger in Daniel Bryan who is yet to hold the Universal title.

We then cut backstage as EDGE is speaking backstage to ZACK RYDER and CURT HAWKINS!

Edge: I stand by what I said, last week guys. Taking part in this war with Seth is dangerous for you two and I am sick of putting you in danger.

Zack Ryder: But it is our choice not yours bro!

Curt Hawkins: I’ve said it before and I will say it again. I spent months on the shelf watching at home. Now I’m back, I’m not going to run and hide when someone is trying to cause that same pain to others especially one of my idols.

Edge smiles but shakes his head.

Edge: Curt, Zack I appreciate it but look how dangerous this place is even compared to when I was running things!

He points backward towards a wall getting even more serious.

Edge: My wife is in the hospital right now after having her arm broken by Ronda and Shayna.

A sad update for the now former Women’s Universal Champion.

Edge: Big Show is still in the hospital after Seth’s last attack. I was no saint but I was an opportunist looking to take the title. Seth wants to end their careers!

???: A man truly after my own heart.

Edge, Zack and Curt all look confused as they turn around to see KARRION KROSS walking into the shot and he is joined by his siren SCARLETT BORDEAUX (still wearing a leg brace).

Karrion Kross: Edge, I too used to admire you. Used to.

Edge remains unfazed or bothered by this.

Karrion Kross: I saw someone who was willing to use anyone and everyone to get the power he wants. The power he craved…

He gets up close with Edge smiling before looking at Scarlett.

Karrion Kross: And any woman he craves.

Edge: Is this going somewhere? Cause I can assure you if I want something I get it. And right now I want you out of my face.

Kross smirks backing off as he quips to Scarlett.

Karrion Kross: Never meet your heroes they say.

Curt Hawkins at this point steps forward.

Curt Hawkins: Just who do you think you are?

Kross seems taken aback but Curt carries on.

Curt Hawkins: I know you are still new in the WWE but I will not let you disrespect him. I’m not in the main event tonight so why don’t me and you go one on one as I make you face the facts!

Kross chuckles.

Karrion Kross:
Well I am in the main event because I am a future World Champion…

Kross doesn’t even look at Curt, instead looking directly at Edge.

Karrion Kross:
But I could do with a little warm up.

Kross smirks walking off leaving Edge, Curt and Zack looking at him leave all looking angry as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break we can see EPICO and PRIMO already standing in the ring ready for action as…

A decent pop from the live crowd as THE WAR RAIDERS make their way out. Both look serious as they march to the ring ready for a fight with Epico and Primo looking terrified of their opponents. The commentary team mention the issues HANSON and ROWE have had with Bray Wyatt but they confirm that they will be focused on picking up the win tonight. Hanson starts for The War Raiders whilst Epico starts for their opponents.

Match 2: The War Raiders vs Epico and Primo

Match summary: The War Raiders batter Epico and Primo picking up an easy win hitting Primo with THE FALLOUT!

Winners via pinfall: The War Raiders (1:22)

Cheers from the crowd who are starting to get more and more popular with the fans. The War Raiders briefly celebrate their victory before asking for a pair of microphones. The person at ringside obliges and passes the duo the mics.

Hanson: Bray Wyatt!

A mixed reaction for that name.

Rowe: Enough games. Do you want a fight? Find a friend and meet us in this ring right now!

Cheers from the crowd excited at the prospect of a second War Raiders match as…

The usual firefly funhouse music plays on the titantron before we cut to BRAY WYATT standing in the Funhouse wearing his Mr. Rodgers red blazer and the signature “HURT” “HEAL” gloves as The War Raiders look annoyed.

Bray Wyatt: Hey kids, welcome…

Hanson: ENOUGH!

Bray looks a bit startled at the interruption as Rowe carries on.

Rowe: No more talk. We want to fight or we will find your funhouse and give it a Viking funeral!

An ominous threat that brings a crazy and psychotic laugh from Bray Wyatt.

Bray Wyatt: Find the Funhouse? AHAHA Find the Funhouse.

Bray can’t stop laughing making The War Raiders even angrier.

Bray Wyatt: You will never find the Funhouse unless I bring you to my Funhouse!

The theme music for the Funhouse places leaving the War Raiders standing in the ring annoyed and angry as the commentary team wonder what could be in store for them next? As they speculate we cut elsewhere backstage as...

SHAWN MICHAELS can be seen in his office having a conversation with SASHA BANKS (who gets a massive mixed reaction from the live crowd). Before we can hear what the two are talking about the door slams open and THE RIOTT SQUAD walks into the room with RUBY RIOTT leading the way and SARAH LOGAN following behind her. Shawn sighs before speaking.

HBK: Ruby, there is no need to slam my door when I have invited you into my office.

Ruby shakes her head marching forward as Logan hangs back.

Ruby Riott:
I should be next in line for a title shot not Conti and certainly not her!

She looks over at Sasha Banks which prompts the Boss to get to her feet and they go head-to-head.

Sasha Banks:
Big talk for someone who has never held a title.

Ruby looks ready to flip but Logan pulls her back calming her down as HBK rubs his temple.

HBK: Enough. I’ve already explained why Taynara Conti is getting the next shot at the WWE Women’s title.

Neither looks happy and don’t break eye contact with one another as HBK carries on.

HBK: But you two also did impress me during the Queen of the Ring tournament so in two weeks, you will fight each other in a number one contender’s match fighting the winner of Moon and Conti at The Great American Bash!

A big match is confirmed for the PPV as the two women smile but still glare at each other.

HBK: But next week, you three are going to team up.

That stops them from staring as they both look annoyed by that.

HBK: And you will be taking on Ember Moon, Taynara Conti and Xia Li! A little preview of the potential matches at the Bash.

Sasha turns to the Riott Squad and smirks.

Sasha Banks: Try not to hold me down like my last tag team partner did.

A shot is fired at her old friend Bayley as Sasha leaves the room bringing the segment to an end as we cut to the commentary team at ringside.

The commentary team hypes up the matches announced for not only next week and two weeks but also for The Great American Bash. They also then confirm on next week’s Smackdown we will hear from Lita and Trish Stratus after their win at the Queen of the Ring PPV. As they are saying this the camera cuts backstage as THE MMA HORSEWOMEN are shown walking down the hallway and heading to the ring after the commercial break!

Ad break

*KILL EM ALL*

Loud boos from the crowd as THE MMA HORSEWOMEN all walk out onto the stage. RONDA ROUSEY and SHAYNA BASZLER stand front and center with their WWE Women’s tag team titles around their waists and Shayna has the Women’s Universal title on her shoulder. The goons JESSAYMN DUKE and MARINA SHAFIR walk out behind them as the commentary team recaps what happened on Raw: Shayna Baszler cashed in on Beth Phoenix after the main event to become Women’s Universal Champion. The group all get in the ring as Ronda and Shayna are both passed microphones but are getting loud boos from the crowd which they wait to die down before Ronda speaks.

Ronda Rousey: Aw did you people not get what you wanted?

Ronda taunts the fans doing a crybaby taunt as Shayna smirks and the two goons belly laugh in the background acting like Ronda told an amazing joke.

Ronda Rousey: We warned you. We told you that this was going to be our show.

Shayna turns to Ronda.

Shayna Baszler: Maybe they didn’t expect reality to hit so soon!

She turns to the crowd as she ends that sentence and lifts her newest title into the air.

Shayna Baszler: You all thought that with these titles I was going after Ember Moon.

She shakes her head.

Shayna Baszler:
I’ve already taken a title from her in NXT. Why would I re-tread old ground?

Boos from the crowd as Shayna carries on.

Shayna Baszler: When I won this title, I had one name in mind. One person to bring everything they hold crumbling down in rubble around them.

Shayna scowls.

Shayna Baszler: Becky Lynch!

A massive pop from the live crowd as they chant for Becky which brings a scowl to the face of Shayna Baszler and Ronda Rousey as Ronda speaks again.

Ronda Rousey:
She is long gone and she ain’t coming back for a long time!

Loud boos now from the crowd as the heels smirk.

Shayna Baszler: So I had to think who was going to suffer in her place. And I watched the Queen of the Ring in the locker room after winning this belt with my best friend.

She points at the Women’s tag team title around her waist as does Ronda.

Shayna Baszler:
I saw Beth fight through everyone for one last title reign and I turned to Ronda. You remember right?

Ronda nods saying off-mic she does as Shayna carries on.

Shayna Baszler: I was happy to let her have her moment. I didn’t want to take it away… until Becky Lynch came out.

Shayna scowls as she looks at the camera upon once again mentioning Ronda and Shayna’s main rival last year.

Shayna Baszler: When I saw Becky passing you the Women’s Universal title and lifting your hand into the air, I knew that taking it from you would piss her off.

An evil smirk appears on Shayna’s face as the boos get even louder.

Shayna Baszler: And we went into Raw with a plan. Take out anyone who would get in our way.

Ronda Rousey: Team Kick, Natalya and Charlotte Flair.

A lot of venom as she says the last name.

Shayna Baszler: And then I ended your final title reign. Your final moment at the top in your final year.

Shayna chuckles slightly.

Shayna Baszler: If you were smart, I’d let that be your final moment before I humiliate you further.

She holds up the Women’s Universal title and smiles.

Shayna Baszler: Because we are taking every title for ourselves. You can use the MMA Horsewomen, the Real Horsewomen or the two-woman power trip.

She signals over to Duke and Shafir who make sure to put a title on each of her shoulders before Shayna looks back at the crowd.

Shayna Baszler: The champ champ is here!

The heat is getting nuclear for the clear digs at Becky as Ronda smirks and looks to finish off the promo.

Ronda Rousey: Ember Moon I’d be very careful by the way.

She unhooks her WWE Women’s tag team title and puts it on her left shoulder leaving the right one empty.

Ronda Rousey: Because whilst I hold this…

She looks at her left shoulder before looking at her right shoulder.

Ronda Rousey: You have a target on your back that I plan on shooting because why stop at one Champ Champ?

Ronda drops the microphone as the MMA Horsewomen leave the ring having sent a message to not only the Raw Women’s Division but also the Smackdown Women’s division. The commentary team then also wonders who can stop them from taking over both divisions as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

*IN THE MIDDLE OF IT NOW*

A decent pop from the live crowd as CURT HAWKINS makes his way out to the ring and is joined by his tag team partner ZACK RYDER! Zack hypes him up and gets Curt Hawkins fired up ahead of this match as the commentary team reminds us how this came about and also points out Zack Ryder will be a part of tonight’s main event as will Kross but Curt Hawkins won’t be.

The ominous music plays and SCARLETT BORDEAUX’S singing plays with KARRION KROSS slowly walking out by himself with an intense scowl on his face. He slowly walks to the ring as the commentary team put him over as one of the favorites in tonight’s main event with only him losing to Big E since debuting on Smackdown Live. Karrion Kross smirks as the referee calls for the bell and gets the match underway.

Match 3: Karrion Kross vs Curt Hawkins w/Zack Ryder

Match summary: Curt Hawkins starts with a lot of fire but Kross controls the match. He tosses Curt Hawkins around with ease, almost playing with his food and taunts Zack Ryder outside the ring. In the end, he grabs hold of Curt Hawkins and locks him in the KROSS JACKET! Kross chokes the life out of him and Curt weakly taps out giving Kross another win!

Winner via submission: Karrion Kross (3:53)

Boos ring out as Kross carries on his dominant form and refuses to realize the hold on Curt Hawkins choking him until he passes out! Zack Ryder has seen enough laying into Kross with a few boots which force Kross to let go of the Kross jacket but he soon takes down Zack with a wicked lariat. He grabs Ryder and hits the DOOMSDAY SAITO! Kross sizes him up to do more damage until…

A huge pop from the live crowd as EDGE runs down the entrance ramp straight towards the ring, prompting Karrion Kross to slide out of it tapping his head! Edge is clearly angry and dares him to come back inside the ring but Kross shakes his head heading to the back shouting he has other business to take care of. Edge looks angry but turns to his friends as he makes sure Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins are OK as we hear laughing coming from the titantron. It is very recognizable laughter as the camera shows it is SETH ROLLINS! He has his Church surrounding him as he slowly stops laughing but is all smiles.

Seth Rollins:
Edge.

Edge in the ring glares at him, with steam basically coming out of his ears.

Seth Rollins: Do you now see the truth? Do you not see the poison you are to your friends?

Edge seethes but stays silent as Seth wraps up his short speech.

Seth Rollins: Soon they will and you will too. Let it all burn down.

Seth disappears from the titantron as we see Edge seething in the ring and the show cuts to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we cut to a room backstage which is in total darkness with candles forming a circle and ALEISTER BLACK sat cross-legged in the center with the Universal title in front of him. He is clearly meditating which he stops as he opens his eyes and looks directly at the camera.

Aleister Black:
Tonight I find out who steps up to fight me.

Black remains stoic.

Aleister Black: Who wants to pick a fight with me for this?

He grabs it with his hand holding it in his fist, as it glistens in the light.

Aleister Black: The holy grail. Who is going to break through and try to use me to break the ceiling?

He puts the title back in front of himself.

Aleister Black:
I will be watching closely to see who tries to take this from me and become the new devil on my back but beware…

A rare smile appears on his face.

Aleister Black: Whoever steps in my way will fade… fade to black!

An ominous tone as Black brings the interview to an end as we cut elsewhere backstage as…

CHAD GABLE and his manager KURT ANGLE are walking through the back! Chad Gable is in his ring gear and noticeably has the United States title around his waist. As they are walking through the back they are stopped by KEVIN PATRICK looking for an interview!

Kevin Patrick: Chad, Kurt. I just wanted to get a few words and confirm if Chad will be taking part in tonight’s main event?

Kurt smiles and nods confirming he will be.

Kurt Angle: Yes. Whilst Chad Gable is proud of his United States title and intends to defend it against all challengers, that won’t stop him from trying to add more accolades to his name.

Chad Gable: I mean look at my mentor who was the first and only euro-intercontinental champion in WWE history!

Kurt blushes slightly as his mentee lavishes praise on him.

Chad Gable: And if I do get the chance to fight Aleister Black at the Great American Bash…

He unhooks the title from his waist and holds it up for the camera.

Chad Gable: As a fighting champion, I will put this belt on the line too.

Cheers from the live crowd in attendance but soon Chad stops smiling as THE LAST OUTLAWS walk into the shot smirking.

Bobby Roode: It’s been a long time Chad. How are you doing?

Bobby offers a hand but Chad just stares at him.

Bobby Roode: Chad, what’s with the hostility?

Chad Gable: Let’s see. Oh, I remember. You attacked me and called me dead weight ending our tag team.

James Storm leans forward looking to pipe in.

James Storm: Hey, Bob is a straight shooter so if he called you deadweight…

James takes a sip of her beer before tossing the bottle away.

James Storm: You were deadweight!

Chad Gable steps forward but Kurt instead moves in front coming face to face with two former rivals of his from TNA.

Kurt Angle: It’s been a long time.

Bobby Roode: It has. Time hasn’t been kind to you.

Kurt Angle: Maybe. I might be retired but I’m still happy to fight.

Bobby smirks putting his hands up.

Bobby Roode: Not tonight Kurt. Myself and James have a battle royal to win.

They go to leave but stop and look at Chad Gable’s United States title tapping it causing Gable to pull it back.

Bobby Roode:
Maybe we’ll take this from you after one of us wins the Universal title.

The Last Outlaws walk off leaving Chad Gable there shaking his head as the show cuts to a commercial break.

Ad break

Boos from the crowd as THE IICONICS make their way out and they do not look happy. There is none of their usual antics on the way to the ring as the commentary team mentions that they will not be in a good mood after losing to Lita and Trish Stratus at Queen of the Ring so will be looking to get back on track with a win tonight.

LIV MORGAN and CARMELLA make their way out to the ring dancing to their music as they are also joined by their friend R-TRUTH who dances with them. The fans give them a good reaction whilst the Iiconics look on disgusted with their happy opponents. Once in the ring, Liv Morgan starts for her team whilst Peyton Royce starts for the Iiconics as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway!

Match 4: Liv Morgan and Carmella w/R-Truth vs The Iiconics

Match summary: The Iiconics start the match off with a lot more aggressive than normal. The heels end up isolating Carmella during the match, keeping her in one-half of the ring whilst they taunt the crowd. Liv Morgan on the ring apron keeps cheering her on and trying to fire Carmella up but The Iiconics do their best to dampen the fire. Outside the ring, R-Truth becomes a cheerleader too and Peyton especially tells him to shut up as they interact outside the ring.

As the match gets to the closing stages, Carmella finally breaks free thanks to Peyton Royce distracting herself with R-Truth and Liv Morgan tags back into the match. Liv goes on a tear taking care of both Peyton Royce and Billie Kay as R-Truth carries on hyping up his friend. In the end, Liv Morgan hits Billie Kay with obLIVion whilst Carmella hits Peyton Royce with the PRINCESS KICK as the duo defeated the Iiconics!

Winner via pinfall: Liv Morgan and Carmella (7:50)

Cheers from the live crowd as Liv Morgan and Carmella are joined inside the ring by R-Truth who helps them celebrate their victory on tonight’s Smackdown. As they celebrate you can see The Iiconics retreating up the entrance ramp furious with another loss as we cut elsewhere backstage as…

HEAVY MACHINERY are both hanging out backstage in the catering area. Both men are enjoying themselves eating a steak each, living up to their steak and weights name. Otis has a big smile on his face whilst Tucker looks at his friend.

Tucker Knight: Otis.

Otis turns to his best friend.

Tucker Knight: Now we know we are still on Smackdown we need to think about what’s next.

Otis finishes the bite of his steak looking at Tucker.

Otis Dozovic: Dessert Tucky!

A big smile appears on Otis's face as Tucker shakes his head slightly smirking.

Tucker Knight: No Otis. What’s next as champion.

Otis nods slightly wide-eyed and excited at the prospect of potential new challenges but before another word can be said THE AUTHORS OF PAIN walk into the room cutting an imposing presence. Heavy Machinery looks over and gets ready for a potential fight but nothing is said as they leave. Otis and Tucker look at each other before Otis goes back to eating his steak whilst Tucker looks slightly nervous as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break CURTIS AXEL is in the ring ready for action as the commentary informs us Bo Dallas isn’t at ringside as he is backstage preparing for the main event later on tonight.

A loud pop from the live crowd as JEFF HARDY makes his return to action after not being seen for 4 weeks since he fought the Fiend at Judgment Day. Jeff noticeably has black and white striped makeup as he heads to the ring, with less of his dancing than normal. The commentary team wonders if the battles with the Fiend have an impact on him going into this match. The referee calls for the bell and the match is underway!

Match 5: Jeff Hardy vs Curtis Axel
Match summary: Curtis Axel reminds us during this match why he is a former IC and tag team champion. Jeff Hardy seems to be a bit off his usual game and is a lot more aggressive, seemingly letting out some anger after his recent battle with the Fiend. In the end, Jeff picks up the win with the TWIST OF FATE slamming down Curtis Axel with authority!

Winner via pinfall: Jeff Hardy (4:23)

A loud pop from the live crowd as Jeff Hardy gets to his feet and doesn’t seem to celebrate the win much! The commentary team wonders if the battles with the Fiend have taken a toll on Jeff Hardy late in his career. Jeff doesn’t even let the referee raise his hand into the air and instead leaves the ring pretty sharpish, heading straight to the back. We also cut to the backstage area as…

BRAUN STROWMAN is walking down the hallway heading towards the ring when he is stopped by KAYLA BRAXTON looking for an interview!

Kayla Braxton:
Braun, tonight you have the chance to earn a one-on-one Universal title match. Something you have missed out on for over a year, does that make you even more hungry to win?

Braun smiles in the background the TV behind him shows a bunch of static.

Braun Strowman:
I am a monster among men. I am always hungry.

The static stops behind him and the Firefly Funhouse music starts to play behind him for a couple of seconds making him pause. But as he turns around it turns off so Braun shakes his head and carries on.

Braun Strowman: Nineteen other men are going to get these hands and soon these hands will hold the Universal title!

As Braun Strowman finishes that sentence we see ZELINA VEGA limping into the shot (still with a leg brace on) joined by her Ungovernables clients SHINSUKE NAKAMURA and DOMINIK DIJAKOVIC!

Zelina Vega: Braun, have you learned that WWE is Ungovernables territory by now?

Braun scoffs looking unimpressed.

Zelina Vega: My clients have dominated Raw and hold the tag team titles plus the Cruiserweight title. Now is the time for either Shinsuke or Dominik Dijakovic to take back the Universal title.

Braun walks forward towering over Zelina, twice her size before looking at both Dijakovic and Shinsuke.

Braun Strowman: Try and get past me.

Braun then SHOULDER BARGES BOTH UNGOVERNABLES as he walks to the ring. Zelina holds her clients back keeping them calm as the commentary team confirms the main event is up next!

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break we can see some of the competitors already standing in this ring: BO DALLAS, BOBBY ROODE, BUDDY MURPHY, CEDRIC ALEXANDER, DIO MADDIN, DREW GULAK, GRAN METALIK, JAMES STORM, KARL ANDERSON, LUKE GALLOWS, MATT RIDDLE, R-TRUTH AND ZACK RYDER!

For the second time tonight, loud boos from the crowd as KARRION KROSS walks out to the ring. Smoke swells in the arena and surrounds the ringside area as some of the men in the ring look scared and in awe as Kross climbs into the ring ready to earn his first-ever Universal title match.

A decent but quiet pop as MATT RIDDLE makes his way to the ring for the first time since being drafted to Smackdown Live! The commentary team hypes him up and reminds him of his victory over Goldberg at Summerslam last year (they skip why he went back to NXT after that) as he climbs into the ring. He has a goofy smile on his face which pisses off Kross but Riddle either is too oblivious to notice or doesn’t care.

A decent and much better pop as HEAVY MACHINERY make their way out next. OTIS DOZOVIC and TUCKER KNIGHT slap hands with a few of the fans at ringside on the way to the ring as the commentary hype up the possibility of them being champ champ like Shayna Baszler is. Once in the ring a few of the teams inside noticeably have their eyes on them as well!

Loud boos from the live crowd as ZELINA VEGA walks out onto the stage before directing SHINSUKE NAKAMURA and DOMINIK DIJAKOVIC to the ring. The commentary team reminds us that Aleister Black won the Universal title from fellow Ungovernables member Andrade Cien Almas. They step into the ring and even have an eye to eye with Heavy Machinery.

A massive pop from the live crowd as CHAD GABLE walks around with the United States title around his waist. KURT ANGLE wishes him luck before sending Chad Gable to the ring. The commentary team reminds us that Chad promised earlier tonight that if he wins, he will put his United States title on the line against Aleister Black and we could see someone repeat what Seth Rollins did a few years ago with the US title and the WWE title. Inside the ring, there is a bit of a stare-down between Gable and Bobby Roode but the Good Brothers also have their eyes on him.

Another loud pop from the live crowd as BRAUN STROWMAN marches to the ring. The commentary team wonders who will be able to throw him over the top rope but also talk about Braun being so close to breaking through and become a world champion in twenty-eighteen before having a fairly quiet twenty-nineteen. Once inside the ring, he stands in the middle of it with everyone surrounding him before the referee calls for the bell to get the match underway!

Main event: Number one contender’s 20-man battle royal:

Entrants:
Bo Dallas, Bobby Roode, Braun Strowman, Buddy Murphy, Cedric Alexander, Chad Gable, Dominik Dijakovic, Dio Maddin, Drew Gulak, Gran Metalik, James Storm, Karl Anderson, Karrion Kross, Luke Gallows, Matt Riddle, Otis Dozovic, R-Truth, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tucker Knight and Zack Ryder

Match summary:
As soon as the battle royal gets underway several wrestlers charge in and all attack Braun Strowman trying to take the Monster Among Men down! However, Braun soon explodes SENDING BODIES FLYING EVERYWHERE! They all fall fly off and land away from him as Braun Strowman grabs hold of Bo Dallas and picks up the former IC Champion as he yeets him over the top rope!

Eliminated by Braun Strowman: Bo Dallas

Braun Strowman turns around as he comes face to face with DIO MADDIN! The fellow giant locks eyes with Braun Strowman as they try to power each other out of the ring. Elsewhere Chad Gable and Matt Riddle have formed a mini-alliance to battle with the Last Outlaws. The tag team champions meanwhile are battling the Club and Karrion Kross manages to score an elimination by throwing out R-Truth!

Eliminated by Karrion Kross: R-Truth

Kross turns around and gets clocked in the face by Zack Ryder who starts trying to fist-bump his face off! They battle in a corner as Cedric Alexander tries to go after Braun too and help Dio Maddin but the duo gets swatted away like flies. Braun grabs Dio Maddin before throwing him over the top rope!

Eliminated by Braun Strowman: Dio Maddin

Cedric Alexander quickly realizes how much trouble he is in and looks to get away from Braun as Shinsuke and Dijakovic intercept attacking Braun! Elsewhere in the ring Heavy Machinery has gone elsewhere and battle Chad Gable plus Matt Riddle. Bobby Roode though resumes hostilities with Gran Metalik and ends up tossing the king of the ropes over the rope but he stays alive! He leaps into the ropes and walks along them wiping out Roode as he turns around! Loud cheers from the crowd but Storm takes his head off with a superkick! In another corner, Buddy Murphy connects with a V-TRIGGER sending Drew Gulak out of the ring!

Eliminated by Buddy Murphy: Drew Gulak

Buddy looks angry before turning around as he comes face to face with his former rival Cedric Alexander as the former Cruiserweight champions collide by the ropes. Elsewhere Karrion Kross gets Zack Ryder locked in a straight jacket choke before tossing his limp body over the ropes eliminating him!

Eliminated by Karrion Kross: Zack Ryder

Kross turns around and comes face to face with United States Champion Chad Gable! The men battle for control and Chad Gable slams down Kross to the mat before turning into a pair of superkicks from THE LAST OUTLAWS! They are stopped from pouncing in as HEAVY MACHINERY takes them down! Otis and Tucker then slam them down to the mat before Otis heads to the corner teasing the CATERPILLAR… ROCKET KICK BY KARL ANDERSON STUNNING OTIS AND ELIMINATING HIM!

Eliminated by Karl Anderson: Otis Dozovic

Boos ring out as Karl taunts them but get clattered by TUCKER KNIGHT who beats him down before looking to toss him as Gallows makes the save! Gallows lays into him but Tucker overpowers him and tosses him out of the match!

Eliminated by Tucker Knight: Luke Gallows

Tucker though gets LOW BLOWED BY KARL ANDERSON and tossed over the top rope!

Eliminated by Karl Anderson: Tucker Knight

Karl Anderson taunts the crowd and Heavy Machinery as he makes it clear the Good Brothers want the tag team titles! He turns back around and comes face to face with Chad Gable with these two having no love lost due to Gable’s Wrestlemania rivalry with AJ Styles! Elsewhere Cedric Alexander has gone after Matt Riddle but it ends badly for him hitting a JUMPING KNEE STRIKE! Riddle follows up and tosses him out of the ring eliminating him!

Eliminated by Matt Riddle: Cedric Alexander

Back across the ring, The Ungovernables are trying to take down Braun two-on-one as Buddy Murphy tries to sneak in to help but BRAUN OVERPOWERS ALL 3 MEN! He clobbers Buddy Murphy with a BIG BOOT! He turns around as Shinsuke and Dijakovic struggle to their feet GETTING WIPED OUT BY A DUAL CLOTHESLINE!

Eliminated by Braun Strowman: Shinsuke Nakamura and Dominik Dijakovic

We are now down to 9 men after that elimination as Braun Strowman turns around coming face-to-face with Karrion Kross! Two of the larger men in the match start to battle with each other as elsewhere Buddy Murphy is taking on Matt Riddle, The Last Outlaws are double teaming poor Metalik who is hanging on whilst Chad Gable tosses Karl Anderson out of the match!

Eliminated by Chad Gable: Karl Anderson

Chad Gable upon tossing out Karl Anderson immediately runs over and starts to help Gran Metalik. The two group battle for a while as Metalik and James Storm end up on the ring apron! James goes for a SUPERKICK but Metalik avoids it ducking… as GABLE PUSHES JAMES STORM TO THE FLOOR!

Eliminated by Chad Gable: James Storm

Chad Gable though is nearly tossed out of the ring by James Storm but SKINS THE CAT! Roode goes to eliminate him but Metalik using his agility kicks him back allowing both men to recover! Metalik leaps over the ropes… BUT GETS WIPED OUT BY MURPHY WITH A JUMPING KNEE! Murphy doesn’t stop there as he tosses Metalik out of the ring with MURPHY’S LAW!

Eliminated by Buddy Murphy: Gran Metalik

A smirk appears on Buddy Murphy's face as he shares a nod with Bobby Roode as he looks to go after Chad Gable but once again Matt Riddle and Gable form an alliance as they battle with Murphy and Roode. Elsewhere in the ring the battle between Kross and Braun has Kross trying to choke out Braun but the monster is too strong as he overpowers him! Kross gets scooped up and SLAMMED OUT OF THE RING BY THE MONSTER AMONG MEN!

Eliminated by Braun Strowman: Karrion Kross

One of the favorites out before the final five as Braun Strowman shows his immense power! The commentary team also mentions that he wrestled earlier tonight in this match as Braun looks at the four men battling in the middle of the ring. Braun looks over and POWERS THROUGH ALL FOUR MEN! Braun wipes them out and sends them flying! Chad Gable is the first one to get to his feet and uses his speed to try to take down Braun going after Braun's right leg… BUT GETS KICKED OFF INTO THE CORNER!

Braun doesn’t get a moment to breathe as Buddy Murphy and Matt Riddle lay into Braun with a PAIR OF RUNNING KNEES TO THE HEAD! An unlikely alliance forms as Braun stumbles back before getting hit with the GLORIOUS DDT! Braun is down for the first time all match and the 4 men in the ring grab hold of him before slowly throwing him over the top rope eliminating the giant!

Eliminated by Bobby Roode, Chad Gable, Matt Riddle and Buddy Murphy: Braun Strowman

And then there were 4! None of them take a moment to rest though as it turns into a mini-tornado tag team match as Gable and Riddle team up to take on Roode and Murphy! The battle goes on for a while but Roode gets the upper hand on Chad Gable with a rake to the eye and tosses the United States Champion out of the match!

Eliminated by Bobby Roode: Chad Gable

Bobby Roode smirks and attacks Matt Riddle from behind just as it looks like Buddy Murphy might be thrown out. The two heels start to work together against Matt Riddle. He tries to fight back but struggles as they send him over the top rope… BUT HE HANGS ON! The heel doesn’t notice this so Bobby tries to backstab Buddy Murphy but he is ready for it and tosses him out of the ring bringing us down to the final two!

Eliminated by Buddy Murphy: Bobby Roode

Matt Riddle gets back into the ring but Buddy Murphy goes on the attack as these two men lay into each other. Matt tries to use his MMA strikes and skills with his feet peppering Buddy with strikes whilst Buddy uses his speed advantage to stay alive. In the end, Matt Riddle gets her up for a JUMPING TOMBSTONE BUT BUDDY ESCAPES AND HITS MURPHY’S LAW SLAMMING RIDDLE DOWN! He grabs hold of Riddle and throws him out of the ring to win the match!

Winner: Buddy Murphy (15:23)

Boos from the live crowd but there are some cheers as Buddy Murphy celebrates in the ring as he will now go to The Great American Bash to fight Aleister Black for the Universal title! Matt Riddle looks disappointed outside the ring having come so close to earning a title shot. As Buddy Murphy celebrates the victory this music hits…

ALEISTER BLACK walks out onto the stage at the top of the entrance ramp as he lifts his Universal title into the air before sitting cross-legged as he stares down Buddy Murphy in the ring as Smackdown fades to black…

Matches confirmed for next week:

Tag team match:
Ember Moon, Taynara Conti and Xia Li vs Sasha Banks and The Riott Squad

Matches confirmed for two weeks:

Women’s WWE title match:
Ember Moon © vs Taynara Conti

Number one contender’s match for the Women’s WWE title:
Sasha Banks vs Ruby Riott

Matches confirmed for three weeks:

Debut match:
Bianca Bel-Air vs ???

Matchcard for Great American Bash:
San Jose, California
July 19th

Women’s WWE title match:
Ember Moon © or Taynara Conti vs Sasha Banks or Ruby Riott

Universal title match:
Aleister Black © vs Buddy Murphy

Matchcard for Summerslam:
Toronto, Canada
August 23rd

WWE title match:
Drew McIntyre or Sheamus or Randy Orton © vs Brock Lesnar or Andrade Cien Almas

EWR Rating:

65%

Tg11

Reaction score
- Buddy Murphy is the last person who I expected to win this 20 Man Battle Royal to earn a shot at the WWE Universal Championship at The Great American Bash...but this Battle Royal pretty much in essence was for superstars who have never been WWE or WWE Universal Champion, so I guess I gotta give SMACKDOWN Commissioner Shawn Michaels his flowers on this...giving opportunities to new superstars

- I expected either Karrion Kross or even Braun Strowman to win this Battle Royal or even Chad Gable, the WWE United States Champion but Murphy...why all him of all the people? Murphy doesn't scream main eventer to me because I just don't see it in him

- Ronda Rousey pretty much making it known that since she's one half of the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions with Shayna Baszler, she too could target Ember Moon and the Smackdown Women's Championship...it wouldn't surprise me if Ronda does stake her claim. I mean The Horsewomen have most of the gold having the RAW Women's Championship and the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship too. So if they got the Smackdown Women's Championship, they would have all the gold. But as far as Women's only factions, they are the most dominant in WWE history and it isn't even close right now.

- Karrion Kross/Edge rivalry I sure hope so...but Edge is already in a rivalry with Seth Rollins and his stable

- Daniel Bryan now that he's on the Blue brand, here on Smackdown, he lets us know that The American Dragon is returning...hopefully this solidifies Bryan as a babyface and he goes back to being the Daniel Bryan of old

- Jeff Hardy is not the same after his match with The Fiend Bray Wyatt...for obvious reasons because anyone who faces Wyatt now is never the same

- What's Zelina Vega doing on Smackdown? She's a RAW talent...she has no business being here because I thought the Draft was meant to split up The Ungovernables but yet she's here. She's on RAW. She should stay there. Dijakovic and Nakamura are Smackdown talent so they have a reason to be there.

- Aleister Black as WWE Universal Champion is leading this blue brand as its champion in this post Draft era but for how much longer?

- Tay Conti vs Ember Moon for the Smackdown Women's Championship at Great American Bash...basically it is a babyface vs babyface match since both of them are babyfaces unless one of them turns heel but if that happens, who turns? I think it will be Conti who does

- I can't wait to see AJ Styles & The Club as a stable on this show but then also see The Tribal Chief, Roman Reigns return on this show. For Roman, if he is on sabbatical, we will most likely not see him until SummerSlam at the earliest. I think Roman will probably return at the PPV or if he's out for even longer, we probably won't see Roman again until Survivor Series. I mean the man was thrown off the top of a Hell In A Cell structure and hasn't been seen or heard from since then. He was basically injured and put on the shelf. So he would have all sorts of internal injuries as well as external injuries too like a broken back. Or broken legs or even a broken neck.

- Bray Wyatt is still targeting the War Raiders...I would have thought he would target someone new by now on Smackdown but who?

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
- Buddy Murphy is the last person who I expected to win this 20 Man Battle Royal to earn a shot at the WWE Universal Championship at The Great American Bash...but this Battle Royal pretty much in essence was for superstars who have never been WWE or WWE Universal Champion, so I guess I gotta give SMACKDOWN Commissioner Shawn Michaels his flowers on this...giving opportunities to new superstars

- I expected either Karrion Kross or even Braun Strowman to win this Battle Royal or even Chad Gable, the WWE United States Champion but Murphy...why all him of all the people? Murphy doesn't scream main eventer to me because I just don't see it in him

- Ronda Rousey pretty much making it known that since she's one half of the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions with Shayna Baszler, she too could target Ember Moon and the Smackdown Women's Championship...it wouldn't surprise me if Ronda does stake her claim. I mean The Horsewomen have most of the gold having the RAW Women's Championship and the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship too. So if they got the Smackdown Women's Championship, they would have all the gold. But as far as Women's only factions, they are the most dominant in WWE history and it isn't even close right now.

- Karrion Kross/Edge rivalry I sure hope so...but Edge is already in a rivalry with Seth Rollins and his stable

- Daniel Bryan now that he's on the Blue brand, here on Smackdown, he lets us know that The American Dragon is returning...hopefully this solidifies Bryan as a babyface and he goes back to being the Daniel Bryan of old

- Jeff Hardy is not the same after his match with The Fiend Bray Wyatt...for obvious reasons because anyone who faces Wyatt now is never the same

- What's Zelina Vega doing on Smackdown? She's a RAW talent...she has no business being here because I thought the Draft was meant to split up The Ungovernables but yet she's here. She's on RAW. She should stay there. Dijakovic and Nakamura are Smackdown talent so they have a reason to be there.

- Aleister Black as WWE Universal Champion is leading this blue brand as its champion in this post Draft era but for how much longer?

- Tay Conti vs Ember Moon for the Smackdown Women's Championship at Great American Bash...basically it is a babyface vs babyface match since both of them are babyfaces unless one of them turns heel but if that happens, who turns? I think it will be Conti who does

- I can't wait to see AJ Styles & The Club as a stable on this show but then also see The Tribal Chief, Roman Reigns return on this show. For Roman, if he is on sabbatical, we will most likely not see him until SummerSlam at the earliest. I think Roman will probably return at the PPV or if he's out for even longer, we probably won't see Roman again until Survivor Series. I mean the man was thrown off the top of a Hell In A Cell structure and hasn't been seen or heard from since then. He was basically injured and put on the shelf. So he would have all sorts of internal injuries as well as external injuries too like a broken back. Or broken legs or even a broken neck.

- Bray Wyatt is still targeting the War Raiders...I would have thought he would target someone new by now on Smackdown but who?

Just to clarify a couple of things, The Ungovernables are still a unit but Zelina before the draft made it clear she wants her clients to be successful on both brands. Also Conti vs Ember Moon will be happening on Smackdown in the lead up to the Great American Bash in a couple weeks on Smackdown

Reactions: Tg11

Tg11

Reaction score
Just to clarify a couple of things, The Ungovernables are still a unit but Zelina before the draft made it clear she wants her clients to be successful on both brands. Also Conti vs Ember Moon will be happening on Smackdown in the lead up to the Great American Bash in a couple weeks on Smackdown

Fair enough unless you have Rousey interfere...she and The Horsewomen could lay waste to both Ember and Conti....or lay waste to Ruby Riott and Sasha Banks as well because they have been running rough shod on both brands..then you more or less have Rousey face whoever the Smackdown Women's Champion is at SummerSlam

But since you have Ruby Riott vs Sasha for #1 Contendership...and whoever wins faces the Champion at The Bash...I can't wait

White Rhyno

Reaction score
For me, I really like the choice of Matthews for a few reasons.

1. I started thinking about booking him as a main eventer when he was in that brief angle dating Rey's daughter. Even then, I saw booking him as a cross between HBK and Edge could be something

2. His real life team with Black adds another "neat aspect" to your universe. I'm a huge comics guy and like alternate realities and spin-offs. In that vein, this is pretty cool

3. Its just a fresh unique match-up and not a retread of something we haven't seen

I really liked the highlight of your women's division early on. In general, you did a great job of making all of them feel different and unique

I too, wonder about Bray and the War Raiders and how you will progress it.

Tg11

Reaction score
But that being said I wonder what the rest of the calendar year for pay per views is like?

Because I know you have Armageddon (RAW) and The Great American Bash (Smackdown) here in July

Then I know August you have SummerSlam for both RAW and Smackdown

Then September which PPVs are there for Smackdown and RAW?

October you most likely would have Extreme Rules for RAW & Smackdown and Crown Jewel for both RAW and Smackdown

November of course you have Survivor Series

Then December you have Roadblock and Super Showdown I'm guessing right?

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
But that being said I wonder what the rest of the calendar year for pay per views is like?

Because I know you have Armageddon (RAW) and The Great American Bash (Smackdown) here in July

Then I know August you have SummerSlam for both RAW and Smackdown

Then September which PPVs are there for Smackdown and RAW?

October you most likely would have Extreme Rules for RAW & Smackdown and Crown Jewel for both RAW and Smackdown

November of course you have Survivor Series

Then December you have Roadblock and Super Showdown I'm guessing right?

Hey TG,

this is the PPV calendar for the rest of the year and next year after Summerslam leading into Wrestlemania:

London Calling
September 20th

No Mercy
October 4th

King of the Ring
November 1st

Survivor Series
November 22nd

Starrcade
December 20th

New Year's Revolution:
January 3rd