WS Fantasy Basketball 2013-14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Late November to Christmas day at the very latest.

shutupchico

Reaction score
sounds like he's nowhere near ready based on reports so i don't see how it'd be within 2 months.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't think he comes back at that time because he is 100% by then I think he comes back in that time frame because he rushes himself back and has a rough month or so trying too hard to be a warrior.

shutupchico

Reaction score
I don't think he comes back at that time because he is 100% by then I think he comes back in that time frame because he rushes himself back and has a rough month or so trying too hard to be a warrior.

yea you're probably right, but i still say he's not coming back for awhile.

Showtime

Reaction score
he's not sitting out for two months, let alone for a month. please be real about who you're talking about.

SAL

Reaction score
Kobe will be back opening night and will tear his other achilles hopping around on one foot.

Then he'll come back by Thanksgiving and hurt himself crawling across the floor.

It's gonna be like the 12 stations of the crucifixion, only way better.

Last edited:

shutupchico

Reaction score
he's not sitting out for two months, let alone for a month. please be real about who you're talking about.

if u look at the history of those who've suffered the injury, it doesn't look good for him. thought this was a good post i read on rotoworld...

There's not a real long track record of players coming back from Achilles tears, so anyone making predictions is doing so based on pure guesswork. Here are some recent major cases of players suffering Achilles tears.

Wilkins: Less mileage than Kobe, tore his at 32, came back and played at a high level for several seasons.
Elton Brand: Tore his in the prime of his career at 28, came back as a shell of himself.
Isiah Thomas: Tore his at age 32, never played again.
Chauncey Billups: Tore his late in his career, has returned as a diminished role player. Granted, he didn't have a lot of quickness or explosion before the Achilles tear.
Mehmet Okur: Tore his Achilles in 2010 at age 31 and has never played in the NBA again.
Laphonso Ellis: Really talented player who tore his at the age of 26. Was averaging 22 PPG and 7 RPG that season. Played six more seasons, but was a shell of himself.
Maurice Taylor: Another talented forward, tore his Achilles at age 24. Took a year and a half off, returned as a shell of himself to play six more seasons.

I'd like to see Kobe come back and play at a very high level. I respect the hell out of the guy as a player and as a competitor. I love the way he's kind of this old-school, f**k you competitor, in this buddy-buddy, social media-obsessed age. Really respect it. But going near him in a fantasy league this year, given the history of Achilles injuries, is a very risky proposition. Even Kobe, in that SI article, admits he could be "horses**t" this year. Not even he knows.

There have been tremendous advances in modern medicine obviously, but Achilles injuries are a different animal. Wilkins is literally the only example in NBA history of a player coming back from an Achilles injury to play at a reasonably similar level as pre-injury. Kobe's the kind of guy who can defy odds with his work ethic, but I would much rather observe his comeback, and inevitable peaks and valleys, from a distance as opposed to being a fantasy owner.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Kobe had a different surgery than any of them. He had the best surgeon in LA. And he's had top flight trainers follow him and actually live with him. By all means he is better off than Brand who admittedly refused to pay for a machine to help his recovery or Billups whose advice to him was warning that rehab can be too meticulous.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That was a pretty good objective post by chico I'm surprised and impressed.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Thought the post you were quoting was the people who came back from the injury not the whole thing :lol: guess I should have known better.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Mak, you know that Chico doesn't have the ability to capitalize or construct proper sentences!

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The capitalization should have been a dead giveaway for sure so good point.