WS Fantasy Basketball 2012-13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Affalo is gonna chuck the fuck out of that basketball like he was Kobe on the Smush Parker era Lakers.

SAL

Reaction score
They have Moe Harkless. They'll be fine.

HOW COULD YOU BE MOE HARKLESS

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Affalo is gonna chuck the fuck out of that basketball like he was Kobe on the Smush Parker era Lakers.

47 FG% last year is pretty nice. Getting 15 PPG as not even the top option on the team. More shot attempts can be a good thing or a bad thing.

SAL

Reaction score
I finally got around to reading the last few pages of last year's FBB thread. Here's my suggestion for this season: ties in the playoffs should be won by the higher seeded team, not the team who won the regular season matchup. Seeding should matter, just like it matters in the NBA playoffs. If this is already how it's set, please to be disregarding. Many thanks.

Notorious

Reaction score
Afflalo and Big Baby should have good seasons, don't really expect anyone else to have a noteworthy season.

I think Hedo will be traded by the deadline so they can get rid of his contract. Someone will take him, maybe a team that's trying to make a playoff push that's in win-now mode. Who knows but I don't think Hedo will last the whole season.

I guess I could also add Andrew Nicholson to the list depending on his role with the team. Al Harrington will ballhog and chuck like he's done his whole career, Jameer sucks, I expect Redick to put up similar to numbers to what he has the last 2 or 3 seasons, Q-Rich is awful...I think I covered everyone.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
I finally got around to reading the last few pages of last year's FBB thread. Here's my suggestion for this season: ties in the playoffs should be won by the higher seeded team, not the team who won the regular season matchup. Seeding should matter, just like it matters in the NBA playoffs. If this is already how it's set, please to be disregarding. Many thanks.

My only concern is most of the time the higher seed wins the match-up anyway. Why take away importance from regular season play? Every week matters during the regular season if we keep it as is.

PHX is going to be the #1 seed. Last year I tied him during the regular season. If I had tied him during the playoffs I could have won (maybe, not sure what the #2 win condition was?).

It can be discussed further I guess.

Al Harrington will chuck like he did when he was with the Knicks

Harrington was awesome with Denver last year.

Notorious

Reaction score
Harrington had a good season, was in the running for 6MOY

However, I think in Orlando we'll see the return of the New York Knicks Al Harrington aka ballhogging chucker.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Harrington was one my best players last year for the short time I had him.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah with Denver that was a deep depth playoff team. Now he's with a team that has tons of uncertainty and no one who truly stands out as the best player therefore he's gonna try hard to be that and chuck up shots all day.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Magic would be stupid to send him out there and let him chuck if they're trying to get maximum value for him on the trade market.

shutupchico

Reaction score
i agree with sals point up there. don't think it'd bring down the importance of the regular season.

SAL

Reaction score
My only concern is most of the time the higher seed wins the match-up anyway. Why take away importance from regular season play? Every week matters during the regular season if we keep it as is.

PHX is going to be the #1 seed. Last year I tied him during the regular season. If I had tied him during the playoffs I could have won (maybe, not sure what the #2 win condition was?).

It can be discussed further I guess.

My tiebreaker values overall regular season success, whereas yours may come down to dumb luck. You have the super-awesome #1 seeded team, but the week you faced the 8-seed you didn't have LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard, and Kevin Love because they were all hurt. So you should lose the tiebreaker advantage?

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Brandon (6) beat BRJP (3) because of the tiebreaker rules. An upset caused by the current tiebreaker rules. Literally the only one that has ever occurred in the playoffs in 3 years. Are tiebreaker upsets bad?

If anything I'm more upset that every year it's the 1 and 2 seed facing off against each other in the finals. The proposed rule only helps ensure that 1 vs 2 occurs. I'm not sure if it's necessarily a bad thing since the two top teams should probably be facing off against each other in the finals, it just kind of kills the fun when you finally come to the realization that if you're not a 1 or 2 seed you're not going to win... even if you put up a fight and are able to tie the higher seed.

That said if the general consensus is to pass the change to the tiebreaker rule then I'm fine with it.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
IDC what's decided. I'm going to rape you all anyways, so it doesn't matter to me.