WS Fantasy Basketball 2012-13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
[youtube]fZKX-cf_p90[/youtube]

This is the WS Fantasy Basketball Thread for the 2012-2013 NBA Season. Getting it started 2 months early this season.

--------------------

League FAQ:

This is a deep category head to head league. We run 14-cat H2H each category. FGM, FG%, FTM, FT%, 3PTM, 3PT%, PTS, OREB, DREB, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO. Each category is good for one win a week. This setup slightly favors larger line-ups so plan accordingly.

Each team has 13 slots. PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN.

Lineups are set daily. If you don't have time to check your team every single day then set your lineups for each day at the start of every week. Very few of our owners ever have players riding the bench and missing a start. Repeated failure to set your lineups will result in loss of ownership. We don't want teams getting free wins.

5 Maximum waiver wire acquisitions per week with a 1 day waiver wait time. Streaming is encouraged but we don't want entire teams being streamed everyday so there is a 5 move per week cap. Grab the hot player for a few extra FGM at the end of the week, but don't be surprised when the asshole destroys your FG% and turns the ball over 6 times. (see: Jordan Crawford, Metta World Peace)

We don't do veto's here. Occasionally a trade may be denied for BASKETBALL REASONS, but for the most part if two parties agree to a deal it's going to be put through. There is no governing board, nobody to police this shit. The aftermath may cause a stir in the thread, some bitching perhaps, and team ownership may be revoked if you're a moron and purposefully try to ruin the competitive balance of the league. It hasn't happened yet, and we've had our share of morons...but it could happen...maybe. Moral of the story, don't trade with PSYCH.

Yahoo/ESPN's draft boards are based off of 5x5 standard roto leagues. Our league setup is extremely different which means our draft board is as well. Here are the final player rankings from last year based on our league set-up. So based on that guys like Russell Westbrook are probably not a very smart 1st round selections, but at the end of the day build your team however you want.

We shitpost a lot in the thread throughout the season. Join us. Respond to PMs/visitor messages, actively trade and shop players, and don't settle for a loss or give up because you've lost a few weeks in a row. We're not going to win the league anyway: PHX is.

--------------------

Sign-Ups:

Aiming for 14 sign-ups? It seemed to work last year, the waiver wire pool was still pretty deep. Please read the FAQ if you're interested in signing up and you're new.

1. Ghetto Anthony* (David Stern)
2. PHX*
3. PSYCH (Adam Silver)
4. Brandon*
5. Ben
6. SAL
7. chico
8. Showtime
9. KIF
10. P1
11. IYF
12. BRJP
13. NMS
14. Notorious

Reserves:
BraZZers
Daedmo
AF.
Chase

*= League Commissioner

IYF and P1 have reserved spots until further notice since they've been with the league every year. Everyone else has already confirmed that they're participating this year. That leaves 3 open spots for newcomers and people from previous years.

--------------------

League Info:

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/register/joinleague?.scrumb=
League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/1851
Yahoo League ID#: 1851
Password:

Western Conference
1. GA
2. Showtime
3. BRJP
4. chico
5. Notorious
6. PHX
7. IYF

Eastern Conference
1. PSYCH
2. Brandon
3. Ben
4. Chase
5. NMS
6. KIF
7. SAL

Division winners get top 2 seeds, after that playoff ranking is decided by overall record. Top 8 teams make the playoffs.

--------------------

Important League Dates:

Draft Order Randomized via Yahoo!:
September 29
Draft Pick Trading Deadline: 1 hour prior to Draft
Draft: TBD

--------------------

Proposed Rule Changes:

- Move League to ESPN. PSYCH is a fucking moron. VETOED.

- Added 13th spot to rosters to mimic real life NBA rosters. The 13th spot would be a BN spot so it would force more strategy out of GM's to decide who to start, but also lower the talent available in the waiver wire pool. May also discourage streaming. AMENDED.

- League Expansion. League is currently set to 14 teams, but there is a possibility that more than 14 people will want into the league. We had this discussion last year and decided to limit it to 14 teams to keep the waiver wire talent pool healthy. VETOED.

- Randomize Divisions after all teams have signed up. Just to add another factor of randomness to the league. People are seriously going to be avoiding signing up on Yahoo! until they're certain they won't be placed into PHX's conference. AMENDED.

Feel free to submit your own ideas/opinions on proposed rule changes.

Last edited:

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Newcomers that have expressed interest to join the league:
Dademo - Bailed last year after "losing interest" was a pain trying to get a replacement.
BraZZers - ???

Need other peoples thoughts and maybe a post or two from these guys to decide if they should be admitted.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If we more interest than usual then 16 should be the highest limit but has to be guys who know they are gonna be active so we don't have to go looking for replacements or worry about you bailing when you start having a losing record.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
My thoughts:

I'm cool with the 13th spot on our rosters as long as it's a BN.

I'd like to keep 14 active owners, but yeah it's going to be hard to turn people down.

And yeah I want to randomize divisions after everyone is signed up.

I'm cool with Dademo and BraZZers joining as well as long as they can both guarantee they're going to actively participate.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Joining, I will participate.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Reason I think there is a chance we may go 16 is cause assuming we get everyone you listed with the reserved spots there is 2 guys who were in last year in Big Red Jericho Punk and NMS which is 13 spots right there then Brazzers and Dademo which makes 15 right there. Chase seems to be a NBA fan so I could easily see him being interested so we could have 16 right there just depends. Was happy with the activity last season didn't have any inactives

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
It was really awesome reading the first post to the NBA on NBC theme :bruce:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Adam Silver ... Fuck you lol

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'm totally here. Don't worry.

Dademo

Reaction score
Yo let me back in. I had personal problems I had to deal with off the internet. I'm good now

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Reason I think there is a chance we may go 16 is cause assuming we get everyone you listed with the reserved spots there is 2 guys who were in last year in Big Red Jericho Punk and NMS which is 13 spots right there then Brazzers and Dademo which makes 15 right there. Chase seems to be a NBA fan so I could easily see him being interested so we could have 16 right there just depends. Was happy with the activity last season didn't have any inactives

Guess we'll see. Problem is we're around 6 weeks from the draft right now so new people may drop out/lose interest before then. I just don't want anybody missing the draft this year. Last year I think only 1 person out of 14 missed it.

I'm totally here. Don't worry.

So what's the strategy this year big guy?

Ben

Reaction score
Think 16 is to many....stick with 14 and have 2 guys in a reserved spot to take on inactive teams.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Beat PHX clearly since Pheonix stole Scola.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'd have no problem being a back up guy in case somebody drops out, so you guys can keep that in mind.