WS Fantasy Basketball 2012-13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAL

Reaction score
Wade, Bron, and Bosh will be getting DNPs this year according to Spo and fantasy Insider to keep them fresh for a third finals run.

Oh god I need to trade LeBron RIGHT NOW

You guys are all haters. The only thing my team is missing is one more solid rebounder then I should be able to win most weeks 8-6.

Oh okay, let me hand you one. Is Marc Gasol good enough? You know what, take LeBron, I can't deal with these DNPs.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
I was talking about my team as a whole not just my big men. I get you got some kind of C/F obsession but there is more to it than that even if your team doesn't seem to currently reflect that. From an overall standpoint I'm sure if you asked most people in this league your team wouldn't be top 5. And no idea where you got the idea of Ellis being terrible from. He can get to the line like crazy, hits 3's great scoring option overall period, can provide decent assist and grabs steals. I'll take that over worrying about turnovers.

Yeah but Ellis isn't worth a 2nd round pick (who's actually a top 15 player). Are you going to argue that point with me? I would spend a 5th round pick on Ellis, maybe if he dropped.

Oh okay, let me hand you one. Is Marc Gasol good enough? You know what, take LeBron, I can't deal with these DNPs.

ya Marc Gasol is excellent

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
No point in explaining if you're crazy enough to think Ellis is maybe a 5th round pick. I know you think little of guards but Jesus Christ.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
You're right. I probably wouldn't take Ellis until the 6th or 7th.

I don't like guards for multiple reasons.

1: They only really help you in five categories: steals, assists, 3PTM, FTM and FT%. 3PT% is a toss-up and fluctuates so much that you can't count on guards to help you there. Your best bet is to just grab 1 or 2 that shoot decently from 3 (Kyrie, Steph Curry) and cross your fingers. FTM is a shooting guard stat mostly, but obviously depends on the player, big names help FTM more than guards do.

2: The opportunity cost of putting a guard in a UTIL spot over a big man. You're just plain better off putting a big in those spots and improving your FG%, lessen your turnovers and increase your stats in BLK, OREB, DREB, REB.

3: It's a proven winning formula. Pretty sure I won like 90% of my weeks last year with this "fuck guards" strategy. Didn't win the league, and I don't want to hark on why anymore because it's been done. The strategy is very capable of winning the league or at least winning me a lot of games this year if I can get the right pieces and they don't die on me.

I'm not satisfied where I'm at right now, but I certainly believe I have a top 5 squad.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If it's a proven winning formula then explain how I've won the league 3 times in a row with not neglecting guards & pretty much always leading the league in turnovers

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Absolutely horrible how Brandon talks about how he wants to dethrone you this year then does that stupid bullshit. So fucking dumb.

I don't have to fuck with him until the end of the season, and I'm sure both of our teams will look much different then. Quit Nopeing around.

Good to see PSYCH in midseason form, btw.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
If it's a proven winning formula then explain how I've won the league 3 times in a row with not neglecting guards pretty much always leading the league in turnovers

Prove 5 > 9

It's a proven winning formula because I went 11-1-1 last year during the regular season and was 1 week away from becoming champion.

It wins games.

Waiver wire prowess at the end of the season wins championships.

Fair enough?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Would of and could of based on one year doesn't prove anything. Just cause you went full blueberry your first year with point guards doesn't mean they can't help you win.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
So I'll prove it again this year then. Jesus.

You're just beating around the bush and calling me a blueberry because you can't prove 5 > 9. I even complimented you.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
28893814.jpg

Last edited:

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
PSYCH you have Metta World Peace on your team your argument is invalid.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
PSYCH you have Metta World Peace on your team your argument is invalid.
Least I didn't lay out every draft ranking I can find for weeks and then end up with, with LMAO

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I wasn't calling you a blueberry for no reason I called your strategy Blue your first year and since then you seem to look down on guards thinking it's only all about big men when I've proven otherwise which is the whole point of this conversation. So I'm not beating around a bush. If you win the league with your strategy I'll give you props for it but until then I don't know what makes you think you're some fantasy guru.