Wrestlemania discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ahorrig

Reaction score
Ok, so how does it seem to be going down? I think the card so far is Cena/Miz and Del Rio/Edge. Nothing wrong there, both seem to be excellent matches. So basically, here is the WM discussion.

Reaction score
Well from the sounds of it this is how the card is shaping out.

WWE Championship Match
The Miz vs. John Cena (with The Rock as Special Guest Enforcer/Referee)

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Edge vs. Alberto del Rio (still see Christian maybe being involved in this in some shape or form....praying for a Triple Threat)

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk (perhaps No Holds Barred w/Nexus banned from ringside or something?)

The Undertaker vs. Triple H (which I really really really REALLY hope does NOT happen and all the rumors are wrong)

MITB Ladder Match
John Morrison vs. Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger vs. maybe Christian?

Jerry Lawler vs. either Michael Cole or Alex Riley

Wade Barrett vs. Big Show

Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio

About the Taker/Trips match, everyone is assuming Taker goes over and retires Triple H. I still don't see him just letting the feud with 'King' Sheamus just blow over without ever mentioning again. Like seriously does no one else get why they had Sheamus win that tournament but me? King Sheamus vs. King of Kings?!?!? Anyone!? Sigh....anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if it looks like Taker is going to win, but out of no where, the newly inducted HOFer Shawn Michaels gives some Sweet Chin Music to the Deadman, allowing his buddy to extend his career. Just a thought, and I personaly couldn't give a shit about Taker's Wrestlemania streak anymore. It NEEDS to be ended by someone. And I'm not sure WWE has built up anyone outside of Cena who would be realistic in this role outside of Triple H with HBK's help.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Yeah, not looking forward to Mania this year. The Rock and Punk/Orton are the only drawing points for me as of now. Even Taker/HHH would be nice to see as a nostalgia act, but the main events suck imo.

Montana

Reaction score
Let's see... Miz vs. John Cena to headline Wrestlemania. This is the best "marketable" match; however to a wrestling fan...it's lame. I've been watching John Cena beat the hell out of the jobber Miz on Raw for Years. Why would i want to spend 45$ to see it again. I see why they did it, however it does nothing for me. I would have much rather got Cena vs. Orton (again) Edge/Del Rio - Edge deserves a good title mania at Mania, but yet Del Rio is on fire. Do you have Edge go over at Mania, then loses to Del Rio at the next pPV? Again, feels like a normal SD match. Orton/Punk - at least they will have been building this feud a little better than the 2 title matches; even though they had to dig up old video for it to make sense. Taker vs. ???? HHH , Barrett , or Kane ....ehh The rest is ehh. I'm not looking forward to this show too much. Nothing really feels special about it; although i think we all knew for the past year there isn't many "Dream Matches" left.

ahorrig

Reaction score
well, undertaker/HHH seems obvious now, and i dont think it will be that bad, (i wanted the king of kings vs king sheamus vs king booker but, whatever)
Miz has improved a lot, and i feel he may be able to pull off a really good main event. Del Rio has been doing pretty good, so him and edge seems pretty good. I am wondering if they will make HHH and undertaker the last match? ( i guess HHH will put his career on the line. The only thing that may be a joke is lawler and cole, as i see something like the bret and vince match. If rhodes fights mysterio, that could propel rhodes to atleast a mid card title run.

Reaction score
Well from the sounds of it this is how the card is shaping out.

WWE Championship Match
The Miz vs. John Cena (with The Rock as Special Guest Enforcer/Referee)

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Edge vs. Alberto del Rio (still see Christian maybe being involved in this in some shape or form....praying for a Triple Threat)

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk (perhaps No Holds Barred w/Nexus banned from ringside or something?)

The Undertaker vs. Triple H (which I really really really REALLY hope does NOT happen and all the rumors are wrong)

MITB Ladder Match
John Morrison vs. Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger vs. maybe Christian?

Jerry Lawler vs. either Michael Cole or Alex Riley

Wade Barrett vs. Big Show

Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio

About the Taker/Trips match, everyone is assuming Taker goes over and retires Triple H. I still don't see him just letting the feud with 'King' Sheamus just blow over without ever mentioning again. Like seriously does no one else get why they had Sheamus win that tournament but me? King Sheamus vs. King of Kings?!?!? Anyone!? Sigh....anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if it looks like Taker is going to win, but out of no where, the newly inducted HOFer Shawn Michaels gives some Sweet Chin Music to the Deadman, allowing his buddy to extend his career. Just a thought, and I personaly couldn't give a shit about Taker's Wrestlemania streak anymore. It NEEDS to be ended by someone. And I'm not sure WWE has built up anyone outside of Cena who would be realistic in this role outside of Triple H with HBK's help.

Said as if impersonating Austin Powers:
I thank you...

ahorrig

Reaction score
Wade Barrett vs Big Show? It seems more like ezekial would take on that role. But who knows?

Montana

Reaction score
Looks like they might run Shaemus vs. Danielson in a singles match for the US title. THat could be a nice matchup there.

ahorrig

Reaction score
Looks like they might run Shaemus vs. Danielson in a singles match for the US title. THat could be a nice matchup there.
Only problem is sheamus is in some kind of weird stupid feud with mark henry, that i dont really believe.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I don't get why people are hating on HHH/Taker; they are two of the best workers (if not THE two best) in the company. This match is going to be awesome and the build up will be great too I bet.

ahorrig

Reaction score
I don't get why people are hating on HHH/Taker; they are two of the best workers (if not THE two best) in the company. This match is going to be awesome and the build up will be great too I bet.
thank you. and why would takers streak end with interference!? i personally think taker is the biggest badass in th wwe , only rivaled by steve austin.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I just saw some "news" thing that said Rock/Cena/Miz will be tweeting each other as part of the lead up to WM. I think I finally figured this out...the WWE are using the Rock/Cena feud to get Miz over. Miz is going to be "the overshadowed underdog heel" going into Mania and he's going to pull some miracle upset in an attempt to make him look like a main eventer. That's pathetic.

Beer

Reaction score
I just saw some "news" thing that said Rock/Cena/Miz will be tweeting each other as part of the lead up to WM. I think I finally figured this out...the WWE are using the Rock/Cena feud to get Miz over. Miz is going to be "the overshadowed underdog heel" going into Mania and he's going to pull some miracle upset in an attempt to make him look like a main eventer. That's pathetic.

Fixing matches and conditions to produce a show for audience What you've said is kinda the idea behind Wrestling in general.

Kaedon

Reaction score
They are fixing shows and matches to make us believe the Miz is better than he actually is.

noumenon

Reaction score
I'm actually quite looking forward to the Miz/Cena match. The build should be awesome, especially with The Rock inserted into the mix. You're looking at three of the best mic workers in the business, the biggest face in the business vs. the best up and coming heel with one of the biggest names ever in the industry as the assumed enforcer. Seriously I fail to see how this can turn out to be anything but awesome. I know the feared outcome is Cena winning the title at Mania... but honestly who cares? He hasn't held the title in quite some time and I'm really hoping for a really great back and forth feud between him and Miz hopefully running well into the spring.

HHH vs. Undertaker is what it is. They're going for star power here obviously. HHH is the only legitimate threat to Taker's streak right now next to Cena. There's no one else you could put next to Taker at Mania that wouldn't look like anything more than a glorified squash. Taker is obviously going over in this one. He'll probably work his usual light schedule, disappear again and most likely wrap his career next year in the long awaited Cena confrontation.

Morrison/Punk and Punk/Orton both seem like possibilities right now. I'm really hoping and praying it's not Orton/Punk. I couldn't stand to see Punk wasted like that at Mania. Morrison/Punk has insane match potential... would most likely be MOTN.

Edge vs. Del Rio. I don't know WTF is going on here. Del Rio seems more concerned with Kofi at this point than he does Edge. Christian is back and they still need to wrap up whatever is going on there. This storyline is just a really sloppily booked mess at this point. This one is most likely going to result in Del Rio's first title win at Mania.

We'll also probably get some sort of Nexus vs. Corre tag titles match... Rey/Cody.... MITB...ect ect.