World of Horror: An End of the World MAFIA Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Word of Barbatos - Chapter 0, Verse ??? - "I have not lamented or resigned myself to anything. I simply said I would be upset if my claim results in my lynch. Because, today alone, I have been told and seen it theory-crafted that several kills can be in play, because the host pays little regard to balance, but when I bring up healing power, which is less likely to create upsets in Game balance, I am immediately met with "Pendex is probably scum" and then it is theory crafted how it makes great sense for it to be a scum role. So in other words, excess killing power is fine, but slightly extra doctor protects is too much? With an abundance of kills? It makes me suspect, just slightly, that it is less about what is being claimed, and more about who is claiming it. Which is natural, I suppose. It's my first game here, so I can understand being considered an "outsider". Just that it would be a bit upsetting to be voted out for that reasoning. Does that not make sense? "

I get where you are coming from regarding being annoyed at being spec-sussed but no one said the amount of killing roles were fine or that other things were completely ok either. We were discussing the very real possibility that your role could be scum overlap (or town too, i think smark said that) which you then took upon yourself to respond in a, in my opinion, slightly over the top way as opposed to try and say why you yourself are town and pointing at directions you like instead.

You are right though, Im not familiar with you or your playstyle. But that post pinged me that way when I read :draper2

Sister Abigail

Reaction score
In that scenario, the game is over
How do I win the game as mafia if me and 2 townies are the last three?
How do I win the game as indy if any other 2 players alongside me are the last three?

It's weird how you've focused in on one aspect of it, but not the others. Being voteless is a shit role in general, but its way less harmful to town than it is to any of the other alignments, especially indy. How can I ever win a game when I am on my own and dont have a vote?
Dude, I already explained this. First of all, I don't think you're wolf, so let's cancel that idea.
Second, we've seen how the Indie has already stolen votes from other players. I'm not going to speculate what kind of abilities the Indie has, but stealing other players' votes seems like a great counter to being voteless.

Sister Abigail

Reaction score
nodody has said the excess killing power is fine though?
Well if the excess killing power isn't fine, shouldn't we want to resolved Jeff and Fourth's similar claims as well as how Pendex has a similar claim to Tpein?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I find this kind of funny because didn't Lethal call you out for being hostile and then you had to tell them not to misshape the narrative? If I'm lynched, then so be it; losing the Town Neighbor does jack to Town strength. But I think my play and my claim is a lot better than some of these players and I really do think that it would be a pretty big misstep to take me out right now when there are better targets.

I dont really see the comparison with lethal at all, Pendex did make that post and most definitely was annoyed or whatever else adjective you want to use. I stand by my statement

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Although, that Tweet and Jeff thing is also a good shout.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Word of Morax - Chapter 0, Verse ???: " Several people have reasoned it as possible and even plausible for all killing claims to be town Aligned, with the only reason given being "the host is probably trying to dissuade role design speculation". The idea that the lynch ia between the killing claims was floated out, but ultimately hasn't gained traction, as Maestro seems to be the lynch favorite today. Finally, not a single person treated the killing claims as "one or both is probably scum", which is how my Medic claim was treated. Again, the lynch being between the kill claims was floated, but ultimately reasoned out and largely disregarded. All of the above I would consider examples of players "being fine" with the excess killing power. I really can't think of many reasons why excess killing power receives this treatment, compared to healing power. They're not even equal, in my eyes, let alone this disproportionate against healing power. If you disagree with my examples here, would you like me to provide quotes? "

is that true? I don't think that's true, I was literally just sussed when I claimed regarding having a vig shot

Sister Abigail

Reaction score
I have no vote first off, so it really doesn't matter where I'm willing to go regardles. Secondly, I'm talking about your set up to use on Phenom (phenom pointed out the post). It comes off like a pretty see through setup you could point to and go SEE I TOLD YOU or wtv.

tl/dr your claim and usage isn't enough to get me to take you off my PoE list
I literally asked Phenom if I could trust him because I was planning on using my Neighbor on him. And even IF I was setting it all up, why would I even do that when Phenom would just confirm I neighborized him anyway? Me setting up that I'm the Neighbor by asking Phenom if I could trust him is kind of a moot point since Phenom would say I'm the Neighbor regardless if I had tried to set things up.

I don't really care that you have a vote. You've been pretty good at following the trend of this game and haven't really done much to buck it. You keep mentioning how you're fine with multiple players which suggests to me you're ready to hang your noose wherever. Vote or no vote doesn't really excuse you from what you've been saying. I think the fact that you're trying to further suss me because my use was bad, even though a Neighbor claim doesn't really need any extra setup to claim, is not a great look. It kind of feels like you're trying to find a cheap reason to be fine with my lynch.

Sister Abigail

Reaction score
I dont really see the comparison with lethal at all, Pendex did make that post and most definitely was annoyed or whatever else adjective you want to use. I stand by my statement
But now that's twice in your last two posts where you've tried to create the narrative that me and Pendex are somehow overacting to suss being on us and that's definitely not the case. Both Pendex and I have responded fairly calmly and with questions trying to figure things out. You've spent a lot of this game trying to shade people. I get the feeling your reads can change on a whim.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Pandex's posts are a bit weird to me because I don't think they've even been seriously considered as a lynch target for today or have a vote on them, the talk has been more around Maestro and Abigail, but they're acting like they are a gonner.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Sister Abigail

Reaction score
No, speculate on why there's not a regular sk.
I don't get this. Do you think our Indie is a SK? Are you asking me to figure out why it isn't a SK? We clearly have a harmful Indie on our hands so I don't know what you want me to speculate?

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
is that true? I don't think that's true, I was literally just sussed when I claimed regarding having a vig shot

That struck me as odd, too. Considering we both have claimed vig shots and it's obviously not a great look. I don't think anyone is fine with that :lol

Pendex

Reaction score
I get where you are coming from regarding being annoyed at being spec-sussed but no one said the amount of killing roles were fine or that other things were completely ok either. We were discussing the very real possibility that your role could be scum overlap (or town too, i think smark said that) which you then took upon yourself to respond in a, in my opinion, slightly over the top way as opposed to try and say why you yourself are town and pointing at directions you like instead.

You are right though, Im not familiar with you or your playstyle. But that post pinged me that way when I read :draper2
Book of Michael - Chapter 3, Verse 33: "I don't recall anyone fitting it into Town, which is why I was commenting on how the reaction to my claim has felt like players were trying to reason it into bring a scum role, which is not how, in my view more balance-damming claims, have been treated. You are assuming more than I provided in that post for the rest of this point. I merely said I would be pretty upset, especially because the host appears to have a reputation for not really being overly concerned with balance. Nothing more to be gained from that, as my later responses will illustrate it isn't even something I find wholly surprising, and it's not like I'm threatening to hold this against my impression of the community or anything, which for the record has been highly positive so far, in a way that has surprised me quite a bit. I think I've made the direction where I am currently headed quite clear today, and I see little value in explaining why my role can be town-Aligned when I think the answer to that is obvious. "

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Pandex's posts are a bit weird to me because I don't think they've even been seriously considered as a lynch target for today or have a vote on them, the talk has been more around Maestro and Abigail, but they're acting like they are a gonner.
yeah thats my gut reaction too

Reactions: Marty McFourth