Which wrestlers have you met in person?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
still cool...i figured it was one of the lesser known indy's.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I met Kurt Angle and Mick Foley at two seperate book signings.

I did the Dude Love Charleston for Foley.....I was eleven and was wearing a HulkaMania T shirt. And Foley replied to me saying I was the bravest kid hes met who would do the Charleston with a Hogan shirt on. Lol.... And Angle is bigger than he looks in person.

imported_neXus

I met Jericho once after a show. He was actually really nice and a great guy

And i once i was flying back home to london. And it was the week WWE goes to England for RAW every year i and i saw Evan Bourne in the airport. I came up and said hi and got a photo with him

Reaction score
Wow, Montana, that's a pretty impressive list!

I met Rob Vam Dam at WonderCon 2005 while he was on the shelf due to injury. He and his wife had a table there selling autographs and his dvd One of a Kind. I bought a photo and had him autograph it and Sonya was kind enough to take a photo of him and I posing with my camera. It's funny cause as he was writing on the photo, he asked if I minded him cursing on it (he wrote "from the whole fucking show...") or if I just wanted "f'ing" instead. I told him cursing was fine with me, I make sailors blush. He laughed and handed it over. I would have bought his dvd as well, but I had it already sitting at home. Would have brought it with me, but I didn't realize he was gonna have a table.

That's the only wrestler I've met, per se, though I past by the tables of Virgil, Bushwacker Luke & Honkytonk Man at this past year's WonderCon.

Back in 1996, I was working at a music store in Delaware when a coworker got to meet Francine. I guess she was down there for the day of some tax free shopping and stopped in our store (Christiana Mall). He asked if she needed any help, recognized her and talked to her for a couple minutes. He came back to the breakroom where I was eating, but by the time I had inhaled my food and went out, she had gone. C'est la vie.

They're not be wrestlers, but I'm very proud to have met Kevin Smith and Bruce Campbell (two men whose work I enjoy). They were both very cool and hilarious to talk with.

Reaction score
- RVD. Met him at some comic book thingo that I went to because it had local wrestling there too, and more important, RVD. It was a pretty long wait to see him, but he was as nice as he could possibly be. Seemed to live meeting people all day rather than loathing it which you see from some wrestlers. Had a little talk with him, took a picture and got his signature. Really nice guy. Sabu was also there, but he seemed awfully grumpy. I don't think it helped that RVD's line was a mile long and Sabu barely got anyone coming to see him. He just went out and smoked most of the time.

- Billy Kidman. Again, Kidman is absolutely nice as fuck. Met him before a show here when he was on tour with WSW, and he was very happy to chat and pose for pictures. He actually looks a lot bigger on TV too. This was probably two or so years ago, and I was already the same height as him.

- Masato Tanaka. Got a signed picture from him and he seemed nice enough. Nowhere near as animated as the other two though.

Montana

Reaction score
Kinda funny how after i make this thread i am almost 100% sure i saw Ted Dibiase Jr. at the airport in Atlanta. He was only about 10 feet away, however i was in the middle of the security check line and didn't get a chance to say anything.

Reaction score
I'll just list people:

Triple H
Ric Flair
Ricky Steamboat
CM Punk
Kane
Mick Foley (a couple times)
Samoa Joe
Bryan Danielson
Homicide
Jay Lethal
Alex Shelley
Justin Credible
Chris Candido
Molly Holly
Dawn Marie
Jazz
Traci Brooks

And then a bunch of indy guys that you guys may or may not know.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Velvet Sky and Angelina Love. Didn't get to talk much with Velvet because she was busy signing stuff but Angelina is so fucking nice, it's incredible.

Pacmanboi

Reaction score
John Cena at a signing. Didn't talk much but gotta pic and autograph.

ThomC

Reaction score
Roddy Piper is the only wrestler I've met. Saw him randomly at a store. He was with his family so I didn't want to bother him. He saw me staring at him lol and wave me over. Shook his hand and talked for a minute, that's pretty much it. Pretty cool none the less.

I've met a few MMA fighters though. One of Team Quest's gyms is like 15 minutes away from my place so I'll see a few of the guys at bars around town. When Chris Leben was still with Quest I met him and Ed Herman at a bar in Portland. Went to high school with Randy Couture's daughter Aimee, he used to live a few blocks away from my parents house so I met him a handful of times. My mom, before she retired, was a dental hygenist and used to clean Matt Lindland's teeth. Met him a couple times aswell. Unfortunately I haven't run into Chael Sonnen yet.

Reaction score
I live in Kentucky and I have met a lot of OVW stars and former OVW stars.

Miz - After an OVW house show. He signed an autograph and we took a pic. I told him he was going to be a star one day.

Beth Pheonix - Same show. I talked to her. SHe seemed very nice. She gave me an autograph and a pic. We talked for ten minutes or so. She signed, To Taylor Stay Sweet, Beth Pheonix.

SHad Gaspard - He was the nicest wrestler I have ever met. The guy was so cool. I asked him for his autograph and he smiled from ear to ear saying he had never signed one before. Lol he had just got out of training. Then he is the reason I got the Miz's autograph. I asked him to go get Miz and he did.

Cody Rhodes - It was his birthday and he had just turned 19. He seemed boring, didn't talk much. Got an autograph

Elijah Burkes - He also has a great personality. He gave me an autograph and at that show he sung Cody Rhodes Happy Birthday.

Mick Foley - Autograph signing in Louisville about ten years ago. My mom bought his book for me and n autograph. I also got a pic with him too.

Nidia - Signed autographs at an OVW show

Mark Jindrak - He was also in OVW.

Batista - During his OVW days. Didn't have a chance to get an autograph though.

Mark Henry - Ovw SHow.

David Flair - OVW.

Plus I have met many indpendent wrestlers that you guys probalby don't know.

ThomC

Reaction score
I forgot Mike Pierce on my list of MMA fighters. I went to HS with him too. Wasn't friends with him or anything, and he wasn't as known as he now, but still.

Reaction score
I met JJ Dillon at a local show in Westerly, Rhode Island a couple years back. I was so nervous, I was shaking, hahaha. He was super cool and I got a picture with him, both of us holding up the "4 Horsemen" sign.

ThomC

Reaction score
I met JJ Dillon at a local show in Westerly, Rhode Island a couple years back. I was so nervous, I was shaking, hahaha. He was super cool and I got a picture with him, both of us holding up the "4 Horsemen" sign.

To me this trumps everybody I've met, except Couture. JJ Dillon, to me, is the man.

Reaction score
To me this trumps everybody I've met, except Couture. JJ Dillon, to me, is the man.
He really is. And to me, Randy Couture is the man. I idolize the guy. So we're even, Thomtastic.

Seriously, though, Dillon was a really nice guy. I just told him what an honor it was to meet someone who has done so much for pro wrestling.