Which wrestlers have you met in person?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Uncle Saucey

Reaction score
Between promoting Indy shows in N.Y. and PA. in the 80's, and one of my best friends being a NY State referree for 27 years I've met a ton. I got loaded with a few too. Best was Bobby Duncum Sr. and Sika the Wild Samoan. Started out at Michael Lasorda's (Tommy's brother) Marchwood Tavern in Westchester, PA, and went till the morning in a Quality Inn by the Philly airport. Fun time, great guys. Did a little beveraging with Bob Remus (Sgt. Slaughter) at a promo for B.B.D.O. advertising at Tottenville Mall in Staten Island. Got a ride in his camo Caddy limo. He is a hell of a nice guy. At that event I also met a young Paul Heyman who was a photographer working with Bob Raskin's indy promotion, he was pretty cool.

Veritas

Reaction score
As far as actual face to face meetings go, I've met very few wrestlers.

King Kong Bundy, The Bushwackers, & Doink the Clown - This was in the mid '90s when I was a kid. They did an Indy show at the County Fair and were the "big stars" on it. Me and a few of my friends all got our pictures taken with them and autographed. I kept the Doink pic. I'm not 100% sure because I was a kid at the time but, from what I can tell in the pic I have, it was Keirn, not Bourne.

JJ Dillion - I bought his book and, awhile later, had a chance to have it autographed at a signing event. He wrote "Once a Horsemen, always a Horsemen. J.J. Dillion, The BRAINS of the 4 Horsemen." It was so cool.

But as far as just phone conversations and interviews go, I've talked to a few more.

Larry Zbyszko - I spoke to him like 2 or 3 times to set up an audio interview and then was part of the 90-or so minute conversation. Awesome guy but, in my opinion, that 90 minutes we got out of him was more informative than his actual book.

Slyck Wagner Brown - This is an Indy guy who was trained by Killer Kowalski. After Kowalski's death, we set-up a tribute show for the week and got Brown on to speak about Kowalski. I did a few set-up phone calls and the actual interview. Nice, polite guy who seemed to have alot of respect for those who came before him.

Jay Vargas - The nineteen year old Powerball winner who made millions in the lotto and decided the best way to spend his money would be to found and fund Wrestlicious, lol. I spoke with him a few times in set-up phone calls but we could never get an actual interview set-up.

Steve Corino - I did the set-up phone calls and the actual interview which lasted like 90 minutes. Corino was in Puerto Rico during this time as WWC Heavyweight Champion (or Universal Champion, whatever it's called) and he was actually at the arena, getting ready for a show when we talked to him. At the end of the interview we got him to cut a short, spur of the moment promo on his opponent for the night. Great stuff, I was a huge fan of his in ECW so this was very, very cool for me.

Harley Race & Nick Bockwinkel - I did the set-up phone calls for these two short interviews but didn't get to do the actual interviews themselves. Altogether I got to speak with each guy for, maybe, 10 minutes each and really didn't get to ask them anything about wrestling, lol. But it was awesome nonetheless. They were part of a special CAC show we did where the host of our show actually got to go to the CAC event and broadcast on-location, the only wrestling podcast to ever do that.

Cary Silkin - I never got to interview Cary but we had him on the show 3 or 4 times and I did the set-ups for all but the first one so, altogether, I spoke with him probably 20 minutes. He seemed to know who I was towards the end but I'd say he had a good secretary, lol.

Brent Albright - Again, I just did the set-up but I asked him a few things while I was doing it so we probably talked like 15 minutes.

Danny Hodge - This was so cool for me. I got to do the set-up and pre-interview, going through a few questions with Danny and his agent before the show for like 25-30 minutes. Altogether, we got a little over two hours with him on the show as well. Great guy, very polite and humble. I ordered his book straight from his website a few months after the interview and, in the comments section, I typed out who I was. When I got the book he had a written a nice little paragraph thanking US for having him on the show and telling us how much he enjoyed it. I was amazed, lol.

Dory Funk Jr - I did the set-up and alot of the research for this one. We got 90 minutes I think and, somewhere in the interview, he comments us on just how well prepared we were, lol

I also did the set-ups on some others but, right off the top of my head, I can't remember them. These were my favorites.