Which wrestlers have you met in person?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
I thought this would be a cool thread. Basically who have you met in person and is their a story behind it.

I've had a chance to meet a bunch of wrestlers at Indy shows, but i normally just don't wait or anything like that.

Jeff Jarrett - This was in 2006 after Bound for Glory 2006, everyone left the arena, but for someone reason we were still chiling around and saw Jarrett on the phone from a little distance. He waved us off kinda, but he stuck around another minute. After his call he came over to us, signed a auto for my friend, and i shaked his hand.

Virgil - This was at some low budget indy show like 8 years ago. He looked like he was on some heavy drugs, but really nice guy.

Truth Martini - I see this guy everywhere. I saw him most recently at a bar/dance club place. Just said what's up.

ROH wrestlers at a bar. After the show in Chicago, half the roster comes out to a local bar. Roderick Strong, Kenny King, The Briscoes, Eddie Edwards, Adam Pearce, Erick Stevens, Jim Cornette were all there. The Briscoes and Pearce did some karokee.

I came within close quarters of:

Jimmy Jacobs... he was walking by and picked up some cigarettes...idk why but it was kinda funny.

Bryan Danielson - Signing autographs after a chikara show.

The DGUSA core roster - Signing autographs after the DG USA show.

Ric Flair - Signing autographs at a ROH show.

Homicide, Cabana, Albright, Jacobs, Aries, Necro Butcher, Briscoes, Tyler Black, brawling near me during ROH show.

And i thought i saw Booker T driving past one day. Don't think that counts, ha ha.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Met Val Venis while I was at work (kids amusement park) this summer.

His wife and daughter went on this ride where the cars go around at high speed, I have to check to see the seatbelt is tightened and tell them the ride is going to back and forth. When checking their seatbelt, I asked her "Is that Val Venis?", she thought about it and said yeah. Probably because she hasn't heard that name in awhile lol. Seems really cool, his forearms were massive!

imported_Adam

Reaction score
I thought this would be a cool thread. Basically who have you met in person and is their a story behind it.

I've had a chance to meet a bunch of wrestlers at Indy shows, but i normally just don't wait or anything like that.

Jeff Jarrett - This was in 2006 after Bound for Glory 2006, everyone left the arena, but for someone reason we were still chiling around and saw Jarrett on the phone from a little distance. He waved us off kinda, but he stuck around another minute. After his call he came over to us, signed a auto for my friend, and i shaked his hand.

Virgil - This was at some low budget indy show like 8 years ago. He looked like he was on some heavy drugs, but really nice guy.

Truth Martini - I see this guy everywhere. I saw him most recently at a bar/dance club place. Just said what's up.

ROH wrestlers at a bar. After the show in Chicago, half the roster comes out to a local bar. Roderick Strong, Kenny King, The Briscoes, Eddie Edwards, Adam Pearce, Erick Stevens, Jim Cornette were all there. The Briscoes and Pearce did some karokee.

I came within close quarters of:

Jimmy Jacobs... he was walking by and picked up some cigarettes...idk why but it was kinda funny.

Bryan Danielson - Signing autographs after a chikara show.

The DGUSA core roster - Signing autographs after the DG USA show.

Ric Flair - Signing autographs at a ROH show.

Homicide, Cabana, Albright, Jacobs, Aries, Necro Butcher, Briscoes, Tyler Black, brawling near me during ROH show.

And i thought i saw Booker T driving past one day. Don't think that counts, ha ha.

Wow, you've met alot.
Don't know is this counts, but I saw Stevie Richards driving past me one day.

Montana

Reaction score
Thanks...i'm sure i could have met a ton more if i wanted. It's not really that big of a deal to me to meet wrestlers for some reason. Or sports stars. It's fun to bump into them though.

Montana

Reaction score
Yeah, i"d like to meet HBK one day. He's been posting some interesting videos on his site since retirement. I think i'll always be wondering about the handshake at WM 23, where HBK refused to shake Cena's hand.

I'm not sure where you live at, but local wrestling shows is a great way to see washed up wrestling, and new upcoming star wrestlers. Going to the shows early, and staying late you see a lot of the guys.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^I heard TNA really has fan friendly shows, and some people like Jeff Jarret stay after shows for hours just to make sure everyone who wants to meet them gets to. I've read that in a few different reports of some TNA shows. Also if you get a front row seat in the right area, you can be close to the President of TNA. I'd like to see Vinnie Mac do something like that.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Only met a few. I met Jake Roberts when I was 10. He was coming through Detroit Metro Airport. I seen him when I was coming home from Florida. Once I noticed him, everybody else noticed him. At that age, I could pick out just about any wrestler out of a lineup.

The only other I've met was Kurt Angle. In 2002, I was dieting for the NPC Mr Natural Michigan bodybuilding contest. My trainer lived in Clinton, PA which is on the outskirts of Pittsburgh. Kurt and his brother Eric are from Wexford which is close by. Well, my trainer took me to a gym called Amerifit in the Greentree area of Pittsburgh. This is Kurt's home gym when he trains. So my trainer (Andy) took me into another freeweight room and there's Kurt and Eric doing barbell shrugs. My trainer had competed against Eric twice in the NPC Mr Pittsburgh, so they knew each other pretty well. Andy knew Kurt and introduced me.

Reaction score
Let's see:

The Road Warriors
Gangrel
Terry Funk
CM Punk (he was just a kid, this was back in '01)
Danny Daniels (ECW guy, does he count?)
Trent Acid

Oh and I saw Oscar from Men On a Mission laying/sitting/perching on a curb in a park in Indianapolis, IN a few years ago. He was out of his mind drunk and kinda looked homeless.

Montana

Reaction score
What are the stories with the Road Warriors and CM Punk? Those seem like they would be interesting to meet.

That's funny about oscar, kinda sad too. How did you know it was him?

Reaction score
Danny Daniels was in ECW, but he's kinda like Justin Credible: Mostly forgotten.

Road Warriors and Punk were all awesome. Punk literally looked like he was about 16 years old, lol. He was a heel for that show. Only about 3 people approached him after the main event but I went over and talked to him for a minute. Road Warriors had a bunch of people getting pictures, and after getting a pic with Animal I jokingly asked Hawk about the "Hawk Suicide Angle" (I've been reading Wrestlecrap.com for years). He smiled, shrugged and told me "yeah, I know it sucked".

I don't know how I recognized Oscar, but I did, lol. He was very drunk or stoned, or a combination of the two. He had a package of 8x10 glossy photos from his time with M.O.M., lol.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^Thats sad about Oscar, Justin Credible isn't forgotten, he'll forever be known as the man who ended Tommy Dreamer's reign after about 30 minutes. Lol. Your so lucky to have met Punk and the Warriors... especially since Hawk is dead now :S..... If you went to FCW and saw a tryout some place you might be able to see animal though.. (hes an agent and an executive)

Montana

Reaction score
I forgot Danny Daniels wrestled in ECW. He's been on the Indys for like ten years now. Fairly entertaining wrestler.

Thats sweet about punk. Do you recall what show/company it was?

Cool meeting the road warriors too, argueably the greatest tag team of all time.

Reaction score
^God..Maybe it was Prime Championship Wrestling or something? I know it wasn't WCCW (Windy City Champ. Wrestling-where Punk came from), but it wasn't a notable indy company either. It was awhile ago..I'm not recalling the fed name to be honest.