Where in the World is CM Punk?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
And people wonder why it's so easy to hate Punk with fans like this. I've always liked the guy, defended him during his whole title reign when people said he was getting boring, but so help me I say one negative thing about the guy and I get blasted. All I said was he could have handled this situation better if the reports we're getting are true, just like @Defiant and many others have said.

@PHX I feel your pain being an intelligent Punk fan. I thought Luke was up too and agreed with him up until this last page of posts.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It's just the fact that he left when he didn't get a better spot instead of waiting it out and giving himself a chance to get a better spot. He took the Austin route and it didn't even work for Austin when he was a much bigger star. I still don't have a problem with Punk, but he handled this the wrong way and the jokes that can be made from it are pretty funny.
Oh I agree I don't like the way he handled this at all however at the same time as many stories we can read and here we don't truly know the reason why he got fed up this much to just up and go home unlike with Austin where we ended up fully finding out why he left. So that is why I'm not feeling this whole Punk left cause he didn't get his way cause we don't really know just can only assume. I do get your point though about how it is easy to poke fun of.

Reactions: Chris

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Oh I agree I don't like the way he handled this at all however at the same time as many stories we can read and here we don't truly know the reason why he got fed up this much to just up and go home unlike with Austin where we ended up fully finding out why he left. So that is why I'm not feeling this whole Punk left cause he didn't get his way cause we don't really know just can only assume. I do get your point though about how it is easy to poke fun of.
Assume makes an ASS out of U and ME....Anything we say on this is mere speculation, like the guy who was trying to act like Punk left because he wanted to initiate change, because he said it in a promo.....lol kayfabe = reality.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
You know that's the reason he left? Forreal? I'm sure it contributed... but the only reason? C'mon bro. He said himself for months that he was sick of how they kept dodging Daniel Bryan. He also voiced his displeasure with WWE not telling anyone how they planned on paying the superstars for the PPV events now that they had the Network.
And yet he didn't put Daniel Bryan over ONCE in their number of matches for the title? Yeah, okay pal.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I still think its just a vacation. The only reason people are making a big deal about this is because the average joe cant fathom deciding to opt out of a "Wrestlemania Payday".

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
And yet he didn't put Daniel Bryan over ONCE in their number of matches for the title? Yeah, okay pal.

:lmao because the champion has 100% full say in who beats them for the title? They had one match for the title and one triple threat and it was right before SummerSlam of that year, WWE obviously wanted Punk to keep the belt for the show and they wanted some fun matches in the meantime to please the fans.

If Bryan doesn't put Cesaro over in a championship match within the next two months, we turn on him because he just doesn't care about us.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
:lmao because the champion has 100% full say in who beats them for the title? They had one match for the title and one triple threat and it was right before SummerSlam of that year, WWE obviously wanted Punk to keep the belt for the show and they wanted some fun matches in the meantime to please the fans.

If Bryan doesn't put Cesaro over in a championship match within the next two months, we turn on him because he just doesn't care about us.
Never said any of that. They were fun matches, and I thought they had more matches.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Never said any of that. They were fun matches, and I thought they had more matches.

It was two singles matches for the title actually oops. And you're probably thinking of their champion vs champion matches they had earlier in that year and I think Bryan won one of the three.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
And people wonder why it's so easy to hate Punk with fans like this. I've always liked the guy, defended him during his whole title reign when people said he was getting boring, but so help me I say one negative thing about the guy and I get blasted. All I said was he could have handled this situation better if the reports we're getting are true, just like @Defiant and many others have said.

@PHX I feel your pain being an intelligent Punk fan. I thought Luke was up too and agreed with him up until this last page of posts.
What reports though!? This is my point! The only actual report I've seen that has lasted with accounts from others is that Punk is burnt out. Meltzer posted his BS tabloid reports that Punk felt offended that he was gonna face Triple H and NOBODY ran with that one.

Or the BS report that Batista was the reason when Punk has said he 1.) likes Dave and 2.) was happy to have him back full time unlike some others.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Who are you to say which reports are BS or not? I assume most are which is why I'm saying "IF THE FUCKING REPORTS ARE TRUE..." (This includes BS reports, because they're still reports.)

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Only thing I consider somewhat True would be Heymans Podcast with SCSA. And even that has the possibility of being a work.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What reports though!? This is my point! The only actual report I've seen that has lasted with accounts from others is that Punk is burnt out. Meltzer posted his BS tabloid reports that Punk felt offended that he was gonna face Triple H and NOBODY ran with that one.

Or the BS report that Batista was the reason when Punk has said he 1.) likes Dave and 2.) was happy to have him back full time unlike some others.
What point are you trying to make here? We say "all we have is speculation" this has been established already. Nobody took a report and acted like it was gospel truth.

Just say what you really want to say "stop talking bad about CM Punk....He is great at wrestling so that means he is a noble human being, so let's never question his integrity or anything or say he sucked at his job as it is blasphemy".

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
My point is only ONE "report" has had ANY staying power... yet it's the ONE "report" that everyone wants to ignore or brush off... "because Cena doesn't just leave and he is burnt out and/or works as much as Punk ever did." Nobody can use that ONE report... even w/ Heyman saying "only 3 guys were in that room when he made the decision" ... he STILL said, "Punk is tired." Austin even said, "I'm sure the guy was exhausted" and Heyman chuckled in a "no shit, ya think!?" kinda fashion.

Yeah, Heyman dropped the bomb saying Punk wants a main event at Mania... but who the Hell doesn't? If you don't, why are you in the business?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
And yet your point makes no sense, and finding "no shit, ya think?" from a podcast is just reaching.

Again, all we have are speculation and to act like that isn't valid is just fanboy denial on your end. Almost like you saying "New stars was a CM Punk line" in another threa is the same thing. Again......what's your point?