What Have You Been Reading Lately

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I am currently reading The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides (The Virgin Suicides, Middlesex).
It is a very slick, enjoyable novel, with some very well written characters and plenty of entertainment. So far very good.

Pete

Reaction score
I've recently started reading heavily again. I have whisked through The Beach, by Alex Garland (which inspired the DiCaprio movie), The Gemini Contenders by Robert Ludlum, and am now reading Percy Jackson And The Battle Of The Labyrinth (don't make fun, it cost me 10p!), Next up is probably Game Of Thrones - A Song Of Fire And Ice Book One.

And yes, I do read "real" books as well, I've got a bunch of classics To Be Read :p

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Hope the novel to the Beach is better than the film lol.

Pete

Reaction score
I liked them both actually. I'm a fan of Danny Boyle. They're pretty similar overall.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I liked them both actually. I'm a fan of Danny Boyle. They're pretty similar overall.

I am a Boyle fan too, but for me The Beach is his weakest film.

Pete

Reaction score
In the meantime, I have just finished Percy Jackson and the Battle Of The Labyrinth. I had heard things about it, but it is too kiddy and Harry-Potter-ripoff-esque for me.

I have just started Game Of Thrones, A Song Of Ice And Fire Book One, and so far it's awesome! I've never seen the TV show so don't nobody spoil it for me! :p

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
I'm just reading Shakespeare's Sonnets and Hamlet. I love middle english.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
tumblr_m2p1n6LEYA1qgs46ro1_500.jpg

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
As well as TMP I am also currently reading A 1984 Year in Review film Guide which is amusing, with some nice photos.

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
I am reading a post apocalyptic zombie book called The Dead by Charlie Higson. Pretty good.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
China Inc

It is a book from a few years back by Ted Fishman discussing China's rise as the next superpower. It is a very detailed overview of China's growth and he broke it down well. Definitely can't say that he didn't go into enough detail or didn't use enough statistics. Sometimes it is to his detriment that he goes into too much detail and the flow from chapter to chapter isn't too good, yes it is a non-fiction book but still I have read other economics based books with better structure. It is interesting reading this a few years later because we see that China's growth is still very strong five or so years after the book was released. Some of his predictions have come true about just how big this economy will become. Overall a good book to read if you want to get the facts on what is fueling China's growth and how it impacts on the rest of the world specifically the US.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Well, just finished reading Death Note: Another Note - Los Angeles BB Murder Cases.

A book narrated by Mello. For those who don't know, it focuses on the cooperation between L and Naomi Misora (the fiancée of Raye Penber) - L chooses her as his pawn basically, because he investigates through her. It's basically the story about how L gained the nickname Ryuzaki and about a war between another Wammy's orphan B (Beyond Birthday) and L. It's about B trying to make a case L cannot solve. All of it becomes interesting when a weird and I mean a WEIRD detective just pops up at the crime scene just when Misora is investigating, and the detective's name is Rue Ryuzaki. Not telling you more, because I'd spoil the book, but I can tell you it's awesome. An average reader will find it really good, however a Death Note fan like me will find it FUCKING AMAZING.

Pete

Reaction score
Game of Thrones - A Song Of Fire And Ice Book One.

One word: AWESOME.