What do you think of Fandango?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
wwe.com said:
Fandango’s infectious entrance tune became a worldwide sensation after the crowd at Monday’s Raw began singing it during his match against Kofi Kingston. Eager for more after Raw went off the air and fans left New Jersey’s IZOD Center, the WWE Universe has flooded iTunes looking for the ballroom dancer’s signature song.
Composed by WWE music wizard Jim Johnston, “ChaChaLaLa” has shot up the iTunes sales charts overnight. As of Tuesday afternoon, the ditty is No. 3 on the Top Soundtracks Chart in America.

Overseas, the ballroom brute’s music is skyrocketing to the top of the charts. WWE fans in the United Kingdom have helped Fandango’s song reach No. 11, passing artists like Chris Brown and The Lumineers while quickly approaching stars like Bruno Mars and Taylor Swift.

Sales of the song have increased more than 4,000 percent since Fandango’s in-ring debut at WrestleMania this past Sunday.

Will you be part of the craze known as “Fandangoing”? Head on over to iTunes and give it a try.

UPDATE (4:08 p.m.): Fandango's entrance music is on the verge of cracking the UK Top 10, behind Taylor Swift's "22".

I was wondering how well his song was selling and wwe.com have delivered. Fantastic that this has caught on so quickly.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I'm gonna actually listen to the chart show on Sunday just to hear the DJ's stutter their way to explaining why a wrestling theme is in the charts.

Wonder if they'll pronounce his name right :lol:

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
I have to admit, he has grown a little on me. I was sick of his game of not debuting because people couldn't pronounce his name to his satisfaction. It got really old and stale. After seeing him in WM, I was more impressed and he might grow on me more if his act doesn't get cheesier.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Fandango is the shit. Last monday's crowd was hysterical, lol.

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
I like him, not really impressed with anything he's done in the ring yet though, apart from that legdrop he's not done anything apart from stomp/punch people. Kind of fucked up the small package on Jericho. I've never seen him in the ring as Johnny Curtis before, I assume he can wrestle if they've promoted him to the main roster.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I don't really see the Morrison comparison because they were two completely different types of people and characters. That and Morrison was never a stand-alone act. He always needed somebody else, whether it's a valet or a tag team partner. I don't see Fandango having that issue. His valet is pretty worthless and could fuck off next week and nobody would remember her.
Talking Morrison on ECW before the signature suspension, who was a single act that they were trying to get over wo Melina or a partner as their champ

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It would be nice to see more of what he can do in the ring but then again he has only had two matches so far so we will see more of his moveset over time. Hasn't really had the opportunity to show off that much of his arsenal. I want to see how he incorporates the dancing gimmick into a few of his moves.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
What can I say? I like him. He's actually the very FIRST dancer character I've EVER liked. At first I thought he'd be another Disco Inferno, but
nope. More athleticism, more personality, more everything...by the way OP it's FAAAAAANDAAAAAANGOOOOOOOO.

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
Just watched Smackdown, the theme music humming doesn't seem to have taken off as much as i would've thought. There was a bit but not very loud. Anyone who goes to a live WWE event after that Raw and doesn't sing Fandangos theme music loads is out of their mind, it looks like the most fun ever. Looking forward to the UK shows, it's massive here, there's been crowds doing it at football matches.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I was a fan of the guy the moment he debuted, but not nearly to the extent everyone else seems to be right now. Fact of the matter is, the guy really hasn't done much yet. He's had a whopping 2 whole matches so far and he's pretty much only as over as he is right now because of that New Jersey crowd.

I definitely liked his vignettes and the whole "refusing to wrestle until they said his name correctly" schtick, that was very hilarious to me. But I need to see how long this guy can roll with the momentum that introduction gave him before I can say anything definitive about him.

I'm optimistic though. He's definitely one of the most interesting guys on Raw for me right now and I hope it stays that way.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I wonder how amazed Johnny Curtis is, I'm sure when WWE told him they were giving him the dancer gimmick he probably thought he'd debut, be pushed for a month, then get jobbed out and fired within a year but dammit if the gimmick hasn't actually gotten over. Early call I know but it just might be the best dancer gimmick in Wrasslin.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Talking Morrison on ECW before the signature suspension, who was a single act that they were trying to get over wo Melina or a partner as their champ
I'd counter your argument, but you'd eventually just post "tldr" or some other Blue bullshit and waste my time, so whatever you say.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
DJ Gabriel owns this fool 8D

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'd counter your argument, but you'd eventually just post "tldr" or some other Blue bullshit and waste my time, so whatever you say.
You're learning and for that You're Welcome