What Do You Miss From Your Earlier Days of Being a Wrestling Fan?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
No doubt bro that was literally the best! Lol we were doing the same things fuck those substitute teachers!

I didn't save it for substitutes lol

....Got in alot of trouble because of the attitude era and good ol WWF in school because of 2 things mainly

1. DX (the original)
2. Stone Cold

I still get myself into trouble with the stuff they instilled in me lol.... then again I would probably be a wuss and would have been picked on my whole life too if it wasn't for Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Ok @Jacob Fox I've got a question for ya.

The few of us were kids, it was a fucking awesome time in wrestling back then. And like we've said it all seemed so real and legit.

How about from an adult view back then? Was it as great as we remember? Or were we just kids and easily entertained? And how much different is it now compared to then?.is it still night and day?

Psycho Rangers

The Artiste
Reaction score
Being able to enjoy wrestling without thinking about the politics going into everything. I miss being a mark. I miss the illusion, I miss the excitement of not knowing what would happen at a PPV...boy those were the days...

I concur. I also wish I got into wrestling earlier...I first heard about the WWE between 2002 and 2003 BUT I only started getting into it around MitB 2011, when I was in high school...

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Ok @Jacob Fox I've got a question for ya.

The few of us were kids, it was a fucking awesome time in wrestling back then. And like we've said it all seemed so real and legit.

How about from an adult view back then? Was it as great as we remember? Or were we just kids and easily entertained? And how much different is it now compared to then?.is it still night and day?

Here's the amusing thing about that. I actually only stopped watching wrestling once in my life and it was between May 1998 and sometime in 2003. This had nothing to do with the quality of wrestling though. I was writing and doing a lot of traveling and didn't really have the time. So I missed nearly all of the Attitude Era. I have gone back and watched all of the Raws and all of the PPVs though. So I can't really say if I thought it was cool when it was going on.

However, it was when a friend of mine suggested that we rent some Attitude Era PPVS that I started getting the Wrestling Fever again. I would have been 28 at the time. And I loved it. And I regretted that I stopped watching it when I did because I missed a lot of entertaining things.

I think it's more appropriate to say the AE was entertaining rather than good. I actually think the Monday Night War between 1996 and 1998 was the Golden Age of wrestling. It was much better wrestling and more entertaining to me than the AE from 1998 and onward.

But was it great? Yeah, it was. I still go back and watch those old Raws and PPVS all the time. You will probably remember it being better than it was if it was your first time watching wrestling. I began watching wrestling around the time of WrestleMania II. It seemed real and legit to me then too. Looking back I do feel a bit silly for thinking that, but they did a good job at entertaining me and that was what is most important.

And since when are kids easily entertained? Haha. Kids have short attention spans and get bored quickly. If you stuck with the entire Attitude Era while you were a kid, it says something about how entertaining it was :)

Sorry for the delay in answering the question too. I am not sure how I missed the tag.

Last edited:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
My suspension of disbelief and ability to not think so much into it.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Oh wow you're pretty old :21-1: I thought I was the oldest here

I think I am the oldest regular poster on here. But we got some others who are close to me in age... some guys and gals in their late 30s. @Wacokid27 and @Just Kevin are not too far behind me if I am not mistaken.

Pretty old haha. I definitely don't feel like it and just about everyone says I don't look anywhere close to it so as long as those two things keep up, I couldn't care less about the number :)

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I think I am the oldest regular poster on here. But we got some others who are close to me in age... some guys and gals in their late 30s. @Wacokid27 and @Just Kevin are not too far behind me if I am not mistaken.

Pretty old haha. I definitely don't feel like it and just about everyone says I don't look anywhere close to it so as long as those two things keep up, I couldn't care less about the number :)

Yes, I'm old. Thanks for the reminder.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I look at it this way. I got to grow up in a time when there were arcades with games like Pac Man, Centipede, Joust and all those classic games were relatively new. I got to go to actual Grindhouse theaters when I was younger. I remember when Gauntlet and Double Dragon were at the 7-11 down the street and there was always a line to play them. Super Mario Bros and Castlevania seemed revolutionary to me. But not only that, I'm still young enough to enjoy all the technology and games and entertainment that we have today. I honestly think that being born in the 70s was great because I got to watch all of these things change over the years, but I can still appreciate the older stuff because I experienced it first hand :)

Now, that doesn't mean if someone gave me a sip from the fountain of youth, I wouldn't take it. But I really think my life so far has spanned the most interesting time period I could have ever wanted it to .

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I look at it this way. I got to grow up in a time when there were arcades with games like Pac Man, Centipede, Joust and all those classic games were relatively new. I got to go to actual Grindhouse theaters when I was younger. I remember when Gauntlet and Double Dragon were at the 7-11 down the street and there was always a line to play them. Super Mario Bros and Castlevania seemed revolutionary to me. But not only that, I'm still young enough to enjoy all the technology and games and entertainment that we have today. I honestly think that being born in the 70s was great because I got to watch all of these things change over the years, but I can still appreciate the older stuff because I experienced it first hand :)

Now, that doesn't mean if someone gave me a sip from the fountain of youth, I wouldn't take it. But I really think my life so far has spanned the most interesting time period I could have ever wanted it to .

Yes, Yes, and Yes some more. Preach Brother! TESTIFY!

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I was born in 89. I come from the tail end of the last good generation.. the very tail end. Where we still played outdoors... computers were around, but not in our everyday life until I was like 14. Sure we got one in 98, but... DIAL UP! couldn't go on the Internet because mom was waiting for a call. And plus...wtf would a 9 yr old do on the Internet? Only Internet we knew then was when dad played online euchre when mom was gone lol.

Even my siblings born in 92 and 95 are definitely from the next generation.