What Do You Miss From Your Earlier Days of Being a Wrestling Fan?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I miss the early days of being a wrestling fan when I wasn't as critical of everything and just say and enjoyed. I also miss when I was not forced to listen to people who are so bitter and blinded by their hard headed opinions they can't respect anyone else's likes or interests in wrestling and jump on every minor thing and either turn something somewhat positive into a negative or ignore anything positive.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Any time somebody mentions that, automatically the image of 3 minute warning beating the complete crap out of 2 lesbians pops into my brain.... that splash of the top looked so horrible for that tiny little girl

RIP Umaga

That shit was the funniest shit I've ever seen

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I miss being a kid that liked stupid stuff, like Hurricane and Eugene. I miss weapons being used a moderate amount, not rare like now and constantly like with hardcore shows, I miss personal storylines, I miss WWECW (I know, it was crap, but I loved it), I miss TNA being great, I miss the Main Event Mafia (original version), I miss Deuce and Domino for some reason, I miss old Matt Hardy (Broken Matt is better, but I still miss him), I miss Edge, I miss the Elimination Chamber, I miss the spinner WWE Championship for some reason, I miss the World Heavyweight Championship, I miss the am Smackdown Six, I miss The Boogeyman, I miss Big Show, and most of all, I miss unmasked Kane from 2004-2013

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
I miss being a kid that liked stupid stuff, like Hurricane and Eugene. I miss weapons being used a moderate amount, not rare like now and constantly like with hardcore shows, I miss personal storylines, I miss WWECW (I know, it was crap, but I loved it), I miss TNA being great, I miss the Main Event Mafia (original version), I miss Deuce and Domino for some reason, I miss old Matt Hardy (Broken Matt is better, but I still miss him), I miss Edge, I miss the Elimination Chamber, I miss the spinner WWE Championship for some reason, I miss the World Heavyweight Championship, I miss the am Smackdown Six, I miss The Boogeyman, I miss Big Show, and most of all, I miss unmasked Kane from 2004-2013

I missed all of that lol.

I miss being a mark. I figured out some things such as the moves being fake on my own when I was a kid, did not know how far kayfabe and scripting went though.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
90ce43d77093a6f2effaa5f2d8c91dd9.jpg

I miss this, the best WWE Title design of all time (in my opinion)

liverose

Jobber
Reaction score
I miss tabboo tuesdays / cyber sundays. I miss Kane/Lita/Matt/Edge's so awful it was wonderful storyline. I miss everything Angle ever did (I did a slide show report on him in middle school thats how great I thought he was.) I miss themes with words in them. I miss JR and Tazz. Most importantly I miss chef boyarde comercials.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I miss tabboo tuesdays / cyber sundays. I miss Kane/Lita/Matt/Edge's so awful it was wonderful storyline. I miss everything Angle ever did (I did a slide show report on him in middle school thats how great I thought he was.) I miss themes with words in them. I miss JR and Tazz. Most importantly I miss chef boyarde comercials.

MEnh... they always doctored the polls

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Not having social media and interwebs spoil things. Seems like that is almost unavoidable these days. Even when they try to surprise us with a return or a signing, someone knows and then spoils it.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Not having social media and interwebs spoil things. Seems like that is almost unavoidable these days. Even when they try to surprise us with a return or a signing, someone knows and then spoils it.

Agree one billion percent with this one!! I don't know how many times I've said this exact thing! That's the absolute WORST fucking thing about modern day wwe. The god damn spoilers. God I can't stand it. I avoid all wrestling bullshit online except this forum, which you can pick and choose what you want to read. I love this place.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Agree one billion percent with this one!! I don't know how many times I've said this exact thing! That's the absolute WORST fucking thing about modern day wwe. The god damn spoilers. God I can't stand it. I avoid all wrestling bullshit online except this forum, which you can pick and choose what you want to read. I love this place.
Just imagine how much people would have popped if nobody knew AJ Styles was signed to the WWE before his debut, it would have been insane

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Just imagine how much people would have popped if nobody knew AJ Styles was signed to the WWE before his debut, it would have been insane

I had no idea who he was or that he signed with wwe lol. It seemed like a huge pop though. Big enough to know that he's someone special atleast