What do you do for a living or what are your future plans?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Right now I am unemployed, again! :(

Writing on a novel. Hopefully I manage to give it out. That's one of my goals in life

Yeah offically althrough I am a student I also sign on. Its tough, because I know that my future lies in going to UNI and getting the degree to get into the area of my choosing, I am kind of treading water right now, applying for stuff to keep the job centre off my back, althrough its partly part time work and trying to balance my studies at the same time.

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
I am a health information technology consultant, which is basically managing networks, software and workflows for medical offices. I like my job, but if I could do it all over again, I think I would be a marine biologist. I know there isn't much money in it, but getting to spend time in the ocean doing good things would be very rewarding. I have always had a fascination with ocean life and have been a recreational scuba diver for several years. Living as a bachelor in a small condo in the Florida Keys where my daily job required me to dive and study ocean life? I'd take it if I could.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'm a writer of all sorts. Mainly I do screenwriting but I hope to be a director one day. I'm currently writing a small web series based on my time working at Blockbuster. Well that's only one thing. I tend to get distracted easily as I have about 8 projects including a comic book with a friend of mine who is a drawer and a book. I might turn my book into a screenplay because I suck at details. My specialty is character and dialogue and I occasionally get hired for small things like a review or article. Technically I'm unemployed though. Hopefully I get a steady job as I need more money to buy a new camera.

I sort of have a similar backstory as you Keith as I graduated and had no idea what I was going to do with my life. I loved movies and worked at blockbuster for over 2 years and it never even hit me to do stuff with movies. I'm still young as I just turned 21 but I feel with all my life experience I'm far more wiser than a lot of people my age.

Keep me update with how things go. I would love to read any screenplays you write or see any films you produce in the future.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Keep me update with how things go. I would love to read any screenplays you write or see any films you produce in the future.

I could send you a couple pages of one if you'd like. I'm currently rewriting some of it since the beginning is a bit rushed and i made one character a little slow i thought but it turns out he comes off more as mentally challenged. It's about a sophisticated psychopath robbing a bank.... Or so it seems lol.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sounds good I will PM you my e-mail address. I too have writen one which I may let you look at.

Pete

Reaction score
I'm writing a novel, I know what the plot is, but I'm afraid the first half will be more Young Adults and the second half will be for adults (since it follows the growth of a character from a teen to an adult). Any tips on how to avoid this?

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'm writing a novel, I know what the plot is, but I'm afraid the first half will be more Young Adults and the second half will be for adults (since it follows the growth of a character from a teen to an adult). Any tips on how to avoid this?

Is that such a bad thing? The story's tone changing along with the character's age seems like it could lend itself to some interesting exploration. Nonetheless, with story writing I'd suggest roughly planning out how the story is going to go before writing.

Anyway, back on topic.

I have a degree in advertising and I'm hoping to find my niche somewhere in a creative role. If not, perhaps I could just take a graphics arts course, boss it, and see where that takes me.

So I have options... But I'll say honestly that there's not really anything in life that I would feel passionate enough to pursue. Creative advertising may be my best avenue but I'm not sure I can handle the environment and the urgency demanded. Stand-up comedy was a childhood dream of mine but I don't have the talent, committment or the balls to do it.

I feel like I'm not so much doing what I want to do, just what I can do. I guess I'm tired of being the guy still wondering what the fuck to I wanna do.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think sometimes it is about finding that balance between doing a job you are good at, but also something you enjoy even if it maybe wouldn't be your dream job. People are different of course, some are happy to do any job as long as it isn't too bad and get their thrills outside of work, whereas some actually want to do something they are passionate about.